Warrior Pro Wrestling: Call To Arms August 3rd @3:30PM PST

For Fire Pro Wrestling World-based E-Feds.
LankyLefty17
Community Member

Warrior Pro Wrestling: Call To Arms August 3rd @3:30PM PST

Postby LankyLefty17 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Welcome to Warrior Pro Wrestling!

Spoiler: show
This is my first attempt at an official eFed (I’ve run offline ones in the past), and my first using Fire Pro, which until recently I only used for real life edit simming- so this should be fun…for me, jury is still out on whether you guys enjoy it :D

Brief History:
About 2 years ago, World Federation of Wrestling (WFoW) closed its doors after longtime owner, Mack Vincent, passed away. In the wake of its closure, the companies most popular star and legend from the promotions heyday in the mid 80’s, Tank McDaniel, started gathering investors to start up his own wrestling promotion. The result- Warrior Pro Wrestling. Warrior Pro (WPW) aims to be an American style promotion that over time will incorporate a variety of styles and match types from all over the world. Tank’s wrestling career took him around the world, winning championships in both the states (WFoW) and Japan (Dragon Fire Wrestling). His hope is to make WPW a global wrestling organization.

Warrior Pro Wrestling’s home is Pioneer Hall (aka “The Den”) in San Jose, California.

To learn more about Warrior Pro Wrestling’s roster, and track potential new members, you can find bio’s and pictures here:
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2504
Last edited by LankyLefty17 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 13 times in total.

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Call To Arms Press Conference POSTED

Postby LankyLefty17 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 pm

EVENT SCHEDULE:

Past Show:
Golden Gate Tournament Standings and Schedule:
Friday June 22nd:
Block A:
John Logan (Winner) vs Vic Baron
Jimmy Hawkins vs Kevin Hunter (Winner)
Block B:
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Brick (Winner)
Doc Wyatt vs Roy Carter (Draw)

Friday June 29th
Block A
John Logan (Winner) vs Jimmy Hawkins
Vic Baron vs Kevin Hunter (Winner)
Block B
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Doc Wyatt (Winner)
Brick vs Roy Carter (Winner)

Friday July 6th
Block A
John Logan (Winner) vs Kevin Hunter
Vic Baron (Winner) vs Jimmy Hawkins
Block B
Machine Gun Mayhem (Winner) vs Roy Carter
Brick vs Doc Wyatt (Draw)

Current Show
Warrior Pro House Show July 20th:
"Flyin" Jimmy Hawkins vs Young Gun Simmons
"Perfection" Jack Gold vs Kevin Hunter
The Barons (Austin & Vic) vs Brick & John Logan

Upcoming Show
Call to Arms Card August 3rd:
30 min time limit
Tank vs Young Gun Castillo

30 min time limit
“Perfection” Jack Gold vs “Flyin” Jimmy Hawkins

60 min time limit
Kevin Hunter/Brick vs Vic Baron/Austin Baron

TBD vs TBD

World Heavyweight Championship (Tank McDaniel Special Referee) 60 min time limit
John Logan vs “Gentleman” Doc Wyatt
Last edited by LankyLefty17 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: A New Promotion Opens Its Doors!

Postby LankyLefty17 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Reserved for Title History

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: A New Promotion Opens Its Doors!

Postby LankyLefty17 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Q&A with Warrior Pro Owner Tank McDaniel

Welcome everyone, to the first official press conference of Warrior Pro Wrestling. Tank will give an opening statement and then will be taking questions…

Tank: Thanks everyone for joining, I couldn’t be more excited for the launch of this promotion. As my career was winding down, one of my dreams has always been to start my own promotion- a dream that is realized today. We’re going to start off small, we’ll probably have some hiccups along the way, but our goal is going to always be to have the most entertaining matches possible.

Reporter: What style of promotion will this be?

Tank: I don’t want to restrict WPW to a single style, though our initial roster definitely leans towards a more “American” style. But our goal is to continue to sign diverse talent, and give fans a wide variety of matches.

Reporter: How often will you be running shows?

Tank: Currently the plan is once a month shows. We will also be doing some smaller adhoc house shows, up to 2 a month, to showcase younger talent and allow for our wrestlers to promote upcoming matches for the monthly shows. Our main shows will typically be held at the end of the month, though that won’t be a hard and fast rule.

Reporter: Will your shows be live (streaming)?

Tank: Not at this time. Though I’ve seen the success other promotions have streaming their shows live, at this time it isn’t something we are looking to do. All matches will be pre-taped and posted. It could be something we look to do in the future however.

Reporter: What type of championships will you have?

Tank: As of right now, given the size of our roster, we are planning to have a heavyweight championship and a tag team championship. Our tag team division is still being built out, but the heavyweight championship will be the main event of our first show.

Reporter: Will your wrestlers be exclusive to Warrior Pro?

Tank: No, I think being able to showcase talent in other promotions helps build interest in this promotion. We will be restricting talent from other shows until after our first show. After that, our talent will be free to book as long as they have received permission from Warrior Pro Wrestling first.

Reporter: Will you be booking outside talent on your shows?

