OG-FPD: Where we've been! (2/18)

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

OG-FPD: Where we've been! (2/18)

Postby orochigeese » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:53 am

Welcome to the world of OG-FPD: "Orochi Geese FireProWrestling Dream", starting from 2002 in GWF and spanning 4 of my own e-feds.

My current and long time promotion: The Universal Battle League can be found here:

http://ogubl.proboards.com

My occasional and longer time promotion OG-Joshi can be found here:

http://ogjoshi.proboards.com/

My most current Edit Pack can be found here:

http://fpwarena.com/ogfpd/EditPackUpdateSite2015.html

This is a bittersweet thread. My first post in it on this new board is actually a reminder of the imminent end of OG-FPD.

http://ogubl.proboards.com/threads/recent/910

However, "Omega Road" is a long journey and there will be a lot of activity in this thread until the canon world of OG-FPD formally ends. So stay tuned for the announcement and links to shows, RP's, and other assorted signs of life of my 13 year old fed world! 8-)
Last edited by orochigeese on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 24 times in total.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Re: OG-FPD: October 2015 edit pack!

Postby C-Drive » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:55 am

It's only appropriate you should adorn the E-feds sub-forum of the new era with the first post, Geese.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:57 am

As I mentioned in the first post of this thread, I have finally posted an updated edit pack for UBL for 2015!!

http://fpwarena.com/ogfpd/EditPackUpdateSite2015.html

These are the most current versions of the edits that wrestle in UBL as well as Destiny.

The May 2012 pack is still the best place to find the most updated versions of edits that aren't on the 2015 pack.

Also, the first two parts of a trilogy RP have now been posted regarding Darius and the return of a top UBL antagonist!

http://ogubl.proboards.com/thread/911/pride-before-fall

Part three will be posted sometime next week. See, Omega Road is actually real! :?

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:59 am

C-Drive wrote:It's only appropriate you should adorn the E-feds sub-forum of the new era with the first post, Geese.

Thanks! :D

I was hoping I'd be able to sneak the first thread in when everyone else is sleeping :mrgreen:

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:00 am

And now I see I need to fix how quotes appear...that's something for the list tomorrow...
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:08 am

Yeah, haha, I just posted about that in the "A new era, a new theme" thread in the Information board :lol:

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: OG-FPD: 10/2015 edit pack + Furis/Darius revelations!

Postby orochigeese » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:37 am

So...where did Darius originally come from, and how is he and Jakob of Furis connected to Destiny? :shock:

http://ogubl.proboards.com/post/2673/thread

Spoiler: show
Destiny was partially inspired by the Orochi Clan and partially inspired by NESTS in the KOF world. When I first announced "Omega Road" I mentioned that we'd be getting into some rather sci-fi style territory which may seem a bit jarring cause I didn't have time to slow build to, which was my original plans for UBL. The Orochi Army promos hinted that something mystical was going on with Celes and now we're about to get into whole new territory for my characters. It's gonna get weird from here on out :lol:

I'm going to reveal as much as I can about some of the secrets of the characters that I have been working toward or just thinking about for years. Darius was basically created with secrets, and i actually tied Furis to him soon after I created the Darius character and his links to Destiny. I retconned Furis here in regards to his connections to Destiny. For years, I had the Furis/Schassberg connection as part of Furis' past but I never had a good reason for why Furis managed to "get lost" into the world of pro wrestling. Then Darius came around with his links to Destiny, I realized it would be a good way to explain Furis leaving Schassberg and also further the Furis/Destiny heat. I also like the idea of Furis kind of having a brother in Darius, but one that he tends to forget about if he isn't kept stable.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: OG-FPD: HaLAWLoween 2015 posted!! (10/30)

Postby orochigeese » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:02 am

Felt the e-fed gods calling to me tonight and made an offering in their honor :zealot:

It's funny how I can go months without doing anything than suddenly I cap 4 big matches with on the fly alt costumes and do an entire show write-up in one night: a feat that would have been challenging even in my prime when I had a rhythm. Here's to inconsistency :lol:

LAWL presents HaLAWLoween 2015!

