Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Official Press Conference Posted. First Round THIS FRIDAY June 22nd

For Fire Pro Wrestling World-based E-Feds.
LankyLefty17
Community Member

Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Official Press Conference Posted. First Round THIS FRIDAY June 22nd

Postby LankyLefty17 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Welcome to Warrior Pro Wrestling!

Spoiler: show
This is my first attempt at an official eFed (I’ve run offline ones in the past), and my first using Fire Pro, which until recently I only used for real life edit simming- so this should be fun…for me, jury is still out on whether you guys enjoy it :D

Brief History:
About 2 years ago, World Federation of Wrestling (WFoW) closed its doors after longtime owner, Mack Vincent, passed away. In the wake of its closure, the companies most popular star and legend from the promotions heyday in the mid 80’s, Tank McDaniel, started gathering investors to start up his own wrestling promotion. The result- Warrior Pro Wrestling. Warrior Pro (WPW) aims to be an American style promotion that over time will incorporate a variety of styles and match types from all over the world. Tank’s wrestling career took him around the world, winning championships in both the states (WFoW) and Japan (Dragon Fire Wrestling). His hope is to make WPW a global wrestling organization.

Warrior Pro Wrestling’s home is Pioneer Hall (aka “The Den”) in San Jose, California.

To learn more about Warrior Pro Wrestling’s roster, and track potential new members, you can find bio’s and pictures here:
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2504
Last edited by LankyLefty17 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: A New Promotion Opens Its Doors!

Postby LankyLefty17 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 pm

EVENT SCHEDULE:

Current Show:
Golden Gate Tournament Standings and Schedule:
Friday June 22nd:
Block A:
John Logan vs Vic Baron
Jimmy Hawkins vs Kevin Hunter
Block B:
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Brick
Doc Wyatt vs Roy Carter

Friday June 29th
Block A
John Logan vs Jimmy Hawkins
Vic Baron vs Kevin Hunter
Block B
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Doc Wyatt
Brick vs Roy Carter

Friday July 6th
Block A
John Logan vs Kevin Hunter
Vic Baron vs Jimmy Hawkins
Block B
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Roy Carter
Brick vs Doc Wyatt

Upcoming Show
Call to Arms Card- Late July(Date TBD):
Tank McDaniel vs TBD
Winner of A Block vs Winner of B Block (Heavyweight Championship)
Last edited by LankyLefty17 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Postby LankyLefty17 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Reserved for Title History

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Postby LankyLefty17 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Q&A with Warrior Pro Owner Tank McDaniel

Welcome everyone, to the first official press conference of Warrior Pro Wrestling. Tank will give an opening statement and then will be taking questions…

Tank: Thanks everyone for joining, I couldn’t be more excited for the launch of this promotion. As my career was winding down, one of my dreams has always been to start my own promotion- a dream that is realized today. We’re going to start off small, we’ll probably have some hiccups along the way, but our goal is going to always be to have the most entertaining matches possible.

Reporter: What style of promotion will this be?

Tank: I don’t want to restrict WPW to a single style, though our initial roster definitely leans towards a more “American” style. But our goal is to continue to sign diverse talent, and give fans a wide variety of matches.

Reporter: How often will you be running shows?

Tank: Currently the plan is once a month shows. We will also be doing some smaller adhoc house shows, up to 2 a month, to showcase younger talent and allow for our wrestlers to promote upcoming matches for the monthly shows. Our main shows will typically be held at the end of the month, though that won’t be a hard and fast rule.

Reporter: Will your shows be live (streaming)?

Tank: Not at this time. Though I’ve seen the success other promotions have streaming their shows live, at this time it isn’t something we are looking to do. All matches will be pre-taped and posted. It could be something we look to do in the future however.

Reporter: What type of championships will you have?

Tank: As of right now, given the size of our roster, we are planning to have a heavyweight championship and a tag team championship. Our tag team division is still being built out, but the heavyweight championship will be the main event of our first show.

Reporter: Will your wrestlers be exclusive to Warrior Pro?

Tank: No, I think being able to showcase talent in other promotions helps build interest in this promotion. We will be restricting talent from other shows until after our first show. After that, our talent will be free to book as long as they have received permission from Warrior Pro Wrestling first.

Reporter: Will you be booking outside talent on your shows?

Tank: I am open to including outside talent, though it typically will have to be with a specific match/purpose in mind.

Reporter: Can you speak more on your first show? When will it be?

Tank: We are still finalizing the date for our first show. Part of the reason for this is we will be doing a tournament to determine the two contenders for our inaugural championship match. There will be an official press release soon with details, including participants and dates.

Thank you everyone, this concludes our press conference.
Last edited by LankyLefty17 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Announced!

Postby LankyLefty17 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:27 pm

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM WARRIOR PRO WRESTLING:
Warrior Pro Wrestling (WPW) is excited to make two official announcements regarding upcoming events and shows:

WPW will be kicking off its first event next week with the first annual “Golden Gate” Tournament FRIDAY JUNE 22nd. This league style tournament will determine the two contenders that will face off to become the inaugural Warrior Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Champion!
The tournament will be a weekly event, with matches taking place on Friday and full matches plus recaps being posted that night.

