General Fire Pro Q & A

forties2002
Community Member

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby forties2002 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:20 pm

SkullTrauma wrote:make him fit. I imagine Abdullah with a big Flavor Flav clock around his neck. :upsidedownlol:

Thanks. The only others that came to mind were members of the NOD, & since DLo was part of that stable too. Farooq/Simmons got rough/violent when he & Butch Reed were Doom too, not feelin Henry though. Or I could change Abby's attire like you suggested :D :D
Whoop that trick

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:59 pm

orochigeese wrote:Yeah, submissions are entirely dependent on the spirit meter of the edit.

Pins are based on both the spirit meter and health meter.

If you want to make someone submit to the Chair Illusion, try to have a lot of moves that target spirit.

Here is information on the different meters (including spirit and limb damage) from JB's guide on his old web site:

Spoiler: show
Health Meters
Wrestlers have seven separate health meters, and start a standard match with the same value in each (65,535). The way damages are calculated and health is recovered varies for each type of meter. Damage calculation formulas will be elsewhere; the focus here will be on how both these meters and the "recovery" and "endurance" stats from the skill edit section of wrestler edit mode work.

Health Meter & Recovery Power

This could be considered the "main" gauge - the wrestler's overall health statistic. The damage categories in CPU Logic (Small Damage, Near Death, etc.) and those used for countering moves are based on this, and it is a main factor in being able to kick out of pins. The "Recovery Power" stat has to do with this meter; namely, the rate at which it is recovered. Health is taken away when on the receiving end of moves that do health damage, and recovered every frame while the wrestler is not involved in a move. (30 times per game-time second, or 60 times per real-time second, as the game clock runs at double time, though there would likely be differences when running a match at a speed other than 100%.) Just how much is recovered is based on a few different things: the Recovery Power stats, and if the wrestler is standing, on the mat, or bleeding.

Standing
Normal Bleeding
Slow 2 1
Medium 3 2
Fast 4 3

Down
Normal Bleeding
Slow 3 2
Medium 4 3
Fast 5 4

Remember that there are two different stats - normal and bleeding. Once a wrestler is busted open, it uses the "bleeding" recovery value. Looking at the above tables, you can see that if a wrestler had medium "normal" recovery and fast "bleeding" recovery, they would recover health points at the same rate as normal while bleeding.

To attempt to clarify how the recovery power and counting frames work together, say there is a battle royal with three wrestlers remaining, and none of them are bleeding. Wrestler A has Slow recovery power, Wrestler B has Medium, and Wrestler C has Fast. If all three stand apart from each other for exactly five seconds, Wrestler A would recover 300 points of health, Wrestler B gains 450, while Wrestler C gets 600. If a couple hundred health points for just five seconds sounds like a lot, just remember that the full meter is over sixty-five THOUSAND, and it would take, at the very least, over nine minutes untouched to completely refill your health from zero.

Breath Meter & Breathing Technique

Breath is consumed when you attack or run, and can be taken away by being hit with moves that do breath damage. Like the health recovery stat, "Breathing Technique" doesn't affect how much breath is used when attacking or being attacked, it just deals with the amount that is recovered. The number of breath points a wrestler has affects a few things, like his movement speed, effectiveness of his own moves, and being able to kick out of a pin. Breath points are automatically regained each frame while not involved in a move, but the much more efficient way is by holding the "breathe" button (R Trigger).

Automatically
Normal Bleeding
Below 4 3
Medium 6 5
Above 8 7

Manually
Normal Bleeding
Below 96 48
Medium 112 56
Above 128 64

You can see just how much quicker it is to recover with the breathe button; somewhere between 9 to 24 times faster, depending on the situation.

This is also one meter where you can physically see the amount you have remaining, as the wrestler will move into a different state when the value reaches certain points. Thanks to Keiji Mutoh for the demonstration!

Above 50%
(normal) Between 25-50%
(speed lowered by 1) Between 3-25%
(speed lowered by 2) Below 3%
(unable to move)

Spiritual Strength Meter & Skill

Spirit. Awareness. Willpower. Whatever you want to call it, it's... uh... something. If the health meter is the main stat, then this would be a close second. Spirit seems to be the only stat factored into giving up to submission holds, and is used in conjunction with the overall health and breath values to see if you can kick out of pins. You lose awareness when being attacked by moves that do spirit damage. (ALL submission holds do this, by the way. Well, 99% of all the moves in the game do, as well...) Again, the "Spiritual Strength" skill in wrestler edit just affects the amount that you recover.

