What's Your Fire Pro Story?

CFBLIVESHERE
Community Member

Re: What's Your Fire Pro Story?

Postby CFBLIVESHERE » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Phil Parent wrote:My modding & Fire Pro history.

I've had more fun editing games than I've had fun actually playing them my whole life. When I was a kid, I loved Wrecking Crew, I loved Excitebike, I loved Baseball Stars... I loved Battle City which I had on a multi-cart. Why? Because I could make my own levels, and my own teams, and then play them. One peculiar exception to that was Pro Wrestling. Me and my brother played that game so much, and even as a child, the difference between Pro Wrestling, the WWF games and other non-licensed games was very evident, Pro Wrestling was so much better.

My first distributed mod was renaming all the players in Ken Griffey Baseball for the SNES and lending out the cartridge to my friends. 1994-95. Griffey Baseball and Triple Play Baseball Gold Edition on Genesis were my modding fun for a long time.

I bought Fire Pro Wrestling G from a shop that sold by mail that advertised in a magazine after I saw a review for it in the Import section. I don't remember the name of it, but I remember the page having a bright yellow background with black lettering, it was like a huge listing with prices. Loved it. Modded it for myself so much. I still have those files.

In the late 90's / early 2000's, I started modding text sims. After doing the rosters for Promotion Wars, and helping it being more popular than the much inferior Extreme Warfare Deluxe, I showed what kind of whore I was and jumped sides and did the rosters for Extreme Warfare Revenge, the game ostensibly created to be a Promotion Wars killer. And that it did, killed it deader than the dodo. I was put in charge of keeping EWR updated for a couple years. While I was doing that, Fire Pro D came out and I imported it and the Japanese Dreamcast and released a very small pack starring Montreal wrestlers, including what must have been the very first Kevin Steen edit. It's now lost. Played it so much. Hated that controller.

Then came the most awesome year of my life. 2004. I met my wife. Extreme Warfare went commercial and became Total Extreme Wrestling, so my work on it was now actual work. Created TEW's storyline & angles system. And Fire Pro R came out. Preordered it. Loved it. Did the Anthology. Won Modder Of The Year in 2004. Got into a fight with Adam Ryland over the direction of Wrestling Spirit. Left GDS in 2006. Kept the Anthology going until Agetec blessed us with the American port then I ported my save in 2007. Compiled a database of Fire Pro data which will be very useful in like 90 days.

Made the Pro Wrestling Simulators Hall Of Fame in 2012. Started doing a 1994 mod, resonating my Griffey Baseball mod, for the MLB The Show series on Operation Sports in 2014. Was the most downloaded classic roster in 2015. I was thinking this was going to be my last mod before I retired and concentrated on my career as a college teacher. But no. I had to say goodbye to my friends on Operation Sports to be able to announce that...

The RaveX Anthology will be coming out for Fire Pro World. 2017. I want to keep going until 2020 and then retire. I'll have been modding for 25 years, then. My hands are already a fucking wreck from typing and inputting so much stuff. One last hurrah as an old man trying to keep pace with the younger and better modders.

God Damn dude....FUCKING LEGEND....wait for it.........

DARY!!!!

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:17 pm

May as well stick these here. Going through my own youtube channel I actually found the original Fire Pro Wrestling Z and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns promotional trailers I had uploaded years ago.

Fire Pro Z Promo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUr18Orpmc

Fire Pro Returns Promo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97zK_eU0_g

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:45 pm

Damn, I had to dredge out the ole' tumblr to post that one.

http://fpwarena.tumblr.com/post/1580009 ... philparent
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

Pyrodean
Community Member

Postby Pyrodean » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:11 am

I've had more fun editing games than I've had fun actually playing them my whole life. When I was a kid, I loved Wrecking Crew, I loved Excitebike, I loved Baseball Stars... I loved Battle City which I had on a multi-cart. Why? Because I could make my own levels, and my own teams, and then play them. One peculiar exception to that was Pro Wrestling. Me and my brother played that game so much, and even as a child, the difference between Pro Wrestling, the WWF games and other non-licensed games was very evident, Pro Wrestling was so much better.