Tank: I am open to including outside talent, though it typically will have to be with a specific match/purpose in mind.

Reporter: Can you speak more on your first show? When will it be?

Tank: We are still finalizing the date for our first show. Part of the reason for this is we will be doing a tournament to determine the two contenders for our inaugural championship match. There will be an official press release soon with details, including participants and dates.

Thank you everyone, this concludes our press conference.
Last edited by LankyLefty17 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Announced!

Postby LankyLefty17 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:27 pm

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM WARRIOR PRO WRESTLING:
Warrior Pro Wrestling (WPW) is excited to make two official announcements regarding upcoming events and shows:

WPW will be kicking off its first event next week with the first annual “Golden Gate” Tournament FRIDAY JUNE 22nd. This league style tournament will determine the two contenders that will face off to become the inaugural Warrior Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Champion!
The tournament will be a weekly event, with matches taking place on Friday and full matches plus recaps being posted that night.

The official brackets and schedule (this can also be viewed in the “Current Show” section at the top):
Friday June 22nd:
Block A:
John Logan vs Vic Baron
Jimmy Hawkins vs Kevin Hunter
Block B:
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Brick
Doc Wyatt vs Roy Carter

Friday June 29th
Block A
John Logan vs Jimmy Hawkins
Vic Baron vs Kevin Hunter
Block B
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Doc Wyatt
Brick vs Roy Carter

Friday July 6th
Block A
John Logan vs Kevin Hunter
Vic Baron vs Jimmy Hawkins
Block B
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Roy Carter
Brick vs Doc Wyatt

In addition, the debut event of Warrior Pro, “Call to Arms” will be held at the end of July (specific date TBD), which is expected to feature a packed card. As a special treat, owner and founder of Warrior Pro Wrestling, Tank McDaniel, has promised he will appear in a match to kick off the show! Stay tuned for other match announcements as we get closer.

Current Confirmed Call to Arms card (can also be viewed on the "Current Show" section up top):
Tank McDaniel vs TBD
Winner of A Block vs Winner of B Block (Heavyweight Championship)
Last edited by LankyLefty17 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Warrior Pro. Golden Gate Tournament....I'm guessing LeBron wants no part of this.

Looks like good fun for the rest of us though:)

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Postby LankyLefty17 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:00 pm

senator wrote:I'm guessing LeBron wants no part of this.

:lol: I would assume not...

joshthejerseyboy
Community Member

Postby joshthejerseyboy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:33 pm

I'm gonna try and watch brother. Best of luck to you

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Officiall Press Conference Posted. First Round THIS FRIDAY June 22nd!

Postby LankyLefty17 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:21 pm

OFFICIAL GOLDEN GATE TOURNAMENT PRESS CONFERENCE:

MC: Hello everyone, and thank you for joining us for the official press conference for the 2018 Golden Gate Tournament brought to you by Warrior Pro Wrestling. Our first round of the tournament begins this FRIDAY, JUNE 22nd. Seated in the middle of the table is the Owner and Founder of Warrior Pro, Tank McDaniel. On his right is Vic “The Technician” Baron and John Logan. To his left, “Gentleman” Doc Wyatt and Brick… uh…

Brick:
Yeah juss Brick.

Nervous laughs

MC: Right…just Brick. My apologies. Um- Tank will make some opening remarks and then we will open it up for questions.
Tank: Thanks. Welcome everyone. This promotion is a long time coming for me. As I said last week, this has always been a goal of mine, and I couldn’t be more excited to kick off the grand opening with a tournament that showcases the talented wrestlers we’ve compiled in a short amount of time. Everyone here at Warrior Pro is excited to show the world who we are, and why you should be paying attention.

Reporter:
Tank, who do you expect to come out of this tournament with the title shot?

Tank:
(chuckles) Putting me on the spot here next to all these guys. I don’t think there’s anyone in the tournament that I don’t think has a legit shot to win- that’s what makes it so entertaining.

Reporter: John- you’ve probably got more worldwide experience than anyone else, what do you need to do to get out of your bracket

Logan: Win my matches

Laughs

Logan: Honestly I think I’m the best wrestler in the world. There are definitely some tough guys in this tournament, especially the guy sitting next to me (points to Vic). But if I do the things I need to do, there’s no reason I shouldn’t be in the championship match at Call to Arms.

Baron: I’m really going to be doing everything possible to make sure that doesn’t happen. (puts his arm around Logan as they both laugh)

Wyatt:
(audibly moans into the mic)

Reporter: Doc, some would argue you’re in the tougher block. What needs to go your way for you to end up on top?

Wyatt: Sure seems like the tougher block eh? These two are going to bro hug for 20 minutes while I have to maneuver around guys like Machine Gun Mayhem and Cement Brains over here (points a thumb at Brick)

Brick: (takes a giant hand and grabs Wyatt’s collar, slamming him into the table) Just Brick’ll do little man.

Wyatt:
Ah! Yeah! Brick! (Brick lets go, Wyatt straightens his shirt). Jesus Tank, reign in your employees.

Reporter: Tank- what about Machine Gun? He’s had trouble with other promotions in the past, how are you planning on dealing with him?

