Edits You Just Can't Boo?

For general discussion of Fire Pro Wrestling World topics and news.
Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Edits You Just Can't Boo?

Postby Professor Voodoo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:44 pm

This thread is as it says on the tin.

Are there any edits in the community out there who are clearly specified as a heel in alignment that you just can't bring yourself to boo for whatever reason?

For me it's Sen's Felix Santana III, who iirc, is more or less defying his family's lucha legacy, but he's so amazing in ring with his amateur wrestling, that I can't help but uh....well I'm not siding with him outright in his cause, (since I like the other Santanas aswell) but his in ring work, coupled with the fact that he isn't particularly vile, makes it a hard sell for me to wanna see this guy get his ass beaten in a painful fashion.
It's not enough to look like an edit to be an edit. You have to act like them too.

(The best limits are no limits)

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Professor_ ... pid=564230

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Re: Edits You Just Can't Boo?

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:34 pm

I don't hardly ever boo the charismatic heels in "actual" wrestling and that's seeped over to World. As such, there's not too many edits intended to be booed that I actually boo. There's an assortment of edits I find that are actually shitty in their design, so much that I think the creation is actually bad and not a reflection of the edit's gimmick. Those edits won't be included in my list.

Regardless, these are the edits I can think of that are intended to be booed that I don't:

Mine: Dana Starr, Doinkette, Mako Tagruta, Pumpkin Spice, Ser Mally, Skully, TIKI (by extension the whole Mistfire Coven), and Tlaloc
Firehawk: Todd Colton and Natasha Clover
Geese: I don't remember if the current Geese is Face or Heel, but I never booed him in the Returns Era FPCPP.
Hana: Sookie and Eddy Introspect
Senator: Stanford Bradley
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

maikeru
Community Member

Postby maikeru » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:51 pm

I won't boo Todd Colton because he constantly gets punished for no real reason by other bookers (and Firehawk himself to an extent). And Natasha was totally robbed just because she was kind of an asshole.

I will generally cheer on Strawberry Sookie and Eddy Introspect as well.

Though, I think the only people who I absolutely won't cheer under any circumstances are Val Morgan and EL33T. :P

Hikari☆Hana
Community Member

Postby Hikari☆Hana » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:15 pm

How about the opposite? Face characters you just can't stand.

Like Mascara Avispa.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:16 pm

maikeru wrote:the only people who I absolutely won't cheer

Dont open that book, else Dawn will go full on Jericho with 1004 edits.

maikeru
Community Member

Postby maikeru » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:54 pm

Hikari☆Hana wrote:How about the opposite? Face characters you just can't stand.

Like Mascara Avispa.

I didn't want him to beat Silver Hawk like that...!! :(

Tommy Tarantula
Community Member

Postby Tommy Tarantula » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:01 am

I would definitely say Marcus Montgomery people love that edit but he's supposed to be a heal. I have never heard one wrong word about that edit.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:47 am

Severla 2.0 wrote:
maikeru wrote:the only people who I absolutely won't cheer

Dont open that book, else Dawn will go full on Jericho with 1004 edits.

The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 am

A lot of names in here that would make my list, the Montgomeries are faces in my book, TIKI and Mistfire are too awesome to boo, I can't think of any of Hana's edits that I'd boo outright, Prof knows that I mark out for Omega-3 regardless of his heel status and have tried to promote him as a "face for the internet fans," JJB is too good at getting heels over, but aside from attacking Fast Eddie and Kerry Texan, I still mark out for Adrien Lawton, I don't cheer for him against everyone, but I do tend to enjoy Tasharun's stuff, and I'm sure I can come up with more if I have more time.

Also, I can take partial credit for turning Thunder Fist face in ZIP Japan, since he's too cool to boo. Deni is a good enough booker to know when he has something good there, and went with it, heh.

Heels I can't cheer for though: The Harbingers in general, although Silver Demon is undeniably cool, and the Crystal/Tomas friendship is a fun quirk, the vicious Natasha Clover is vile enough that I can't cheer her at all, EL33T, nuff said, GORO is on this list for sure, too.

Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Postby Professor Voodoo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:55 am

Hikari☆Hana wrote:How about the opposite? Face characters you just can't stand.

Like Mascara Avispa.

That can either be a thread or I can easily merge the two :D
It's not enough to look like an edit to be an edit. You have to act like them too.

(The best limits are no limits)

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Professor_ ... pid=564230

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 am

senator wrote:Natasha Clover is vile enough that I can't cheer her at all.

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:32 am

*backstabs best friend and beats the holy hell out of her*

*makes a move to steal said friend's place in a championship match*

*still isn't universally hated*

Natasha Clover in a nutshell

The interference mod has destroyed Rachel's reputation in one fell swoop and unintentionally made Natasha sympathetic.

