If you play on both a Desktop PC and a Laptop can you share the save on Steam?

For general discussion of Fire Pro Wrestling World topics and news.
Avenger

If you play on both a Desktop PC and a Laptop can you share the save on Steam?

Postby Avenger » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:04 pm

If I run on my desktop and laptop, is the save in the cloud or is each instance independent of each other? Also is there any issue doing this? Do I have to buy 2 copies of the game?

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Re: If you play on both a Desktop PC and a Laptop can you share the save on Steam?

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:45 pm

If you're going to do that, I strongly suggest disabling the Steam Cloud for the game. You can disable it by right-clicking the game's title in the Steam window and then clicking on Properties -> Updates and then uncheck the "Enable Steam Cloud" setting.

Using the Steam Cloud and playing the game on multiple devices can possibly break the save, deleting the original data.

You'll need to use a USB flashdrive or another similar device to transfer your save file back and forth.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Avenger

Re: If you play on both a Desktop PC and a Laptop can you share the save on Steam?

Postby Avenger » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:If you're going to do that, I strongly suggest disabling the Steam Cloud for the game. You can disable it by right-clicking the game's title in the Steam window and then clicking on Properties -> Updates and then uncheck the "Enable Steam Cloud" setting.

Using the Steam Cloud and playing the game on multiple devices can possibly break the save, deleting the original data.

You'll need to use a USB flashdrive or another similar device to transfer your save file back and forth.

Thanks. I think I saw the location of the save file on the Steam forum. If I have trouble finding it, I’ll post again.