My first distributed mod was renaming all the players in Ken Griffey Baseball for the SNES and lending out the cartridge to my friends. 1994-95. Griffey Baseball and Triple Play Baseball Gold Edition on Genesis were my modding fun for a long time.

I bought Fire Pro Wrestling G from a shop that sold by mail that advertised in a magazine after I saw a review for it in the Import section. I don't remember the name of it, but I remember the page having a bright yellow background with black lettering, it was like a huge listing with prices. Loved it. Modded it for myself so much. I still have those files.

In the late 90's / early 2000's, I started modding text sims. After doing the rosters for Promotion Wars, and helping it being more popular than the much inferior Extreme Warfare Deluxe, I showed what kind of whore I was and jumped sides and did the rosters for Extreme Warfare Revenge, the game ostensibly created to be a Promotion Wars killer. And that it did, killed it deader than the dodo. I was put in charge of keeping EWR updated for a couple years. While I was doing that, Fire Pro D came out and I imported it and the Japanese Dreamcast and released a very small pack starring Montreal wrestlers, including what must have been the very first Kevin Steen edit. It's now lost. Played it so much. Hated that controller.

Then came the most awesome year of my life. 2004. I met my wife. Extreme Warfare went commercial and became Total Extreme Wrestling, so my work on it was now actual work. Created TEW's storyline & angles system. And Fire Pro R came out. Preordered it. Loved it. Did the Anthology. Won Modder Of The Year in 2004. Got into a fight with Adam Ryland over the direction of Wrestling Spirit. Left GDS in 2006. Kept the Anthology going until Agetec blessed us with the American port then I ported my save in 2007. Compiled a database of Fire Pro data which will be very useful in like 90 days.

Made the Pro Wrestling Simulators Hall Of Fame in 2012. Started doing a 1994 mod, resonating my Griffey Baseball mod, for the MLB The Show series on Operation Sports in 2014. Was the most downloaded classic roster in 2015. I was thinking this was going to be my last mod before I retired and concentrated on my career as a college teacher. But no. I had to say goodbye to my friends on Operation Sports to be able to announce that...

The RaveX Anthology will be coming out for Fire Pro World. 2017. I want to keep going until 2020 and then retire. I'll have been modding for 25 years, then. My hands are already a fucking wreck from typing and inputting so much stuff. One last hurrah as an old man trying to keep pace with the younger and better modders.

Jesus...All the stuff from Fire Pro R and TEW you've done, that I've spent so many happy hours enjoying...I feel like I owe you money lol.

RavenBrighid
Community Member

Postby RavenBrighid » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Guess I'm gonna revive this thread. I've been spending a lot of time thinking about Fire Pro today, the work I've done, and why this game means so much to me.

I first REALLY started playing Fire Pro my freshman year of high school. I had tried FPWR a few times but never really figured out the grapple timing system. I kept hearing online about how cool it was, but I just couldn't figure it out. I was at a boarding school at the time where we had limited time to play video games, and we didn't have wifi in our rooms, and one thing I discovered was emulators. It was a way I could play games, offline, on my computer. As long as I didn't get caught, I was good. So I was playing a GBA emulator, and found out Fire Pro existed for GBA. So I started to play it. And I loved it. I made my own real world edits, I played the matches, and I even figured out the grapple system. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. But I wanted to figure out how to play Returns....so that summer, after leaving the boarding school, I learned how to actually play Returns. I downloaded edit packs full of real world edits, and I played the game. I actually played it, and I actually used the default edits. And it was so fun.

