Introductions!

Hayamaru
Community Member

Re: Introductions!

Postby Hayamaru » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:18 am

Thanks. I will try to get involved as much as I can. Hopefully I can be able to buy the game in the future. Whenever I can be able to buy it that is (currently unemployed).

ShinDuce
Community Member

Postby ShinDuce » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Hayamaru wrote:Thanks. I will try to get involved as much as I can. Hopefully I can be able to buy the game in the future. Whenever I can be able to buy it that is (currently unemployed).

What is it you do for a living? Maybe someone on the board could help with your job hunt?
I'm working at a call center so its not the most glamours job, and you'd have to be in the area...
But I'm sure you could network a bit on here and someone knows someone within a few degrees of separation.

Hayamaru
Community Member

Postby Hayamaru » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:30 pm

ShinDuce wrote:
Hayamaru wrote:Thanks. I will try to get involved as much as I can. Hopefully I can be able to buy the game in the future. Whenever I can be able to buy it that is (currently unemployed).

What is it you do for a living? Maybe someone on the board could help with your job hunt?
I'm working at a call center so its not the most glamours job, and you'd have to be in the area...
But I'm sure you could network a bit on here and someone knows someone within a few degrees of separation.

I feel uncomfortable discussing my job status on an open public forum. I don't do social networking. I have been applying for jobs but have been having bad luck for such a long time now. My most recent one was in january where I was interviewed. I didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks so I called them up and was told the position was taken but as soon as something comes up they would let me know. Good thing is the system I applied in asks if I want to withdraw my application for consideration but since I have not I guessed they still see I'm interested in the position as well. Also the website lists the job openings so I know when that particular location has had any openings yet or not and so far that I have been constantly checking they have not. So now I am kind of waiting to hear back from them.

ShinDuce
Community Member

Postby ShinDuce » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:46 am

Hayamaru, I understand man. No pressure. I'm sure you'll get something. And I pray you do.

Hayamaru
Community Member

Postby Hayamaru » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Thanks man.

Mike Strike

Postby Mike Strike » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:47 pm

Level wrote:
Mike Strike wrote:Hello. I just recently found out about this forum following the announcement of FPWW but I used to lurk Fire Pro Club some years ago. I've been a fan of this series since the 1st GBA game & am looking forward to the possibilities that modding & endless slots can bring to the new game.

Mike Strike! I love the name. Welcome

Thanks. 1st time I created myself in a wrestling game I came up with it on the spot as my ring name.

BigDaddyKyler
Community Member

Postby BigDaddyKyler » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:27 am

I thought I already did one of these...guess not

any ways I'm BigDaddyKyler been apart of the Fire Pro community since the days of GAMEFAQ's Fire Pro D message board.

i jump over to the FPC somewhere between 2004-2006 where I discovered the arena forum in its infancy, lurked for several years but didn't join until a couple of years ago.

Spoiler: show
My history with fire pro began with me looking for CAWS for wrestlemania 2000 and stumbling on to icemasters fighting-spirit website where there was a link to to this new wrestling game called Fire Pro Wrestling D. Unfortunately when I first saw it, I was thinking “what the hell this looks like a slightly upgraded SNES game” that was until I started reading what you could actually do in it and those deathmatch pics.

I went to my favorite video game shop at the time (microplay) and had them import it and got a boot disc from them for a mere hundred and change. I got it 4-6weeks later(longest of my life), printed several FAQs off GAMEFAQS and was hooked to the point that I also preordered a GBA & FPW USA immediately

I downloaded all the moves and characters for D but unfortunately I couldn’t load them on to nexus card for some reason.

Found out Spike was releasing Fire Pro Z unfortunately the fact it was a cd-rom disc instead of dvd resulted in me not playing it as much as I would like to, though when I did I loved playing at fish market/outside arena (this should be brought back in Fire Pro World).

Nabbed KOC Red/Green/2 which I consider as kind of Fire Pro 3D’s

Preoredered the Japanese Fire Pro Returns and then the english version which enabled me to make better logic edits & start producing some shows with my gamebridge device. Then downloaded the PSN version when it became available.