See also: reasons I don't use the interference mod anymore after that one time. :V

That said, I don't have any edits I outright hate, and I'm not sure I have any in mind that are heels that I can't help but think are awesome. I mean, I'm sure there are some, I just can't think of them right now.
The edits of Phoenix Rising can always be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1174511351
Phoenix Rising can be found on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/firehawk2289 and on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/Kileas

KingRadical
Community Member

Postby KingRadical » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 am

I don't care if he eats someone's entire family I'll always love Tasharun
M O S T R A D

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:Geese: I don't remember if the current Geese is Face or Heel, but I never booed him in the Returns Era FPCPP.

As best I understand it, Geese Walker is currently undergoing the process of a redemption-based full face turn, though against the right babyface opponents, he has no problem taking the heel heat in the match.
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:47 am

fullMETAL wrote:
Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:Geese: I don't remember if the current Geese is Face or Heel, but I never booed him in the Returns Era FPCPP.

As best I understand it, Geese Walker is currently undergoing the process of a redemption-based full face turn, though against the right babyface opponents, he has no problem taking the heel heat in the match.

*claps*

Incredibly well said. Just to add on a little (in spoilers to not disrupt thread via “Geesepost” :lol: )

Spoiler: show
Current Geese is trying to wrestle for the right reasons (spirit of competition). However, one complication is that something he will do that he thinks is in the spirit of legitimate competition may be seen by others as a shortcut or nefarious. Also, he’s still super self-centered so I don’t expect to see him potentially sacrificing himself to save a face being attacked by heels unless he is friends with them and/or hates the heel.

He’s a face by his own definition - which means he still doesn’t give a damn what the fans think, but won’t go out of his way to insult them or interviewers anymore. He still follows his own moral code (and the code of those he trusts) - he just realizes that his own code was severely corrupted from like 2004 to 2010 and has been in the process of correcting it since 2011.

I hesitate to call him a full fledged face in pro wrestling just due to that tendency to only listen to himself and a few trusted friend and not play to the crowd at all. All his performances are to psyche himself up and his opponents out.

But he’s no longer out to intentionally hurt anyone or take an “ends justify the means” approach. And he actually, consciously, wants to give back to the business through legit competition. I don’t see the “prince of propaganda” mindgames strategy going away anytime soon though :D

So, to summarize, Geese finds himself leaping from match to match, putting things right that once went wrong and hoping each time that his next tour will be the tour home :geek:

joshthejerseyboy
Community Member

Postby joshthejerseyboy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:27 am

I cannot boo Firehawk Sentarl or the entire family (except Kellaron). I can never boo Carl Zilla or Denizen (they're my idols in terms of edits)

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:27 am

Current Day Geese is like Current Day Senator. They've been around long enough and have enough of a reputation that they default to face status, especially in the case of Geese, who's a full on FPWA legend beyond compare.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:36 am

senator wrote:Current Day Geese is like Current Day Senator. They've been around long enough and have enough of a reputation that they default to face status, especially in the case of Geese, who's a full on FPWA legend beyond compare.

Ah shucks, thanks! :D

But I’ll never be more celebrated than Comparé - the FPCPP Lucha legend.

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:57 am

joshthejerseyboy wrote:I cannot boo Firehawk Sentarl or the entire family (except Kellaron). I can never boo Carl Zilla or Denizen (they're my idols in terms of edits)

The whole Sentarl family's been pretty well locked into face status for sure... they've had their ups and downs but they bounce back well, always have.

Kellaron, though... man, that kid's got issues, y'know? Keep an eye on that one. I think he's up to something. *cough*
The edits of Phoenix Rising can always be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1174511351
Phoenix Rising can be found on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/firehawk2289 and on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/Kileas

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Firehawk wrote:
joshthejerseyboy wrote:I cannot boo Firehawk Sentarl or the entire family (except Kellaron). I can never boo Carl Zilla or Denizen (they're my idols in terms of edits)

The whole Sentarl family's been pretty well locked into face status for sure... they've had their ups and downs but they bounce back well, always have.

Kellaron, though... man, that kid's got issues, y'know? Keep an eye on that one. I think he's up to something. *cough*

Too bad Firehawk sucks and can't beat a God of Death.

You know, unlike a certain other avian superhero.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:You know, unlike a certain other avian superhero.

This community has a weird fetish for birds.

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:38 pm

I'm absolutely loving Soak's brawler KAOS in my shoot style e-fed. Makes me abundantly happy when he flexes and yells 'YEA-AH!'

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Severla 2.0 wrote:
Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:You know, unlike a certain other avian superhero.

This community has a weird fetish for birds.

It's mostly just me.

One of the biggest reasons Emu even exists is because of Geese.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:38 pm

Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:One of the biggest reasons Emu even exists is because of Geese.

Thanks! :oooiknow: That is a huge compliment :numberone:

Severla 2.0 wrote:This community has a weird fetish for birds.

While I do enjoy our avian overlords, my “Geese” user name and main character’s name is based on Geese Howard from SNK’s Fatal Fury/King of Fighters games. The existence of Orochi Goose, however, is a whole other story :? :goose: :goocifer:

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:09 pm

It... was a joke, guys...