Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium

2Cool4Pool

Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium

Postby 2Cool4Pool » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:46 am

Hey all, I got a question for anyone who has played this Super Famicom classic...

I got the game not too long ago and it's absolutely fantastic, but how do I unlock the hidden characters? I beat both the World Championship match mode and the Title Match mode and I'm not seeing any additional characters appear. I did it with the Misawa clone(forearms are great for KOs!) and two stars appear by his name in the selection screen but I don't see any of the hidden characters! I really want to play as Ric Flair!

HG101
Community Member

Re: Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium

Postby HG101 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Do you have the actual cartridge or are you playing on an emulator?

If you're playing the cartridge you need to get three stars by their name. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. I think there are two separate tournaments you have to go through in Title Match mode. Try that if you haven't already.

If you're playing on an emulator then I'll hook you up with a 100% unlocked save (plus SRAMs with TONS of edit wrestlers).

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Anyone know where I could find a emulator and the game as well? Would love to try that out, besides FPWR I have never played another Fire pro game....

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:49 pm

fullbug wrote:Anyone know where I could find a emulator and the game as well?

In order of my recommendations:

1. Retroarch - is great for an all around emulator but has a learning curve
  2. higan - best as a standalone piece of software for snes emulation
  3. snes9x - an old standby

The game itself - google the following and find a website:

"name of game" rom

Please, no one provide any direct links to any roms.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

2Cool4Pool

Postby 2Cool4Pool » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:00 pm

HG101 wrote:Do you have the actual cartridge or are you playing on an emulator?

If you're playing the cartridge you need to get three stars by their name. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. I think there are two separate tournaments you have to go through in Title Match mode. Try that if you haven't already.

If you're playing on an emulator then I'll hook you up with a 100% unlocked save (plus SRAMs with TONS of edit wrestlers).

I'm playing on the real deal! But thanks, I must be missing one of the modes, I'll see what I can find. Thanks!

HG101
Community Member

Postby HG101 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:44 pm

fullbug wrote:Anyone know where I could find a emulator and the game as well? Would love to try that out, besides FPWR I have never played another Fire pro game....

I use ZSNES since it has auto-patching. For the ROM it shouldn't be hard to find. If you absolutely can't find it then PM me and I'll walk you through finding it on your own.

I can also hook you up with saves for the game and 100% unlocked files so you don't have to play the 100+ matches needed to unlock everything.

Also, I'm still working on my X Premium saves that I announced a while back, so look out for those if you're interested in more new content for the game.

2Cool4Pool wrote:
HG101 wrote:Do you have the actual cartridge or are you playing on an emulator?

I'm playing on the real deal! But thanks, I must be missing one of the modes, I'll see what I can find. Thanks!

I fired it up just to double check. I think I was mistaken about the three stars thing, but I believe I got the rest right. When you start Title Match mode it should give you two options. Each is a separate tournament. You need to complete both of them.

If you're still having trouble just let me know.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:10 am

I tried the GBA FPW games but couldn't get into them, after being spoiled by FPR.
Would you guys recommend X Premium over the GBA titles in terms of single player gameplay?
The Spectacular Sensation from South of the Equator... It’s the Mad Bomber from Moorabbin!
Here's Timothy James, my e-Fed edit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1137254699

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:40 am

Thanx C, HG101, will try that....

HG101
Community Member

Postby HG101 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:09 am

Sooj wrote:I tried the GBA FPW games but couldn't get into them, after being spoiled by FPR.
Would you guys recommend X Premium over the GBA titles in terms of single player gameplay?

The only advantages of the GBA titles are portability and the Management of the Ring mode or whatever it's called.

Purely in comparison to X Premium though, they have more wrestlers and more moves, though less moves per wrestler. They also have better hit detection in comparison to X Premium, which was probably that game's weakest point.

Overall I personally prefer X Premium over the GBA games for the pacing of the matches (which is arguably still one of the best in the series) and overall gameplay. Plus X Premium is possibly the easiest game in the entire series to get running in an emulator, which is cool if you've got a crap computer and/or aren't technically savy or just don't have access to FPR at the moment and still wanna play some Fire Pro.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:43 am

Thanks, HG - might have to give it a go!
The Spectacular Sensation from South of the Equator... It’s the Mad Bomber from Moorabbin!
Here's Timothy James, my e-Fed edit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1137254699

hort22

Postby hort22 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:44 pm

had a ps3 and played fpr for awhile...well sold the ps3 got a ps4 and am itching to get back to fpr...only thing i could find in the basement was an old wii that can play some emulators through it...so long story longer i have been playing x premium with the english text.

question how come i cant irish whip into the corners? what am i doing wrong can only throw off the ropes.

HG101
Community Member

Postby HG101 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:44 pm

hort22 wrote:had a ps3 and played fpr for awhile...well sold the ps3 got a ps4 and am itching to get back to fpr...only thing i could find in the basement was an old wii that can play some emulators through it...so long story longer i have been playing x premium with the english text.

question how come i cant irish whip into the corners? what am i doing wrong can only throw off the ropes.

