Arena Tech Support - Post here for Forum or Website Issues

DM_PSX
Community Member

Re: Arena Tech Support - Post here for Forum or Website Issues

Postby DM_PSX » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:17 pm

ControlFrenzy wrote:80 something users currently on as of this post and the thread loaded pretty quickly.

Curiouser and curiouser.

It depends what they are doing. Searching a forum likes this kills the database. Just browsing a page here or there is almost nothing.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:28 am

Truth is we don't know what's causing it - we've had upwards of 10,000 sessions at one time in July and the site didn't skip a beat. Starting around July 28, the page load times went up and up and up.

I'm pretty sure it's just the webhost servers shitting the bed and they aren't going to fess up to it.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:21 am

Try opening safe mode and kill the viruses on the ram chips then reinstall the hard disk with windows system while tapping Return key. Alright tell me when it's done.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:31 pm

So it's been running well lately, right?
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:33 pm

Yes. Yes it has.
ImageImage ImageImage

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:34 pm

So yeah no idea why it was slow.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:37 pm

ImageImage ImageImage

craziej2k
Community Member

Postby craziej2k » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:07 am

not sure if this is the right place to post this but I've been having trouble seeing any pics hosted on photobucket that people have posted on this site, all i seem to get is a "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting" message and I have no idea what to do about it

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:03 am

craziej2k wrote:not sure if this is the right place to post this but I've been having trouble seeing any pics hosted on photobucket that people have posted on this site, all i seem to get is a "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting" message and I have no idea what to do about it

Don't use photobucket - they are practically a paid service at this point. Not really a way for me to stop people from doing it en masse.

Go with imgur.com or something else.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:42 am

I haven't used Photobucket in what feels like a decade.

I've been using Imgur for the last few years and went full-bore when they removed the 200 image limit for free users.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:34 pm

Still have my photobucket account, but I'll be deleting it soon. I concur on Imgur.

unimportantguy
Community Member

Postby unimportantguy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:00 pm

ControlFrenzy wrote:I've been using Imgur for the last few years and went full-bore when they removed the 200 image limit for free users.

Wait they what.
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS.

craziej2k
Community Member

Postby craziej2k » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:59 pm

ControlFrenzy wrote:I've been using Imgur for the last few years and went full-bore when they removed the 200 image limit for free users.

People used to pay to use imgur???

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:07 pm

unimportantguy wrote:

Wait they what.
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS.

Yes, they did it about a year, maybe even two years ago, maybe more.

Been using it ever since that happened. A friend of a friend told him and he told me and I went and uploaded like 300 images for sole purpose of just uploading 300 images. :lol:

craziej2k wrote:People used to pay to use imgur???

Storage space was limited, so yeah, you had to pay a certain amount to be able to have unlimited storage.

As far as I'm aware, since they lifted the 200 image limit, it's one of the best image storage websites; barring "drive"-style websites (Google Drive, etc).
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:23 pm

postimage.org is where cool people host their photos.

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:38 am

Any idea why I can't post the following words I made in the post linked below in a thread on this site? I get an error saying that I can't connect to the site. And a suggestion to check my firewall or proxy settings.

http://ambition.pcriot.com/2017/10/08/l ... challenge/

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Words from Level

A large hand adjusts the camera phone on its stand. The large hand is connected to the much larger man… Terry Butcher, better known as Level. He sits back in a comfortable office chair and adjusts his red necktie under his collar. He’s sharply dressed as always, well as he always is outside the ring, a navy blue tailored suit, white tailored shirt, pressed to a crisp. He’s not just a businessman, he is business, Serious Business.

Level: V… you are the embodiment of AMBITION. That much I can give you all the credit in the world for, and honestly, I have always respected the hell out of you. I respect you even more now because you have to be the most audacious bastard in the world to challenge me. The most interesting thing is, if this had been a week ago, I would have probably contacted you offline, and let you know that I wasn’t interested in the match. Or better yet, I would have had someone in my employ do it for me.

But a week ago, a football player who shall remain nameless, laughed when a reporter that happened to be a woman, asked him a technical question about football. That was bad for business. But not just bad for business, it was sexist and ignorant. Don’t get me wrong, we all have a past. I once named the women’s division in AMBITION, the “Dolls”. I thought that shit was cute. I thought it was clever. A lawsuit from Cat Fierce and a bunch of public relations recommended sensitivity training went a long way as allowing me to see what is OK and what isn’t OK. I learned to see the parallels between sexism and racism. That matters to me. The stories and experiences of black wrestlers before me guys like Tony Atlas, Ron Simmons, Ice Man Parsons, motivated me. And though I’m not sure you would agree, I believe that the experiences of women that have come before you in this business, some of their struggles, some of your own experiences of being overlooked, are a part of what motivates you to be so AMBITIOUS.

Is this a kinder, gentler Level speaking? Hell no. I’m about to kill a few birds with one stone. I’m going to accept your challenge because it’s good for business, it’s good for public relations, it will give me the opportunity to show respect to someone I respect more than just about anyone in this business, and… it will allow me to shut your frickin’ mouth.

It’s your funeral V. Get on My Level.

*fade to black*

I'm not sure Level, maybe whatever you're copying from (I copied from the site itself) has some sort of character the forum software doesn't like?

PensiverealtalkT
Community Member

Postby PensiverealtalkT » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:53 am

forum looks weird and broken to me...anyone else?

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Happens from time to time. Reloading the page or the browser you are using usually fixes that.
ImageImage ImageImage

Eddie Lukin
Community Member

Postby Eddie Lukin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Is there a method for requesting a username change or is it easier to just start a new account?
Say hey if you remember Pro Wrestling SHAFT!

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:40 pm

TheChristoph wrote:Is there a method for requesting a username change or is it easier to just start a new account?

You can send a PM to C-Drive.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:00 am

Old Baby wrote:
TheChristoph wrote:Is there a method for requesting a username change or is it easier to just start a new account?

You can send a PM to C-Drive.

Yeah do this.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:28 pm

I've been encountering a mySQL error, and it mentions read only.