Tank: MGM is a talented, if not…er… eccentric wrestler. We think he brings an edge to our roster, we’ll worry about dealing with any issues as they come up.

Wyatt:
(sarcastic) That’s encouraging.

Logan:
Pussy

Wyatt: (stands up pointing) Shut your mouth. You think you already own this place because of your “reputation”. Well I have a reputation too, and if this company has half a mind, I’ll end up the face of it. I’ll put my credentials against yours any day of the week. And I also don’t look like some homeless bum trying to hitch a ride to burning man.

Logan:
(stands up) Yeah, you think you can beat me because you wrestle in a fucking suit? Win your bracket and we’ll talk

Baron:
It doesn’t matter, you ain’t getting out of your bracket. Worry about Friday.

Tank: Ok ok enough.

(Wyatt and Logan sit back down still eyeing each other, Logan shifts an eye towards Baron)

Reporter: Vic- what makes you so confident you can get out of the A block

Baron: John and I go way back, and he’s a great wrestler, but nobody can out work me. I’ve trained hard for this, and I think it’s my time to take the next step and become champion. This is my first step.

MC: One more question.

Reporter: Brick- anyone in your bracket that you think could be a tough match-up for you?

Brick:
Nope. (gets up and walks out)

MC:
Well uh, ok. This concludes our press conference, remember the first round is this Friday, June 22nd! Thank you to everyone for joining.

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Official Press Conference Posted. First Round THIS FRIDAY June 22nd

Postby LankyLefty17 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:35 pm

A video was posted by Machine Gun Mahyem…

The video is grainy, with only the outline of a man standing in front of a camera…

"Darkness. I prefer the darkness. I prefer its cold, uniform present. It soothes me, calms me. People speak of darkness as a threat, or a fear, but light- LIGHT is what should be feared. Light is chaotic. Ever changing. Unhinged and unpredictable- it swallows everything in its reach. Fortunately for you, I am a hero. I want to bring people out of the light, into the darkness- to remove the chaos and install the comforting uniformity that deep down inside you all wish for.

I’m told we have a tournament to determine a championship. I am uninterested in this, but at the same time obsessed with the obsession over it. These are the obsessions that happen in the light, and leave chaos in its wake. Chaos that leads to insanity. The only way to combat this chaos, and prevent the obsessive insanity is WITH chaos. So Friday, I will BECOME the chaos. The insanity. The DARKNESS…"

Video abruptly cuts…

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Official Press Conference Posted. First Round THIS FRIDAY June 22nd

Postby LankyLefty17 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:34 pm

The stage is set for the first round of the “Golden Gate” Tournament, the first official Warrior Pro Wrestling event! The card for the first day is set for this Friday, June 22nd:

Block A:
John Logan vs Vic “The Technician” Baron
The two A block favorites lock up to kick off the tournament and act as the first official match of Warrior Pro- and it should not disappoint. The winner will have the inside track to the championship bid, the loser may have an uphill battle the rest of the way.
“Flyin” Jimmy Hawkins vs Kevin Hunter
Two promising youngsters face off both trying to make an early name for themselves. Look for a lot of fast and hard hitting action right from the jump.

Block B:
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Brick
This should be a slug fest, and may come down to whether or not MGM’s hard hitting offense can keep the giant off his feet long enough to get a pin.
“Gentleman” Doc Wyatt vs Roy Carter
Two submission artists will round out the first round. While this might seem like “Gentleman” Doc would be the heavy favorite against the young upstart, this also has the most potential for an early round upset.

What is at stake? A shot at the Warrior Pro Heavyweight Championship at Call to Arms. Who will seize the day? Who will wilt under the pressure? Check back here on Friday to find out!

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Round One Results POSTED!

Postby LankyLefty17 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Day One of the Golden Gate Tournament is in the books. The participants held nothing back, and there were some fantastic matches. Matches, recaps, and results are below. An updated tournament standings has been posted on the “Current Show” section at the top of the thread.

Results with recaps (some RP embedded in the recaps):

John Logan vs Vic “The Technician” Baron: https://youtu.be/bPvEV15J7PQ

A heck of a kickoff match for the tournament, with the two A Block favorites squaring off. The match started off slowly as both sides felt each other out. The pace quickened when Logan hit back to back “Sky High” powerbombs, both ending in kick outs just before the three count. Baron seemed to recover and push his own offense, even latching on his patent “Crossface Killa” before Logan wiggled his way out. The match looked over when Logan hit a “Cannonball” from the top rope, but Baron again kicked out. Finally- Logan was able to hit a third “Sky High” for the pin.
Winner: John Logan

“Flyin” Jimmy Hawkins vs Kevin Hunter: https://youtu.be/ZJH-ID6a48U

This one started off with a bang right from the opening bell, with two of Warrior Pro’s most promising youngsters trying to make a name in their first match. In a classic speed vs power dynamic, “Flyin” Jimmy started the match running circles around the big man. That is, until Hunter got his hands on him. Then it became a running display of suplex after suplex, as Hunter repeatedly threw Hawkins out of the ring. Eventually, Jimmy couldn’t get back into the ring and the match was called on a count out.
Winner: Kevin Hunter

