General Fire Pro Q & A

User avatar
forties2002
Community Member
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: KC

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby forties2002 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:53 pm

I've never given a wrestler a 10 in parameters for anything. But I'm wondering if anyone has given Strowman a 10 in power? I'm seriously thinking about it, cause he deserves it if anyone does.
Whoop that trick

User avatar
MBXfilms
Community Member
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby MBXfilms » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Gentlemensgentleman wrote:Does anyone know how to create a new jobber in Fire Pro World? A 45 point edit can give a 120 point edit a long match. How could I create a jobber for squash matches? I have fiddled with the ukemi a bit but hasn't made a big difference.


I have tried this. I had one with all ukemi and one without.
What can work is the one with full ukemi is the face jobber. He will take the beating, but the ukemi will possibly give him a boost later to kick out of an impossible finisher, so not much of a jobber. They will still lose with no stats and AI of doing only weak grapple punchs.

The one with no ukemi is like a heel, he will block a lot of moves and look like he is being a total ass, but he will lose in the end with no stats and crappy moves and AI.

But the match time is still pretty high even for them.

forties2002 wrote:I've never given a wrestler a 10 in parameters for anything. But I'm wondering if anyone has given Strowman a 10 in power? I'm seriously thinking about it, cause he deserves it if anyone does.


The scale is there for a reason, nothing wrong with a 10. Especially if they are kinda the best at their stat.
One thing though, if he has a lot of power moves, he will really be over powered via repetition.
But say, my Shawn Michaels with 10 Kick, but he has no other kicks moves except his Super Kicks. Not even a drop kick or anything using the stat, so it's only powering his finish.

But 10 is an option, so don't be afraid to give it to extreme cases, it's not that over powering really.

User avatar
lariatooo
Community Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:20 pm
Location: Cincinnati

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby lariatooo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:13 am

LordMo wrote:EXTREME longshot here (maybe I should be asking Phil, whoops): I have a giant list of all the fake names ever in Fire Pro history. However, there's an entry for Hiromi Yagi's "Masked Angel Rosetta" character.

... Who isn't in any of the games that I can tell, and I can't find her on the Japanese wiki page of the entire Fire Pro roster.

... Does anybody have ANY sort of idea where I might've gotten that name from?


May I get that list?

User avatar
LordMo
Community Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:17 am

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby LordMo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:53 am

lariatooo wrote:
LordMo wrote:EXTREME longshot here (maybe I should be asking Phil, whoops): I have a giant list of all the fake names ever in Fire Pro history. However, there's an entry for Hiromi Yagi's "Masked Angel Rosetta" character.

... Who isn't in any of the games that I can tell, and I can't find her on the Japanese wiki page of the entire Fire Pro roster.

... Does anybody have ANY sort of idea where I might've gotten that name from?


May I get that list?


Soitenly!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Here it is, in all of its not-updated-seriously-for-a-year glory. Rife with typos, mistranslations, unfinished translations, redundancies, bits where I accidentally had characters listed twice since I wasn't aware they were the same person under different gimmicks, etc.

User avatar
lariatooo
Community Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:20 pm
Location: Cincinnati

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby lariatooo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:42 pm

LordMo wrote:
lariatooo wrote:
LordMo wrote:EXTREME longshot here (maybe I should be asking Phil, whoops): I have a giant list of all the fake names ever in Fire Pro history. However, there's an entry for Hiromi Yagi's "Masked Angel Rosetta" character.

... Who isn't in any of the games that I can tell, and I can't find her on the Japanese wiki page of the entire Fire Pro roster.

... Does anybody have ANY sort of idea where I might've gotten that name from?


May I get that list?


Soitenly!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Here it is, in all of its not-updated-seriously-for-a-year glory. Rife with typos, mistranslations, unfinished translations, redundancies, bits where I accidentally had characters listed twice since I wasn't aware they were the same person under different gimmicks, etc.