This is one meter that doesn't recover by just standing around. Some ways to recover spiritual strength are hitting your specialty/finisher moves, performing appeals, and breaking out of submission holds. The "medium" stat is the standard choice, with "poor" recovering 25% less and the "strong" option 25% more. Also unlike the first two, recovery for this meter seems to give you the same amount as normal when bleeding.

Executing Specialty Move
Poor 192
Medium 256
Strong 320

Executing Finisher Move
Poor 768
Medium 1024
Strong 1280
Performance
Poor 768
Medium 1024
Strong 1280

Breaking Submission
Poor 1152
Medium 1536
Strong 1920

There are other ways spiritual strength is lost and regained that will be explained in a later portion of the guide.

Body Part Health Meter & Endurances

There are four body part health statistics: neck, arms, back and legs. Damage taken to these parts can lower the strength of your own moves that use those parts for attack power. Body part damage is taken from moves that attack that part in some way... The body part stamina stats in wrestler edit do affect how much damage is taken to the individual parts. "Medium" would be considered average, with a "high" grade causing 25% less damage to be taken to that part and "low" grade causing 25% more damage to be inflicted. Unlike the first three meters, the body part healths can NOT be replenished at all. Once it's hurt, it's hurt.

Damaged body parts can also have other physical effects on wrestler. Leg damage will slow them down. When the leg health gets below 50%, movement speed is lowered by one; when it reaches zero, speed is lowered by one more. (Note that there are actually three speeds lower than the "Slow" option in wrestler edit that are only used in these situations. If the wrestler's leg health was at zero and breath was below 25%, it would lower the wrestler's usual speed by 4 notches.)

Andre the Giant was kind enough to show us that damage to the arms is easily noticeable as well, as the stance changes when it reaches certain values:

Above 50%
(Normal) Between 25-50%
(Damaged) Below 25%
(Extremely damaged)

The wrestler will roll around on the ground clutching a body part when its health reaches zero, because it's, like, you know, really, really hurt.

Thanks. I'll have to research what moves target spirit and go from there. Much appreciated :)

RagDas
Community Member

Postby RagDas » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:37 pm

So apparently Dos Caras in 6MS has an Octágon costume:

Wonder if any other characters have costume swaps?

Jon Justice
Community Member

Postby Jon Justice » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:10 pm

Did Spike ever release a guide or anything covering Season mode in Match Maker? There seems to be a ton of little "cutscene" events, some with really strict conditions. Hunting them down is probably the point (and actually pretty fun), I just wish there was a way to know how many exist and what bonuses they give.

Here's a short list of events I've come across. This only includes the ones I could repeat--others I got by accident and never figured out what/who triggered them.

Special matches:
-DDT: Teaming Sanshiro Takagi with Poison Sawada (vs. anyone) makes Takagi get angry and turn green before the match. Also works if you team him with Dino or several others, except Dick Togo.
-DDT: Booking any form of tag match involving Shoichi Ichimiya, but NOT involving Sanshiro Takagi, triggers a message and turns everyone into clones of Takagi.
-Dragon Gate: Booking a tag match with the Florida Brothers (vs. anyone) makes "Kenskee" Sasaki join their team, and the match becomes 3-on-2.
-NOAH: Booking KENTA and Marufuji vs. Misawa and Ogawa gives a hype message and makes it elimination rules. It appears to only work with this specific match.
-BJW: Booking Ryuji Ito vs. Jun Kasai triggers a message and makes it a deathmatch (even if it's already a deathmatch).

Grudge matches:
-NOAH/FREE: Booking Kenta Kobashi vs. Genichiro Tenryu gives a message about the new generation vs. the old.
-ZERO-1/FREE: Booking Shinjiro Ohtani vs. Shinya Hashimoto gives a message referencing them being the founders of Z-1.

Unique team intro messages:
-NOAH/AJPW: Akira Taue and Toshiaki Kawada (Holy Demon Army)
-NOAH: Takeshi Morishima and Takeshi Rikio (Double Takeshi’s)
-DDT: Seiya Morohashi and Tomohiko Hashimoto (called "Double Flag" in game, not sure of the real name)
-NJPW: Masahiro Chono and Hiroyoshi Tenzan (TenChono)
-NJPW/AJPW: Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan (TenKoji)
-ZERO-1: Shinjiro Ohtani and Masato Tanaka (Emblem)
-FREE/Z-1: Yoshihiro Takayama and Takao Omori (NO FEAR)
-USA: Kevin Nash and Scott Hall (Outsiders)

RagDas
Community Member

Postby RagDas » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Jon Justice wrote:Did Spike ever release a guide or anything covering Season mode in Match Maker? There seems to be a ton of little "cutscene" events, some with really strict conditions. Hunting them down is probably the point (and actually pretty fun), I just wish there was a way to know how many exist and what bonuses they give.

