Custom Edit Part Tutorial

Files for use in the modification of Fire Pro World on PC. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Carlzilla
Community Member

Custom Edit Part Tutorial

Postby Carlzilla » Tue May 15, 2018 8:26 pm

Want to make your own edit parts...you came to the right place.

This process is time consuming. It is not as simple as games like 2K18 which use 3d models. Fire Pro uses sprites, so we need to create sprite sheets.

This is the sprite sheet for the default wrestler trunks:

As you can see, you've got your work cut out for you. You need to create the sprite sheets before proceeding to the next part of this tutorial. Use Unity Asset Bundle Extractor to extract the textures from Resources.Assets. Please do not request other people to rip assets/textures for you in this thread, as it will muck it up and take away focus from real questions and discussion.

First, you'll need Unity 5.3.3 which you can download here: Get Unity 5.3.3

Second, you'll need the example project for unity. This project will have all the folders formatted in the correct way and contains some example files. You can get the example project here: Example Project

Third you will need the default PartsInfoList.txt file. You can either rip this yourself using UABE or download it here: PartsInfoList.txt

Once you've got those three things, you'll need to load the example project in Unity. Once the project loads you'll see in the bottom portion of the Unity Editor window an Assets Explorer window. In this window find the PartsTex folder. Inside this folder are 11 other folders, one for each type of edit part, one for the default highlights, and one called InfoText.

Find the folder that corresponds to each edit part you want to import into the game and import the texture into Unity by right clicking and hitting Import Asset and selecting the texture file.

Once that file is imported, click on it in the asset explorer and over on the right side there will be a properties window, the first option should be Texture Type. Select Sprite (2D and UI) from this list. Do this for each texture you've imported. I believe it can be done in batches, but I'm not sure I've ever actually done it that way.

Once you've got all that set up, you'll need to edit the PartsInfo.txt found inside the InfoText folder. Unity will attempt to open this file in Visual Studio for no real reason, so just right click it and select "Show in Explorer". This will bring up a Windows Explorer window pointed at the text file. Open it up in your favorite text editor (like Notepad or Notepad++).

You'll be greeted with this:

Code: Select all

#face,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
42772,Ace Paint (1),Ace Paint (1),113,ペイント,Paint,200,男,Male,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,m_fc_AcePaint_m_2,m_fc_AcePaint_m_2,m_fc_AcePaint_m_2,m_fc_AcePaint_m_2,m_fc_AcePaint_m_2,m_fc_AcePaint_m_2,m_fc_AcePaint_m_2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1
#chest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
42597,Ace Logo (1),Ace Logo (1),100016,模様,Pattern,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,下地ライン,0,m_ch_AceShirt_s_1,m_ch_AceShirt_m_1,m_ch_AceShirt_l_1,m_ch_AceShirt_d_1,m_ch_AceShirt_s_1,m_ch_AceShirt_m_1,m_ch_AceShirt_d_1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1
#thigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
42597,Ace Logo (3),Ace Logo (3),600012,タイツ,Tights,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,下地,0,m_th_AceTights_s_1,m_th_AceTights_s_1,m_th_AceTights_s_1,m_th_AceTights_s_1,m_th_AceTights_s_1,m_th_AceTights_s_1,m_th_AceTights_s_1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1
42597,Ace Logo (4),Ace Logo (4),600012,タイツ,Tights,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,下地,0,m_th_AceTights_s_2,m_th_AceTights_s_2,m_th_AceTights_s_2,m_th_AceTights_s_2,m_th_AceTights_s_2,m_th_AceTights_s_2,m_th_AceTights_s_2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1
#end,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This allows the example sprites to be loaded into the game. You'll notice that there's lines that start #face or #chest, these are the beginning lines for those edit layers. If you want to add a part to a layer that isn't in the example text file, you'll need to copy one of the ones that are in the default file.

I find the easiest way to deal with this next part is to find a similar part type in the original PartsInfoList.txt to the one you're adding and copy the line. You'll then have to edit the following fields (fields are separated by a comma).

Field 2: Japanese Name
Field 3: English Name

You'll also need to change all the m_th_XXXX_Y_Z to the name of the texture you're trying to import. There should be 7 of them in order they are :

Texture for Small sized base parts
Texture for Medium sized base parts
Texture for Large sized base parts
Texture for Giant sized base parts
Texture for Female sized base parts
Texture for Body Builder base parts
Texture for Bear base parts

I'll break down that file name now:

m = not a base part, if this was a base part this would be b_th_XXXX_Y_Z
th = thigh part. each part has a two letter category. It's important that your new parts maintain this format. Here's a list of the two letter codes:

Face - fc
Chest - ch
Body - bo
Upper Arm - ua
Forearm - fa
Thigh - th
Shin - sh
Hand - ha
Foot - fo

XXXX = a unique ID. The default game uses numbers, but as you can see in the example file, it's not a necessity to do so. Non-base parts can go nuts here as far as length is concerned, base parts need to use 4 CHARACTERS EXACTLY.