Brick vs Machine Gun Mayhem: https://youtu.be/QOuLYXbCuVY

This was less of a match, and more of a fight. For the most part, both participants seemed more interested in beating the crap out of each other than actually winning the match. MGM looked like he wanted to follow up his bizarre video with a full on beat down, while Brick seemed unwilling to play the victim. There was brawling outside, there was repeated low blows that the ref seemed to miss, MGM brought baseball bats (with barbed wire no less). This match seemed destined to end in a draw until, with less than 2 min left, Brick countered a top rope suplex, hit his “Brick Wall” chokeslam and earned the victory.
Winner: Brick

“Gentleman” Doc Wyatt vs Roy Carter: https://youtu.be/XyL4K9of9RA

Roy Carter was not going to be overlooked. After Doc Wyatt shouted right before the bell that this should be a “good training experience,” Carter came out guns blazing. An early “Game Over” piledriver worked as a wakeup call to Doc that this wasn’t going to be the walk in the park he assumed. Late in the match both wrestlers kicked out of finishers, and Wyatt pulled out all the stops with a “Black Gold” cutter, followed by a brass knuckles punch the ref missed, followed by a figure 4 leglock. Roy Carter survived them all, and if not for a timely rope break, may have been able to steal a victory with a last second arm bar. While a draw is not what either man was looking for, it alert the rest of B block that there is a potential upset brewing…
Winner: 30 minute DRAW

After the show, reporters were able to catch up with a few of the wrestlers…

John Logan:
“This was just one match. Vic is an awesome wrestler so this win feels real good, but my focus is on getting into that championship bout at Call to Arms. The only thing on my mind is that belt. Its championship or bust.”

Kevin Hunter:
“This should put everyone on notice. Kevin Hunter is here man. He’s here to fucking suplex bitches into the ground, so stay out of my way or you gonna get hurt.”

Roy Carter:
Walks past reporters without saying a word.

Doc Wyatt:
“Obviously Roy Carter is a cheater, and the officiating was an incompetent joke. This backwoods company needs to get its act together, because there was no reason I shouldn’t have won that fight. I’m above everyone on this pathetic roster, and by the end of this tournament everyone will know my name.”

Machine Gun Mayhem:
Machine Gun was seen tearing apart the locker room after his match, which included giving a chair shot to one of the Young Guns while laughing and singing “Satisfaction.” He was gone by the time security showed up.

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Round Two THIS FRIDAY June 29th!

Postby LankyLefty17 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:38 pm

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM WARRIOR PRO WRESTLING:
Warrior Pro Wrestling (WPW) is excited to announce Warrior Training Grounds, the official wrestling school of Warrior Pro. This gym will allow signed wrestlers a place to train and hone their craft, for our Young Gun’s rookies to learn and gain extra experience, as well as work as a tryout center for potential new athletes. The location of the gym will be right next to Pioneer Hall and is expected to officially open its doors in August.

To head up this new venture, WPW has signed WFoW legend Austin Baron. Austin is a two time WFoW heavyweight champion and former tag team partner (and 1x tag team champion) of owner Tank McDaniel. Austin, father to current Warrior Pro wrestler Vic Baron, brings a wealth of training experience, running the Baron family wrestling school for 12 years now.

On top of his role as head trainer, Baron will also be an active wrestler for the company, and has signed on to appear at Call to Arms. More details on his match to be announced at a later date.

Also- don’t forget to tune in this Friday for Round 2 of the Golden Gate Tournament! Current standings are on the second post under "Current Show"

A couple of wrestlers were on hand for the Training Grounds announcement/presser and were asked about their Round 2 match-up in the Golden Gate Tournament:

"Gentleman" Doc Wyatt
“Machine Gun Mayhem is a nut job, and doesn’t belong in this tournament. He doesn’t belong in this company. He is dangerous, unpredictable, and I don’t see why I have to demean myself and risk injury by fighting that walking time bomb. But I will, because that’s the honorable thing to do. Machine Gun is a roadblock, an obstacle to the real destination- Tank McDaniel handing me my belt.”

Vic Baron
“One loss doesn’t mean I’m buried. It just means I have to go out there and handle business this week. Kevin Hunter looked impressive, but I’m not some hotshot high flyer. I’m the best technical wrestler on the planet, and Kevin Hunter needs to worry about getting his head yanked off his shoulders.”
Last edited by LankyLefty17 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Round Two THIS FRIDAY June 29th!

Postby LankyLefty17 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:56 pm

A couple of Warrior Pro wrestlers were present at an autograph session today and gave thoughts on their upcoming match this week:

Kevin Hunter
“Who is Vic Baron? He’s nothin. I’m suppose to be scared of Vic Baron because his daddy is some big shot from way back when? This Friday Kevin Hunter is gonna suplex Vic Baron until he’s folded in half. Then he’s gonna powerbomb him through the ring. And if daddy wants a piece, Kevin Hunter will suplex his old ass too, makes no difference to me.”