Here's a short list of events I've come across. This only includes the ones I could repeat--others I got by accident and never figured out what/who triggered them.

Special matches:
-DDT: Teaming Sanshiro Takagi with Poison Sawada (vs. anyone) makes Takagi get angry and turn green before the match. Also works if you team him with Dino or several others, except Dick Togo.
-DDT: Booking any form of tag match involving Shoichi Ichimiya, but NOT involving Sanshiro Takagi, triggers a message and turns everyone into clones of Takagi.
-Dragon Gate: Booking a tag match with the Florida Brothers (vs. anyone) makes "Kenskee" Sasaki join their team, and the match becomes 3-on-2.
-NOAH: Booking KENTA and Marufuji vs. Misawa and Ogawa gives a hype message and makes it elimination rules. It appears to only work with this specific match.
-BJW: Booking Ryuji Ito vs. Jun Kasai triggers a message and makes it a deathmatch (even if it's already a deathmatch).

Grudge matches:
-NOAH/FREE: Booking Kenta Kobashi vs. Genichiro Tenryu gives a message about the new generation vs. the old.
-ZERO-1/FREE: Booking Shinjiro Ohtani vs. Shinya Hashimoto gives a message referencing them being the founders of Z-1.

Unique team intro messages:
-NOAH/AJPW: Akira Taue and Toshiaki Kawada (Holy Demon Army)
-NOAH: Takeshi Morishima and Takeshi Rikio (Double Takeshi’s)
-DDT: Seiya Morohashi and Tomohiko Hashimoto (called "Double Flag" in game, not sure of the real name)
-NJPW: Masahiro Chono and Hiroyoshi Tenzan (TenChono)
-NJPW/AJPW: Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan (TenKoji)
-ZERO-1: Shinjiro Ohtani and Masato Tanaka (Emblem)
-FREE/Z-1: Yoshihiro Takayama and Takao Omori (NO FEAR)
-USA: Kevin Nash and Scott Hall (Outsiders)

I haven't heard of this before, but there are other potential scenarios I can offer you! You could try for example:

Tsuruta vs. Misawa
A Tiger Mask tag team match featuring all 4 of them
Shinya Hashimoto vs Naoya Ogawa (or tagging them together, i.e. HUSTLE?)
Mutoh/Muta vs Tenryu
Hayabusa and Tenryu tagging together against anyone
Kawada and Fuyuki as a team possible being announced as Footloose
I dunno if 6 man tags are a thing in this game, 'cause I've never played it, but what about Inoki, Fujinami, and Choshu against Mutoh, Chono, and Hashimoto?

Jon Justice
Community Member

Postby Jon Justice » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:20 am

RagDas wrote:I haven't heard of this before, but there are other potential scenarios I can offer you! You could try for example:

Tsuruta vs. Misawa
Mutoh/Muta vs Tenryu
I dunno if 6 man tags are a thing in this game, 'cause I've never played it, but what about Inoki, Fujinami, and Choshu against Mutoh, Chono, and Hashimoto?

Good suggestions. I tried the underlined ones to no avail. Which is odd considering Tenryu has a Hayabusa alt attire.

S-rank guys like Inoki, Jumbo, Sayama, and Fuyuki only come out of "retirement" when your reputation is really high, so it might be a while before I get to try the other ones. But I'll also retry Tenryu/Hayabusa with Fuyuki/GOEMON when I do.

RagDas
Community Member

Postby RagDas » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:35 am

Jon Justice wrote:
RagDas wrote:I haven't heard of this before, but there are other potential scenarios I can offer you! You could try for example:

Tsuruta vs. Misawa
Mutoh/Muta vs Tenryu

Good suggestions. I tried the underlined ones to no avail. Which is odd considering Tenryu has a Hayabusa alt attire.

S-rank guys like Inoki, Jumbo, Sayama, and Fuyuki only come out of "retirement" when your reputation is really high, so it might be a while before I get to try the other ones. But I'll also retry Tenryu/Hayabusa with Fuyuki/GOEMON when I do.