Unfortunately a few years ago, I developed a condition the resulted in me fading away from the FPR community and video games in general, luckily I’m starting to get it manageable and come back though it is currently an incurable condition(fortunately its not fatal unless I do something incredibly dumb).

BrentDelivine

Postby BrentDelivine » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:49 am

Didn't even knew this thread existed, oops. Anyway thought i'd introduce myself more officially so I can take it off my INFINITY efed post later on.

Hello, FPWArena.com. First and foremost, my name is Brent, I go by the online alias of Brent Delivine and I've been playing wrestling games for better or for worst for the last 11 or so years. I had not had the luxury of enjoying Fire Pro until December 2016, where I finally caved and bought Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on the Playstation 3 after seeing so many wonderful creations over sporadic google searches.

Now, onto the efed I hope to start. In one of the sporadic google searches, I came across an efed known as BLIZZARD, which I grew an interest in and backtracked it to here. Fair to say though, up till now I've been kind of lurking. Regardless, I am speaking up now with an efed idea, similar to BLIZZARD but more based off Dragon Gate/Toryumon as that is my preferred format of a wrestling promotion.

Speaking of which, i am a heavy mark for Dragon Gate (not at all a fan of DGUSA) and a dabbling fan in both New Japan Pro Wrestling and PROGRESS Wrestling. As you can tell from my avatar, I am an admirer of YAMATO in particular.

I hope to bring my own style of Puro Efed to the Fire Pro Wrestling Arena and I hope to entertain you with the years of knowledge I am hoping to put into the project!

BakFu888

Postby BakFu888 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi!

Just found this thread, so...

BakFu888, aka smackedass, aka probably some other crap I don't remember any more :)

On teh intrawebs from the Frozen Northern wasteland Canada, where I enjoy walks through the snow, hunting for treasure, and eating Kraft Dinner, and other Canadian pastimes!

I've been enjoying pro wrestling games for centuries now, and remember reading about this particularly cool one from Japan called Fire Pro Wrestling (I remember seeing a screen grab of Macho Man in an octagon (was still an octagon, this is pre-zuffa suing era...) against, uh, maybe Tito Ortiz?... WHAT!?!? MUST HAVE!!!). Fast forward a few years to the release of the gameboy advance and the FPW port for that old beast, I was hooked for good. I'll never forget finally getting that copy of FPWD in the mail and playing it for the first time. My four man tag team romp with the team of Kobashi, Don Frye, Vader, and, and I think Nobuhiko Takada (?) was mind blowing. Decimating Kaientai with those goons, seeing them strewn CRITICAL!ed across the ring apron like a bunch of pro wrestling barrel of monkeys was a gaming milestone for me! :D

Had various edits in CCWA, MDWF, and was stoked to see one of my edits used in simmed matches in OG-FPD! Met lots of great people over the years, and enjoyed the camaraderie this amazing community has developed around the love of this beautiful little piece of software!

Can't say I'm a fan of pro wrestling games these days, gave the newer WWEff games a try, but I haven't got a clue who any of these guys are anymore, and there's a distinct lack of head drops and strike KO situations (i.e. Bak Fu could not exist in these games... :D). I'm excited about the potential for a new FPW game, and I hope it happens.

Just rediscovered NJPW (thanks to the Fight Network's airing of AXS TV's NJPW shows), getting to know who the new guys are, and I'm really enjoying pro wrestling for the first time again in years. Really liking Kota Ibushi, Tetsuya Naito, Kazuchika Okada, and glad to see Katsuyoui Shibata around still. Still check out UFC from time to time, but my favourite combat sport around right now is GLORY kickboxing.

Anyway, that's enough, glad to see this place thriving, good to be back, and I hope all of the people new to FPW enjoy this awesome group of crazies as much as I have over the years!

Peace.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:46 am

Welcome Bak! HA!

As a regular OG-FPD viewer over the years, I must say that I've enjoyed seeing Bak Fu in sims. Tough mofo.

