More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Files for use in the modification of Fire Pro World on PC. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
User avatar
Phil Parent
Community Member
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Postby Phil Parent » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:47 am

He did! Match is in the ring, everything looks like its running fine, I'll let you know how it goes.

I don't think the mod can see the default SWA guys, they weren't in the search results. Not that it's a big deal for now.

EDIT: First gauntlet attempt was a total dud, QUALLT got critical'd by Don Frye, who was his first opponent. Mod did fine though, the result screen shows up and everything. It goes back to the menu, no problem...

I'll try to get a better gauntlet match up going. Especially one I can get a few wins to get the gauntlet mechanics running....

BATTLE OF THE SEXES!!! VADER VS TWO DOZEN ANGRY FEMALES!

User avatar
Phil Parent
Community Member
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Postby Phil Parent » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:11 am

So Vader creamed Stacy Keibler (...) in the first match.

The ring bell went crazy, just kept ringing. A message showed up saying that Stacy had been eliminated and that there were 17 members left on Team Red, which feels correct,I didn't count how many I put in the match put this seems ok. It then went to the results screen, showing Vader had beaten Stacy.

I hit X, and the game went back to the ring, again with Vader VS Stacy. It now said 2nd match over the timer. Vader beat her again, and the same thing happened: crazy bell, identical message, result screen...

So I hit X. Again, Vader VS Stacy. It still said 2nd match over the timer.That match just ended and it looks like the same thing will happen... I hit X... and same thing, still says 2nd match and all.

Will get you a log.

LOVED that message telling how many were left on Team Red, and the match counter above the timer, good design.

View619
Community Member
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:15 am

Re: More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Postby View619 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:17 am

Phil Parent wrote:So Vader creamed Stacy Keibler (...) in the first match.

The ring bell went crazy, just kept ringing. A message showed up saying that Stacy had been eliminated and that there were 17 members left on Team Red, which feels correct,I didn't count how many I put in the match put this seems ok. It then went to the results screen, showing Vader had beaten Stacy.

I hit X, and the game went back to the ring, again with Vader VS Stacy. It now said 2nd match over the timer. Vader beat her again, and the same thing happened: crazy bell, identical message, result screen...

So I hit X. Again, Vader VS Stacy. It still said 2nd match over the timer.That match just ended and it looks like the same thing will happen... I hit X... and same thing, still says 2nd match and all.

LOVED that message telling how many were left on Team Red, and the match counter above the timer, good design.


It's using the 2/3 falls rules, so it returns to the results screen without ending the match. I'll need to look into why the 2nd match text is showing up, as well as deal with the damn post-match bell again. Thought I resolved that based on the 4v4 elimination match, but that's my fault for testing without sound again...

Is the results screen showing the correct result & match timing for each match?

User avatar
Phil Parent
Community Member
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Postby Phil Parent » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:38 am

Match #1: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #2: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct. Noticed the ref didn't count when they were outside the ring. Or count when Leon felt the need to use a chair on a defenseless 120 pounds girl. Mr. Judgement, my ass.
Match #3: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #4: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct. Vader beat her in 39 seconds, fucking hell. Tackle, run the ropes, Muscle Bomb Press, Pin.
Match #5: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #6: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.

At this point, bell aside, the only bug I see is that the gauntlet doesn't progress from opponent to opponent. The 9 other girls waiting for their turn just keep sending Stacy back in there :lol: "YOU'RE DOING GOOD, GIRL!!! SHE STILL BREATHING?! TOSS HER BACK IN!!"

View619
Community Member
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:15 am

Re: More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Postby View619 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:49 am

Noted, I'll try to isolate scenarios where it doesn't progress the matches. Also, I turned ring count out off until I can figure out a good way to handle double count-outs; same for the 4v4 elimination.

User avatar
Old School Oni
Community Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:43 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Postby Old School Oni » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:46 pm

Phil Parent wrote:Match #1: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #2: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct. Noticed the ref didn't count when they were outside the ring. Or count when Leon felt the need to use a chair on a defenseless 120 pounds girl. Mr. Judgement, my ass.
Match #3: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #4: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct. Vader beat her in 39 seconds, fucking hell. Tackle, run the ropes, Muscle Bomb Press, Pin.
Match #5: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #6: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.

At this point, bell aside, the only bug I see is that the gauntlet doesn't progress from opponent to opponent. The 9 other girls waiting for their turn just keep sending Stacy back in there :lol: "YOU'RE DOING GOOD, GIRL!!! SHE STILL BREATHING?! TOSS HER BACK IN!!"


Much as I hate to see a much-anticipate mod not doing what is intended, I have to say, these reports are cracking me up. Do you have Vader's muscle bomb pin as a protected finisher or something? I don't feel like I can ever get someone to job that quickly no matter what stats I give them.

