Fire Pro Wrestling animations?

sichomeboy

Fire Pro Wrestling animations?

Postby sichomeboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:54 am

First off,I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum. Please feel free to move it if so.

I want to ask, is anyone here into or has ever been into Fire Pro wrestling animations? Any animators here, like me? It was a small online community similar to this board here from about 1999-2003, and it was all primarily based off of Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium for the SNES.

Here's a video of some of the work captured from that 1999-2003 era. https://youtu.be/qB1FgNXemDc

If no animators, any wrestler editors for that game, SFPWXP for SNES? I'd be much interested in some of you guys giving that game a crack. My favorite of the series... but I maybe a little biased. ;)

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Re: Fire Pro Wrestling animations?

Postby Makar17 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:35 am

I used to animate, but I wasn't great at it. I like to think that I was was kinda OK. When I read your post I searched for my old animations site, but it's gone now, and with it all the animations I had. I also made a few backgrounds and crowds.
We meese Ceese.

sichomeboy

Postby sichomeboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:41 am

Hey man, I remember your name... I think I have some of your stuff. In fact i think I was looking at a couple of your arenas like a week ago. I'm like the preserver of that scene. :) I was [sic]/HomeBoy7777 not sure if that rings a bell. ;) Good to see you, if you stumble upon any old anis/work somehow please feel free to share with me. :)

phoenixnitro
Community Member

Postby phoenixnitro » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:47 am

I remember seeing the animations when I first got into Fire Pro as a whole(of course that was just all the old things, nothing new at the time. Around '07 I want to say) and being amazed. I always found myself wanting to get into the hobby but never knew where to even begin with it.

sichomeboy

Postby sichomeboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:15 pm

Well I guess no other animators... that's ok. Anyone here into editing for X Premium though? If you haven't played it I'd think you guys might be surprised how much it holds up to Returns.

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:24 pm

sichomeboy wrote:Hey man, I remember your name... I think I have some of your stuff. In fact i think I was looking at a couple of your arenas like a week ago. I'm like the preserver of that scene. :) I was [sic]/HomeBoy7777 not sure if that rings a bell. ;) Good to see you, if you stumble upon any old anis/work somehow please feel free to share with me. :)

Yes, I remember you. And also Maul, Battery Acid and others. It was a fun time. I made a few front style rings and arenas. The last I found about was a site with booyah in it's name. I remember I found most of my stuff there, but that's gone now. I think that is a shame because I lost everything I had and made. It's good to see you. You are welcome to stick around. This is a great community.
We meese Ceese.

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:35 pm

me (as adamecw) and kactus ken pretty much started that whole scene in sfpwxp back in 97-98.

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:38 pm

I didn't know you were kactus ken AdamECW.
Last edited by Makar17 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We meese Ceese.

sichomeboy

Postby sichomeboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Whats the link to your old page? Yeah sfpwxp.booyah is also down nowadays, but the latest board still exists, which some people do occasionally still check in. http://sfpwxp2.proboards.com/ Also some older animators who never found that board were popping up on some of my youtube comments, so it's kinda neat (I think) that after all these years most of all of us still have some fond memories of doing that stuff when we were younger. I still wish I could go back in time and save as much as I could.

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:44 pm

Makar17 wrote:I didn't know you were kactus ken.

I was AdamECW. I said me and Kactus Ken. No idea what became of him.

sichomeboy wrote:Whats the link to your old page?

SFPWXP Dungeon. Any content besides my actual save has been dead for years though.

sichomeboy

Postby sichomeboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:44 pm

SkullTrauma wrote:me (as adamecw) and kactus ken pretty much started that whole scene in sfpwxp back in 97-98.

Wow haven't heard those names in awhile... Yeah I do remember you guys were like some of the "veterans" when I came in... wow. So this IS the place where some of you have flocked to. Good to hear from you too. I'll check out your link too, thanks. Ha, looks like your old SRM link still works... I'll be checking that out. ;)
Last edited by sichomeboy on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:45 pm

:smoking:

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:48 pm

SkullTrauma wrote:

I said that I didn't know you were AdamECW.

Anyway, my old site was http://www.hhwcreations.8m.com/ but that thing was taken over by some japanese thing.
We meese Ceese.

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Makar17 wrote:I said that I didn't know you were AdamECW.

perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me in my old age. ;)

it only gets brought up in places like my introductory post as ST at FPC or when reminiscing about the SFPWXP scene.

sichomeboy

Postby sichomeboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:58 pm

Makar17 wrote:
SkullTrauma wrote:

I said that I didn't know you were AdamECW.

Anyway, my old site was http://www.hhwcreations.8m.com/ but that thing was taken over by some japanese thing.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021129165130/http://hhwcreations.8m.com/

Unfortunately none of your arenas/animations are accessible :( but still, maybe a trip back in time for you :)

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 pm

I check that board every now and then. I have browsed through it looking for my stuff, but I can't find anything. If you have anything made by me, I would appreciate it if you drop me a link.
We meese Ceese.

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 pm

holy shit, i remember that site.

FLASHBACK!!

sichomeboy

Postby sichomeboy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:03 am

SkullTrauma wrote:FPC

??? Is this another current Fire Pro board? Link?

Makar17 wrote:

I check that board every now and then. I have browsed through it looking for my stuff, but I can't find anything. If you have anything made by me, I would appreciate it if you drop me a link.

Sure, bud. It may not be much but I'll try to round up everything of yours I have.

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:04 am

sichomeboy wrote:

Fire Pro Club is dead.

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:08 am

sichomeboy wrote:

Makar17 wrote:

Sure, bud. It may not be much but I'll try to round up everything of yours I have.

Thanks. I'll make sure to cry while looking at it, remembering when I was younger and wondering where time went.
We meese Ceese.

sichomeboy

Postby sichomeboy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:09 am

SkullTrauma wrote:
sichomeboy wrote:

Fire Pro Club is dead.

Oh. Well I'm glad I found this place... kinda makes me want to animate or maybe just make a new, updated, current SRM or something, ha.

sichomeboy

Postby sichomeboy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:39 am

SkullTrauma wrote:

I found only one of your stills saved on my comp... still, maybe you'll want it? :)

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:40 am

:markout:

RagDas
Community Member

Postby RagDas » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:36 am

I was never a part of this community (it was a thing before I was even regularly on the internet), but this is without a doubt the coolest thing ever. Not just in terms of content, but I didn't know you guys found such value even in Super Fire Pro. The guys in this community seem to find infinite replay/reuse value in all things Fire Pro.

EDIT: I did some digging into the scene. I found a few old animations, but pretty much everything from 2001 and prior is dead. I even found Kactus Ken's old webpage, and it has his whole history on there. Apparently his animation of Vader giving Flair a Vader Bomb was the first animation...wonder when that was made?

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to share this still. Kactus's site says this still was the first one ever made using Super Fire Pro, so I guess it bears significance to this thread.

John

Postby John » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:02 am

sichomeboy wrote:First off,I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum. Please feel free to move it if so.

I want to ask, is anyone here into or has ever been into Fire Pro wrestling animations? Any animators here, like me? It was a small online community similar to this board here from about 1999-2003, and it was all primarily based off of Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium for the SNES.

Here's a video of some of the work captured from that 1999-2003 era. https://youtu.be/qB1FgNXemDc

If no animators, any wrestler editors for that game, SFPWXP for SNES? I'd be much interested in some of you guys giving that game a crack. My favorite of the series... but I maybe a little biased. ;)

Sic, whassup.