Bak should join the FPCPP or whatever equivalent comes around in World.
ImageImage ImageImage

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:38 pm

BakFu888 wrote:On teh intrawebs from the Frozen Northern wasteland Canada, where I enjoy walks through the snow, hunting for treasure, and eating Kraft Dinner, and other Canadian pastimes!

Don't let Scott take your Kraft Dinner. He's a dick.

BakFu888 wrote:Had various edits in CCWA, MDWF, and was stoked to see one of my edits used in simmed matches in OG-FPD! Met lots of great people over the years, and enjoyed the camaraderie this amazing community has developed around the love of this beautiful little piece of software!

One of my favorite OG-FPD matches of all time were Geese/Bak Fu vs. Twinky/Samoa Joe :markout:

Also loved Bak Fu vs. Marauder as the semi-main event to the first show of the 2007 Universal Championship league 8-)

BakFu888 wrote:, but my favourite combat sport around right now is GLORY kickboxing.

Gonna have to check that out. I haven't seen Kickboxing in a long time.

I used to love randomly catching K1 or an American affiliate on ESPN 2 at night. Nothing accompanies the poor choice of a 3am burrito like a Remy Bonjasky spin kick :lol:

So glad to have you back in the community, my friend :D :markout:

BakFu888

Postby BakFu888 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:09 am

Zealot wrote:Welcome Bak! HA!

As a regular OG-FPD viewer over the years, I must say that I've enjoyed seeing Bak Fu in sims. Tough mofo.

Bak should join the FPCPP or whatever equivalent comes around in World.

Glad you enjoyed seeing the miserable, head dropping bastard in action, he was a fun character to create and RP for! I'll have to discuss a potential return with his booking agent... 8-)

orochigeese wrote:Don't let Scott take your Kraft Dinner. He's a dick.

Scott is a dick, guy, and he's not getting my KD, BUDDY!

orochigeese wrote:One of my favorite OG-FPD matches of all time were Geese/Bak Fu vs. Twinky/Samoa Joe :markout:

Also loved Bak Fu vs. Marauder as the semi-main event to the first show of the 2007 Universal Championship league 8-)

Those were both gooders! Twinky and Geese were always so much fun to follow, and the simmed matches were gold!

orochigeese wrote:I used to love randomly catching K1 or an American affiliate on ESPN 2 at night. Nothing accompanies the poor choice of a 3am burrito like a Remy Bonjasky spin kick :lol:

So glad to have you back in the community, my friend :D :markout:

You'll be blowing burritos everywhere watching Glory shows! Glory is an amalgamation of various organizations including a kickboxing show based out of the Netherlands called "It's Showtime" (which featured a lot of the Dutch talent from K1) and Team Golden Glory's fight promotion aspect. There are other groups smashed in there, too, but the result is some bad ass, truly international, kickboxing events. there are lots of great fighters from all over the world, and heavyweights that move like welterweights. Crazy stuff, and highly recommended!

Thank you, it's awesome to be back in the community and see how much it has grown! It's good to see familiar names are still around and going strong! :D

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:35 am

BakFu888 wrote:I'll have to discuss a potential return with his booking agent... 8-)

See the bottom of this post.... :D

BakFu888 wrote:Those were both gooders! Twinky and Geese were always so much fun to follow, and the simmed matches were gold!

I wish we had the opportunity to do more Twinky/Bak vs. Geese/?? matches. Bak was a great "weapon" for Twinky against Geese, someone who fought head-drop fire with head-drop fire. And Geese kept recruiting outside people to try to divert Bak so that Geese could get at Twinky instead.

It was a fun dynamic of long-time neurological damage :D

BakFu888 wrote:You'll be blowing burritos everywhere watching Glory shows!

I'm not...i'm not sure if this is indicative of a healthy life style but I LEGITIMATELY read that line as:

"You'll be blowing burritos everywhere watching Glory holes!" :goose:

ASHAMED :oops:

BakFu888 wrote:Glory is an amalgamation of various organizations including a kickboxing show based out of the Netherlands called "It's Showtime" (which featured a lot of the Dutch talent from K1) and Team Golden Glory's fight promotion aspect. There are other groups smashed in there, too, but the result is some bad ass, truly international, kickboxing events. there are lots of great fighters from all over the world, and heavyweights that move like welterweights. Crazy stuff, and highly recommended!

