FPZ Story Mode Characters

RagDas
Community Member

FPZ Story Mode Characters

Postby RagDas » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:52 am

I just stumbled upon JB's thread on this topic, and I'm super curious as to the context of some of these guys' inclusion in stories. Why is there a Rickson Gracie Jr.? Why does Sakuraba face off against all the Tiger Masks? Why does Misawa, at some point, wear a Sakuraba Machine mask as Tiger Mask? Who is Tigre? I'm sure I have more questions, but these are the most pertinent ones.

Phil Parent
Community Member

Re: FPZ Story Mode Characters

Postby Phil Parent » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:35 pm

The stories could take an alt reality or straight up fictional turn.

I'm thinking there's a Sakuraba Jr. VS Rickson Jr. match in there somewhere. With Sakuraba Jr. beating the son of the one Gracie his dad couldn't beat, or something of that nature.

Tigre is Sakuraba as Tiger Mask.

Tiger Killer is Sakuraba as a Tiger Mask assassin.

I'm porting all of them to FPR, it's my training camp prior to World. Very interesting set. Having official Mutoh/Chono/Hashimoto/Misawa/Takayama/Sakuraba/Onita as young lions is a big get.

SluggBugg
Serious Business

Postby SluggBugg » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Phil Parent wrote:The stories could take an alt reality or straight up fictional turn.

I'm thinking there's a Sakuraba Jr. VS Rickson Jr. match in there somewhere. With Sakuraba Jr. beating the son of the one Gracie his dad couldn't beat, or something of that nature.

I'm porting all of them to FPR, it's my training camp prior to World. Very interesting set. Having official Mutoh/Chono/Hashimoto/Misawa/Takayama/Sakuraba/Onita as young lions is a big get.

Awesome! As someone who only messed around a little with G and D before fully immersing in R, I am fascinated by all the stuff I missed from the previous versions.
The EMPEROR of ELBOWS...The KING of KO's...The BIG BAD BOSS of BOWS!

jartry
Community Member

Postby jartry » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:50 pm

me2
that sounds indeed awesome
ImageImage

RagDas
Community Member

Postby RagDas » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:30 am

Phil Parent wrote:The stories could take an alt reality or straight up fictional turn.

The big get for me is Kishin Liger, haha. I'm porting him over to FPG as we speak. If JB ever gets around to figuring out those Edit Ranking characters, they'd also be a pretty sweet addition to your project. "Elbow" Hikawa (a young version of Misawa I guess?), Mr. T, Mask de Gigantes, and all the other fictional characters that never made another appearance would be novel.

Jason Blackhart
Community Member

Postby Jason Blackhart » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:34 pm

I had planned to follow up the save/template post with a more in-depth breakdown of the story mode data (characters, specific matches, etc.), but never got around to it, obviously...

There is a Kazushi Sakuraba & Kazushi Sakuraba, Jr. vs Rickson Gracie & Rickson Gracie, Jr. match as the ending of some story paths.

"Killer Tiger" is his gimmick if he winds up in NOAH, where he takes part in a battle royal with all 4 Tiger Masks.

"Tigre" is his alternate gimmick if he goes to All-Japan.

RagDas
Community Member

Postby RagDas » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:39 pm

It's sad if you consider what happened to Rockson Gracie. It was Rockson's death that led to Rickson retiring for good, after all, before any match with Sakuraba could take place. In any case, I'm thinking Rickson Jr.'s also possible to recreate in G, so I'm once again grateful, JB!

EDIT: Does anyone actually have footage of the match or the pre-match dialogue? I'm curious about the circumstances.

lariatooo
Community Member

Postby lariatooo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:41 am

I had Z, well, STILL have Z and I never played all the way through any story mode. Damn me, because all this sounds amazing.

IQWrestler-39

Postby IQWrestler-39 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:09 pm

lariatooo wrote:I had Z, well, STILL have Z and I never played all the way through any story mode. Damn me, because all this sounds amazing.

Me too haha, I bought it online for like $10 and have yet to have the chance to open it and play but this story mode sounds really awesome so I might have to make it a priority. Does anyone know of a translation guide for the story mode online anywhere? Thanks in advance for any help.

lariatooo
Community Member

Postby lariatooo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:35 am

I paid $80 to get Z on release date. Pre-order through an import store. Those were strange, expensive times.