Is Fire Pro World the best one in the series so far?

jessestu291
Community Member

Is Fire Pro World the best one in the series so far?

Postby jessestu291 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Or do you prefer one of the previous games? If so, why?

JDP
Community Member

Re: Is Fire Pro World the best one in the series so far?

Postby JDP » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:18 pm

I'd argue for the sheer accessibility of the workshop, and the fact we have a shot of getting new moves, edit parts, and what have you added basically whenever the developers have time and the desire to do so that yes - it's probably the best one.

But there may be some stuff from past games people are bummed haven't been carried over yet, such as gradients or the ability to do certain things without modding.
My Horrific Creations!: JDP's Delightful Grapplers

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:00 pm

That Fire Pro World also fixes many of the decades old engine problems and limitations, I would have to go with World being the best of the series. Once they add in management of rings mode and the NJPW career mode it will also bump FPG and the Fire Pro GBA games down a notch. Now if we can just get some of the forgotten venues like the outdoor arena from FPZ and the electrified steel cage from G and D along with improved explody effects it would be the definitive Fire Pro title.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:24 pm

World has done a ton to fix previous problems with games in the series. However, I can't really judge it as the best of the series yet since it is technically still not completed.
ImageImage ImageImage

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:42 pm

I think it would be tough to argue that it's not the best of the series, although it has some flaws that make it less accessible to me than Returns. I got used to swapping saves so easily with Returns but it seems like most of my time on World is deleting downloaded wrestlers one by one by one, then subscribing to a whole bunch, then putting them in alphabetical order. Seriously, if we just had an alphabetical auto sort option I would poop myself with joy.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:01 am

Great base game features (workshop support, ring editing and the ability to import image files for them, bug fixes) and the ability to mod the game to turn it into something even better makes it the best in the series by far.

Besides QoL UI features, improved menu performance and the incoming DLC I don't think it really needs anything else.

DM_PSX
Community Member

Postby DM_PSX » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:29 am

Being able to use more and different priority slots, drawing my own logos on my pen monitor and throwing them right into my game painlessly, and instantly recording and uploading with OBS puts it lightyears ahead of the other games. The other improvements not withstanding.

I miss some of the buildings though.

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:13 pm

Old Baby wrote:I think it would be tough to argue that it's not the best of the series, although it has some flaws that make it less accessible to me than Returns. I got used to swapping saves so easily with Returns but it seems like most of my time on World is deleting downloaded wrestlers one by one by one, then subscribing to a whole bunch, then putting them in alphabetical order. Seriously, if we just had an alphabetical auto sort option I would poop myself with joy.

I can't be 100% sure, but I believe Carl's mod suite gives you the option to sort alphabetically.

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Timberwolf wrote:
Old Baby wrote:I think it would be tough to argue that it's not the best of the series, although it has some flaws that make it less accessible to me than Returns. I got used to swapping saves so easily with Returns but it seems like most of my time on World is deleting downloaded wrestlers one by one by one, then subscribing to a whole bunch, then putting them in alphabetical order. Seriously, if we just had an alphabetical auto sort option I would poop myself with joy.

I can't be 100% sure, but I believe Carl's mod suite gives you the option to sort alphabetically.

It does.

Of the other games I only played Returns very much and this is like Returns+ so it's the best for me.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:08 pm

The mods also allow you to delete multiple wrestlers at once, using in-game stables as groups (great if you have a garbage bin stable) or searching individually. It's an even better option than Freem's tool when it comes to roster organization.

Phoenix7786

Postby Phoenix7786 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 am

Never thought I'd ever say this but Steam is arguably the best thing to happen to Firepro.

Cycklops

Postby Cycklops » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:46 am

I played heavily through SFPWXP (dreaming about being able to put arm accessories on wrestlers, and my high school friend asking me why Kevin Nash had a gut, my answer "because the real Nash has a gut"), Fire Pro G, and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. I even played a tiny bit of Fire Pro A.

Yes, Fire Pro World is BY FAR the best game. They've fixed a lot of small things about R that were annoying, and the Mods are UNBELIEVABLE.