"Flyin" Jimmy Hawkins
"Kevin Hunter is a big man, he hits hard, and he throws you around even harder. But the dude didn’t pin me. I didn’t get back into the ring in time yes, but he didn’t get me on my back for the 3 count. I know all the talk about how this is John Logan’s tournament to win. But man, what if he doesn’t? What if he can’t catch me? What if that Shy High, and that Logans Run doesn’t work? What if he ends up on his back, looking up, as I’m crashing down on him from the top rope? Wouldn’t that be something worth seeing?”

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Postby LankyLefty17 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Another video was posted by Machine Gun Mayhem...

The video is again dark and grainy, you can make out MGM's silhouette in front of the camera…

“I caaant geeet nooo, saaatisfaaaaction. I caaant geeet noooooo, saaaatisfaaaction. But I’ll try. And I’ll keep trying, even though nobody is listening. No one will listen. It’s the light, the light corrupts the mind and soul. Tank McDaniel isn’t listening. Doc Wyatt isn’t listening.

Doc Wyatt. Poor Doc Wyatt. Only cares about a shiny belt, a belt that is ruled by the chaotic light. He’s deaf to my words. Luckily I don’t have to use words to still reach him. I can BEAT the darkness into him. This Friday- I’m going to reach into his corrupted soul, and bathe it in my darkness. I’m going to show Doc Wyatt- and the world, why my role is not one of villainy, but of SAVIOR."

Video abruptly cuts…

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Postby LankyLefty17 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:47 pm

The first round is in the books, the second round gets started tomorrow, Friday, June 29th. Will we continue to see impressive showings from the young upstarts? Who will rebound from their first round loss? And what is going on with Machine Gun Mayhem? Questions will get answered inside the ring. The card for tomorrow is:

Block A
John Logan vs “Flyin” Jimmy Hawkins
Flying Jimmy will have an uphill battle as he faces off against A block favorite John Logan. Will we see another upset or will Logan continue to cement his claim at Call To Arms?

Vic “The Technician” Baron vs Kevin Hunter
Kevin Hunter looked really impressive in his Warrior Pro debut, but can he do it again against the established veteran? Vic Baron will look to rebound after a tough loss last week, and get back on track to salvage his chances at claiming the A block spot.

Block B
Machine Gun Mayhem vs “Gentleman” Doc Wyatt
This week saw a war of words between these two, and with neither claiming victory last week, this will be a big matchup. MGM seems to be playing by his own set of rules, which could work in Wyatt’s favor, or create a dangerous situation.

Brick vs Roy Carter
Roy Carter had a hellova match in week one, but victory eluded him. Now he has to take on the mountain that is Brick who, as the only B block participant with a win, suddenly finds himself with the inside track to claiming the championship bid.

Check back here on Friday to find out the results!

Current Standings:

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Round Two Results POSTED

Postby LankyLefty17 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:26 pm

Round 2 of the Golden Gate Tournament is now complete. It was another week of exciting matches, including Logan vs Hawkins becoming a candidate for the match of the tournament. An updated tournament standings has been posted on the “Current Show” section at the top of the thread.

John Logan vs “Flyin” Jimmy Hawkins: https://youtu.be/ekpZjiWQlGk
In what may be one of the best matches of this infant promotion, Hawkins and Logan put on an 18 minute show. The action started off slow, and it looked like Logan was going to force Hawkins to fight his style. But then, BOOM- Flyin Jimmy took off, hitting constant offense that staggered Logan, and the two proceeded to throw everything at each other, exchanging finishers and near falls back and forth before finally Logan put it away with a Logans Run.

Vic “The Technician” Baron vs Kevin Hunter: https://youtu.be/vezZHMQo0do
(Editors note: I was a dumb dumb and didnt get an image for this match, but it went 14 minutes- 72% rating)

Oh boy. For the second consecutive week, Kevin Hunter put on a shockingly one sided match. But instead of it being a fellow youngster on the rise, this time it was against an established veteran. It was jarring watching Hunter rag doll Vic Baron all over the ring (and occasionally outside it). The multiple german suplexes on the outside was the beginning of the end for Baron, and despite kicking out of one Lights out, he couldn’t avoid the second one. The result sets up an exciting block finals match between Hunter and John Logan, and calls into doubt what is next for Vic Baron…
Winner: Kevin Hunter

Machine Gun Mayhem vs “Gentleman” Doc Wyatt: https://youtu.be/dlulgvXd7iE
Following a week of verbal sparring from both men, the match proved to be hard hitting. MDM seemed hellbent on inflicting pain, aggressively going after Wyatt with little concern for things like pin covers, instead opting for more illegal maneuvers such as low blows and weapons. The aggressive offense staggering The Gentleman, but MGM’s indifference to ending the match led to an opening, and he walked right into a Superman punch that ended the match right before the time limit for the 2nd week in a row.
Winner: Doc Wyatt

After the match Doc Wyatt continued the assault as MGM could be heard over the crowd cheering him on to continue until a bewildered Wyatt just stopped and walked out of the ring as MGM stayed on the mat laughing hysterically…

Brick vs Roy Carter: https://youtu.be/i0iiJb1SlVY
Roy Carter is legit. A week after going the distance with Doc Wyatt, Carter came out and chopped down a giant. Brick had all the early offense at the start, and at one point it looked like this might be a quick second win for the mountainous veteran. But Roy kept plugging away, waited for the big man to tire, then went to work, chipping away and repeatedly going after the arm before Brick had no option but to tap.
Winner: Roy Carter

After the show, reporters caught up with a few of the wrestlers:

John Logan
“This is what it’s all about, putting on a show for the fans, leaving it all out there. Jimmy is going to be a great wrestler someday- but this is my time now. Next week, I’m doing the same thing to Kevin Hunter. If he thinks he’s taking this opportunity away from me, he’s not paying attention.”

