How fast can Goldberg squash people?

For general discussion of Fire Pro Wrestling World topics and news.
Cycklops

How fast can Goldberg squash people?

Postby Cycklops » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:39 am

I want my Goldberg edit (and similar guys like Ultimate Warrior etc) to squash jobbers as quickly as possible. What are good ways to achieve this and how fast could we get it?

October Raven
Community Member

Re: How fast can Goldberg squash people?

Postby October Raven » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:54 am

Well that depends. Kicks have been measured to deliver over 12,000 Newtons of force, more than enough to crush any bone in the human body, and if you can kick that hard logically you can stomp just as hard if not harder. And of course that's if he doesn't have a steamroller....

Oh you mean how quick he can beat people.

Well I'm sure there's people more in the know as far as number crunch goes, but it depends on a lot of factors, including the attack parameters of Goldberg, the defense parameters of his opponents, their recovery rate, and what moves are being done and that's not going into things like special skills and Ukemi.

IN GENERAL however you can typically expect a high-powered wrestler to be able to bring a low-powered wrestler into Large Damage within five minutes depending on how many grapples they win. However it's pretty rare for a match to end in less than ten minutes unless it's MMA rules or a CRITICAL! happens. Keep in mind this is Fire Pro time which is about twice as fast as real time.
Proving Ground Championship Wrestling: Weekly TV based E-Fed
#FLSoverMLS

My YouTube Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzhF75 ... TfnVvGi8hw WATCH LIKE SUBSCRIBE RECOMMEND TO PEOPLE PLZ

otaku2255
Community Member

Postby otaku2255 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:55 am

The "Start Dash" special skill is the best way to accomplish a dominant beginning. However, in Fire Pro, squash matches are extremely rare and hard to precisely program.

Cpt. Spaulding
Community Member

Postby Cpt. Spaulding » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:32 am

If you are into using mods, try Carlzillas mod suite. There is a jobber database in which you can put your wrestlers, which means (as far as I understand) they start match in a high health damage state (so they are easy to beat).
Additionally there is also a mod for match pacing by Carl also in his mod suite, which allows you to set the probable match length to "short".
I have good results with using these both things to let my monster heels (e. g. Ox Hemlock from Lunch_Box's KWA :D) squash jobbers in around 3 - 5 minutes, sometimes shorter. ;)

Cycklops

Postby Cycklops » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:51 am

Cpt. Spaulding wrote:If you are into using mods, try Carlzillas mod suite. There is a jobber database in which you can put your wrestlers, which means (as far as I understand) they start match in a high health damage state (so they are easy to beat).
Additionally there is also a mod for match pacing by Carl also in his mod suite, which allows you to set the probable match length to "short".
I have good results with using these both things to let my monster heels (e. g. Ox Hemlock from Lunch_Box's KWA :D) squash jobbers in around 3 - 5 minutes, sometimes shorter. ;)

Very interesting, I may have that mod already. Let me see...

MBXfilms
Community Member

Postby MBXfilms » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:05 pm

This game is based on Japanese wrestling and even the Young Lions, the rookies in only black tights and boots, put up a fight against other talent.
So you have to think of this game as PPV or big event matches that won't ever be squashes. Everyone has a chance to get a surprise win.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Give Goldberg a thrust kick, change his critical to striking and kick Bret Hart in the head. Should probably work.

maikeru
Community Member

Postby maikeru » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 pm

- follow his Human/Spike stats (gasp). He has maxed out power and agility to make the jackhammer and spear do high damage, and his arm power is at 9.
- add start dash or possibly warrior.
- use wrestlers whose defenses are exceptionally low, especially to crush/impact moves; with zero ukemi to prevent any spirit boost late-match.
- use a ref whose movement and pinfall count speeds are both fast.
- use the mod suite to adjust match pacing.

alternatively:
- accept that you can't really do a TV match in Fire Pro without making adjustments to everyone involved.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Use Carl's squash match set up in mod suite.

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 pm

The fastest Actual Squash i've gotten with an edit designed to squash was around 3m30s game time, 3 count finish.

Take all of the points in maikeru's post, except fix your squash goldberg up to just be straight 10's in the offensive parameters. This minimizes the amount of Fucking Around that can take place, and he'll doubly need it since goldberg is an M size at best and won't benefit from the huge DPS boost going L or G can give an edit. The squash jobber mod is also an immense help for setting things like this up, as people have mentioned.

Of course, the single fastest way to get a proper goldberg squash is to grab a friend and work the match move per move.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:58 pm

Easiest method to make Goldberg squash within a minute:

1) Set his Jackhammer to 100% at low damage.
2) Play vs him with any wrestler.
3) Hold the breathe button when he attempts the Jackhammer so it isn't reversed.
4) Don't kick out of the pin.

You now have a match where Goldberg squashed in a few seconds. No mods necessary, you just need to work the match so it happens.

Spunk
Community Member

Postby Spunk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:06 am

Just get the mod and make jobbers.

I've done so much fucking around in-game and it never gives the desired result 100% of the time. Carl's mod does.
[ http://www.scflfirepro.com | SCFL Pro Wrestling - A Weekly Wrestling Show in Fire Pro World ]
[ http://www.dvewlsh.com | http://www.liverkick.com ]

Cycklops

Postby Cycklops » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:14 am

soak314 wrote:The fastest Actual Squash i've gotten with an edit designed to squash was around 3m30s game time, 3 count finish.

Take all of the points in maikeru's post, except fix your squash goldberg up to just be straight 10's in the offensive parameters. This minimizes the amount of Fucking Around that can take place, and he'll doubly need it since goldberg is an M size at best and won't benefit from the huge DPS boost going L or G can give an edit. The squash jobber mod is also an immense help for setting things like this up, as people have mentioned.

Of course, the single fastest way to get a proper goldberg squash is to grab a friend and work the match move per move.

Good post. 3:30 is a great time. I always like to set my stats to make it as accurate as I can to "real" wrestling results and then let the computer do the matches, since to me it lets me be both booker and a fan who doesn't know who's going to win, but doing fast squashes by controlling the players or booking it is a good option for people who prefer the other way.

Adwhizz

Postby Adwhizz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:39 pm

I usually play as the guy I want to be the jobber in the match, I've had matches end in under a minute if you program the other guy to do a big pinning move early on in the match

Jetlag
Community Member

Postby Jetlag » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Technically Goldberg can squash someone in under a minute if he lands the Spear or Jackhammer right away and gets a CRITCAL.

It would be awesome if the game had a "Quick match" option like VPW2. That was such an awesome feature as it basically made every match unpredictable so it could end at any moment. Perfect for MMA fighting too.