I have other ones in mind as well, if you wanna hear them — just didn't want to exhaust you with them. Puro history is a wonderfully diverse and deep place, after all, haha. Lemme know how the attempts go.

Jon Justice
Community Member

Postby Jon Justice » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:09 am

RagDas wrote:I have other ones in mind as well, if you wanna hear them — just didn't want to exhaust you with them. Puro history is a wonderfully diverse and deep place, after all, haha. Lemme know how the attempts go.

Certainly. My puro knowledge is limited to a specific era of a handful of companies, so anything new is cool with me.

maikeru
Community Member

Postby maikeru » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:57 am

Along with the teams you mentioned, I recall there being a team reunion intro if you put together Toru Owashi, Shuji Kondo, and Brother Yasshi, where it announces them as their Toryumon unit, Aagan Iisou (or its FIre Pro equivalent).

It might also be possible to get a reunion event with Milano/Yoshino/Anthony W. Mori as the Italian Connection.

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:59 am

I can't remember why or if there's a reason for it, but I noticed that one of my edits, a boxer with Fighter/Fighter fighting style/return style, almost always parries a grapple and proceeds to punch the opponent over and over again (as they should), even at low Ukemi settings and is capable of winning matches even with low parameters in most non-punch-based parameters. As a comparison, I tested this against an edit that has Panther/Luchador and ~215 overall parameters.

Is this normal or am I missing something?

In the meantime, I've got the boxer running with the Monster special skill and medium/low settings for breathing and recovery. They have no priorities that lead to a pinfall as they're a boxer, so they need to KO the opponent to win. This often leads to a drawn out loss as I have no other boxer characters on my roster.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Jon Justice
Community Member

Postby Jon Justice » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:16 pm

maikeru wrote:Along with the teams you mentioned, I recall there being a team reunion intro if you put together Toru Owashi, Shuji Kondo, and Brother Yasshi, where it announces them as their Toryumon unit, Aagan Iisou (or its FIre Pro equivalent).

It might also be possible to get a reunion event with Milano/Yoshino/Anthony W. Mori as the Italian Connection.

Nice, both worked. For some reason I hadn't considered 3/4-man teams, so I never would've got those. This prompted me to try a Kai En Tai reunion--Togo, TAKA, Teioh, and Hayashi (Shiryu)--which triggered a pretty cool event where they all switch into KDX gear.

I also found these in passing:
-NOAH: KENTA vs. Marufuji gives a message about them being partners.
-NOAH: Akiyama vs. Kobashi has a message about the start of their rivalry.

Edit: Crazy MAX--CIMA, SUWA, TARU, and Fuji--also has a 4-man event.

ControlFrenzy wrote:I can't remember why or if there's a reason for it, but I noticed that one of my edits, a boxer with Fighter/Fighter fighting style/return style, almost always parries a grapple and proceeds to punch the opponent over and over again (as they should), even at low Ukemi settings and is capable of winning matches even with low parameters in most non-punch-based parameters. As a comparison, I tested this against an edit that has Panther/Luchador and ~215 overall parameters.

Is this normal or am I missing something?

In the meantime, I've got the boxer running with the Monster special skill and medium/low settings for breathing and recovery. They have no priorities that lead to a pinfall as they're a boxer, so they need to KO the opponent to win. This often leads to a drawn out loss as I have no other boxer characters on my roster.

Sounds like the problem might be Fighter class. They're made specifically for combat sport, and in my experience it's pretty difficult to get an entertaining match out of them. And I think "Monster" is intended for guys like Vader, Taker, etc. (OP finishers, hard to kill). Overturn (and skills that include it) have to do with KO frequency.

I'm again going by LordMo's guides, by the way: Attack Styles, Attack Styles Pocket Edition, and Special Skills.

forties2002
Community Member

Postby forties2002 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Does anyone have a head # for spikey haired ROH Nigel McGuinness? I thought LW made him, but I couldn't locate him.
Whoop that trick

Jon Justice
Community Member

Postby Jon Justice » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:27 pm

forties2002 wrote:Does anyone have a head # for spikey haired ROH Nigel McGuinness? I thought LW made him, but I couldn't locate him.

You mean this one?

http://fprclassics.blogspot.com/2010/06 ... nness.html

Lord Worm
Dominus Haplotaxida

Postby Lord Worm » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Jon Justice wrote:
forties2002 wrote:Does anyone have a head # for spikey haired ROH Nigel McGuinness? I thought LW made him, but I couldn't locate him.