Kevin Hunter
“Everybody keeps saying, Kevin Hunter gonna be a champ someday. Someday? Nah. Now. Kevin Hunter’s time is now. Jimmy Hawkins? Done. Vic Baron? Done. Who’s John Logan? He ain’t shit. Next week we find out who’s time it is for real.”

Roy Carter
Ignores reporters and keeps walking. Stops, turns around and walks back.

“I’m breaking Machine Gun’s arm next week.”

Roy turns back around and walks off.

Doc Wyatt
“Did you see that? What is wrong with that guy?? He had no intention of having a ‘wrestling’ match. He was just out to hurt people. And where the hell was the referee for most of that match? What is going on around here?? This match was further proof that this company needs me. It needs my leadership and example setting. When- not if, when- I become heavyweight champion, and the face of this promotion, you better believe that there will be changes. Tank McDaniel is in over his head. For fucks sake that lunatic was swinging light tubes!”

Vic Baron
Reports came in that Vic’s ribs were being looked at by Warrior Pro doctors. No one had an official comment at this time

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Round Two Results POSTED

Postby LankyLefty17 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:17 pm

This Friday marks the final round of the inaugural Golden Gate Tournament, the promotion’s kickoff event leading to the first major show: Call To Arms. Heading into Friday the grand prize, a shot to become the first Warrior Pro Heavyweight Champion, is still very much up for grabs:

In the A block- A match between two undefeated wrestlers, Kevin Hunter and John Logan, will determine the A block winner.
In the B block- Doc Wyatt can punch his ticket with a victory. A loss gets complicated. If Wyatt loses, and Roy Carter wins- Carter wins the bracket. If both Wyatt and Carter lose, Brick wins the bracket.

Also, an update on Vic Baron’s health: X-rays came back negative on Vic Baron’s injured back, and the veteran has been cleared for his match this week against Jimmy Hawkins.

Up on WPW.com, a few wrestlers posted promo’s for their final tournament match:

John Logan
I’ve been saying this from the beginning. I am the best wrestler in this company, and I’ll fight anyone, anytime to prove it. Kevin Hunter has looked fantastic. Dominant. But facing me is a whole nother ballgame. All want is that championship belt. Kevin Hunter is not the person to take that away from me. Kevin Hunter is an athlete, sure. I’m a wrestler. THE BEST WRESTLER. Come Friday, he’s going to figure out what everyone else already knows.

Kevin Hunter
It ain’t about what you did before. It aint about a reputation, or what you think you know about someone you’ve never faced. John Logan thinks Kevin Hunter is some punk kid he can step over to get his title? Nah man, it don’t work like that. It won’t work like that. Kevin Hunter doesn’t care if you Jesus Christ. Because Kevin Hunter will suplex Jesus Christ through the ring, pick him up, then powerbomb him right back through it. Ask Jimmy Hawkins about Kevin Hunter. Ask Vic Baron how his back feels. Hope you got proper medical John Logan, cause they wheeling you out of the ring on Friday.

Brick
Doc Wyatt talks too much. I don’t. I hit too much. We see Friday if his mouth can beat my fist. I reckon it wont. (walks off camera)

Check back here THIS FRIDAY for full matches and recaps of the final round!

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Final Round THIS FRIDAY JULY 6th

Postby LankyLefty17 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Couple of promo’s to kick off your 4th of July activities…

Doc Wyatt submitted a video on WPW.com:
An American Flag acts as a backdrop, Doc Wyatt walks in frame with his hand over his heart.
“Today. Today marks the day of our great nation’s independence. A day that allows every American to sit back and enjoy the freedom’s that our forefathers granted us. A historic achievement that will live on for generations, and a day of perpetual celebration.”
“Friday. Friday will mark a new day for Warrior Pro Wrestling. It will mark the day that Doc Wyatt, the face of this company- is granted the title shot he should have been given the day he signed his contract. Friday marks a day where The Gentleman liberates you fans from the evil clutches of boring and inadequate wrestlers like Roy Carter and Brick. This will be a joyous day. Friday will be OUR Independence Day.”

