New GAME Watch article

For general discussion of Fire Pro Wrestling World topics and news.
Jason Blackhart
Community Member

New GAME Watch article

Postby Jason Blackhart » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:39 pm

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1132956.html

News from the article:

Next 2 DLC items are scheduled to release during Autumn. Fire Promoter is priced at 2,160 yen and NJPW Junior Heavyweight Story is priced at 1,600 yen. Third DLC still to be announced.

Names mentioned as part of the Jr Heavy DLC:
Jushin Thunder Liger
Tiger Mask (4th generation)
Jado
Will Ospreay
SHO
YOH
Rocky Romero
Berreta
Yujiro Takahashi
Dragon Lee
Last edited by Jason Blackhart on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crippler19
Community Member

Re: New GAME Watch article

Postby crippler19 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Nice. assuming they mean Jado since Gedo is in the first NJPW update that would be pretty much be everyone, except some of the foreigners, on the roster.

Jason Blackhart
Community Member

Postby Jason Blackhart » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:44 pm

^ Oops, yeah, that was my mistake, it's supposed to be Jado! Fixed it in the original post.

GAMEprowrestling
Community Member

Postby GAMEprowrestling » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Man, $20 for fire promoter? That feels kinda steep. It also shows how thin their native junior divison is, with 4 semi-retired guys, a tag team, and a guy that moved out of the division a year ago. Out of 10 names only 3 are active singles junior heavyweights.

Pretty cool that Dragon Lee is in, though.

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Damn gonna have to drop around $100 to get the game and all dlc it seems

crippler19
Community Member

Postby crippler19 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:12 pm

GAMEprowrestling wrote:Man, $20 for fire promoter? That feels kinda steep. It also shows how thin their native junior divison is, with 4 semi-retired guys, a tag team, and a guy that moved out of the division a year ago. Out of 10 names only 3 are active singles junior heavyweights.

Pretty cool that Dragon Lee is in, though.

Well Hiromu, Desperado, BUSHI, KUSHIDA, Taguchi, Gedo, Kanemaru are all in the first update.

Yo_Charlie
Community Member

Postby Yo_Charlie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:13 pm

I'm happy Liger made the cut. Alot of people were speculating that'd it cost too much to license him.

And reading the article, it says "and others"

Yo_Charlie
Community Member

Postby Yo_Charlie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Also new screenshots of Fire Promoter.

marvel
Community Member

Postby marvel » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:44 pm

During the G1 press conference last night the Fire Pro director showed up and said that the game went Gold last week. i.e. ready for sale.

Pfr Chaos
Community Member

Postby Pfr Chaos » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Jason Blackhart wrote:https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1132956.html

News from the article:

Next 2 DLC items are scheduled to release during Autumn. Fire Promoter is priced at 2,160 yen and NJPW Junior Heavyweight Story is priced at 1,600 yen. Third DLC still to be announced.

Names mentioned as part of the Jr Heavy DLC:
Jushin Thunder Liger
Tiger Mask (4th generation)
Jado
Will Ospreay
SHO
YOH
Rocky Romero
Berreta
Yujiro Takahashi
Dragon Lee

OH GOD YES

MBXfilms
Community Member

Postby MBXfilms » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:07 pm

And that's just a few names, may be more in the DLC. More guys means more moves also. I would love Liger and Tiger Mask to get a few more of their moves or taunts.

How about the grapple crossface animation as a ground move for Jado?
And Berreta should get us some more tilt-a-whirl and tornado DDT's in some positions.

I know it's kinda high priced but this game really needs the funds to keep it going and getting free updates in-between also.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Yo_Charlie wrote:I'm happy Liger made the cut. Alot of people were speculating that'd it cost too much to license him.

And reading the article, it says "and others"

Jushin, Tiger Mask, Berreta and Dragon Lee are good signs. I'm pretty sure the first two point to potential legends at some point, and then Berreta/Dragon Lee point to potential crossovers with other promotions.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:55 pm

heelsinc wrote:Damn gonna have to drop around $100 to get the game and all dlc it seems

50 for the base game/NJPW DLC, 20 for Fire Promoter, and then whatever the other packs end up costing. Also, the Takayama DLC is 3 bucks, but I think that's also included. Sounds about right/par for the course.