You mean this one?

Jon Justice knows what's up

forties2002
Community Member

Postby forties2002 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:45 pm

Lord Worm wrote:
Jon Justice wrote:

You mean this one?

Jon Justice knows what's up

Yep, I got it. Appreciate it.
Whoop that trick

October Raven
Community Member

Postby October Raven » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:12 am

the Reverse Figure 4 (face down leg submission) can finish opponents right?

Just making sure due to an edit test going odd
Proving Ground Championship Wrestling: Weekly TV based E-Fed
#FLSoverMLS

My YouTube Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzhF75 ... TfnVvGi8hw WATCH LIKE SUBSCRIBE RECOMMEND TO PEOPLE PLZ

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:20 am

October Raven wrote:the Reverse Figure 4 (face down leg submission) can finish opponents right?

Just making sure due to an edit test going odd

Yes, its critical is listed as finish....

October Raven
Community Member

Postby October Raven » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:41 am

hm. might need to enlist help with this then. thanks!
Proving Ground Championship Wrestling: Weekly TV based E-Fed
#FLSoverMLS

My YouTube Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzhF75 ... TfnVvGi8hw WATCH LIKE SUBSCRIBE RECOMMEND TO PEOPLE PLZ

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:32 am

Did anyone ever come up with a list of who the FPR referees real-world counterparts were?
The Spectacular Sensation from South of the Equator... It’s the Mad Bomber from Moorabbin!
Here's Timothy James, my e-Fed edit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1137254699

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:37 am

Sooj wrote:Did anyone ever come up with a list of who the FPR referees real-world counterparts were?

Panther is Tiger Hattori. Joe is Joe Higuchi. Septiego is Ted Tanabe.

..that's about as much as I know.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:52 am

brick9mm wrote:
Sooj wrote:Did anyone ever come up with a list of who the FPR referees real-world counterparts were?

Thanks, Brick - I'm just trying to match them to their promotions and other similarly-styled companies
The Spectacular Sensation from South of the Equator... It’s the Mad Bomber from Moorabbin!
Here's Timothy James, my e-Fed edit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1137254699

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:08 am

Sooj wrote:
brick9mm wrote:

Thanks, Brick - I'm just trying to match them to their promotions and other similarly-styled companies

According to "Bill Wood"'s gamefaqs FAQ
"Referee............Panther (Tiger Hattori - New Japan)
Septiego (Kyouhei Wada - All Japan)
Dai (Ted Tanabe - Michinoku)
Mr. Fair (Yuuji Shimada - PRIDE)
Rei (Daichi Murayama - ZERO-ONE MAX)
Saga (Bakery Yagi - Dragon Gate)
Imada (Mr. Soranaka - UWF)
Taki (Joe Higuchi - All Japan)
Joe (Ri Nikkan - Big Japan)
Cindy (Asano Grace Megumi - DDT"
This is somewhat inaccurate, as Joe is most certainly Joe Higuchi and I'm at least somewhat sure Septiego's Ted Tanabe. I think the FAQ might've been for the Japanese version and he got the names mixed up or something. Still, all the names there are accurate, just a bit scrambled so with the help of google you could figure out who everyone is.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:47 am

brick9mm wrote:According to "Bill Wood"'s gamefaqs FAQ...

Yeah, I always wondered about that order. But all good either way and thanks again.

RagDas
Community Member

Postby RagDas » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:08 am

Has anyone ever posted comprehensive guides for specific wrestlers from FPR? I wanna take a look at The Tiger II and American Dragon specifically, but I don't own the game nor can I play anything on the PS2 at the moment. Freem showed me a list of all their stats and characteristics, which are useful, but I want to see their moves, logic, and/or appearance guides if possible. I understand that's a pretty tall order, though, so I'll keep my expectations realistic.

Also, does FPR have any headswaps in it? I often mention these because it gives me a basis to create edits in previous games. The Wonderswan version of Stone Cold, for example, uses an edited version of Norio Honaga's head from Super Fire Pro Premium X (I edited Honaga's attire so the similarity is more salient):

EDIT:

One more request I have is for anyone who has Royce Gracie's CPU Logic from FPD. Really, I only need whichever parts of his logic have the "X+A" command in it, but yeah.

LordMo
Community Member

Postby LordMo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:08 pm

if Joe is a dude then the referee list is definitely off, as Lee Nikkan is a woman.