Spontaneous: A Handheld Adventure

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Re: Spontaneous: A Handheld Adventure.

Postby wet_dog_smell » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:56 pm

After the 'cheese wheel' incident, the main event for the first Off The Cuff show will be:

Bob Wright/El Dongerio v Ed Gimley/Rogan Josh.
Plus one other match that will be announced on the night.

The results will be up by the end of August.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Re: Spontaneous: A Handheld Adventure. First Ever Off The Cuff Main Event Announced

Postby wet_dog_smell » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:22 pm

I've also made my whole Spontaneous roster on WWE 2k15 and every now and again I may post the odd highlight compilation on here. And if I buy WWE 2k17 I'll do the same as well.

Cheers, as always your input whatever it is. Is always welcome.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Spontaneous: Update

Postby wet_dog_smell » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:12 pm

A little bit of news from the Spontaneous office:

An unfortunate incident involving Ed Gimley has postponed the upcoming Spontaneous event. Ed has broken three of his toes in a workplace accident. That's all the info we have for now, and not good for Spontaneous.

With its top heel in the treatment room for the foreseeable future, this may not bode well for the future of Spontaneous.

Time will only tell, and we wish Ed a quick recovery.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Re: Spontaneous: A Handheld Adventure: Update

Postby wet_dog_smell » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:49 pm

Due to a lack of time and creative spark I shall be closing Spontaneous with immediate effect.

I may restart it in the future but not yet, I'm just way too busy at the moment to make any effort at all.

And id rather read/watch everybody else's work anyway, I may return with a project but I doubt it.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Re: Spontaneous: A Handheld Adventure

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:14 pm

I'm thinking of bringing back Spontaneous for one last show before I close it down. Matches will include my original edits and also some defaults will be making an apperance as well.

All will be played/simmed on Final Fire Pro Wrestling.

Just got a spark of inspiration from some of the guys around here just to close Spontaneous with one last show.

My Spontaneous edits will contine to keep me entertained on FPR as they return to their old promotion SHITE.
Last edited by wet_dog_smell on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:04 am

As of today Spontaneous has closed it's roster has gone back to school.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Found my old cart and a dusty GBA, with all my old edits. I'm remaking them on my emu so Spontaneous will carry on. I'll be continuing with this project with little write ups now and again.

The new roster will have around 26 edits some of them are years old! I'm sprucing them up and Spontaneous will return with a bit of a puroresu flair in my own little way. And I'll be adding a title too.

Love this series of games.
Last edited by wet_dog_smell on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Over the coming months I'll be posting results and crowning Spontaneous first ever Rapid Champion. This championship is exclusive to this Spontaneous project.

The rules for the Rapid Championship are as follows:

-15 minute time limit matches
- 2 count pin fall, instead of the traditional 3
- no rope breaks

The title MUST be defended every Spontaneous event. Every challenger will be picked at random.

EDIT: Title deactivated as of 27th November 2016
Last edited by wet_dog_smell on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:54 pm

Did a Rapid Rules test league today to test the concept. Only had 7 time limit draws over the 30 matches. The league had an average match rating of 79% over the 30 matches. So I'm happy with the overall results. The winner of the league was Super Forker, one of my oldest edits and usually the top heel.

Looking forward now to doing the tournament for the Rapid Championship.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Oh bloody hell I forgot all about the rapid championship tournament. Anyway I've added some more championships that Spontaneous has to offer:

Spontaneous Championship
Tag Team Championship.

Just one match to report on today that I played earlier:

Randall Foster and Bob Wright fought to a 30 minute draw. The match got a 70% rating.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:23 pm

I've got an idea!

I've decided to not close Spontaneous, however I'm looking into changing the format.

The plan I'm looking at is a bi-weekly show. Possibly starting next month.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:21 pm

Coming Soon:

The beginning of a new era in my handheld adventure, a tv style show to be produced every month!

More details to follow, I'll even be putting in.......

Screenshots!
----------------------------------------
And in other Spontaneous news, all edits are in the process in being made on WWE 2k17. So I may pop up with the odd match video for you to look at.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Starting in January Spontaneous will be starting its own Tv style show under the name Advance Pro Wrestling. The Rapid Championship will be replaced by the APW TV Championship.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:31 pm

Surrounded by a small amount of local press, Spontaneous owner Bob Wright made an announcement:

'Today is a new beginning for Spontaneous, just over a year since our formation.

I would firstly like to announce our rebranding, all future events shall be under the Advance Pro Wrestling name. We will be having a tournament in the new year for the APW TV Championship, which will be the first ever championship promoted by Spontaneous.

Secondly I'm going to be retiring from in ring action as of today, due to niggling injuries and I'll need to take a more full time role in running the federation.

Thank you for being here, and I'll see you all in the new year'

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:00 pm

To continue my personsl Fire Pro revolution I'll be starting a fresh thread in the new year.

