The Disappearing, Reappearing Users!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: The Disappearing, Reappearing Users!

Postby orochigeese » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:52 pm

wholenothalevel wrote:
orochigeese wrote:
Thanks and I feel like you always understand the need for RL time. I've always admired that about you 8-)

You're welcome and thank you. That means a lot. I know all too well about taking on a lot of responsibility. I try not to let Ambition the e-fed take up too much time from my real life ambitions and try not to let my real life ambitions consume me. But I always focus on my real life ambitions over the game. It's a balancing act, but sometimes you just have to let real life win. The game will still be there when you come back.

I have always considered you a professional who has a VERY well conceived and maintained work/life balance and a strong follow-through with your priorities. I've been striving to up the "work" part of that balance over the past few years. To do that, I have to not only spend less time on FP (and other recreation) but refocus my mind to prioritize different things. I basically had to reprogram myself the past few years from allowing my mind to swim around endlessly in e-fed ideas to focus on other things. I've done a pretty good job of that. While I brought UBL back last year, I only spend maybe a few hours a week doing stuff with it and just one show a month. And my overall FPR time has been really balanced recently.

But FPW came out and now I see all of this information to cover and there's just no way I can do it. I'm excited for the game experience itself and will definitely be playing it and most likely enjoying it (it's FPR at the minimum, after all) but I have to fit the pre-game hype into a small window for that recreation time that I have rather than letting it take over my entire recreation time or let it cross over into work time.

Like you said, it's a balance that keeps shifting and I'm gonna do what I can. I know that a game like Fire Pro has a long life cycle so even if I miss some of the initial hype fun, there will be years for me to catch up on and enjoy what is to come from this game and the community projects and reactions to it 8-)

greatmuta2
Fan of Pineapples on Pizza

Postby greatmuta2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:34 pm

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri May 05, 2017 4:09 am

My internet went out inexplicably last week so that was annoying :punch:

Then it inexplicably returned so that was confusing :?: :lol:

Anyway, I'm not going total MIA/whale status but will definitely have to be around less the next two months.

There's no bad reason though, things just got busy.

I'll do occasional check-ins for some e-feddery and watching the general state of affairs around here.

I'm watching you ... generally :goose:

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri May 05, 2017 10:52 am

It's okay, just don't go all K on us and we'll be just dandy.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri May 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Damn it, I guess I have to throw out these new boxes of waffles now :lol:

jartry
Community Member

Postby jartry » Sat May 06, 2017 8:59 pm

hi i'm looking for brutus beefcake caws
I have an old issue of Geese's imagination where Hordak beat a Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet
#freeworm

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:09 pm

orochigeese wrote:Anyway, I'm not going total MIA/whale status but will definitely have to be around less the next two months.

Cue video of me running from an open field back to the arena while screaming -

"Aaaaaand I'm back!"

On June 19, 2002, I joined the Fire Pro community by creating a GameFAQS account and then asking a question on the then-awesome FPD board. (Senator can attest to how great it was!)

(My first post was about the FPD soundtrack and was promptly and helpfully answered by RocknRoll1).

Fire Pro and the Fire Pro community have been a tremendous part of my enjoyment over the past 15 years.

I've been kinda whale't recently but wanted to pop back in and say hi :D

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:41 am

orochigeese wrote:I've been kinda whale't recently but wanted to pop back in and say hi :D

That's nice and all, but I'm gonna need you to make a waffle cutout and plaster it onto your Goose signal. Thanks.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

FishHook

Postby FishHook » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:03 am

what once was whale't is swim again boiiiiis

I swear I'm gonna try to be here more frequently. Life has been an absolute whirlwind the past few years, what with graduating college, getting into the TV news business, moving to a new city, losing a lot of close friends to personal issues, gaining a lot of new ones, so on and so forth. I also didn't have a working copy of FPR for a long while, and while that has been rectified, it honestly seems like past the point of worrying about making stuff in FPR and time to start looking ahead to World, which I believe we have an announcement of some sort for this Wednesday(!).

Whether e-fedding is a part of that for me I'm not sure yet tbh, my love of pro wrestling in the modern era has sort of diminished. I don't watch regularly anymore, but I still love this game and want to be part of the community again.

So we'll see how that goes. Hope everyone is well. :)

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:10 pm

FishHook wrote:what once was whale't is swim again boiiiiis

I swear I'm gonna try to be here more frequently. Life has been an absolute whirlwind the past few years, what with graduating college, getting into the TV news business, moving to a new city, losing a lot of close friends to personal issues, gaining a lot of new ones, so on and so forth. I also didn't have a working copy of FPR for a long while, and while that has been rectified, it honestly seems like past the point of worrying about making stuff in FPR and time to start looking ahead to World, which I believe we have an announcement of some sort for this Wednesday(!).