Eventually I thought it would be the coolest and most unique thing to make my own custom edits, but I didn't trust my ability to work the system, especially logic. So I just put my own names and appearances on default edits. And that was fun for a while. But I wanted to have full creative control...so I started making edits. The logic was bad, their movesets were overkill, but they were my own. I tried to follow people's advice, but still got overzealous. And I came up with the name for my promotion: Massacre Pro Wrestling. Of course, I thought it was the most unique thing ever that I was making my own edits. At the time, I was on Fire Pro Club, after it had basically died, and didn't know WARENA was a thing. Then I learned about WARENA....and I learned how to really make edits. I made better edits, I fixed some of my old ones and I made new ones. I realized E-Feds were a thing and joined FPCPP. I was part of a community. And I was actually able to make Massacre Pro Wrestling an awesome reality. I joined appearance drafts, I created shows and not that many people seemed to watch, but it was fun.

And then, I stopped. I mean, I always had times where I wanted nothing more than to play firepro, and times where I didn't care to. But I felt the community dying, very slowly. I tried to keep things going but I just kept feeling so....discouraged. Fire Pro had been escape and had gotten me through so much: having a child, the beginnings of my transition, breaking up with my ex-fiancee: Fire Pro was there through it all. And yet, I just stopped playing. I tried to get back into it, but it just didn't feel the same. I felt bad, cause I had left projects untouched. I had unread and unanswered messages. I felt I should continue the stories I started but I didn't want to. I couldn't bring myself to. No one would care, anyways. This happened about a year ago, around the time of Ceese's passing.

Recently though, I wanted to give it another shot. And I realized the best chance to do that would come from more or less starting fresh. I needed to do something I could actually get excited about, that I would be proud of. So I created Transgender Wrestling Alliance. I had thoughts of creating an LGBT themed promotion for a while: Heck, MPW's most recent champion is a gay man with rainbow tights, and I had an edit called LGBTiger. (Now in TWA as Trans Tiger) And so I did. I made my own edits, edited my FPCPP edit to reflect my new name and update her appearance, and just came up with as many trans themed edits as I could. I also had other people give me their trans-identified edits as well to use. And I made a show, and felt good about it.

Of course, that's not all I wanted to do: But I didn't want to deal with my old edits. So I started Dark World Pro Wrestling at the same time. And as the Ceese Memorial Draft was going to happen, I really got excited again. Excited about drafting appearances, excited about working on stuff for DWPW, excited about Fire Pro. And as I began to draft edits, I worked the logic and movesets. I really loved making these edits. I missed edit making, I really did.

In the same time span, as you know, Fire Pro Wrestling World was announced. I had wanted, so bad, another Fire Pro. But I didn't know if it would ever happen. The night I found out about World, I had made the mistake of going with my fiancee to board games. And I say that, because all I wanted that night was to think about World, to be with the community, to enjoy all things Fire Pro. The game I loved would be getting new life. People would keep caring about fire pro, and that made me so happy.

Recently, I was looking through the list of edits left still in the Ceese Memorial Draft. And I started thinking about making my own Universe essentially. Like, I love making edits, I love taking people's appearances, tweaking them, making a moveset, doing logic, seeing what fun stuff I can come up with. And I always make more edits that can reasonably fit in a promotion, at least arguably. It starts to get less manageable. So I keep changing up the roster, making new edits debut, etc. It might not be the best way to do things in terms of booking, but I love it.

And I thought to myself, why limit myself? Why not make as many edits as I want, play with them, make lots of promotions, what's the harm? I can have lots of edits, I can have lots of promotions, I don't have to use them all formally to have and appreciate them.

And so, I started thinking if I wanted any MPW edits, so I brought up the old save.

And I saw all the work I had done, all the way back to the crappy old overpowered edits I first made.

And I decided I wanted this edit....and that one....and maybe this one too, and what the hell this one...

