Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium Translation

brick9mm
Community Member

Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium Translation

Postby brick9mm » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:09 am

Random, completely irrelevant question that honestly doesn't really matter but a lot of you guys have been around long enough to know the answer.

SFPWX Premium is completely obsolete at this point and not really worth playing anymore. However I adore the SNES so I mess with it from time to time on my Super Everdrive.

One thing that is immensely irritating is the only translated ROM I've managed to find flubs the names of at least half the roster. They knew who Hiroshi Hase was but apparently Misawa is a cricket and Kobashi's "Cujo". Kawada's "Jack Chan" and they even name some random guy Dude Love.

I have read some posts in other places implying there are other translated roms out there. One in particular mentioned there being one that translated all of the generic names instead of substituting them for the real ones.

So the question is, have these been lost to time? Did they exist to begin with? Is there a properly translated ROM? Is there any documentation left as to how it was translated so that the errors, intentional or otherwise may be fixed?

It's ultimately pointless but if anyone knows anything about this, it's definitely you guys. There was probably more info about this on Fire Pro Club but we know what happened to that place.

mr jenzie

Re: Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium Translation

Postby mr jenzie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:55 pm

nah
only the one released by SYDRA at the end of 97

KingTengu
Community Member

Postby KingTengu » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:51 pm

I think SFPX Premium needs a more proper translation eventually. However, I feel that a Fire Pro english translation needs to be done two ways: one version with the Fire Pro names, and the second version with the real names.
Lucy is crying because of what Roman Reigns tried to do to Braun Strowman at Great Balls of Fire. Too bad for her she doesn't know that it was pre-taped (allegedly), lol. :P

Legendary Sena
Community Member

Postby Legendary Sena » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:47 pm

BRIAN's PATCHES PAGE

All the links are dead...

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:32 pm

Legendary Sena wrote:BRIAN's PATCHES PAGE

All the links are dead...

Well that sucks but it's nice to know they existed at one point

Now we can either hope someone still has them somehow or we can hunt down Brian

Didn't know there was a patch for Max Voltage 97 either

JoeNewberry
Community Member

Postby JoeNewberry » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:25 pm

I used to have all of these. Extremely weird seeing that page again. When I get home from work, I'll check to see if I still have them and let you know.
Newberry Strikes Back, Return of Joe!

baronfreebird

Postby baronfreebird » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:50 am

"SFPWX Premium is completely obsolete at this point and not really worth playing anymore."

NOT TRUE as long as the ring-outs keep flowing. BACK SWITCH BACK SWITCH BACK SWITCH FALL OUT OF RING! is never NOT hilarious.

The Patches:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/Rz4CBd4V/file.html

JoeNewberry
Community Member

Postby JoeNewberry » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:29 am

SFPWXP is also nice because it will run on my phone and tablet. None of the later games will.
Newberry Strikes Back, Return of Joe!

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:56 am

baronfreebird wrote:"SFPWX Premium is completely obsolete at this point and not really worth playing anymore."

NOT TRUE as long as the ring-outs keep flowing. BACK SWITCH BACK SWITCH BACK SWITCH FALL OUT OF RING! is never NOT hilarious.

The Patches:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/Rz4CBd4V/file.html

I'm surprised. Thanks.

However I can't get any of the translation patches to work. At first I was trying logical things like using Lunar IPS and a vanilla SFPWX Premium ROM and then when that gave me an error saying the data may be truncated or something of that sort I then tried to think outside the box, sometimes using the Sydra rom as a base and then using a variety of random IPS programs for both Windows and DOS.

Whenever I tried using the ideal English patch and it gave me errors, I'd run the game in SNES9x or ZSNES (windows/ the dos version) and it'd work fine up until I selected a mode, then it would just black screen and still play the music. Two IPS programs I used crashed and the final one I used, SNESTool for DOS didn't report any errors and the ROM ended up the same as the others only one of the "fixes" I desperately tried resulted in an in-game region lock error.