The official brackets and schedule (this can also be viewed in the “Current Show” section at the top):
Friday June 22nd:
Block A:
John Logan vs Vic Baron
Jimmy Hawkins vs Kevin Hunter
Block B:
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Brick
Doc Wyatt vs Roy Carter

Friday June 29th
Block A
John Logan vs Jimmy Hawkins
Vic Baron vs Kevin Hunter
Block B
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Doc Wyatt
Brick vs Roy Carter

Friday July 6th
Block A
John Logan vs Kevin Hunter
Vic Baron vs Jimmy Hawkins
Block B
Machine Gun Mayhem vs Roy Carter
Brick vs Doc Wyatt

In addition, the debut event of Warrior Pro, “Call to Arms” will be held at the end of July (specific date TBD), which is expected to feature a packed card. As a special treat, owner and founder of Warrior Pro Wrestling, Tank McDaniel, has promised he will appear in a match to kick off the show! Stay tuned for other match announcements as we get closer.

Current Confirmed Call to Arms card (can also be viewed on the "Current Show" section up top):
Tank McDaniel vs TBD
Winner of A Block vs Winner of B Block (Heavyweight Championship)
Last edited by LankyLefty17 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Warrior Pro. Golden Gate Tournament....I'm guessing LeBron wants no part of this.

Looks like good fun for the rest of us though:)

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Postby LankyLefty17 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:00 pm

senator wrote:I'm guessing LeBron wants no part of this.

:lol: I would assume not...

joshthejerseyboy
Community Member

Postby joshthejerseyboy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:33 pm

I'm gonna try and watch brother. Best of luck to you

LankyLefty17
Community Member

Re: Warrior Pro Wrestling: Golden Gate Tournament Officiall Press Conference Posted. First Round THIS FRIDAY June 22nd!

Postby LankyLefty17 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:21 pm

OFFICIAL GOLDEN GATE TOURNAMENT PRESS CONFERENCE:

MC: Hello everyone, and thank you for joining us for the official press conference for the 2018 Golden Gate Tournament brought to you by Warrior Pro Wrestling. Our first round of the tournament begins this FRIDAY, JUNE 22nd. Seated in the middle of the table is the Owner and Founder of Warrior Pro, Tank McDaniel. On his right is Vic “The Technician” Baron and John Logan. To his left, “Gentleman” Doc Wyatt and Brick… uh…

Brick:
Yeah juss Brick.

Nervous laughs

MC: Right…just Brick. My apologies. Um- Tank will make some opening remarks and then we will open it up for questions.
Tank: Thanks. Welcome everyone. This promotion is a long time coming for me. As I said last week, this has always been a goal of mine, and I couldn’t be more excited to kick off the grand opening with a tournament that showcases the talented wrestlers we’ve compiled in a short amount of time. Everyone here at Warrior Pro is excited to show the world who we are, and why you should be paying attention.

Reporter:
Tank, who do you expect to come out of this tournament with the title shot?

Tank:
(chuckles) Putting me on the spot here next to all these guys. I don’t think there’s anyone in the tournament that I don’t think has a legit shot to win- that’s what makes it so entertaining.

Reporter: John- you’ve probably got more worldwide experience than anyone else, what do you need to do to get out of your bracket

Logan: Win my matches

Laughs

Logan: Honestly I think I’m the best wrestler in the world. There are definitely some tough guys in this tournament, especially the guy sitting next to me (points to Vic). But if I do the things I need to do, there’s no reason I shouldn’t be in the championship match at Call to Arms.

Baron: I’m really going to be doing everything possible to make sure that doesn’t happen. (puts his arm around Logan as they both laugh)

Wyatt:
(audibly moans into the mic)

Reporter: Doc, some would argue you’re in the tougher block. What needs to go your way for you to end up on top?

Wyatt: Sure seems like the tougher block eh? These two are going to bro hug for 20 minutes while I have to maneuver around guys like Machine Gun Mayhem and Cement Brains over here (points a thumb at Brick)

Brick: (takes a giant hand and grabs Wyatt’s collar, slamming him into the table) Just Brick’ll do little man.

Wyatt:
Ah! Yeah! Brick! (Brick lets go, Wyatt straightens his shirt). Jesus Tank, reign in your employees.

Reporter: Tank- what about Machine Gun? He’s had trouble with other promotions in the past, how are you planning on dealing with him?

Tank: MGM is a talented, if not…er… eccentric wrestler. We think he brings an edge to our roster, we’ll worry about dealing with any issues as they come up.

Wyatt:
(sarcastic) That’s encouraging.

Logan:
Pussy

Wyatt: (stands up pointing) Shut your mouth. You think you already own this place because of your “reputation”. Well I have a reputation too, and if this company has half a mind, I’ll end up the face of it. I’ll put my credentials against yours any day of the week. And I also don’t look like some homeless bum trying to hitch a ride to burning man.

Logan:
(stands up) Yeah, you think you can beat me because you wrestle in a fucking suit? Win your bracket and we’ll talk

Baron:
It doesn’t matter, you ain’t getting out of your bracket. Worry about Friday.

Tank: Ok ok enough.

(Wyatt and Logan sit back down still eyeing each other, Logan shifts an eye towards Baron)

Reporter: Vic- what makes you so confident you can get out of the A block

Baron: John and I go way back, and he’s a great wrestler, but nobody can out work me. I’ve trained hard for this, and I think it’s my time to take the next step and become champion. This is my first step.

MC: One more question.

Reporter: Brick- anyone in your bracket that you think could be a tough match-up for you?

Brick:
Nope. (gets up and walks out)

MC:
Well uh, ok. This concludes our press conference, remember the first round is this Friday, June 22nd! Thank you to everyone for joining.