Matches:

1337 Title: Megan Williams vs. Rachel Sky (c)
HomeLAWL Security vs. ? ?
Ruby Moreno Challenge
Marie Reyes vs. Lucy Cutlass: Winner becomes #1 Contender to OMG Title.

(Since it's a HaLAWLoween show, the wrestlers are all in costume. Click on the show to see who they go as!)

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Just saw the show. Highlight of the night - the Ruby Moreno match.

She impressed me with her upset victory.

Loved the ring set up. Looked like a kindergarten classroom :lol:

October Raven
Community Member

Postby October Raven » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Hey OG, just letting you know I'm still around. Looking forward to finally finishing this storyline
Proving Ground Championship Wrestling: Weekly TV based E-Fed
#FLSoverMLS

My YouTube Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzhF75 ... TfnVvGi8hw WATCH LIKE SUBSCRIBE RECOMMEND TO PEOPLE PLZ

Reckless101
Community Member

Postby Reckless101 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:37 am

Just caught the show!

1337 Title: Megan Williams vs. Rachel Sky (c)
I really enjoyed the story that was told here and how Dottie told it. This match and Dottie's commentary really foretold the type of character Rachel is slowly becoming. She is still very naive and too nice for her own good but slowly but surely she is gaining more and more confident in herself and her abilities in the ring. Megan dominating most of the match showed that Rachel can take a beating and still manage to find a way out and turn it around to her favor. Still can't believe Rachel is a singles champion in a fed :shock: . I REALLY have to RP as her as this is a massive highlight for her.

HomeLAWL Security vs. ? ?
I'm REALLY interested in seeing how this story develops and how it may cause Destiny to intervene at some point. The finish was as ominous as the tag team itself, I only wonder where everything will go from here.

Ruby Moreno Challenge
I've been a fan of the Ruby Moreno character and her promo and match that followed furthered my respect for her. The fact that she built up Juli by bringing up her past injustices and highlighting how dangerous she is and then beat her after taking some of her biggest moves really bumped Ruby up several notches in my book.

Marie Reyes vs. Lucy Cutlass: Winner becomes #1 Contender to OMG Title.
This was an AWESOME match backed up by an AWESOME story :D . Loved how the costumes served as a bit of foreshadowing with Marie donning a more darker appearance and Lucy ditching her normal attire, even if for only one night, to sport a traditional wrestling look for such an important match. The overall pacing of the match itself was perfect with a nice back and forth showing and the close call from Lucy and the Cutlass Cutter and ending with that sweet sequence from Marie. Even though in the end the spotlight was on Marie as the winner and the story that followed I think Lucy shinned brightly as well! :D

Great show dude! Feels good to watch a full FPR show again! 8-)

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:42 am

Wow, it's great to have such feedback for this show!! I'm really glad that everyone is enjoying it! :D

I had considered doing it but it was kind of a spur of the moment decision on Thursday night to pull the trigger and go for it. It was miracuLAWLous that FPR gave me such great sims basically right off the bat. No sim took longer than 3 tries which was super useful. And I was able to use the time in between video-creating/saving and uploading to actually write the show.

I think that I did a pretty good job in terms of concise commentary. I didn't go overboard as I often do (and am prone to do after 10+ years of long commentary habits) but I think I gave each match enough substance, build, and reaction. The fact I was able to write commentary and a few angles in only one night (for a 4 match show) is REALLY encouraging to me. That makes me confident that I can actually make Omega Road happen the way that I want to, with more actual shows peppered in than I was starting to think I'd be able to.

Timberwolf wrote:Just saw the show. Highlight of the night - the Ruby Moreno match.

She impressed me with her upset victory.

Loved the ring set up. Looked like a kindergarten classroom :lol:

Ahhh, the classic LAWL ring. A tapestry of fun and finger painting :D I actually made that ring in late 2005. It's the same ring since the start of LAWL and I always believed that the artwork was basically something a grade schooler would do.