Roy Carter was seen yesterday exiting the Warrior Grounds Gym and was asked about his upcoming match with Machine Gun Mayhem:
“Yeah I said I’m gonna break his arm. I am going to break his arm. Machine Gun is a loon, and he’s too worried about making spooky nonsense videos instead of actually winning his matches. So let him make a spooky video. Let him clown around in the ring. I’m gonna drop him on his head then break his arm. I win, and he can go back to… whatever it is he does…”

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Final Round THIS FRIDAY JULY 6th

Postby LankyLefty17 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Machine Gun Mayhem responds...
The video is dark, but there is a spotlight overhead. Machine Gun walks into the light, the camera then zooming close to him

“Roy Carter. ROY CARTER!!!! You, Roy, cannot hear me. Not while I sit back in the darkness. So I’m stepping into the light, I’m stepping into the chaos. You think I don’t care about winning? You think this is a game? Friday. Friday you will find out who is playing a game, and who is playing for keeps. You WILL HEAR ME. I will use your broken body as the platform to tell the rest of the world who I am, and why they need me to save them. Fear not Roy, on Friday, I will save you. I will save everyone…”

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Postby LankyLefty17 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:35 pm

The final round of the Golden Gate tournament is upon us, and championship opportunities are very much still up for grabs. In the A block, the winner of Logan vs Hunter will crown an undefeated winner. In the B block, Doc Wyatt, Roy Carter, and Brick all still have a chance to lay claim. Will Roy Carter follow through on his promise and make Machine Gun tap? Can Doc Wyatt take down a giant, or will Brick smash his way to victory? There’s only one way to find out. The final round card for tomorrow:

Block A
This is winner take all, the established veteran vs the powerful upstart.

Vic "The Technician" Baron vs "Flyin" Jimmy Hawkins
This one is only for pride, but neither man wants to look at a goose egg in the win column. Hawkins nearly upset John Logan, can he finish Vic Baron? And how will Vic’s injured back effect his ability to compete?

Block B
This seems to be getting personal. Hard to see MGM going winless in the tournament, but Roy Carter seems more than up for the challenge. This will be a war.

Brick vs Doc Wyatt
Doc Wyatt cannot stop running his mouth, is Brick the one to finally shut it up? Can the big man shake off his lose and claim the B block?

Check back here on Friday for full matches, recaps, and post show promos!

Current Standings:

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Final Round Full Matches and Recaps POSTED

Postby LankyLefty17 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:09 pm

The final round of the Golden Gate Tournament is now complete, and it did not disappoint. The boys saved their best for last, with three of the four matches having implications for the title match, and the fourth shining as one of the best matches of the tournament. Final tournament standings have been posted on the “Current Show” section at the top of the thread.

Vic “The Technician” Baron vs “Flyin” Jimmy Hawkins
Full Match: https://youtu.be/kEA23YuaMCg
Recap:
This one was just for pride, with both men already eliminated from contention. That did not however prevent both men from putting on a show. Flyin Jimmy came out like a cannon, hitting moves all over the place- including an awesome dive to the outside. Baron looked like the after effects of an injured back would do him in, but he powered through the pain, waited for an opening and was able to roll up Hawkins to avoid a clean sweep of losses.
Winner: Vic Baron

“Gentleman” Doc Wyatt vs Brick
Full Match: https://youtu.be/uaHE1_x1xJs
Recap:
In one of the more puzzling matches of the whole tournament, Doc Wyatt and Brick battled to a surprising draw, after both men battled outside and failed to get back to the ring by the count of 10. The match seemed to be favoring Wyatt up to that point, with “The Gentleman” using his quickness to tire down the big man. The ramifications of the draw are huge, as now a Roy Carter win secures the bracket.
Winner: Draw

Full Match: https://youtu.be/EEDWs8BiE_k
Recap:
Roy Carter did everything possible to win the match and secure his championship opportunity, but MGM just…kept…on…coming. Nothing kept him down, not the repeated punches to the head, not the Game Over piledriver- nothing. In frustration Carter at one point went for arm bar after arm bar with no luck. In the end, it was Carter who would submit after a mistake left him open for the “Deaths Door.” The loss cements Doc Wyatt as the B block winner.
Winner: Machine Gun Mayhem

Post Match:
After the match, MGM proceeded to viciously lay out Carter, delivering repeated chair shots- before pulling out his signature baseball bat and breaking it over Carters back, screaming “Viva la Revolution!” and exiting the ring. Carter was carted out by the medical staff.

Full Match: https://youtu.be/jqU68KQXvbA
Recap:
A fast paced match from the get go, Hunter was looking to do what he has all tournament- finish the match early. But John Logan is a different beast, and he took the initial punch, then fought back with a flurry of his own. While the two looked even early on, Hunter eventually became visibly tired and less aggressive. An entertaining exchange of near falls used up the last of Hunters energy, which Logan capitalized with a super dropkick for the win and title opportunity.

After the show, Tank McDaniel addressed the ending of the MGM vs Roy Carter match:
“The actions of Machine Gun Mayhem will be reviewed and we will comment at a future date.”

Also, reporters caught up with a few of the wrestlers:
John Logan
“The fact of the matter is I’m the best wrestler in this company- the best wrestler in the world. I proved it tonight, in this tournament, and at Call to Arms- I’m going to prove it to Doc Wyatt.”

Kevin Hunter
“Hats off to John Logan, that was a hellova match. But we ain’t done yet. I’m gonna beat whoever they put in front of me at Call to Arms… and I’m going to keep beating every single one of these bitches until Kevin Hunter is gets his title shot. If there’s any justice, John will be there waiting, and we can do this again proper.”

