Basic Edit-Making Tips and Tricks

For any guides or helpful information regarding Fire Pro Wrestling World.
craziej2k
Community Member

Re: Basic Edit-Making Tips and Tricks

Postby craziej2k » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:42 pm

Mauzer33 wrote:I have question regarding total skill points. Lets say I have an edit that has a total of 170 vs another with 230. Does the total skill point number really make a difference in a match, or does it ultimately come down to each individual edit's logic, moves and other general parameters? Would the 230 edit completely squash the 170 edit everytime?

I think it would depend on where the skill points were put, say if the edit with 230 had 10 for punch offense and has a lot of moves that used that parameter then he would have a big advantage. Logic settings would play a big part as well, if he was set up to punish opponents and not go for the pin there's always a chance the 170 might be able to crit! him or wear him down over time.

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:44 am

Mauzer33 wrote:I have question regarding total skill points. Lets say I have an edit that has a total of 170 vs another with 230. Does the total skill point number really make a difference in a match, or does it ultimately come down to each individual edit's logic, moves and other general parameters? Would the 230 edit completely squash the 170 edit everytime?

It'll depend much more on the logic than anything else. A 50 point edit with 10 in punch that 100% does a punch that 100% goes into a pin will very likely beat a 230 pointer that's built regularly.

But that's not an excuse to jack up points. Always keep in mind wondy's point in the first post: parameters aren't RPG stats, they're machine numbers that determine pacing.

And not every edit needs a special skill/high part defenses/high movespeed/the ability to runup the turnbuckles. Those can add a lot more points than they're ultimately worth.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:06 am

Almost every one of my highflyer/luchador(a) edits has point bloat because of how many points the higher Movement Speed options cost. Maximum Movement Speed, plus having the ability to Run-Up (Springboard Dives) is something like 30 points altogether. An average edit on my roster (before Skills are taken into account) will be roughly 130 to 140 points. With Skills applied, they can easily end up at 170 to 200 points.

High Movement Speed, plus Run-Up, plus a Tier-3 skill will get you closer to 60 points spent, and that doesn't include things like Recovery Rates.

Parameters Moveset, and Logic will largely be the things that make or break the edit depending on what you're trying to accomplish.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:09 pm

soak314 wrote:

It'll depend much more on the logic than anything else. A 50 point edit with 10 in punch that 100% does a punch that 100% goes into a pin will very likely beat a 230 pointer that's built regularly.

But that's not an excuse to jack up points. Always keep in mind wondy's point in the first post: parameters aren't RPG stats, they're machine numbers that determine pacing.

And not every edit needs a special skill/high part defenses/high movespeed/the ability to runup the turnbuckles. Those can add a lot more points than they're ultimately worth.

And CRITICAL types can add on more useless points than about anything else. Stick an ineffective CRITICAL on an edit that doesn't get a lot of mileage out of it, and you've thrown thirty points away that would be much better spent elsewhere if you're going for maximum competitiveness.
Last edited by senator on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:32 pm

Yep.

Submission Critical is pretty much useless for standard Pro Wrestling types.

For edits that have a submission finisher, but it doesn't fall into the "MMA"-ish category, I set them to Finisher Crit.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:54 am

Id vote most of the non-finisher crits aren't very 'pro-wrestling' but I know some people get good mileage from flash-pin Tech crits.

I could see Power being on a powerhouse built to be 'too strong for his own good' but may get heat if he's got more moves that could crit than you could count on one hand.

Mauzer33

Postby Mauzer33 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:29 am

Thanks everyone for the responses.

From everything I read about non-finisher critical, I feel like the only ones I would use are power and tech since I mainly want wrestling type edits.

unimportantguy
Community Member

Postby unimportantguy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:54 am

Severla 2.0 wrote:Id vote most of the non-finisher crits aren't very 'pro-wrestling' but I know some people get good mileage from flash-pin Tech crits.

I could see Power being on a powerhouse built to be 'too strong for his own good' but may get heat if he's got more moves that could crit than you could count on one hand.

I specifically use Power crit for botch machines myself. If a dude is sloppy and unsafe and prone to accidentally (not intentionally) injuring people, he gets Power crit.

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:22 am

unimportantguy wrote:
Severla 2.0 wrote:Id vote most of the non-finisher crits aren't very 'pro-wrestling' but I know some people get good mileage from flash-pin Tech crits.

I specifically use Power crit for botch machines myself. If a dude is sloppy and unsafe and prone to accidentally (not intentionally) injuring people, he gets Power crit.

Crits as botches is the best way to interpret them. It makes the most sense visually, and I assume once management of the ring rolls around, that's how they'll be treated mechanically as well. The only two edits I have rocking critical skills have them because they're inexperienced/sloppy and could potentially botch on most of their executions.

Invader3K
Community Member

Postby Invader3K » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:29 am

Heres a random question I was thinking ahout: Is there a recommended move rating for a finisher? Like should it be at least a B or A rated move for an Edit to it fairly effectively?

DakkoN
Community Member

Postby DakkoN » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:37 am

Invader3K wrote:Heres a random question I was thinking ahout: Is there a recommended move rating for a finisher? Like should it be at least a B or A rated move for an Edit to it fairly effectively?

The only thing affinity effects is how much breath is consumed when using the move.
PSN: UK2K_Ch33k0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/Ch33k0
Steam: ch33k0

MBXfilms
Community Member

Postby MBXfilms » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:58 pm

DakkoN wrote:
Invader3K wrote:Heres a random question I was thinking ahout: Is there a recommended move rating for a finisher? Like should it be at least a B or A rated move for an Edit to it fairly effectively?

The only thing affinity effects is how much breath is consumed when using the move.

So would it be important for a move that knocks down the user also so they can get up to pin or is that another stat like recovery or something?
Or would low breath keep them down and unable to pin?

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:06 pm

If the attacker runs out of Stamina after their finishing move, they won't be able to follow up immediately.

As long as your edit doesn't have too many D and E moves in their moveset, they should be fine, assuming they have High Breathing to counter the constant winding.