I'm glad you and Reckless enjoyed the Ruby match!!!!!!! :markout:

I really wanted Ruby to have a huge return match and victory. But I didn't know if Juli Krieger was really a name that many current people would remember. Her heyday was basically around 2005-8. So I'm glad that Dottie's commentary AND Ruby's promo fully built up Juli and showed the audience she was a force to be reckoned with. Then the match showed what she was still capable of, making her previous accomplishments "more real." Overall, this match was to put over Ruby big time. I really wanted to use Juli to reintroduce a healed Ruby to the audience and show what Ruby is still capable of. Ruby has beaten Narai Kaeo before but never has she beaten someone of this size and strength. This was a huge feather in the cap for Ruby Moreno at a time that I want her to lead Destiny in and out of the ring. I think the match and angle were really successful in that, plus we got a SUPER hot match out of that.

October Raven wrote:Hey OG, just letting you know I'm still around. Looking forward to finally finishing this storyline

Agreed!! We're still going with the plan we came up with a few months ago in PM.

It's just a question of me getting all the players in their positions so that Corey can face those who wronged him.

Reckless:

Reckless101 wrote:1337 Title: Megan Williams vs. Rachel Sky (c)
I really enjoyed the story that was told here and how Dottie told it. This match and Dottie's commentary really foretold the type of character Rachel is slowly becoming. She is still very naive and too nice for her own good but slowly but surely she is gaining more and more confident in herself and her abilities in the ring. Megan dominating most of the match showed that Rachel can take a beating and still manage to find a way out and turn it around to her favor. Still can't believe Rachel is a singles champion in a fed :shock: . I REALLY have to RP as her as this is a massive highlight for her.

Rachel has been so on :idea: :markout:

Your updated version of her edit is more aggressive at the end of matches and that has truly been a HUGE help for me simming her during this reign. Just about every sim of hers. she tries to put her opponents away at the end. She's not TOO aggressive either. It's like perfect. She gets these hope spots during the matches, makes these awesome and believably paced (not Cena or Reigns) style comebacks that get the crowd rallied, and then she manages to get at least 1 or 2 finish attempts in while sustaining her opponent's finish attempts. She's been a JOY to sim, my friend. I really love her momentum right now. It reminds me of Harmony Reed's a few years ago in OG-Joshi.

I'm really glad that you liked Dottie's commentary of her as well as her description of the match. Rachel is truly evolving 8-)

If you RP with her (and no pressure but you know I'd love to see it!), try to work in Mark or Heather. I'd like your cliq to be a part of Omega Road as an ally to the non-Destiny side so showing that Rachel is part of her own group would be helpful in planning the bigger picture of the promotions right now 8-) You can RP in this thread or on the OG-Joshi boards. Since OG-Joshi is now (in storyline) owned by Destiny, it's okay to have LAWL and OG-Joshi RP's in the same RP area.

Reckless101 wrote:HomeLAWL Security vs. ? ?
I'm REALLY interested in seeing how this story develops and how it may cause Destiny to intervene at some point. The finish was as ominous as the tag team itself, I only wonder where everything will go from here.

Ominous is the word. I kind of hot-shotted the debut of both Goyle and CHASM. I thought that I needed to do so or else the story involving them would never get started. The "traditional" build to that story I had planned was going to be a little too out of thin air and also require WAY too big of a "moment" and this feels more practical and natural than what I had planned. My decision to debut them was literally made Thursday night. My storyline for them dates back YEARS of preparation and is one of the leading stories to come. So your interest level is 100% on target with their importance level 8-)

Goyle, as a gargoyle, watches all. Even things Ruby is not aware of...

Poor HomeLAWL Security :oops:

Reckless101 wrote:Ruby Moreno Challenge
I've been a fan of the Ruby Moreno character and her promo and match that followed furthered my respect for her. The fact that she built up Juli by bringing up her past injustices and highlighting how dangerous she is and then beat her after taking some of her biggest moves really bumped Ruby up several notches in my book.