I ended up moving most of old edits to my current save. And I realized....this was years of work. Years of drafts, of edit ideas, of work I can truly be proud of. Sure, the edits aren't perfect. They have flaws, but I worked damn hard to make them. So I put them on my save, and simmed a couple matches of new edits vs old. And I was excited. I have this whole universe of edits already, a universe I can keep growing. I don't have to limit myself.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all these edits. But I know that my work doesn't have to get left behind. A fresh start doesn't have to mean getting rid of my hard work, it just means not feeling burdened by the decisions or commitments of the past that no longer serve me.

I may start streaming. I may put on shows from time to time. I may just play on fire pro. Idk how many of these edits I'm going to try to transfer onto World. But I'm proud of what I've made. I'm proud of the years of edits, the years of fun and work in creating this universe. And I'm proud of this community.

With Love,

Raven Brighid.

BigDaddyKyler
Community Member

Postby BigDaddyKyler » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Man I wished I knew about FPW before D and emulation might have saved me alot trouble in high school (damn Beulah McGillicutty video :oops: ).

Also if I knew there was an actual wrestling for saturn I wouldn't fought toysRus over WWF IYH and would've took my money to somebody who sold 6man scramble.

Began with FPD and encyclopedia of guides from Gamefaqs.

When the GBA was coming out I preordered it and Fire pro wrestling and really fell in...it felt like I was buying a pack of batteries a week.

Almost bought a chipped PS2 to play FPWZ from a website which luckily i didn't as short time later it got shut down and supposedly gave customer info to investigation agents...that goodness for fliptops and magic swap.

reddragon1444
Community Member

Postby reddragon1444 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:00 pm

I had actually never even heard of Fire Pro until Returns came out for the PS2. Considering I've been a fan of wrestling since I was a child growing up in the 90's, that's kind of sad. My brother brought the series to my attention, and we checked out Returns and loved it. Now, years later, I'm heavily looking forward to FPW more now than ever. I can't wait to sink my teeth into a new Fire Pro game. My only regret is having not found the series sooner!

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:55 pm

So many new members now that World is due out any minute! I hope some of you share your stories here as well..... 8-)
ImageImage

Dude Cactus

Postby Dude Cactus » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:16 am

Hmmm...

Memory is a bit hazy on this.

My first exposure to Fire Pro Wrestling came about in two meetings, I just can't recall which came first: One was a section on a page dedicated to Fire Pro Wrestling Six Man Scramble for the Sega Saturn in I believe an Electronic Gaming Monthly, and two was stumbling across a website that was talking about how Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium on the SNES was the ultimate wrestling game because it allowed one to experience the dream matches of WWF and WCW battling it out.

I personally couldn't play either of those games because of the simple fact during my childhood I was a Sega Genesis family. My brother and I only had one wrestling game, our first, WWF RAW.

Then when the next generation of gaming came in, my family went Sony Playstation. Around that time I stumbled into news of Fire Pro Wrestling G, but there was no way that anything like modding was going to come into the picture simply because I didn't know about it. It was just you can't play Japanese games on your American PSX.

So I pretty much went on playing the WWF games, such as WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game and WWF In Your House. Then came WWF War Zone, the first time I was exposed to the idea of making a wrestler. That was continued into WWF Attitude and the eventual WWF Smackdown games.

By the time the PSX was winding down and moving onto the next gaming era. I knew of Fire Pro Wrestling D for the Sega Dreamcast, but much like Six Man Scramble, didn't own the system it was released on as I would go PS2.

It was around that nebulous time between PSX and PS2 that I discovered emulation. So I finally was able to gt a hold of the game through using a SNES emulator, believe it was ZSNES, and downloaded Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium. I was able to experience it there mind you generations late, but it was pretty cool seeing what was available during the 16-bit era of games compared to what I was playing. I really didn't know anything about logic editing, but I was all right with just the visual editing and custom move sets and simming.