Dude, still. THANK you. That is so rad. One idea I've had is combing Japanese sites for roster info for games like fipro and vpw and then using Google translate. We'll see what comes of it. But again, man, thanks. I love this stuff.

Edit: Any way to get ahold of these lists of stats and logic info for games past tgat I've heard of?

User avatar
RagDas
Community Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby RagDas » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:15 pm

Does anyone know who the commentary team was for New Japan in the mid-1990s? In Fire Pro 6MS, there's the time keeper/ring announcer (in the blue marching band outfit), a man in a red suit with glasses, and a heavyset man who looks VERY familiar. I want to identify this latter commentator, because he looks so familiar to me.

Image

Furthermore, I've not seen any photos of the commentary team in World. From what I gather, they're usually facing away from the camera. If they're ever facing the front, could anyone show what they look like? Maybe identify their face? Recreate them as an Edit?
Image

User avatar
fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!
Posts: 1861
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:34 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada, Eh?
Contact:

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby fullbug » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:35 pm

Could someone tell me how to, step by step, create my own save in my file on steam, and then how to transfer subscribed edits into my save? I have the game, but my computer runs it REALLY slow, maybe that's why I am having trouble navigating and figuring things out, but if I can at least do this I can tinker around with edits until I can get a better computer.....I know Freem told me the first steps, but I didn't get anywhere with it.....
Even a link to a tutorial would be helpful if there is one.....
Last edited by fullbug on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
forties2002
Community Member
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: KC

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby forties2002 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:44 am

Is the 8th Kuruma move for Down or Dazed? I was guessing for Down, but wanted to make sure.
Whoop that trick

User avatar
Ria
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:03 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby Ria » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:38 am

forties2002 wrote:Is the 8th Kuruma move for Down or Dazed? I was guessing for Down, but wanted to make sure.


Down. If you're familiar with PAC/Neville, it's the same move as his Red Arrow I.E. A twisting shooting star press

User avatar
forties2002
Community Member
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: KC

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby forties2002 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:13 pm

Ria wrote:
forties2002 wrote:Is the 8th Kuruma move for Down or Dazed? I was guessing for Down, but wanted to make sure.


Down. If you're familiar with PAC/Neville, it's the same move as his Red Arrow I.E. A twisting shooting star press


THanks. I was doing logic for Ospreay and realized I don't have anything for Dazed, only Down. Guess I'll have to add something.
Whoop that trick

User avatar
JonIsDude
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:49 am
Contact:

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby JonIsDude » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Does anyone have access to the Damage Calculator App that Jason Blackhart created? Would they be willing to share? :O

Found something else that might help. Its a spreadsheet calculator: https://www.facebook.com/groups/7440237 ... 620867864/

SuperKirby64
Single Post Troll
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:21 am

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby SuperKirby64 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:27 am

Just recently found out that returns has an S-1 match. I kinda understand what it is but is it as fun as the other modes like gruesome fighting and swa rules?

User avatar
Rangerh
Community Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby Rangerh » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:35 pm

On the GBA Final Fire Pro Wrestling, i observed in some sim sometime a wrestler that will climb the turnbuckle while his opponent is down, but once he's up there instead of using one of his dive move he'll wait 2 or 3 seconds (the referee even counts) until the opponent is back on his feet and then he climb down the turnbuckle.

I can't seem to find what logic or parameter is responsible of this behaviour, as it's does not happen often.
I know it has happened in nearly every Fire Pro that ever existed, but by any chances anyone knows what actually control this ?

User avatar
SpiderFab4
Community Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby SpiderFab4 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:39 pm

SuperKirby64 wrote:Just recently found out that returns has an S-1 match. I kinda understand what it is but is it as fun as the other modes like gruesome fighting and swa rules?


It's not really that fun actually. S-1 is basically SWA without being allowed to do moves and slams and stuff, just punches. It's basically only for boxers.
Get your Hanes on, lace up your Nikes, grab your Wheaties and your Gatorade and we'll pick up a Big Mac on the way to the ball park.