Ruby's my Ric Flair. But she's a Ric Flair in a fed partially known for comedy so she's always been seen as "The Fist of the Southern Cross" in comparison to Holly or Visper's "Fist of the North Star" from the more serious OG-Joshi. Sure, we know Ruby can go, she's beaten some of the best. But not being in OG-Joshi for very long, she has something to prove to everyone and beating Juli Krieger was a big deal. Juli is pure physicality and Ruby toppled that mountain. She showed a ton of perseverance against Narai Kaeo, but beating Juli is huge. That Todestrophen finisher of Juli KO'd Alicia Gordon and plenty of other characters, putting them on the shelf. It crippled Dizzy. Ruby took it, and a powerbomb, and came back to win the match. I also LOVED the Ruby Cutter on the outside of the ring :markout:

I've seen Ruby beat Geese in sims before. Like, this is still one of my favorite sims ever, even though it's not official:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3FkiVHLAa0

Ending on this is so awesome that I wish it had been canon :oops:

Reckless101 wrote:Marie Reyes vs. Lucy Cutlass: Winner becomes #1 Contender to OMG Title.
This was an AWESOME match backed up by an AWESOME story :D . Loved how the costumes served as a bit of foreshadowing with Marie donning a more darker appearance and Lucy ditching her normal attire, even if for only one night, to sport a traditional wrestling look for such an important match. The overall pacing of the match itself was perfect with a nice back and forth showing and the close call from Lucy and the Cutlass Cutter and ending with that sweet sequence from Marie. Even though in the end the spotlight was on Marie as the winner and the story that followed I think Lucy shinned brightly as well! :D

Great show dude! Feels good to watch a full FPR show again! 8-)

I loved Marie's aggression here, especially at the end. She really put together a great finishing sequence. Lucy got her shots in, and a near fall with the cutter, but this was mostly Marie. I had the "Bloody Marie" outfit ready to go for close to a year now. It's the only outfit I had ready for the show (not counting Goyle and CHASM) and I hadn't intended on debuting it quite yet but I realized this was a perfect time. I hope the post match angle was sufficiently vague but surprising at the same time. Really glad you enjoyed it and the entire show!

Thanks so much for the feedback!!! :D

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: OG-FPD: Immovable (11/14)

Postby orochigeese » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:26 pm

A new RP series has started centered around the whereabouts of Yoshiro!

Eisenheim
Community Member

Postby Eisenheim » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:03 am

That was an awesome show 8-)
Although it seems, i came a few weeks too late for the feedback :mrgreen:
(better late than never, eh?)
It`s magic! Image

"I imagine Eisenheim living in a cartoon castle on a magical floating mountain in the clouds high above Germany, every room stuffed to the brim with a billion unique smilies. With Eisenheim wandering the halls, contemplating new and wonderful uses for them all." - TheDenizen

facebook'd

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:28 am

No such thing as "late" feedback to me :D

I appreciate it and am very glad that you enjoyed the show!!

I bet you didn't expect to see Goyle debut so soon :D

The_PR_Dragon
Community Member

Postby The_PR_Dragon » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:47 am

Great RP, Geese. Very excited to watch this storyline unfold. 8-)

Formerly known as "FPRG"

Reckless101
Community Member

Postby Reckless101 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:44 am

My first RP in I don't know how long! :D

Rachel receives some much needed support on her recent climb to success.

It's a bit of lengthy read, kinda got carried away :oops: . Sorry about that, but I think I managed to get the message across as well as sort of explain why certain people weren't around previously. I hope it helps out Omega Road for the purposes you were aiming for.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:32 am

Reckless101 wrote:My first RP in I don't know how long! :D

The first non-Geese RP on the OG-J forums since 2011 :shock: :shock: :markout:

Reckless101 wrote:Rachel receives some much needed support on her recent climb to success.

