thanks for the add, now for the fun. ECW Tournament

mrselfdestruct

thanks for the add, now for the fun. ECW Tournament

Postby mrselfdestruct » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm planning to run a 16-man ECW Tournmanent, Who do you reccomend for participants?

Kristofferson
Community Member

Re: thanks for the add, now for the fun. ECW Tournament

Postby Kristofferson » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Sabu, Funk, Dreamer, Taz, Sandman, Douglas, Raven, Whipwreck, Bigelow, Awesome, Credible, Rhyno, Lynn, Corino, Van Dam, Scorpio

mrselfdestruct

Postby mrselfdestruct » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:06 am

how do i use custom rings? seem to be plenty out there and i subscribed.. they just aren't wroking

JDP
Community Member

Postby JDP » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:15 pm

For an ECW tourney I'd use a variety of different people who are considered to be legendary from the standpoint of ECW roster members (i.e. significant to ECW, but might not really have made it outside of ECW)

1. "The Franchise" Shane Douglas (First ever ECW champion, or at least this version of ECW. No brainer)
2. "Whole F'n Show" Rob Van Dam (Longest reigning champion in ECW history, made TV title bigger than World title)
3. "Innovator of Violence" Tommy Dreamer (heart and soul of the entire company)
4. Bubba Ray Dudley (one half of the most famous ECW tag team champions in the company's history)
5. D-Von Dudley (the other half - both Bubba and D-Von were known for being so over as heel they caused riots)
6. "Man Beast" Rhyno (Final ECW champion in history, if you don't count that whole WWE ECW thing)
7. Terry Funk (helped basically put ECW on the map with his star power when nobody knew about it or the people within it.)
8. The Sandman (one of the more known and popular ECW guys, and remained there the entire time)
9. "Human Suplex Machine" Taz (one of, if not the most dominant champion in ECW history)
10. "Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal, Death Defying" Sabu (Like Sandman, he's one of the company's biggest stars and longest tenured)
11. Raven (His feud with Dreamer is one of the things that really got ECW's popularity going, as was his feud with Sandman)

Those 11 I feel are all the no-brainer options. The people most people, I think, would immediately think of when they think about ECW. But here are a few bigger name roster guys for the remaining 5 slots.

12. Justin Credible (former world, and tag champ. Had a few memorable feuds with guys like Dreamer, and Lynn)
13. "New F'n Show" Jerry Lynn (Long tenured ECW roster member, and known for big rivalries with Credible, and RVD)
14. Mike Awesome (one of the more controversial ECW figures due to how he left the company while being booked as a dominant champion)
15. Mikey Whipwreck (Long tenured roster member, and one of the more popular guys. Former world champ, and tag champ)
16. "Little" Spike Dudley (Long tenured, and extremely popular. Feuded with many world champions, and his own "family.")

In order to use ring graphics everything has to go into the appropriate folders in your in game folder (probably C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Fire Prowrestling World). Within that folder will be a folder named "Decal" which has the following sub-sections folders: Apron (the ring aprons go here. You can have two and set both sides individually), Cornermat (turnbuckle pads go here), Mat (the actual ring canvas itself), and Post (the back of the steel turnbuckle post, like where the nXt logo is on the nXt ring). Just make sure your subscribed files are in the appropriate section and then go to create a new ring and select that image file at the appropriate option within the editor.
My Horrific Creations!: JDP's Delightful Grapplers