User avatar
forties2002
Community Member
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: KC

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby forties2002 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 pm

What's the one thing in logic and or skills that you guys think can have the most immediate positive impact on a wrestlers ability? I know sometimes switching a skill to high helps.
Whoop that trick

User avatar
RagDas
Community Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby RagDas » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Does anyone have the list of associated counters that come with each Attack and Return style? I specifically want to know the ones that come with having Technician for both, if that's possible.
Image

User avatar
DynamiteDM
Community Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:16 am

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby DynamiteDM » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Well, the FPW Returns list is still proper. Figures...

Spoiler: show
Test of Strength:

Orthodox: Elbow Butt
Technician: Drop Toe Hold
Wrestling: Double Wrist Armsault
Ground: Single-Leg takedown
Power: Hammer Blow
American: Drop Toe Hold
Junior: Drop Toe Hold
Lucha: Cyclone Whip
Heel: Headbutt
Mysterious: Elbow butt
Shooter: Judo takedown (actually I should check if this is the judo throw or the actual legsweep mount)
Fighter: Kneelift
Grappler: Single-Leg takedown
Panther: Drop Toe Hold
Giant: Hammer Blow
Vicious: Knuckle Arrow

Actually, while I'm at it...
R-TRIGGER HEADLOCK COUNTERS:
Orthodox, Luchador, Vicious: Double wrist armsault
Technician, Junior, Mysterious: Drop toe hold
Power, American, Heel, Fighter, Giant: Body punch
All-Round, Shooter, Grappler: Single leg takedown

FRONT PICKUP COUNTERS:
Orthodox, Power, American, Fighter, Giant: Body punch
Technician, Junior, Luchador: Drop toe hold
Heel, Mysterious; Face claw
All-Round, Shooter, Grappler, Vicious: Single-leg takedown

BACK PICKUP COUNTERS:
Technician, Luchador, All-Round: Forward rolling prawn hold
American, Heel, Mysterious: Back groin kick
Every other Return class: Back elbow

GROUND ATTACK FACE-UP COUNTERS:
Grappler: Takedown to mount
Everyone else: Overhead kick (head)/face kick (legs)


some general trends:

Heel, Power, and Giant will "soak" a strike as often as possible, usually blocking or sticking their chest out when everyone else is ducking and dodging

When reversing a Run Counter grab (NOT a strike) Junior, Lucha, and All-Round will dodge most of the time. Almost everyone else will go for a kneelift.

Heel will almost always go for some sort of strike or foul play when reversing a grapple.

Junior can reverse any THROWING suplex (doesn't seem to apply to whipping) by landing on their feet. As far as I'm seeing, this is exclusive to them.

Shooter, Fighter, and Junior will usually go for "middle kick" instead of the standard "Kick" counter.

Shooter, Fighter, Grappler, and Giant seem to be the only ones who have built-in reversals for Weak Front Grapple attacks. They also seem to have reversal moves built-in for moves they have zero chance of reversing.

Shooter and Vicious will reverse certain kicks into an Achilles Tendon hold. Sometimes Junior will, too.

Generally, if a move's reversal involves carrying, slams, etc., then Shooter, Fighter, and Grappler will always go for the "realistic" way out and go for a takedown, a simple strike, or just sandbagging the chump and making them fall flat on their face.

When countering a big power move, Luchas will usually counter the motion into a pin, Technicians will sneak in a pin before the opponent can lift them up, and Juniors tend to do "impact" reversals (ie, a Frankensteiner instead of a Huracanrana)


Quoting Old Baby's post.
Image

User avatar
RagDas
Community Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby RagDas » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:41 pm

DynamiteDM wrote:Well, the FPW Returns list is still proper. Figures...