It's a bit of lengthy read, kinda got carried away :oops: . Sorry about that, but I think I managed to get the message across as well as sort of explain why certain people weren't around previously. I hope it helps out Omega Road for the purposes you were aiming for.

Believe me, of all people I get it :D You haven't written these people as a group for how long now? 6 months, more? You needed this as much as you wanted to tell the story. You didn't get carried away, you immersed yourself in roleplay the way it should be done 8-)

And you never have to apologize to me, of all people, for writing long RP's. #1 - I'm known for it! :D #2 - as JoeTwinky (the co-founder of OG-Joshi) once said, OG-Joshi is a playground and we invite people to come and play and have fun. Any type of RP style you want that is fun for you is desired and appreciated here. You put your heart into this and it showed. Very entertaining RP 8-)

These days, when I have the time to write an Orochi Army RP, I take my time. I savor the writing, the story, the character interaction, the dialogue. It's something I can't take for granted since I never know the next time I'll have time to write it. This RP especially is huge cause it's their reunification. The spirit of it reminds me of the RP I did for Orochi Army after the Geese Funeral. Where OG and Holly were both revealed to be healthy and Celes came back. Then they all met with Jean and Luke in the back and had a huge reunification. I didn't take one word of that RP for granted. It was real characters in my head having fun. You did the same here. I loved this 8-)

Specific RP comments:

[Rachel’s Mother:] Of course! We always get together for your big matches.

[Rachel Sky:] Wow, really!? I never knew that.

Awe :D

[Kaito:] Oh, and watch out for Marie. She’s creepy.

:lol: :lol: Thanks for throwing that in to put over how the MAJORITY of LAWL's audience (kids) reacted to Marie. I really liked that touch.

[Heather Heaton:] This confirms that we don’t live in a perfect world, because if we did then those words would only be reserved for me. However, maybe if I-

*Before Heather can finish her statement Rachel runs up to her and latches on with a tight embrace. Heather smiles and returns the gesture. This would last for several minutes before Rachel breaks the silence.*

Absolutely LOVE the writing here. Heather was spot on with her affection-monopolizing and Rachel with her hug. Love how you let this go for a few minutes too and it wasn't just a sudden thing. It was meaningful. The way you wrote it FELT like a long embrace.

Heather Heaton:] So have I. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but an entire year away from you is simply pure torture. Remind me whose foolish idea that was.

Holy shit, WHAT? They spent an entire year away from each other? :seppuku:

I love the reasoning that Rachel gave for what Heather had said. The fact you had RACHEL say it andnot Heather was genius. It showed that Rachel actually grew to truly understand Heather's reasons for being apart. I bet if you had this RP right before they saw each other last, only Heather would be able to point to the reasons and Rachel wouldn't be able to really understand them. But now, a year away, a year of building herself independently helps Rachel to understand what Heather meant by it. Rachel truly learned the value Heather wanted to teach.

Excellent story and writing of it here :markout:

[Heather Heaton:] My head must’ve been filled with feathers that day
:goose:

[Rachel Sky:] I mean, what…how…when…why…

[Tyler Jett:] *Smirks* And are you planning on completing a sentence with these classic information gathering questions by any chance?

:lol: She's joined a newspaper! Mild-mannered reporter by day, superhero wrestler at night!

Also LOL at Jayden's "DUH" comment :lol: It's fitting that it's the first word we hear come out of his mouth in a long time :upsidedownlol:

[Jayden Jyndal:] Oh, come on! Can I at least pick the place?

[Tyler Jett:] No, ‘cause I would also like to eat a place where we aren’t supposed to color the menus.

:hahaha:

I loved this RP. Rachel has a ton of momentum right now and this really solidified it. You and Dragonkin (who emailed me recently) are both making me want to run LAWLiday for real as I said I might do at HaLAWLoween. Maybe it's my next show after all...

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:33 pm

OG-FPD Omega Road is on hold due to construction work filling potholes.

On a daily basis I ask myself what I want to continue to do with this and I really don't have one answer that lasts more than two days.