Y = part size. You can use the same texture for all part sizes if you want...but if you do want to stretch or shrink the texture this should match the texture size.

Z = Another ID. Some edit parts are in groups, if that's the case for your edit part, you can set this to be _1 and then _2 for the 2nd part of the group, etc.

Leave all the other values alone. Many of them are for filtering purposes, and the filtering system is complicated and annoying, so just ignore them.

Once you've added and edited the text entries for each part, you need to build the AssetBundle. To do this, click the Root PartsTex folder in the Asset Explorer to select it. Once it's selected, right click and select Build AssetBundle from Selection - Track Dependencies. Save it to your ModSuiteData\CustomParts\ folder. Give it whatever name you want.

Find the file in your .\ModSuiteData\CustomParts\ folder now, and change the file extention from .Unity3d to .tex

That's it, you've built an AssetBundle with working edit parts...

If you're planning on releasing your bundle to the public, please remove the tutorial parts from your bundle. If it's just your bundle, the impact they have will be minimal, but if every public bundle was to include them, the game could potentially have to sort through hundreds of extra files, which would lead to a noticeable impact in load times and performance.
Last edited by Carlzilla on Tue May 22, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Re: Custom Edit Part Tutorial

Postby Carlzilla » Tue May 15, 2018 8:27 pm

Also, I'd appreciate it if people trouble shot this themselves. I REALLY don't want to figure out what you did wrong. If it doesn't work, you did something wrong, so figure it out and do it again, or don't...but don't pester me about it.

Mantic
Single Post Troll

Postby Mantic » Thu May 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Carlzilla wrote:XXXX = a unique ID. The default game uses numbers, but as you can see in the example file, it's not a necessity to do so.

So, I take this to be a suggestion not to use numbers only since using other characters avoids potential conflict with future additions from Spike?

Also, I almost forgot to squeee like a little girl about this. Thank you so much!

I'll be over here pixel plotting for quite awhile now. :)
Last edited by Mantic on Thu May 17, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Thu May 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Mantic wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:XXXX = a unique ID. The default game uses numbers, but as you can see in the example file, it's not a necessity to do so.

So, I take this to be a suggestion not to use numbers only since using other characters avoids potential conflict with future additions from Spike?

It also makes remembering what to type in the text editing portion much easier.

crippler19
Community Member

Postby crippler19 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:20 am

Just going to note [because it took me a couple of tries even though I knew I was missing something] the filename of your texture .PNG should match the unique ID given in the string in InfoText.txt

the string in InfoText:

#chest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
42597,Ace Logo (1),Ace Logo (1),100016,模様,Pattern,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,下地ライン,0,m_ch_AceShirt_s_1,m_ch_AceShirt_m_1,m_ch_AceShirt_l_1,m_ch_AceShirt_d_1,m_ch_AceShirt_s_1,m_ch_AceShirt_m_1,m_ch_AceShirt_d_1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1

The texture file you've created:

m_ch_AceShirt_s_1.png

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Mon May 21, 2018 3:01 am

Also, since a few people have misunderstood...

THE GAME DOES NOT AUTOSCALE THE PARTS FOR YOU!

Simply making m_ch_AceShirt_s_1.png and then using this in the InfoText:

Will not work, as you don't have m_ch_AceShirt_m_1, m_ch_AceShirt_l_1, or m_ch_AceShirt_d_1

You can however enter this:

42597,Ace Logo (1),Ace Logo (1),100016,模様,Pattern,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,下地ライン,0,m_ch_AceShirt_s_1,m_ch_AceShirt_s_1,m_ch_AceShirt_s_1,m_ch_AceShirt_s_1,m_ch_AceShirt_s_1,m_ch_AceShirt_s_1,m_ch_AceShirt_s_1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1

and it will use the logo you've created on all base sizes...however, it will be the same size on a small chest as it will be on a large chest...which sometimes doesn't work depending on what you're trying to do.

Old School Oni
Community Member

Postby Old School Oni » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Does the 5 digit number (Field 1) make any difference? I have been freely using the same one, regardless of part type, and it doesn't seem to cause any harm. But as I'm planning to re-do my parts to try to make better highlights, I thought I should ask before I wrote the new PartsInfo text files.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Old School Oni wrote:Does the 5 digit number (Field 1) make any difference? I have been freely using the same one, regardless of part type, and it doesn't seem to cause any harm. But as I'm planning to re-do my parts to try to make better highlights, I thought I should ask before I wrote the new PartsInfo text files.

as far as I can tell, no. I reused the same one many times as well.