I figured that was as much Fire Pro Wrestling I was going to play because I think Saturn and PSX emulation wasn't at a stable level yet. There was no way there was going to be a Dreamcast emulator. However, there was the release of Fire Pro Wrestling and Fire Pro Wrestling 2 for the GBA. So seeing as it was the newest iteration and GBA emulation was pretty stable, plus it was actually being released outside of Japan; it became my new go to for the series and I still was only editing on a visual level and simming.

Then came news of Fire Pro Wrestling R for the PS2... the final one.

I wanted to play it. However, I was leery of modding. I all ready suffered a first generation PS2 death. Didn't want to do anything to bring about a second. But, there was the idea of boot discs that could circumvent all of that. It made me begin to orchestrate a plan. Put money to the side to acquire what I need to play the final Fire Pro Wrestling. Yet, before it happened there was the announcement that Fire Pro Wrestling R was going to be released. Needless to say it was purchased and I joined the FireProClub with an old username from WrestlingGames.com.

Finally I started to take the CPU logic under my belt and to be honest I was satisfied with knowing I was at least enjoying what was supposed to be the final iteration of a series that I seemed to be either crossing paths with in glimpses or experiencing through alternative means.

Then came news of Fire Pro World.

Negative3

Postby Negative3 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 am

All my internet friends kept spamming it for years, so I decided to finally give it a go.

Axebomber

Postby Axebomber » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:59 am

My first experience was finding the Super Fire Pro Wrestling games on an old, defunct ROM site years ago. I never could get the timing down in the first three because of the lack of a tie-up animation, so I mostly played X/X Premium until I found out about the then recently-released GBA games.

It was really different playing a 16 bit/2D wrestling game where you could actually do submissions and corner moves because American wrestling games at the time usually skimped on details like that. Wrestlemania: The Arcade game doesn't even feature a three count when you pin your opponents at the end of a match. And of course having so many WWF, WCW and ECW wrestlers all in the same game(even if they're unofficial versions) was cool as hell to me.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:47 am

A nice review from Kim Justice of Fire Pro early access that even mentions the FPC and Hoax at one point - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQHQmMeDyCE

Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Postby Professor Voodoo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:32 pm

Uh it all started about 2013-ish...uh, though I have vague memories of playing one of the GBA games way before that.

I watched a video done by abouttreefitty, and it had a rocking soundtrack to boot. So i got the game sometime later, read Bill Wood's guide, and I was off to the races. Had promotions done and everything, up until, well....the disc broke, (it was used to begin with, and was already showing signs of wear and tear, leaving me without Fire Pro for a LONG time. Got my laptop earlier this year, decided to emulate Returns, and around that time, World was announced, leaving me hyped. The months went by at a snails pace, and after some initial troubles getting the game to work.

Now? I plan on being on of the best damn edit makers in Fire Pro history, even if my download count seems to say otherwise. A little arrogant? Maybe. But then again, you'll know a Voodoo edit when you see a Voodoo edit.
I love World.

Chris91
Community Member

Postby Chris91 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:19 pm

I've never bought a FPW game until FPWW came out a few weeks ago. My history is quite simple: My cousin was a huge wrestling fan and he had a bunch of games from the US. I dont know which year it was, but he called me and said "Come over, the best wrestling game is finally in my hands." :D Every day after school i ran to my cousins house, crazy! We only simmed matches, we wrote every result on a papersheet and booked our own shows. My cousin was "my pioneer", he also introduced me to Extreme Warfare Revenge/Total Extreme Wrestling, also a great series. My cousin died 2012, he was a big FirePro fan and he's definetly playing the game in heaven. And now i'm here, finally bought my first FPW game :)

zaxary

Postby zaxary » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:19 am

The first time I heard of Fire Pro was during the 90s online. Kids were talking about Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium and making crazy animations. I know I saw some efeds on AOL using it for graphics and simulation. I ended up finding Fire Pro Returns til somewhere around 07 or 08 maybe. Thanks to the handy dandy internet I learned about some more Fire Pro related goodness and then had a flashback of SFPWXP. For whatever reason it didn't work out at that time. I don't really remember. Earlier this year I started thinking about SFPWXP and the animations again and went searching. I found the Overshadow archive and got reacquainted with the game. I felt compelled to make animations, but not just of wrestling moves. I started making the enzuigiri intro. I made a couple more intros and then started making little scenes with different animations and eventually it became a project. I made a few more wrestling moves and put up some videos on Youtube. I kept working on the non wrestling related project in the background though. I liked having music in it and so I reached out to some artists I really like and thanks to the magic of the internet they gave me their blessings to use their music in my video and here we are.

