Fire Pro Record Keeping

Timberwolf
Community Member

Fire Pro Record Keeping

Postby Timberwolf » Sun May 01, 2016 5:03 pm

I figured I'd start a thread on methods of record keeping for Fire Pro leagues, tournaments, feds, etc.

First, I'm quoting the discussion from the Q & A to get things started.

robthorn24 wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:Those of you who run offline feds, what is your method of record keeping - spreadsheet, word document, the old school pencil and notebook, etc?

And what records do you keep? All matches? Or just the title/important matches?

I'll be running a couple of my feds offline and am trying to figure out a method of record keeping that works best for me. I'm hoping to get feedback from others. Thanks.

Here's a good video from Lord Worm on his formatting using an Excel spreadsheet, as well as a download link for said spreadsheets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTdHUW2Q3W4

This is actually a timely question for me, as well. I want to use an Excel Spreadsheet for mine, although I'm going to need to figure out how to calculate the formulas. For mine, I want to create a round robin table of 24 wrestlers and have it calculate a "standings" list, based on what happens in the round robin. It's probably complicated, but there must be a way to do it.

Hopefully someone can answer Rob Thorn's question. Here's my question. I made a simple standings sheet for my shoot fighting fed (pictured below).

My question is - what is the formula for the winning percentage column? I would like for the formula to calculate the winning percentage as follows: Wins divided by (Wins + Losses) rounded to the nearest thousandth. For example, 3 wins and 1 loss would result in a winning percentage of .750. If anyone can help me implement a formula for the percentage column, I would greatly appreciate it.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Re: Fire Pro Record Keeping

Postby C-Drive » Sun May 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Your .PCT cell should contain the following formula on the first line, fill down for the rest:

Code: Select all

=B2/(B2+C2)

Make sure you set your cell format for the .PCT column to "Number" with the decimal places set to "3" for the three digit ".750".
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Sun May 01, 2016 9:12 pm

I should be able to do a wildcard for the PCT column so I don't have to fill in each row manually. I thought it was =B*/(B*+C*), but that didn't work.

For now, I filled each row manually. Thanks, C-Drive.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 pm

You can select the initial cell, then drag and select the rest of the cells in the column, then go to Edit > Fill > Down and it'll auto fill using cell positions instead of doing it manually.

You might be thinking of where you make the formula only reference a singular cell which is typically something like $B$2, where no matter how you use the fill option, that will always reference B2.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Mon May 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Thanks again, C-Drive. Much appreciated.

Nothing against Lord Worm and his awesome spreadsheets provided in the link by Rob Thorn, but LW's spreadsheets were a bit too much for me. I've always been about simplicity. Which is why I made that simple standings sheet. I do plan on adding columns that will have no bearing on the .PCT column. I've always been a data freak. Since this is a shoot fighting e-fed, I'll be adding columns like KO's, CKO's (critical KO), submission wins, submission losses, etc. . The .PCT column is the only one that will have a formula. The rest will be easy.

On another note, I wanted to throw around some ideas of keeping track of a title history. There are two ways to do it that I'm considering - a spreadsheet or a simple document. I'm leaning towards the document. I'll list a sample below. Let's call the current champion Joe and the title Heavyweight. The outline of my proposed title history might look like this.

Current Heavyweight Champion: Joe - won title on 12/12/15 from Bob via KO. 3 defenses

Past champions:
Bob - won title on 10/09/15 from Jack via submission - 2 defenses
Jack - won title on 7/09/15 in a battle royal - 3 defenses.

Basically, I would be keeping track of a title history similar to that of an FPR Title belt minus the dates. I would just let FPR keep track for me, but the problem is, FPR only keeps track of the last 10 title changes. So I figure I'd keep track of a belt's entire history this way.

The thing is, I've yet to decide if I also want to keep track of each title match as well or simply just keep track of the amount of defenses. If I wanted to keep track of each title match, I would modify the above to look like this:

Current Heavyweight Champion: Joe - won title on 12/12/15 from Bob via KO. 3 defenses
Defense 1: defeated Bob via KO on 12/26/15
Defense 2: defeated Jack via submission on 1/20/16
Defense 3: defeated Fred via KO on 3/13/16

The past champions would have a record of individual title defenses as well.

I appreciate feedback from my fellow data geeks here and hopefully figure out what is best in keeping track of a title history: document or spreadsheet? Title history with just # of defenses or title history with each defense also recorded.

PeoplesChampGB

Postby PeoplesChampGB » Sat May 07, 2016 2:48 pm

I just use Sad Git's PPV Generator. You enter your superstars, belts, factions, rules etc. You can even set your title's prestige so the lower belts are defended in the mid or lower cards. The wrestlers are based on superstar points and that determines their title shots. It even has many storylines in there that you can enable such as "Wrestler Joe has been caught with drugs, loses 50 superstar points". There are even some that changes superstars from faces to heels and vice versa. You can have a guest roster and they are booked only in PPV events. You can also customize rules for each belt and how they are defended as well as your league's rules. Its pretty expansive yet really easy to use.

Leathers
Community Member

Postby Leathers » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:47 am

PeoplesChampGB wrote:I just use Sad Git's PPV Generator. You enter your superstars, belts, factions, rules etc. You can even set your title's prestige so the lower belts are defended in the mid or lower cards. The wrestlers are based on superstar points and that determines their title shots. It even has many storylines in there that you can enable such as "Wrestler Joe has been caught with drugs, loses 50 superstar points". There are even some that changes superstars from faces to heels and vice versa. You can have a guest roster and they are booked only in PPV events. You can also customize rules for each belt and how they are defended as well as your league's rules. Its pretty expansive yet really easy to use.

sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have sad git's ppv generator? I use to have it but i cant find it anywhere
Kevin Seven - Sweet 16 2017 FPWArena March Madness Tournament
Jaeger Flippo - Sweet 16 2017 Testing it Out Tournament
Hanshin Tiger -2017 FPWA BattleBowl: The Lethal Lottery participant