Roy Carter
Roy Carter was not in the locker room when reporters were allowed in, and no status was given on his condition outside that he was taken to a local hospital.

Doc Wyatt
“This. This is justice. The correct man won tonight- I won tonight. By earning my title shot I’m one step away from bringing prestige to this rinky dink company. John Logan has no idea what he’s in for, but I can tell by looking at him that he will make a wonderful looking runner up.”

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Call To Arms Press Conference TOMORROW July 9th

Postby LankyLefty17 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:04 pm

PRESS RELEASE:

The inaugural Golden Gate Tournament is officially behind us, and the two winners, John Logan and “Gentleman” Doc Wyatt will now battle to decide the first Warrior Pro Wrestling Champion at Call To Arms, August 3rd LIVE ON TWITCH. Yes that’s right, Warrior Pro’s first big PPV will be streamed live!

In addition, Warrior Pro will be running a house show event on July 20th, and will feature the debut of “Perfection” Jack Gold, as well as an all-star tag team main event. The show will be taped, with all matches and recaps posted here. The card for that event will be:

“Flyin” Jimmy Hawkins vs Young Gun Simmons
“Perfection” Jack Gold vs Kevin Hunter
The Barons (Austin & Vic) vs Brick & John Logan

The official Call To Arms press conference will be held tomorrow at Pioneer Hall in San Jose California. Tank McDaniel will be on hand along with the two championship contenders answering media questions Tank will also give an update on the status of Roy Carter, as well as reveal the rest of the card for the PPV event- so make sure to check back here tomorrow for all the details!

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Call To Arms Press Conference POSTED

Postby LankyLefty17 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:32 pm

CALL TO ARMS PRESS CONFERENCE:

Tank McDaniel is seated at a table, Call To Arms Press banner behind him, flanked by John Logan and Doc Wyatt.

Tank: Thank you everyone for joining this press conference for Warrior Pro Wrestling’s first PPV event, Call to Arms. I have a couple announcements, then we will open it up for questions for myself or John and Doc. Call To Arms will be streamed live on August 3rd from the San Jose Arena. We’re running a bigger venue for our first show- we want this to feel special. We have most of the card booked. Matches are:

30 min time limit
Tank vs Young Gun Castillo

30 min time limit
“Perfection” Jack Gold vs “Flyin” Jimmy Hawkins

60 min time limit
Kevin Hunter/Brick vs Vic Baron/Austin Baron

TBD vs TBD

World Heavyweight Championship (Tank McDaniel Special Referee) 60 min time limit
John Logan vs “Gentleman” Doc Wyatt

I will be appointing myself as the referee in the main event, a practice that will become regular for our big shows. I want the responsibility of making sure these matches are called correctly, without controversy. We also have one more match to make, which will hopefully be announced at the house show. Questions?

Reporter: Any update on Roy Carter?

Tank: He has three fractured ribs. He’s out of the hospital but I don’t have a timetable for his recovery. He has asked to make a statement at the house show next week, so we’ll see how he’s feeling then.

Reporter: What about Machine Gun Mayhem?

Tank: What Machine Gun did was uncalled for, and he has been suspended indefinitely until we figure out what we are going to do with him.

Reporter: Tank, how is it going to feel to get back into the ring as a competitor?

Tank: I’m excited about it. Castillo is one of our most promising Young Guns, I’m hoping we can both put on an exciting match, and you all can get a glimpse at what our new training center is producing. I’m also going to clothesline him into the weekend.

Laughs

Reporter: Doc- what does it mean to have a chance to be the first heavyweight champion in the company?

Wyatt: How does it feel? It feels… perfect. I’m honestly not sure why I wasn’t just given the title from the start. What was the point of this whole tournament? Or this match to be honest? John Logan isn’t anyone. Who’s heard of him? What accomplishments does he have? I am exactly what this company needs- what it wants- as its face. I’m a role model for everyone outside the ring, and unmatched inside it. I clearly won my bracket in that silly tournament. I've entered the 49th Parallel- representing this company mind you- and will win that as well. I'm an ambassador for not just Warrior Pro but the sport in general. John Logan can keep telling people he’s the best in the world, but the reality is you’re already looking at him.

Reporter: John, what are your thoughts on this match?

Logan: My dream has always been to climb the mountain, to be the man and carry a company on my back. This is my opportunity to do just that. Warrior Pro is destined for great things, and I’m the guy that’s going to take them there. I believe that in my heart. But that guy over there makes a mockery of everything. He disrespects the company, its owner, and its fans. He wants to talk about representing something bigger? THAT asshole is a fraud. At Call To Arms, I’m going to expose him. He cannot hold a candle to me in the ring. The reality is he isn’t in my league. He wears those suits because underneath is a scared, fragile little man. That belt right there? That’s my destiny. And come August 3rd, when Doc Wyatt is staring at the lights watching me be anointed the first ever WPW heavyweight champion, he’s going to realize what everyone else already knows- I’m the best fucking wrestler in the world today.

Both wrestlers get up for the stare down photo op, after which Doc slaps Logan in the face, smiles and backs off while Tank restrains Logan…