mr jenzie

Postby mr jenzie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:19 pm

i might be one of the few people who have an ACTUAL COPY of fire pro return in the UK!

found it in G-FORCE up in glasgow scotland on the 24th april 2012 at around half three in the afternoon, it looked at me on the shelf, i looked at it ..... and it was lurve at first sight :lol: and i NEVER stopped smiling to myself all day! then getting into the saves situation and buying ACTION REPLAY MAX to put caws onto memory cards.

before it really was emulators that i found the game with SUPER FIRE PRO WRESTLING X PREMIER (TRANSLATED) and learned to use the little program that you could create your own caw list saves from, as i was creating my first SUPERfeds with the game ..... but i was already simming the game and creating mass competitions with it. then had the crazy idea of making a web-comic styled thing with the game, so i painstakingly took virtually every graphical aspect of the game, screenshotted and edited them all and made mockups ..... i even was going to make my own ARENAS, gigantic computer breaking sized ARENAS on my poor old windows 98 machine!!

but sadly it was all lost in the great computer crash 2, and they're all in silicon heaven now
:lol:
i loved doing them since i do some graphics stuff for one of my other games i sim, namely NHLPA93.

and of course i started posting my SUPERfeds2 on here before this forum went kablooey, creating all new federations as well

as of now i have a good enough PC to run the game brilliantly, so managing saves is a breeze, and starting to once again go through practically EVERY save i have and making SUPERfeds 3.0 which is much MUCH bigger than anything i've done!

been a game simmer since the zx spectrum days and FIRE PRO has been a great addition to the games i use

and for no reason other than to toot my own horn, here's some of my WIERD WORD WRESTLING characters on smackdown vs raw, which i've transferred from my PS2 to PC using action replay max successfully ..... pray for the one i DIDN'T manage to do .....

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:32 pm

mr jenzie wrote:i might be one of the few people who have an ACTUAL COPY of fire pro return in the UK!

found it in G-FORCE up in glasgow scotland on the 24th april 2012 at around half three in the afternoon, it looked at me on the shelf, i looked at it ..... and it was lurve at first sight :lol: and i NEVER stopped smiling to myself all day! then getting into the saves situation and buying ACTION REPLAY MAX to put caws onto memory cards.

before it really was emulators that i found the game with SUPER FIRE PRO WRESTLING X PREMIER (TRANSLATED) and learned to use the little program that you could create your own caw list saves from, as i was creating my first SUPERfeds with the game ..... but i was already simming the game and creating mass competitions with it. then had the crazy idea of making a web-comic styled thing with the game, so i painstakingly took virtually every graphical aspect of the game, screenshotted and edited them all and made mockups ..... i even was going to make my own ARENAS, gigantic computer breaking sized ARENAS on my poor old windows 98 machine!!

but sadly it was all lost in the great computer crash 2, and they're all in silicon heaven now
:lol:
i loved doing them since i do some graphics stuff for one of my other games i sim, namely NHLPA93.

and of course i started posting my SUPERfeds2 on here before this forum went kablooey, creating all new federations as well

as of now i have a good enough PC to run the game brilliantly, so managing saves is a breeze, and starting to once again go through practically EVERY save i have and making SUPERfeds 3.0 which is much MUCH bigger than anything i've done!

been a game simmer since the zx spectrum days and FIRE PRO has been a great addition to the games i use

and for no reason other than to toot my own horn, here's some of my WIERD WORD WRESTLING characters on smackdown vs raw, which i've transferred from my PS2 to PC using action replay max successfully ..... pray for the one i DIDN'T manage to do .....