I have flirted with shutting this all down with one promo and then one day later I start sketching out the next show in my head. Then I realize I'm not able to do it and my mind goes back and forth between ending things and continuing them. I'm in such confusion that I didn't even do an Anniversary show in December. That's the first time I've missed one in about 10 years...back before doing shows on 12/13 constituted an intentional choice and wasn't just random. I started writing a 12/13 show and then just lost my interest in doing it.

I want to do things right, whether it's a quick and classy stylized ending that is true to the characters or a plan for occasional short shows to end things. For the time being, I just am not sure which direction I want to go in. But that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about it. I actually have been doing so constantly but my life keeps changing so it makes it difficult to know what to do with this.

So uh, if any of the construction workers hoot or holler or whistle at you, I'm sorry :goose:

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:06 am

On Sunday I simmed about 75% of a non-canon Orochi-O's Zone "Blizzard Battle Bowl" :D

I random selected the teams but only accepted UBL and the FPCPP edits I had on my OG-FPD save. I was pleased I got so many UBL wrestlers for random select as usually I get the defaults 75% of the time. The first 8 wrestlers randomly selected were all UBL then I had to be more patient as Joshi and defaults started mixing in the random select.

Here's a video to see the teams and brackets for those who are curious:

https://youtu.be/x4CmSMOz4yY

The infinity symbol wrestler tagged with Kyle was actually Goothulu :ak: which was awesome given Kyle's Jinchuu campaign against Gooses. It was less awesome as they were eliminated in the first round :lol:

Zuna is Yoshirozuna as a few of you may remember from when I posted the Immovable RP in November and then disappeared before posting part 2 :oops: Yoshirozuna and Allen Riggs made an awesome team and kicked ass.

The Orochi teaming with (Flip) Staley is actually Orochi GUS which Staley was not pleased with.

There was one huge upset to start the tag tournament part of the Battle Bowl. In the very first match!

White Dragon and Lucha La Barba defeated Mr. Figaro and Jakob of Furis :shock:

White Dragon made one of the best face comebacks ever against Mr. Figaro and put him away.

They then went on to face Geese Walker (modern OG) and Tetsu.... and beat them too :shock:

Sickest victory goes to Laser Sight who used his rare "Big flame/explosion" move to CRITICAL! Goro Yamashita. Those familiar with Goro's past will remember his pre-UBL burning incident and the time when Jinchuu set his legs on fire. So for him to be CRITICALED by fire was FPR pretty much nodding to me and going "what's up, I got your story back."

Coolest victory goes to Laser Sight (again) in another match who got the hot tag from a VERY worn down Tenshi. Within two seconds of entering the ring, Sight hits a stunner (his main match finisher) which he follows up with a pin to win!! I can't recall seeing FPR do such a decisive and immediate hot tag victory like that before!!

Some really great teamwork and matches overall. I liked seeing many of the UBL wrestlers battle previous PW-W wrestlers and FPCPP wrestlers. I love Battlebowls in general and this one has delivered so far.

When the tag tournament is over, in Battle Bowl fashion, the wrestlers from the 4 top teams will go into a Battle Royale. I think I'm going to have the tournament actually finish though and then have a seeding system where the winners of the tournament get placed later in a time entrance Battle Bowl (in Royal Rumble season spirit).

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

OG-FPD: Blizzard Bowl Tournament Finals (1/29)

Postby orochigeese » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:00 am

The tag tournament part of the Blizzard Bowl is complete!!

Semifinals:

Yoshirozuna and Allen Riggs played spoiler to the awesome underdog team of White Dragon and Lucha La Barba. Riggs CRITICALLED! LLB with the Anaconda Vice to end the match around the 15 minute mark.

RYOMA and El Palida defeated NSL and Dean Annay in an exciting match which ended by Palida rolling up Dean.