Of course, I got in on the ground level and bought the game on Steam in Early Access so I've only had to pay a fraction of the price.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Yo_Charlie
Community Member

Postby Yo_Charlie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:
heelsinc wrote:Damn gonna have to drop around $100 to get the game and all dlc it seems

50 for the base game/NJPW DLC, 20 for Fire Promoter, and then whatever the other packs end up costing. Also, the Takayama DLC is 3 bucks, but I think that's also included. Sounds about right/par for the course.

Of course, I got in on the ground level and bought the game on Steam in Early Access so I've only had to pay a fraction of the price.

This was talking about the PS4 version. There's still no price set for the Steam version. But yeah expect them to drive us towards the planned season pass.

Takayama charity DLC isn't included (or even planned for the PS4 version as far as I know)

Super Lobo
Community Member

Postby Super Lobo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:46 pm

It's odd they haven't mentioned anything about a NA deluxe edition with just a month to go. I keep waiting so I can finally put my preorder in.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Super Lobo wrote:It's odd they haven't mentioned anything about a NA deluxe edition with just a month to go. I keep waiting so I can finally put my preorder in.

I think it's just a regular version that comes with a NJPW almanac. Limited supply on the almanac. That's what I'm understanding from what's been announced.

maikeru
Community Member

Postby maikeru » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:09 pm

the deluxe edition of the game on the Japanese PSN works out to be about that much, yes. It is a preorder for both the game and the three DLC packs

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:09 pm

I paid 89 plus shipping for my LE Japanese copy on play Asia.

Yo_Charlie
Community Member

Postby Yo_Charlie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:12 pm

kikrusher99 wrote:I paid 89 plus shipping for my LE Japanese copy on play Asia.

That doesn't come with the season pass. It's the standard PS4 version with a special box + exclusive trinkets.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:12 pm

kikrusher99 wrote:I paid 89 plus shipping for my LE Japanese copy on play Asia.

$144 for Canadians.

otaku2255
Community Member

Postby otaku2255 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm digging the art for the Fire Promoter screens.

Autumn is a bit far ahead to wait, though. Still, Fighting Road and completing my rosters should keep me busy until then.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:37 pm

maikeru wrote:

the deluxe edition of the game on the Japanese PSN works out to be about that much, yes. It is a preorder for both the game and the three DLC packs

Isn't deluxe just the PS4 game with some additional stuff? No season pass included?

Jetlag
Community Member

Postby Jetlag » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:38 pm

Looks like promoter mode is indeed going to be an exact copy from Final Fire Pro. Good. I wonder if we have to enter MP cost (and body health?) manually for each wrestler we enter or is it calculated in some way?

More juniors would be nice. Anyone know what the deal with Dragon Lee being in the game is in terms of legal stuff? What about all the other luchadores that work New Japan once in a while? I'd love for someone like Hechicero to be in the DLC with all of his moves.

maikeru
Community Member

Postby maikeru » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 pm

View619 wrote:
maikeru wrote:

Isn't deluxe just the PS4 game with some additional stuff? No season pass included?

whoops -- i meant digital deluxe, which is the game + season pass. the physical deluxe was sold out within like an hour, so I couldn't get it. :(

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Jetlag wrote:Looks like promoter mode is indeed going to be an exact copy from Final Fire Pro. Good. I wonder if we have to enter MP cost (and body health?) manually for each wrestler we enter or is it calculated in some way?

More juniors would be nice. Anyone know what the deal with Dragon Lee being in the game is in terms of legal stuff? What about all the other luchadores that work New Japan once in a while? I'd love for someone like Hechicero to be in the DLC with all of his moves.

I remember starting MP being based on the promotion size, and body health was automatically updated over-time as wrestlers were booked in shows.