OG-FPD: Where we've been! (2/18)

Level
AMBITION Owner

Re: OG-FPD: Universal Access match (2/18)

Postby Level » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:28 pm

orochigeese wrote:The first Universal Access match of the Base 10 Tour has been posted!

Tetsu Gushiken takes on Rambui Jones!

Spoiler: show
I loved this match, especially the HUGE comeback by Rambui!! The overall ENDING is what really stood out to me in what was just a straight-up sequence of awesomeness that I got a clip of the end too :markout:

https://youtu.be/J-eg8Sv5aM0

How Tetsu kicked out of the superplex followed by the powerbomb the world will never know. lol. But that was a good match. both guys look good in the end.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:26 pm

wholenothalevel wrote:
How Tetsu kicked out of the superplex followed by the powerbomb the world will never know. lol. But that was a good match. both guys look good in the end.

Here are five things that shocked me about the match:

1) Rambui's comeback! I thought Tetsu was gonna squash him given all the early grapples he was winning and overall progression of the match. Rambui had a 2-count off the DDT at one point and that made me feel better that the match wasn't a squash anymore. But never did I expect Rambui to rally the way he did at the end with the superplex followed directly by that awesome finisher powerbomb!! :markout:

2) Tetsu kicking out of that superplex -> powerbomb chain!!!!

3) Tetsu immediately following up Rambui's offense with actual URGENCY and chaining together a rally that had two specials (the leg-breaking submission and the fisherman's suplex).

4) When I was saying aloud: "Please follow the ground leg twist move with the Fisherman's Suplex to end the match" and the game actually gave me exactly what I wanted. That last minute of the match was beautiful. I love when the edits actually perform with urgency, especially when one tries to end the match. The fact they really picked up the pace two minutes before the 20 minute limit was also cool 8-)

5) After 6 months of restlessly changing Tetsu's edit (to upgrade him to higher card status and work in the unofficial KUGA sequence), I got him to a point this past week where he is capable of putting on the kinds of matches I want. The past few days have slowly shown me that capability with increased consistency. This match with Rambui was the last match I did last night and capped off a strong night of simming for him. It showed me that, even if Tetsu may still be a little inconsistent (which is also a function of FPR's RNG), he's now capable of delivering at his highest potential competitively and with certain spots.

Glad you liked the match and thanks for commenting!! :D

I agree that both guys got over HUGE. Tetsu is already being pushed pretty heavily by me (he just made it onto the main roster in December) but this makes me want to do more with Ceese's Rambui Jones on the Front Lines roster. I have a number of Ceese edits floating around that I am using to help my pushed guys have good matches but I'd really like one to focus on a little more as a threat and Rambui may be it 8-)

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:43 am

Last night I started and completed writing the 3/16 show, the second stop on the Base 10 Tour.

It will be posted on time (which for me usually means a day early :lol: ). I wish I had more time to do RP's that led up to it but I think the show will lead to more RP's than relies on them.

In light of the FPW news, I want to say that UBL will stay with FPR for a while. There's no way I have the time to transfer enough edits over to FPW upon release and that wouldn't be fun for me to rush to do so. There will likely be a long break after the Base 10 Tour and before the next tour (which will focus on the NEXUS Championship) so its possible that I will start gradually bringing in FPW matches but not as as the rule. Even when I do have the majority of edits ported over to FPR, I won't be producing as many videos as I used to.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

OG-FPD: Base 10 Tour - Show 2 (3/14)

Postby orochigeese » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:22 am

Gonna throw this one online before the blizzard turns me into a frozen Goosicle :goose:

The second stop on the "Base 10" Tour has now been posted!

It's a show that marks the 13th Anniversary of the first OG-FPD PPV and the 12th Anniversary of the first OG-Joshi match. We have 2 Universal Battalion Tag Tournament matches and one Field Leader Title defense 8-)

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: OG-FPD: Base 10 Tour - Access Match (4/3)

Postby orochigeese » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:51 pm

A Universal Access match has been posted between Tsaoring Chou and White Dragon.

SluggBugg
Serious Business

Postby SluggBugg » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:28 am

Your White Dragon should meet my White Dragon, White Dragon Jr. and White Dragon Boy stable. Lol
The EMPEROR of ELBOWS...The KING of KO's...The BIG BAD BOSS of BOWS!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:49 am

My White Dragon is actually Athrin's edit (he signed White Dragon up as the first member of the UBL Front Lines roster back in 2008) but I'm sure Athrin would be cool with them all teaming together for a match! :D

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:03 am

Great to see OG-FPD is still running after all this time! I watched the Chou/Dragon match and enjoyed it quite a bit. Without knowing anything about the two, I cheered for the White Dragon from the start due to his striking appearance and what looked like a fun high energy style. Chou won me over as the match went on, though, with his taunts, chops, and the flying chop off the top to the outside. Intense ending, with Dragon pulling out all the suplexes and Chou hammering away with sentons and more chops. Good stuff.

