New GAME Watch article

For general discussion of Fire Pro Wrestling World topics and news.
Old School Oni
Community Member

Re: New GAME Watch article

Postby Old School Oni » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why no Killer Elite Squad. I get BC (reluctantly) but seems like we're missing them, Hikuleo, Ishimori, and Jay White. I know this is the Juniors pack but given how the Junior roster is thinner, I'm hoping they'll work some of the missing guys in through the story mode. Probably not, but I can dream. I'll still buy the Jr DLC either way.

RyanCE
Community Member

Postby RyanCE » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:38 pm

I'm hoping that the Young Bucks, Marty Scurll, and Taiji Ishimori constitute the "others" part of the junior heavyweight list. The director mentioned wanting to include ROH wrestlers, so hopefully Spike was able to work out a deal with them.

Ideally, the final DLC pack would be a gaijin/heavyweight set with Cody, Killer Elite Squad, Hangman Page, and others.

Old School Oni
Community Member

Postby Old School Oni » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:40 pm

RyanCE wrote:I'm hoping that the Young Bucks, Marty Scurll, and Taiji Ishimori constitute the "others" part of the junior heavyweight list. The director mentioned wanting to include ROH wrestlers, so hopefully Spike was able to work out a deal with them.

Ideally, the final DLC pack would be a gaijin/heavyweight set with Cody, Killer Elite Squad, Hangman Page, and others.

Your lips to God's ears. I need a buckshot lariat.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:33 am

maikeru wrote:
View619 wrote:
maikeru wrote:
the deluxe edition of the game on the Japanese PSN works out to be about that much, yes. It is a preorder for both the game and the three DLC packs

Isn't deluxe just the PS4 game with some additional stuff? No season pass included?

whoops -- i meant digital deluxe, which is the game + season pass. the physical deluxe was sold out within like an hour, so I couldn't get it. :(

Try play Asia again. They restocked it the other day and that's when I picked it up.

Eddie Lukin
Community Member

Postby Eddie Lukin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Jetlag wrote:Looks like promoter mode is indeed going to be an exact copy from Final Fire Pro

That’s a disappointment. I found it to be very easy to manipulate FFP.
Say hey if you remember Pro Wrestling SHAFT!

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Pretty sure that whatever they implemented was going to be easy to manipulate if you really wanted to; usually the case with video games. :(
You still get idiots complaining about Civ games being too easy because they constantly exploit the weakest points of the AI (military combat); not calling you an idiot.

oneway23

Postby oneway23 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:05 pm

I may be old & crotchety, but, these whippersnappers taken aback by the price of the game + DLC clearly weren't around when I paid $85 while in college to get an imported copy of Fire Pro D for my Dreamcast back in 2001. Paid the same, if not slightly more, for Fire Pro G in '99.
Last edited by oneway23 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roobye
Community Member

Postby roobye » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:20 pm

If the game is polished and well-supported, I have no qualms paying that much, given the replay value.

I paid $20 for World and have logged 613 hours. Works out to about $.03/hour. That's pretty good ROI in my book.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:21 pm

As someone who hasn't played the game in a while, this all really has me fired up.

Like, I want to kick someone in the face like Kawada.

That's how excited this makes me.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

roobye
Community Member

Postby roobye » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:28 pm

kikrusher99 wrote:Try play Asia again. They restocked it the other day and that's when I picked it up.

THANK YOU. Just ordered mine. :)

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:54 pm

oneway23 wrote:I may be old & crotchety, but, these whippersnappers taken aback by the price of the game + DLC clearly weren't around when I paid $85 while in college to get an imported copy of Fire Pro D for my Dreamcast back in 2001. Paid the same, if not slightly more, for Fire Pro G in '99.

A lot of the old guys including myself have brought up this point multiple times over the last year. This game is a steal even with the additional DLC costs. It's coming in English and its playable without modification on your home console... and still people act like Spike-Chunsoft is some evil nickel and diming megacorp for having the audacity to charge actual real money for additional content. Nevermind the fact that this additional revenue is going to determine the entire future of this series.

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:19 pm

Nth wrote:
oneway23 wrote:I may be old & crotchety, but, these whippersnappers taken aback by the price of the game + DLC clearly weren't around when I paid $85 while in college to get an imported copy of Fire Pro D for my Dreamcast back in 2001. Paid the same, if not slightly more, for Fire Pro G in '99.

A lot of the old guys including myself have brought up this point multiple times over the last year. This game is a steal even with the additional DLC costs. It's coming in English and its playable without modification on your home console... and still people act like Spike-Chunsoft is some evil nickel and diming megacorp for having the audacity to charge actual real money for additional content. Nevermind the fact that this additional revenue is going to determine the entire future of this series.

I dont remember how much I paid for D. That however was an import so price was expected to he higher. My comment about the price was not necessarily any type of stab at the makers of fire pro and more of a stab at how games are presented as a whole now a days. With everything getting DLC and games costing a ton of money to get the FULL release.
Last edited by heelsinc on Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:47 pm

View619 wrote:
Jetlag wrote:Looks like promoter mode is indeed going to be an exact copy from Final Fire Pro. Good. I wonder if we have to enter MP cost (and body health?) manually for each wrestler we enter or is it calculated in some way?

More juniors would be nice. Anyone know what the deal with Dragon Lee being in the game is in terms of legal stuff? What about all the other luchadores that work New Japan once in a while? I'd love for someone like Hechicero to be in the DLC with all of his moves.

I remember starting MP being based on the promotion size, and body health was automatically updated over-time as wrestlers were booked in shows.

I never got to play this game so am super pumped to finally get to play this mode

oneway23

Postby oneway23 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:58 pm

I get where you're coming from, heelsinc (great handle, btw!).

For better or worse, everything we buy nowadays is essentially a beta, but look at it this way: While this can feel frustrating, it also means that constant improvements and updates can be made. Other than using the modem included with the Dreamcast, this was never an option in the "good old days." What you got out of the box is what you were left with, and you had to wait if/when the next game came out.

Also, again, for all the positives and negatives associated with social media, when used properly and effectively, it can provide somewhat of a direct channel to the devs. We have a greater ability than ever before to have an open dialogue and influence, to a certain degree, any potential features and fixes.

oneway23

Postby oneway23 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:12 pm

El Marsh wrote:As someone who hasn't played the game in a while, this all really has me fired up.

Like, I want to kick someone in the face like Kawada.

That's how excited this makes me.

Improbable for one to be more excited than that...honestly.

Love the Alex Ross Superman!

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Yea I totally get that aspect of it. Additional with Fire promoter being 20 and the base game being 30 I feel like thats a full price game and those two thing together to me are a full proper game. So the added New Japan content I get being paid additionally. I just hate spending additional money to have the complete game but Fire Pro for sure is worth mine :)