Spoiler: show
Test of Strength:

Orthodox: Elbow Butt
Technician: Drop Toe Hold
Wrestling: Double Wrist Armsault
Ground: Single-Leg takedown
Power: Hammer Blow
American: Drop Toe Hold
Junior: Drop Toe Hold
Lucha: Cyclone Whip
Heel: Headbutt
Mysterious: Elbow butt
Shooter: Judo takedown (actually I should check if this is the judo throw or the actual legsweep mount)
Fighter: Kneelift
Grappler: Single-Leg takedown
Panther: Drop Toe Hold
Giant: Hammer Blow
Vicious: Knuckle Arrow

Actually, while I'm at it...
R-TRIGGER HEADLOCK COUNTERS:
Orthodox, Luchador, Vicious: Double wrist armsault
Technician, Junior, Mysterious: Drop toe hold
Power, American, Heel, Fighter, Giant: Body punch
All-Round, Shooter, Grappler: Single leg takedown

FRONT PICKUP COUNTERS:
Orthodox, Power, American, Fighter, Giant: Body punch
Technician, Junior, Luchador: Drop toe hold
Heel, Mysterious; Face claw
All-Round, Shooter, Grappler, Vicious: Single-leg takedown

BACK PICKUP COUNTERS:
Technician, Luchador, All-Round: Forward rolling prawn hold
American, Heel, Mysterious: Back groin kick
Every other Return class: Back elbow

GROUND ATTACK FACE-UP COUNTERS:
Grappler: Takedown to mount
Everyone else: Overhead kick (head)/face kick (legs)


some general trends:

Heel, Power, and Giant will "soak" a strike as often as possible, usually blocking or sticking their chest out when everyone else is ducking and dodging

When reversing a Run Counter grab (NOT a strike) Junior, Lucha, and All-Round will dodge most of the time. Almost everyone else will go for a kneelift.

Heel will almost always go for some sort of strike or foul play when reversing a grapple.

Junior can reverse any THROWING suplex (doesn't seem to apply to whipping) by landing on their feet. As far as I'm seeing, this is exclusive to them.

Shooter, Fighter, and Junior will usually go for "middle kick" instead of the standard "Kick" counter.

Shooter, Fighter, Grappler, and Giant seem to be the only ones who have built-in reversals for Weak Front Grapple attacks. They also seem to have reversal moves built-in for moves they have zero chance of reversing.

Shooter and Vicious will reverse certain kicks into an Achilles Tendon hold. Sometimes Junior will, too.

Generally, if a move's reversal involves carrying, slams, etc., then Shooter, Fighter, and Grappler will always go for the "realistic" way out and go for a takedown, a simple strike, or just sandbagging the chump and making them fall flat on their face.

When countering a big power move, Luchas will usually counter the motion into a pin, Technicians will sneak in a pin before the opponent can lift them up, and Juniors tend to do "impact" reversals (ie, a Frankensteiner instead of a Huracanrana)


Quoting Old Baby's post.


Thanks a bunch!
Image

User avatar
FlashBurton
Community Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby FlashBurton » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Long, long shot here but can anyone help me with older Fire Pro's grapple timing?

I'm talking about SFPW FB 3 & the previous games here, the grapple animation is, well, none existent. Both guy's just lock up. I've read you press when their knee's bend, but their knees are bent straight away so that would mean pressing as soon as they lock up which doesn't bring much joy. I've managed to pull off the odd bodyslam but I'm really not sure what the timing is

ETA: I sussed it after another hour or so, the knees do bend but I thought it was as in they were bending to pull off a move, that's when you go for it & man it's a tight window

Kristofferson
Community Member
Posts: 684
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 8:38 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby Kristofferson » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:23 pm

I always thought the aim was to time the button press for the "clap" sound of the grapple,

User avatar
FlashBurton
Community Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Re: General Fire Pro Q & A

Postby FlashBurton » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Kristofferson wrote:I always thought the aim was to time the button press for the "clap" sound of the grapple,


Yeah, that's right but I'm talking about the old SNES Fire Pro's, pre-SFPWX, there's no grapple sound or much in terms of animation. I figured it out now anyway, it's really tough, it's no wonder they eased it up later in the series


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests