Happy Fire Pro-versary

For general discussion of Fire Pro Wrestling World topics and news.
roobye
Community Member

Happy Fire Pro-versary

Postby roobye » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:41 am

I was sitting in a drive-thru last July 11 when I saw the notice that Fire Pro Wrestling World had become available on Steam. Jumped out of line and went straight home. Never did get my sandwich...apologies to the person working the window that night. :)

Thanks to everybody here and beyond who make this game what it is. It's been a great first year... Looking forward to many more good ones.

Kip1985
Community Member

Re: Happy Fire Pro-versary

Postby Kip1985 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:56 pm

I remember that night vividly. I remember being excited as hell the whole day, playing Returns and trying to figure out which guys to port over. Come release time, noticed that the game had taxes on it and that I couldn't afford it with the Steam card I purchased. Upset :( , but then a small miracle happened: I got the game gifted to me by Senator. It was quite fitting, as his edits were the first I ever got when I purchased Returns all the way back in 2007. His edits will always have a special place in my game.

Thanks to this community for making this game what it is and for everything behind the scenes they do.

Invader3K
Community Member

Postby Invader3K » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:08 pm

I remember practically yelling with excitement when the game came "online" on Steam. Got it right away, and proceeded to start on the Mission Mode. Fun evening.

Old School Oni
Community Member

Postby Old School Oni » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Wow what a first year. And so many improvements from the community. Can't wait to see what secrets are unlocked or content added by year two.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Nice to see that the developers have gotten so much support from the players, and not just from the old Fire Pro fans either. Here's hoping it grows with the PS4 release.

wakigatame
Community Member

Postby wakigatame » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:57 pm

A year ago I went to Walmart in the middle of a tornado warning to get a Steam card because PayPal wouldn't let me pay with my bank account.

I'd do it again.

maikeru
Community Member

Postby maikeru » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Holy crap, has it been a year?!

I remember buying it through the Steam app on break at work, and spending the next 4 hours wishing I could go home already.

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Came home from work one day, ready to hop into Elite Dangerous, and was greeted with firepro on steam's front page. I don't think I've bought anything off an ad as quickly as I did that moment. I didn't come back to playing Elite til about 4 months later, my ship stuck firmly in deep space for all that time.

Old School Oni
Community Member

Postby Old School Oni » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:52 pm

maikeru wrote:Holy crap, has it been a year?!

I remember buying it through the Steam app on break at work, and spending the next 4 hours wishing I could go home already.

That's been me all week. Work has been really slow this week and I've been eager to finish re-doing my parts so I can get back to something fun. I settled for writing all the PartsInfo text files and releasing from here. But it sure would be nice to be home during the slow times or to have a way to work on the actual highlight files here. :D

Fignuts
Community Member

Postby Fignuts » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Its been a great year.

I wasn't planning on getting the ps4 version, but my hard drive fried, and I see I have august 28-31 off, so I guess I'll buy it with a case of mountain dew and just go on an all out WWE edit marathon.

Once I get a new laptop in sept it will be back to the PC version, so I'll be doing it more for the ps4 community and to support spike than for myself.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 pm

I...um...remember buying it...and that's that.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:54 pm

Didn't just buy it for myself but went through my Steam friend's list and bought it for people who probably wouldn't even play it, just wanted to help Spike-Chunsoft with some additional sales numbers.

Spunk
Community Member

Postby Spunk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:40 am

Nth wrote:Didn't just buy it for myself but went through my Steam friend's list and bought it for people who probably wouldn't even play it, just wanted to help Spike-Chunsoft with some additional sales numbers.

Yep. Definitely bought a few copies for friends and old timers.
[ http://www.scflfirepro.com | SCFL Pro Wrestling - A Weekly Wrestling Show in Fire Pro World ]
[ http://www.dvewlsh.com | http://www.liverkick.com ]

Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Postby Professor Voodoo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:18 am

That was a fast year o.o
It's not enough to look like an edit to be an edit. You have to act like them too.

(The best limits are no limits)

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Professor_ ... pid=564230

Yo_Charlie
Community Member

Postby Yo_Charlie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:14 am

I was on Team Xbox so I was never able to play Returns. My entry point to the series was the GBA version. Later I was able to emulate a copy of D but never got into edits or save sharing.

The announcement of World was everything I dreamed of. A good wrestling game? On PC?! With STEAM WORKSHOP?!?!

This year has been a wild ride. Alot of ups and downs but, just when you thought Fire Pro was down for the court, fighting spirit would kick in and surprise us in ways we didn't think we're possible.

Thank you Spike for making this possible. Thanks FPWArena for being the best community out there. Can't wait to see what year 2 holds for us.

Hikari☆Hana
Community Member

Postby Hikari☆Hana » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:33 am

God, I can't believe it's been close to a year since I was first exposed to Wondy. -shudders-

DakkoN
Community Member

Postby DakkoN » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:02 am

Spunk wrote:
Nth wrote:Didn't just buy it for myself but went through my Steam friend's list and bought it for people who probably wouldn't even play it, just wanted to help Spike-Chunsoft with some additional sales numbers.

Yep. Definitely bought a few copies for friends and old timers.

Hope ya'll are still in the gifting mood when the NJPW content comes around. :oooiknow:
PSN: UK2K_Ch33k0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/Ch33k0
Steam: ch33k0

DM_PSX
Community Member

Postby DM_PSX » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Got my steam card after work, came home and bought it, then went out and got my game pad for it while it downloaded. :D

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:27 pm

wakigatame wrote:A year ago I went to Walmart in the middle of a tornado warning to get a Steam card because PayPal wouldn't let me pay with my bank account.

I'd do it again.

Now that's dedication. And if that were my option...I'd take it too.

Hikari☆Hana wrote:God, I can't believe it's been close to a year since I was first exposed to Wondy. -shudders-

Or was it since Wondy first exposed himself to you? :nuderdance: :nuderdance: :nuderdance:

Kip1985 wrote:I remember that night vividly. I remember being excited as hell the whole day, playing Returns and trying to figure out which guys to port over. Come release time, noticed that the game had taxes on it and that I couldn't afford it with the Steam card I purchased. Upset :( , but then a small miracle happened: I got the game gifted to me by Senator. It was quite fitting, as his edits were the first I ever got when I purchased Returns all the way back in 2007. His edits will always have a special place in my game.

Thanks to this community for making this game what it is and for everything behind the scenes they do.

Glad you were able to get maximum enjoyment out of it:) I know that your post certainly put a smile on my face.

---

A whole year, sheesh. Doesn't feel like it, does it? I first found out Fire Pro was coming back on one of my usual wrestling boards I frequent, and I had been gone from the community for quite some time, having burnt out on wrestling in general and having taken a hiatus from Returns. I came back here, and couldn't have gotten a warmer welcome back when I did. Seeing other fellow prodigals make their return and some great newcomers make their way in was invigorating. Early Access was an adventure, watching the game grow further and further beyond the base of Returns, getting new moves and helping correct some of the problems was all enjoyable. And now, I feel like the community is in pretty good shape, the game keeps looking better, and we have some great things to look forward to coming up. Not so bad for the first year out.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:38 pm

It's gone so quick this last year, this forum has thrived since World was released on Steam. So many new and creative members have joined making this forum a pleasure to read.

There are also the mods that has enabled players to do more with the game than I ever thought possible.

This game has made so many people use their creativity in such a fun and ingenious way, long may it continue!

I can't wait to finally join all the PC players when the PS4 version arrives on August 31st(I've taken the whole week off work as well).