Finals:

VIDEO - Yoshirozuna/Allen Riggs vs. RYOMA/El Palida Fantasma (The Grey Phantom)

Aside from some very quick effective striking from Palida (that actually tripped Riggs up!), it looked like Yoshiro and Riggs were going to steamroll to victory. So RYOMA's comeback was AWESOME to me. He was getting destroyed and pulled out a massive spirit boost out of nowhere. But the damage was done and Yoshirozuna hit his Sumoshiro Slam (a move that has CRITICALLED! wrestlers in this tournament and in canon stories) on RYOMA for the win!

Congratulations to Yoshirozuna and Allen Riggs for winning the Blizzard Bowl Tag Tournament!!

I will be running the Battle Royale now and posting it tonight. Here is the order and explanation:

LLB
Dean Annay
White Dragon
NSL
RYOMA
Palida Fantasma
Allen Riggs
Yoshirozuna

LLB lost the match for the first semi-finals but Dean lost the second semi-finals. I alternated the teammates. Then I had the tournament winners take the last two spots, with Yoshirozuna getting spot 8 for winning.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: OG-FPD: Blizzard Bowl Finals (1/29)

Postby orochigeese » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:02 am

Here is the Battle Royale Finale to the (non-canon) Blizzard Bowl!

I had to split this into two videos cause the match was a little over the Youtube 15 minute limit.

Part 1 - Blizzard Bowl Battle Royale
Part 2 - Blizzard Bowl Battle Royale

(Videos may still be processing so give it an hour or two after this post to watch them at maximum visual quality)

What wowed me about this Battle Royale is how it seemed to follow the tournament! A lot of feuds that developed during the tag matches continued here, specifically the Finals. Palida and RYOMA each went after Yoshirozuna and Riggs. White Dragon and LLB also wanted revenge on Yoshirozuna and Riggs. Riggs was having his day here only to be met by a furious barrage by NSL at the end. NSL actually takes out Riggs only to fall to a determined RYOMA who eliminateshim via powerbomb right after delivering two powerbombs to the massive Yoshirozuna!

RYOMA wins the Blizzard Bowl!! :markout:

Timberwolf
Community Member

Re: OG-FPD: Blizzard Bowl Finals (1/29)

Postby Timberwolf » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:09 am

orochigeese wrote:Here is the Battle Royale Finale to the (non-canon) Blizzard Bowl!

I had to split this into two videos cause the match was a little over the Youtube 15 minute limit.

If you want to avoid the 15 minute limit, you'll have to verify your account as follows: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en

That's what I did for mine.

Looking forward to watching the videos when I get back from work :)

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: OG-FPD: Blizzard Bowl Finale (1/29)

Postby orochigeese » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:55 am

Thanks for the verification info 8-)

Hope you enjoy the matches, I think they both came out really good. An especially interesting Battle Royale that actually told a story and the tag match was pretty hot for many reasons. I really enjoyed Blizzard Bowl :D

As for Omega Road, I'm still confused beyond belief as to what my next step is. I kind of want to finish up that "Immovable" promo series though as that, among other reasons, explains what the heck happened to Yoshiro :lol:

Timberwolf
Community Member

Re: OG-FPD: Blizzard Bowl Finale (1/29)

Postby Timberwolf » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:02 am

Finally got a chance to watch the Battle Royal

I learn something new every day. I didn't know the minimum time between entries could be set for one minute. I always assumed that two minutes was the minimum. Imagine my surprise when a flurry of entries started coming in every minute.

I laughed when one of the masked guys - I think it was Palida - lifted up Yoshirozuna for an attempt of the Widow's Peak. Yoshirozuna has to be twice Palida's size :lol:

Ditto for NSL hitting a double suplex on Yoshirozuna . NSL probably had a hernia for doing that :lol:

I'm guessing Yoshirozuna was inspired by the real life Yokozuna.

White Dragon kind of reminds me of Kalisto in his appearance. Just give him Kalisto's colors and that could be him. I'm marking out for Kalisto in real life.

Congrats to RYOMA for winning it all. I enjoyed watching it.

Oh, I loved the colors on Dean Annay's attire. They really stood out.