You irish whip dudes into the left and right corners. Hold in the direction of the corner. It's easiest if you're between the left and right corners or if you're close to the ropes.

Has it been that long since you've played Fire Pro that you forgot how irish whipping works? Not that it's a big deal, I'm just asking because that's like ingrained in my brain at this point.

hort22

Postby hort22 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:58 pm

my first firepro was returns on the psn the year it came out...never played one before...sold that ps3 over a year ago so really havent played anything until the last few weeks...i could have swore in returns you could throw to all 4 corners?

so this game i can only throw to the top 2? so basically hold left and up or right and up on the dpad? ill give it a run tonight.

had a sweet match last night with the undertaker (me) against taz...took 2 tombstones, cause taz never sells shit! haha

also in the market to find another ps3...should have never sold the thing!

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:01 am

Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:00 am

That's pretty sweet, fullMETAL - gonna do anymore remakes like that with any other tunes in the game?
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

supremeclient

Postby supremeclient » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:08 am

fullMETAL wrote:Now that there's a thread on SFPWX, I can post this:
I took the Versus Screen theme - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58236528/musicstuff/fpwx-03.mp3
And remastered the instruments in FL Studio - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58236528/musicstuff/Super%20Fire%20Pro%20Wrestling%20X%20-%20Versus.mp3
and also made an FM-instrument version while I was at it - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58236528/musicstuff/Super%20Fire%20Pro%20Wrestling%20X%20-%20Versus%20(FM).mp3

Dope as hell! The FM version sounds straight out of NES Megaman

HG101
Community Member

Postby HG101 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:05 pm

fullMETAL wrote:Now that there's a thread on SFPWX, I can post this:
I took the Versus Screen theme - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58236528/musicstuff/fpwx-03.mp3
And remastered the instruments in FL Studio - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58236528/musicstuff/Super%20Fire%20Pro%20Wrestling%20X%20-%20Versus.mp3
and also made an FM-instrument version while I was at it - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58236528/musicstuff/Super%20Fire%20Pro%20Wrestling%20X%20-%20Versus%20(FM).mp3

Unexpected. And very cool. Thanks for posting.

fullMETAL

Postby fullMETAL » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:02 pm

I plan on transcribing the notation to FamiTracker to make an actual NES-instrument version to go along with my Genesis-style FM version.

I also plan on doing the same thing with various other SNES FPW songs (including an NES version of the Versus Screen from FPW 1 and 2--aka the Roster Scroll from FPR).

djkm77
Community Member

Postby djkm77 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:07 pm

If you enjoy Super Nintendo I cannot recommend this enough. http://shop.krikzz.com/Super-EverDrive-v2-SPEDV2.htm there is also a more expensive version you can check out as well. For a 100 bucks you can play every SNES and Super Famicom game ever on one cartridge. You can also play English versions of the roms as well as custom made games.

Gekitou Burning Pro Wrestling is another must play game for the system. Here is a cool right up on it.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/gekitou/gekitou.htm
"A dollar saved is a dollar wasted." John "Blood" McNally
Links To My Saves
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31
http://www.fpwarena.com/files/djkm77/

tspawn35
Community Member

Postby tspawn35 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:04 pm

djkm77 wrote:If you enjoy Super Nintendo I cannot recommend this enough. http://shop.krikzz.com/Super-EverDrive-v2-SPEDV2.htm there is also a more expensive version you can check out as well. For a 100 bucks you can play every SNES and Super Famicom game ever on one cartridge. You can also play English versions of the roms as well as custom made games.

Gekitou Burning Pro Wrestling is another must play game for the system. Here is a cool right up on it.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/gekitou/gekitou.htm

I have one you can play a lot of games but not all because of the different chips the snes uses. So games like star fox and super Mario rpg will not work on it.

thejess2014
Community Member

Postby thejess2014 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Haven't tried Gekitou Burning, just downloaded and I'll give it a run. I really like Zennihon Pro Wrestling Dash, it's got a lot of the great All Japan tag teams of the early 90s in it. Definitely give that one a try too.
"We got no jobs, we got no food, OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLIN' OFF!"

fullMETAL

Postby fullMETAL » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:42 pm

Gekitou Burning, if you use an English patch/save, could almost be comparable to Super Fire Pro X/X Premium in both engine and CaW mode.
More songs, too.

The AJPW SNES games...they're meh. Kinda slow; kinda hard to figure out how to do moves and time it right; not a very large roster of playable guys; no Edit mode like in FPW3, FPX, and Gekitou; stuff like that.

RollinsPhan
Community Member

Postby RollinsPhan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:26 pm

SFPXP is one of the best wrestling games ever for the SNES. I still remember the brutal 2/3 Falls match i had between Kobashi (me) and Terry Gordy. It was all sorts of amazing.

As for FPR, I just returned to it after a long break playing other games and I still can't get over how fun it is after all this time.

astralxocean
Single Post Troll

Postby astralxocean » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:28 am

Hey so i just got into SFPWX and I stumbled accross this thread while looking for a sram for the game i saw that a few people have some with 100% and CAW's just wondering if anyone could share those sram's with me.