So yeah, what did you use to patch the ROM, or did you just have the files laying around? I'm at a dead-end.

freem
Everytime I am Particular

Postby freem » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:18 am

BRIAN's PATCHES PAGE wrote:SFPWXP patches should be used only with FIG format ROMs

The main problem is that nobody uses FIG format ROMs anymore, so you'd need to get some sort of tool to convert the ROM into the old format, apply the patch, then re-convert to the new format for use in today's emulators.

uCON64 seems to have options for converting SNES ROMs. I'm not fully sure of the steps required, but make sure to grab the main program as well as the frontend (the "uf-FOX-1.1-" files linked further down the page). Readme file is available here (and is of use to people who can't use the GUI for whatever reason).

At some point I'll have to figure this out myself, but it's getting late and I don't have the time to justify doing it before I pass out tonight/whatever.

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:00 am

freem wrote:
BRIAN's PATCHES PAGE wrote:SFPWXP patches should be used only with FIG format ROMs

The main problem is that nobody uses FIG format ROMs anymore, so you'd need to get some sort of tool to convert the ROM into the old format, apply the patch, then re-convert to the new format for use in today's emulators.

uCON64 seems to have options for converting SNES ROMs. I'm not fully sure of the steps required, but make sure to grab the main program as well as the frontend (the "uf-FOX-1.1-" files linked further down the page). Readme file is available here (and is of use to people who can't use the GUI for whatever reason).

At some point I'll have to figure this out myself, but it's getting late and I don't have the time to justify doing it before I pass out tonight/whatever.

Didn't catch that. Thanks. I kind of assumed the Sydra rom would be the right format given its age but I'll try it again with this.

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:25 am

Update:

Mission accomplished. Thanks to baronfreebird and freem for their invaluable assistance.

I would post the patched rom here, though I don't know if that would be against the rules so I'll refrain for now.

Update #2:
Fully functional using an EverDrive on a Super Famicom

Now all that's left to do is to somehow erase the existence of the embarrassing Sydra "translation"

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:25 pm

can you upload the update version please?

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:30 pm

dokoham wrote:can you upload the update version please?

I'll PM you and anyone who wants it the download link but I don't know if I'm allowed to post it publicly.

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:14 pm

thanks~~~~~~~~~~~

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:15 pm

brick9mm wrote:

I'll PM you and anyone who wants it the download link but I don't know if I'm allowed to post it publicly.

Always ignore the hamster.
We meese Ceese.

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:23 pm

Makar17 wrote:
brick9mm wrote:

Always ignore the hamster.

@,@

HG101
Community Member

Postby HG101 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:11 am

Y'know, there IS a simple patch from back in the day that gets all the translations right. You don't need all this complicated stuff.

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Tue May 02, 2017 4:33 am

HG101 wrote:Y'know, there IS a simple patch from back in the day that gets all the translations right. You don't need all this complicated stuff.

Not sure what you're getting at since "all this complicated stuff" was necessary to apply said simple patch from back in the day.

Unless you're referring to the widely available Sydra "translation" that gets most of the names wrong.

HG101
Community Member

Postby HG101 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:49 am

There's a patch that has all the names correct.

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Wed May 03, 2017 5:14 am

HG101 wrote:There's a patch that has all the names correct.

Yes.

I used it. As evidenced by my two screenshots above.

Rangerh
Community Member

Postby Rangerh » Wed May 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Hello,
That ucon64 is really nowhere as intuitive as i hoped to convert the rom into that old fig format, didn't managed to get the correct command lines working as while the readme list all the -- commands it does not give any example of how they should be entered and in what order :/
Can you please PM me the patched version you have obtained.

I'm very interested by using this one instead of the old patched version i've been playing with for years with all those wrong names (the one using the patch from the old romhacking translation website, so i guess it was the Sydra work), i always wished it would have been possible to edit those names yourself like in the GBA versions to fix the problem but unfortunately it wasn't possible in this older game.

EDIT : thank you very much !

HG101
Community Member

Postby HG101 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:33 am

Can't you just use auto-patching?

Theprodigyhnic
Single Post Troll

Postby Theprodigyhnic » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi can some pm me the download link for the updated rom.

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Theprodigyhnic wrote:Hi can some pm me the download link for the updated rom.

Okay.

Update, still sending the direct link to anyone who's asked but I did upload the ROM online a month or so back, not going to give any links to the specific website but it's relatively easy to find through Google, still under links for the original translation, but it's at least available which is better than before.