On an added note, it was fun to hear the in-ring music again, don't think I've watched a match with the BGM for a very, very, very long time.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:32 am

senator wrote:Great to see OG-FPD is still running after all this time! I watched the Chou/Dragon match and enjoyed it quite a bit. Without knowing anything about the two, I cheered for the White Dragon from the start due to his striking appearance and what looked like a fun high energy style. Chou won me over as the match went on, though, with his taunts, chops, and the flying chop off the top to the outside. Intense ending, with Dragon pulling out all the suplexes and Chou hammering away with sentons and more chops. Good stuff.

Thanks!!!! Really glad you liked the match and thanks for checking into this thread! It brings back very fond memories of OG-FPD starting on the GFAQS board with the LTR back in late 2002!! :markout:

White Dragon was the first outside edit submitted (by Athrin) for the "Front Lines" division back in 2008 which is a rookie division. White Dragon routinely put on matches against someone named Hannibal II and another edit named El Verde Fantasma. The match dynamic between the three was kind of like Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Hayabusa vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. Chou is a relatively new wrestler of mine. I got him in an edit draft a few years ago, initially made him but didn't really know what to do with him, then recently re-edited him (and gave him a new color scheme) to make him more exciting. I have big things planned for him in the future. As for the match:

Dragon had a huge run of momentum that I really thought was goign to win the match. Then when it didn't, I thought we were going to see a Time Limit Draw for sure, but Chou grabbed that submission right at the end! For a match that went nearly 20 minutes, I was worried that people might thought it dragged so I REALLY appreciate you letting me know that you enjoyed it and had fun watching it!! :D

If you want to watch a fun stand-alone match (that you don't need any story line context for, much like Chou/Dragon), check out: Tetsu Gushiken vs. Rambui Jones from February.

It's a bit more concise and has an awesome ending sequence 8-)

senator wrote:On an added note, it was fun to hear the in-ring music again, don't think I've watched a match with the BGM for a very, very, very long time.

After all this time with FPR, I tend to cycle between needing a year break from the music even when watching matches and then listening to the BGM itself for months when not even doing anything related to Fire Pro :lol:

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

OG-FPD: Base 10 Tour - 4/22 show posted early! (4/19)

Postby orochigeese » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:00 am

A week ago this show wasn't even written, and next thing I know it's twice as long as I expected it to be!

The third stop on the "Base 10" Tour has now been posted!

It's a show that marks the 10 year anniversary of Geese publicly proclaiming his ownership of UBL. This was basically my kayfabe and shoot announcement that I was turning the idea of UBL into a (then) new fed.

Tonight we have 2 Universal Battalion Tag Tournament matches and one scheduled Field Leader Title defense that somehow turns into two matches due to a slew of "UBL Circa 2009" style angles that I swore I wasn't going to run on this tour but couldn't stay away from once I got more into things :? :lol:

Spoiler comments that explain how this show ballooned in size:

Actually, the real catalyst for those Field Leader/NEXUS Title angles were Darius and Kurt Sanders not having one usable match (mainly in regards to who won. The match quality was fine but the wrong guy kept winning the close ones) over 3 months of simming. So I had to call an audible. I was then simming Matt vs. Lucha La Barba but couldn't get a good match and then realized yesterday that this attack angle would actually help me out a lot. Then last night I had the idea to do the Battle Royale + NEXUS Title and I was so f'n happy with how things turned out. The show became much more interesting to me and I had more fine writing it and presenting it. The NEXUS Title needed some excitement on this tour and it just got it 8-)

The Destiny vs. Chr0me story had already been written into the show for months, with the debuts 8-)

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: OG-FPD: Base 10 Tour - 4/22 show posted early! (4/19)

Postby orochigeese » Thu May 11, 2017 5:45 am

Well, after a few months of actually releasing my shows early, the tide has karmically (karmatically?) turned.

There's no way that I'll be able to get the 5/13 or 6/3 shows up on time. To force myself to speed up the production would be against the spirit of UBL's return (and my own sanity). The videos for the 5/13 show are all ready but I want to write a show worthy of the 10th anniversary of the first ever UBL match. So that show will be posted a few weeks late but back-dated as if it was on time. The 6/3 show is a little trickier since I only have half the matches capped and nothing written. I suspect that will have to wait until July.

It was kind of a foolish thing to give myself less than a month between the last show and this one, and less than a month between this one and the tour end show. I was too focused on the "anniversary" aspect of having shows on this tour occur on the dates of the original UBL run than focused on whether or not I could pull off what ended up becoming larger shows. Granted, I (of all) people should have expected that to happen :lol:

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: OG-FPD: Base 10 Tour - 4/22 show posted early! (4/19)

Postby orochigeese » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:39 am

So much for a smooth first tour. Well, the plan as of now is to release a shorter version of the 5/13 (or what was supposed to be the 5/13) show and then finish the Base 10 final show. All of the matches for 5/13 are done and most of the matches for Base 10 are done, at least. After Base 10, the "Universal Base 10 Tour" is over and I'm going to kick the significance of "OG-FPD Omega Road" into a higher gear.

Since no story lines of other feds are directly tied into with what UBL is doing right now, I am going to pretend that the upcoming Base 10 shows happened on the scheduled dates from the past.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

OG-FPD: Where we've been! (2/18)

Postby orochigeese » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:09 am

An intrepid fan discovers the truth behind the absence (and hopeful return) of the OG-FPD promotions!!

http://ogubl.proboards.com/post/2700/thread