Whether e-fedding is a part of that for me I'm not sure yet tbh, my love of pro wrestling in the modern era has sort of diminished. I don't watch regularly anymore, but I still love this game and want to be part of the community again.

So we'll see how that goes. Hope everyone is well. :)

Welcome back my friend.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:53 pm

jartry wrote:hi i'm looking for brutus beefcake caws

All I could find is burtus with a beard I hope it's ok

jartry
Community Member

Postby jartry » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:42 pm

ok
I have an old issue of Geese's imagination where Hordak beat a Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet
#freeworm

jartry
Community Member

Postby jartry » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 pm

thx i waited so long :')
#freeworm

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:05 am

orochigeese wrote:
orochigeese wrote:Anyway, I'm not going total MIA/whale status but will definitely have to be around less the next two months.

Cue video of me running from an open field back to the arena while screaming -

"Aaaaaand I'm back!"

On June 19, 2002, I joined the Fire Pro community by creating a GameFAQS account and then asking a question on the then-awesome FPD board. (Senator can attest to how great it was!)

(My first post was about the FPD soundtrack and was promptly and helpfully answered by RocknRoll1).

Fire Pro and the Fire Pro community have been a tremendous part of my enjoyment over the past 15 years.

I've been kinda whale't recently but wanted to pop back in and say hi :D

FPD Board was legit quality, easily one of the friendliest, most knowledgeable game forums I've had the pleasure to frequent.

Great to see you stick your head back in here, Geese, hope things are doing well, good sir.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:35 am

Through my magic I can see your original post geese.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:08 am

Welcome back to the Arena, FishHook!!!!!! :markout:

C-Drive wrote:Through my magic I can see your original post geese.

Ha, I was thinking of PM'ing it to you and Sword then thought it was probably best I turned it into what I did. I'm glad you saw it though. You probably get why I felt the need to write it, then post it, then quickly delete it, then post a new version, then start posting again semi-regularly :lol:

It's true though. Everything in that post and the one that remained.

15 years is a long time 8-)

P.S. Can you see every post I delete? Can we make this a secret language? :lol:

senator wrote:FPD Board was legit quality, easily one of the friendliest, most knowledgeable game forums I've had the pleasure to frequent.

100% agreed. It was the reason I got into FPD and the community as much as I did. I'd like to think that I have done my part in spreading the good will that I received from that board when I started.

senator wrote:Great to see you stick your head back in here, Geese, hope things are doing well, good sir.

Thank you! Honestly, one of the best things about FPW's announcement has been your arrival here 8-)

Things are definitely good but busy. I'm probably not gonna be going full bore into FPW but I want to stay around here for as much as I can even if my FP time (especially my e-fed time) has been cut down dramatically. I still consider this place a home even if I'm not wrestle-fighting as much as I want.

I'm honestly so happy to see FPW announced and so many new people joining the community and so many existing (and returning) ones stepping up. This is the start of a new era for this community and I'm really grateful to see it and the people who are going to be a huge part of it 8-)

FishHook

Postby FishHook » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:55 am

Level! Geese! Senator! My boys, it is a pleasure. Happy to see so many familiar faces. Er, gooses. I mean, user names.

and goddamn jartry let's goooooooooooo

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:54 pm

Spoiler: show

Very happy to see you back here too, Fish!! :D :oooiknow:

jartry
Community Member

Postby jartry » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 pm

:lol: :jarry: :biff:
#freeworm

FishHook

Postby FishHook » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:24 am

jartry wrote: :lol: :jarry: :biff:

jarry you shredder lookin' bastard thx for still existing

jartry
Community Member

Postby jartry » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:15 pm

the real jarry died from cocaine
but jarry is like duffman there's more than 1
don't tell the kids ;'((
#freeworm

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Spoiler: show

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:18 am

I'm still around, but the obvious delay in the announcement of World's early access date until slowed my role as e-fed owner and let me pursue other forms of entertainment for a while. Should get back into the swing of things when I get the game on the 10th.
ImageImage ImageImage

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:40 am

Zealot wrote:I'm still around, but the obvious delay in the announcement of World's early access date until slowed my role as e-fed owner and let me pursue other forms of entertainment for a while. Should get back into the swing of things when I get the game on the 10th.

That seems to be the general consensus among most of us here. I'm messing around with ideas as they come to me. Already got a good amount of stuff I want to port over to World when the time comes.

FishHook

Postby FishHook » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 am

Zealot wrote:I'm still around, but the obvious delay in the announcement of World's early access date until slowed my role as e-fed owner and let me pursue other forms of entertainment for a while. Should get back into the swing of things when I get the game on the 10th.

Glad to see you're still kicking about, you were a standout during my days with the Person Pack. Will def be interested to see what you're coming up with for World. :opo:

(I also miss :opo: this space man from planet o gave me life)
((not here for long but here in our hearts))
(((our tiny, tiny space hearts)))