I was also really impressed how many Dutch fighters were in Kickboxing and MMA in general.

One of the edits I recently picked up (like 3 days ago) is one I'm planning on referring to as half Dutch (and half Japanese) and making him somewhat of a kickboxer/submission style with PANCRASE influence.

I love kickboxing and will 100% check out Glory. Your Pride FC fandom years ago got me watching that product so much more frequently and I have such fond memories of us discussing that and KING FEDOR during Pride's golden age. It's been a while since I've seen any kickboxing and I really miss it.

*That statement does not include the new version of Kickboxer (with JCVD as Ti'en and Batista as Tong Po) currently on my DVR :lol:

BakFu888 wrote:Thank you, it's awesome to be back in the community and see how much it has grown! It's good to see familiar names are still around and going strong! :D

Agreed!!! You really came back at an awesome time too. There's so much going on with FPW and e-feds right now 8-)

I still have your Bak Fu edit on my main pack too. He's still very ... accessible for shows. Check your PM's :D

ExplosionLad

Postby ExplosionLad » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Hello everyone, I'm glad to be here.

Been a wrestling fan my whole life, but I only started watching in late 2003 . My favorites of all time are Chris Benoit, Dynamite Kid, Bret Hart, Davey Boy, Curt Hennig, Tiger Mask 1, Triple H, HBK, Kurt Angle, Mike Awesome, and some others. My ultimate moment as a fan was when Benoit went out of his way to shake my hand at a house show when I was young, and my greatest memory of watching live wrestling is seeing him win at WM20. Well here's my FirePro story.

Well this year I went and got WWE 2K14. I used to own all the SVR games and the original Smackdown games like shut your mouth. I played 2K14 and was really annoyed, I hated the gameplay, and then I saw on Steam that Fire Pro wrestling world was announced. I immediately thought of the original game. So after seeing FPW for years, I downloaded it on PSN. I have won 1 match so far....playing as Andre the Giant defeating Petey Williams. Haha. Right now I'm busy reading some Faqs, writing down the controls etc, And I'm looking for a save. If anyone can recommend a good one, I'd love to have it. I found one on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/firepro/commen ... otal_over/). I might get that one. I'm just concerned I won't have any space to make my own CAWS. And I thought you could only have 500 caws in FPW? This guy had 1000 edits.

Anyways I'm really loving it. I can't wait to sim for my e-fed. I also like this forum, it seems like it's a close tight knit community where everyone knows everyone. Glad to be apart of it. I know some of you have been playing FPW for years - and in 2017 I just started :lol:

Jesus Christ is KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:28 am

ExplosionLad wrote:Hello everyone, I'm glad to be here.

Hey ExplosionLad, welcome. Each memory card save of FPR can hold a max of 500 CAWS - EDITs as they're mean known in FPR (but that doesn't include the defaults/pre-made wrestlers already on there. Lord Worm does some amazing work and those 1000 edits would be split up over three saves - his pre-2010 wrestlers; his post 2010 wrestlers; and his tag team pack. If you're playing the PSN version, each save (memory card in the game) is a VME file. Hope that helps somewhat!

EDIT: as for other edit-makers to tide you over til WORLD's release... DJKM and desertpunk (two of the most active and prolific real-world edit makers in recent times) have masterfully covered pretty much every single side of the wrestling globe. DJKM's latest was a HUGEMMA save while desertpunk is the king of Puroresu saves (he tracks organisations and their rosters like stink on a mule).

Captain Howdy has a style of edit making that needs to be seen and simmed to believe. Excellent retro look - just amazing.

The Senator is back uploading his classic saves from back in the day (ones which are just terrific). All your old school needs from the glory days of wrestling - including the 2000s.