Awesome! Thanx for sharing that! 8-)
ImageImage

Firehawk

Postby Firehawk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 am

Fire Pro was something I had sort of a... passing knowledge of as I started to get into wrestling. It was this thing that I heard about every so often, that I tried the GBA stuff once and never quite got it. Then I heard about FPR being about to come out, and figured "You know what? I want to give this a real go."

Had to order it online, spent a bit of time on it, fell out of playing it after a while, though. It kinda slipped out of my knowledge for a long time until FPW started making the rounds, and now here I am about to step back in. This time I fully intend to stick with it. :P

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Great topic... so my story... There was a write up in an old EGM or something along those lines for 6 Man Scramble. It had guys that looked like Sting and Vader and Hogan in the pics and I was freaking looking at. I had no idea about importing or anything like that. I kept that page for years and honestly don't think I ever even read the actual article so I had no clue what the game was I just knew that it wasn't a US game. Probably the reason I never read the article is because I knew I could never get the game with it not coming out here in the states.

Fast forward to the year 2000 and we finally get internet at my house. One day will searching around I stumble upon a trailer for Fire Pro D, was probably just searching "wrestling games". My friend who used to live with me and I sat there jaws dropped. We immediately searched to figure out how to play JP games on a US DC. Found out about the swap disc got in the car went to the mall purchased that and pre ordered the game online. I remember the day the game came in the mail ripping apart the box as my friend and I threw the cardboard to the ground and horsemen stomped it in excitement. We mad TONS of edits and released most of them online.

I tied to get into the GBA version but never liked playing handhelds. Through all my moves years later at some point my wife "accidentally" tossed out a bunch of my memory cards and I ended up losing a bunch of edit packs so any time I would think about getting back into playing not having my edits really stopped me in my tracks. A few years ago I got R but never really fired it up. Once World was announced though I got really excited thinking about playing again and now I'm way back into it.

The game is great and the community/following it has is fantastic. I used to be on the gamefaq boards for D everyone there and here has always been so helpful and awesome.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:43 pm

heelsinc wrote:Great topic... so my story... There was a write up in an old EGM or something along those lines for 6 Man Scramble. It had guys that looked like Sting and Vader and Hogan in the pics and I was freaking looking at. I had no idea about importing or anything like that. I kept that page for years and honestly don't think I ever even read the actual article so I had no clue what the game was I just knew that it wasn't a US game. Probably the reason I never read the article is because I knew I could never get the game with it not coming out here in the states.

Fast forward to the year 2000 and we finally get internet at my house. One day will searching around I stumble upon a trailer for Fire Pro D, was probably just searching "wrestling games". My friend who used to live with me and I sat there jaws dropped. We immediately searched to figure out how to play JP games on a US DC. Found out about the swap disc got in the car went to the mall purchased that and pre ordered the game online. I remember the day the game came in the mail ripping apart the box as my friend and I threw the cardboard to the ground and horsemen stomped it in excitement. We mad TONS of edits and released most of them online.

I tied to get into the GBA version but never liked playing handhelds. Through all my moves years later at some point my wife "accidentally" tossed out a bunch of my memory cards and I ended up losing a bunch of edit packs so any time I would think about getting back into playing not having my edits really stopped me in my tracks. A few years ago I got R but never really fired it up. Once World was announced though I got really excited thinking about playing again and now I'm way back into it.

The game is great and the community/following it has is fantastic. I used to be on the gamefaq boards for D everyone there and here has always been so helpful and awesome.

Cool story, thanx for sharing! 8-)
ImageImage

zaxary

Postby zaxary » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:05 am

I'm really enjoying reading these stories of how everyone got into Fire Pro!