I've had a massive cull of my edits recently on all wrestling games I play on and I must say I'm the happiest I've ever been with my own edits in years. I'm aiming to start a new fed maybe using Fire Pro Wrestling on GBA in the new year, due to the ease of screenshots via emulator. I would use FPR but I don't see any point, as I can't screenshot.

Or I could do it on WWE 2K17?

Or can somebody give me a little bit of advice as I'm stuck in a rut here on which game to use. Please?

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:12 pm

As I've been playing Fire Pro 1 GBA quite a lot recently I figured I'll revive my handheld adventure thread. I'll just be typing up little result round ups and little story lines exclusive to Spontaneous. It won't be an adventure without a little story here and there will it?

Over the last few months I've changed the style of my edits, they all have a lucha libre base. I just find it so much more entertaining.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Beginning later this month we will see the beginning of a new era for my handheld adventure. 'Leroy Frumptons Win/Lose/Draw' will begin in April. As over the next few months i will be testing out the W/L/D formula. If I find the W/L/D formula is a success I will make it my Fire Pro Wrestling World efed.

The first main event will be an exploding cage match between two of our top power fattys, Super Forker against the half Austrailian, half Chineese Wonton Wallabie. Result and other shenanigans will be posted later this month.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:14 pm

After hiding under a tree in an attempt to grow his hair back. The ever bald veteran Bob Wright made his return to the Spontaneous adventure, a 30 minute time limit draw with El Dongerio.

In other news this week 'Luchador King' San Salvador still thinks he's the greatest thing since toasted bread. However on an upcoming live event he is scheduled to take on a rejuvenated Wonton Wallibie to get him ready for his upcoming cage match.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:10 am

In more news this week,

The most violent man ever seen in Spontaneous will be making his return during a live event in May. The return of Bastard Togoh has been met with dread by the whole locker room. It's been years since we saw or heard from this sickle stabbing psycopath.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Spontaneous Update:

This week Spontaneous has seen an influx of new faces on its live events over the Easter holidays. One new debutant who has appeared on all three shows was jobber Corredor De Bolsa. The new faces are going to continue appearing for the forseable future which is good news.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun May 07, 2017 12:02 pm

First Update for May:

- Bastard Togoh made his long awaited return, a brutal destroying of Larry Default. After the match fellow fork stabbing enthusiast Afgan Mike appered to make a match challenge.

- Scottish chin locking expert Jock MacChinlock also made his debut, scoring a submission victory over luchador Grand Britannia.

- Spontaneous bosses are also looking into establishing its first singles title, the Spontaneous Junior Heavyweight Championship. The bosses view the Junior Heavyweight division as extremely important, hence why it's the first championship to be created.

- Spontaneous has also bought out the following organisations:
-For Forks Sake (Former Deathmatch fed)
-Elbow Drops and Planchas (TV show)

When FPWW finally arrives on PS4, Spontaneous will be moving from my phone/tablet to the PS4. In theory when it does come out Spontaneous will be 2 years old! I may even start streaming some Spontaneous later this year as well.
Last edited by wet_dog_smell on Mon May 22, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun May 21, 2017 1:28 pm

News and Results for 21/5/17:

Results from 'Gym Battle Royal' Event.

Rob Vin Yip defeated Taddy McGinty after 20 mins via pinfall. The match got a 85% rating.

WDS vs Baron Von Shil ended up a 30 minute draw. The match got a 65% rating.

Leroy Frumpton won a 12 man battle royal, last eliminating Sadoo.

------

- El Nacho and Sadoo are set to begin a series of singles matches over the Summer for the Spontaneous Junior Heavyweight Championship.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sat May 27, 2017 2:18 pm

News Update on the future of Spontaneous:

- Bastard Togoh has joined the other deathmatch wrestlers in visiting Japan and the US to scout for talent for a deathmatch division. The scouting trip is scheduled to last around 2 months.

- Spontaneous is also waiting for the news on Fire Pro Wrestling World. Elbow Drops and Planchas, and Cider Saturday's are also awaiting the news. Tapings for Elbow Drops and Planchas are scheduled for later this year. Cider Saturday's are a live stream idea currently at the planning stage.

Im eagarly awaiting the news on FPW as I can then really get tinkering with all my edits, and finally put together some material for you lot here. As much as I like the handheld Fire Pros, I feel limited in what I can do. Even though it is very handy in making drafts for edits.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Mon May 29, 2017 2:50 pm

Upcoming tour news:

- El Nacho and Sadoo are set to battle throughout the Summer/Autumn in a 3 match series. The winner will be crowned Junior Heavyweight Champion.

- Other matches on the tour will be Spontaneously booked, as that is the point of the promotion.

- The tour will begin in August and lasting 3 shows until October.

-