Phil Parent's RaveX Anthology and IamAres' work are comprehensive old school work, too. Phil ported everyone from all the old FPW games while Ares weaved his logic-making magic as an edit-making master. Oh, and Rev's work is legendary, as well. WCW/WWF/ECW - perfect looking.

Deranged-Stu put out year and promotion specific packs with tons of detailed attires and logos - even an MMA save. RobThorn has a great logo pack, too!

As for fictional packs, Giraldo Faldo has done movies, monsters, street fighter characters, comic book saves. Htiman has also done tremendous work with his DC and Marvel saves. For wacky out of this world stuff, desertpunk' Centre of the Earth wrestling packs have Cthulhu beating up zombies and urchins and gargoyles(?). It's super detailed with lore and maps, to boot.
SkullTrauma's STUFF pack is just misfit heaven - terrific looking characters (UPS men; punk rockers; Bane's roid-raging cousin) carefully thrown together to fight and fork each other to death until the ref rings the bell... or someone literally dies.

Those are just things off the top of my head, so I'm sorry to anyone I've overlooked. Be sure to check out threads on the WARENA and you'll definitely find something.
The Sinister Sensation from South of the Equator

ExplosionLad

Postby ExplosionLad » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:10 am

Wow Sooj, thanks for the tour of all the edit packs. I will totally be downloading some. I remember seeing a video of a guy on youtube with a box full of PS2 memory cards. I'm thinking that each card was a completely different roster. Really loving FPW. Let me tell you, I got back into wrestling gaming this year buying WWE 2K14. Went and made a bunch of CAWS, and wanted to run my own tournament. Well I started simming and each match lasted 4 minutes. I was terribly disappointed. This seems like the game for me totally, and with some proper edits, I'll be good to go. Don't think I'll need another wrestling game until World comes out. Today I won another match, hard fought contest, around 16 minutes I think. Right now I'm trying to figure out a pack by lord worm, I've messaged him so hopefully he can hit me up soon.

Let me clarify, so if you download let's say a 100 man edit pack, those original guys that came default with the game will still be on the roster?

I can't wait to get an edit pack working, then make my own CAWS. I've got my own E-fed I run and gonna use FPW, really pumped to get it all set up.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:03 am

ExplosionLad wrote:Let me clarify, so if you download let's say a 100 man edit pack, those original guys that came default with the game will still be on the roster?

No problem - they're still in the game but usually edit makers like to retire the default edits (so they don't show up as selectable characters in-game). There's no way of removing them to make way for other edits, unfortunately. You can edit their names and one of their attires but that's it - no logic, parameter, or move tweaks.

ExplosionLad

Postby ExplosionLad » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:36 am

Okay thanks. That is what I noticed today, I couldn't edit anything but that on some wrestlers. I've even seen an edit pack of 50s-60s wrestlers. Really awesome. Glad I have finally decided to get this game.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:39 am

White names = defaults
Blue names = recostumed defaults
Yellow/Orange names = edits

There's never a late time to get into Fire Pro Returns - even with World around the corner.

MagicKaiju

Postby MagicKaiju » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Hey, it's Bones.

I got a new PC and forgot my password and shit. So, I made another.

Hi.

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:48 pm

MagicKaiju wrote:Hey, it's Bones.

I got a new PC and forgot my password and shit. So, I made another.

Hi.

I'm sure C-Drive can get you back into your account.

MagicKaiju

Postby MagicKaiju » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:53 pm

new year new me 2017

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:04 pm

ight den

if you wanna look like a NOOB that is
:smoking:

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:59 pm

Sooj wrote:SkullTrauma's STUFF pack is just misfit heaven - terrific looking characters (UPS men; punk rockers; Bane's roid-raging cousin) carefully thrown together to fight and fork each other to death until the ref rings the bell... or someone literally dies.

ayyy, thanks for the plug. :smoking:

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:13 am

SkullTrauma wrote:ayyy, thanks for the plug. :smoking:

SkullTrauma, I'mma need more STUFF - masked refs and watermelon luchadores. :mrgreen: Looking forward to season 3. 1 and 2 say stuck together on my PS3.

Return to “Information”