View619
Community Member
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:15 am

Re: More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Postby View619 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:54 pm

Old School Oni wrote:
Phil Parent wrote:Match #1: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #2: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct. Noticed the ref didn't count when they were outside the ring. Or count when Leon felt the need to use a chair on a defenseless 120 pounds girl. Mr. Judgement, my ass.
Match #3: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #4: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct. Vader beat her in 39 seconds, fucking hell. Tackle, run the ropes, Muscle Bomb Press, Pin.
Match #5: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #6: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.

At this point, bell aside, the only bug I see is that the gauntlet doesn't progress from opponent to opponent. The 9 other girls waiting for their turn just keep sending Stacy back in there :lol: "YOU'RE DOING GOOD, GIRL!!! SHE STILL BREATHING?! TOSS HER BACK IN!!"


Much as I hate to see a much-anticipate mod not doing what is intended, I have to say, these reports are cracking me up. Do you have Vader's muscle bomb pin as a protected finisher or something? I don't feel like I can ever get someone to job that quickly no matter what stats I give them.


HP/Spirit doesn't recover by much after each fall, and since his matches aren't cycling through the loser team Stacy keeps entering the ring with very little HP/Spirit remaining. One finisher would put her down again.

I'm going to try running some tests with a one vs many approach; I think that could be the issue.

User avatar
Old School Oni
Community Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:43 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Postby Old School Oni » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:36 pm

View619 wrote:
Old School Oni wrote:
Phil Parent wrote:Match #1: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #2: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct. Noticed the ref didn't count when they were outside the ring. Or count when Leon felt the need to use a chair on a defenseless 120 pounds girl. Mr. Judgement, my ass.
Match #3: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #4: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct. Vader beat her in 39 seconds, fucking hell. Tackle, run the ropes, Muscle Bomb Press, Pin.
Match #5: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.
Match #6: Vader wins over Stacy, match result, match time and finish are correct.

At this point, bell aside, the only bug I see is that the gauntlet doesn't progress from opponent to opponent. The 9 other girls waiting for their turn just keep sending Stacy back in there :lol: "YOU'RE DOING GOOD, GIRL!!! SHE STILL BREATHING?! TOSS HER BACK IN!!"


Much as I hate to see a much-anticipate mod not doing what is intended, I have to say, these reports are cracking me up. Do you have Vader's muscle bomb pin as a protected finisher or something? I don't feel like I can ever get someone to job that quickly no matter what stats I give them.


HP/Spirit doesn't recover by much after each fall, and since his matches aren't cycling through the loser team Stacy keeps entering the ring with very little HP/Spirit remaining. One finisher would put her down again.

I'm going to try running some tests with a one vs many approach; I think that could be the issue.


Ah, I see. Disappointing, I was hoping someone finally found a "jobber" formula. The GLOW girls keep putting on 30 minute matches despite having like 3 moves between them.

View619
Community Member
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:15 am

Re: More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Postby View619 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:49 pm

Old School Oni wrote:
View619 wrote:
Old School Oni wrote:
Much as I hate to see a much-anticipate mod not doing what is intended, I have to say, these reports are cracking me up. Do you have Vader's muscle bomb pin as a protected finisher or something? I don't feel like I can ever get someone to job that quickly no matter what stats I give them.


HP/Spirit doesn't recover by much after each fall, and since his matches aren't cycling through the loser team Stacy keeps entering the ring with very little HP/Spirit remaining. One finisher would put her down again.

I'm going to try running some tests with a one vs many approach; I think that could be the issue.


Ah, I see. Disappointing, I was hoping someone finally found a "jobber" formula. The GLOW girls keep putting on 30 minute matches despite having like 3 moves between them.


Try giving them high offensive parameters and low defense, it should ensure that the matches are short.

User avatar
Old School Oni
Community Member
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:43 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Postby Old School Oni » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:19 pm

View619 wrote:
Old School Oni wrote:
View619 wrote:
HP/Spirit doesn't recover by much after each fall, and since his matches aren't cycling through the loser team Stacy keeps entering the ring with very little HP/Spirit remaining. One finisher would put her down again.

I'm going to try running some tests with a one vs many approach; I think that could be the issue.


Ah, I see. Disappointing, I was hoping someone finally found a "jobber" formula. The GLOW girls keep putting on 30 minute matches despite having like 3 moves between them.


Try giving them high offensive parameters and low defense, it should ensure that the matches are short.


Thanks. I may have to make multiple versions. I'm sure their low offense is causing a lot of my problem, but I can't stand for them to be artificially high when I put them in against someone like Monster Ripper or Bull Nakano.

View619
Community Member
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:15 am

Re: More Match Types (Team Gauntlet/Elimination Mod Available)

Postby View619 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:40 am

Thanks for the feedback, I've resolved the issue PhilParent found with respect to "One vs Many" elimination matches. Just going to run a few more test matches before updating again.

Just had Vader run through about 10 members of Stardom, I think this can be pushed for another test. If possible, I would like to get some team vs team test results as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fp897CB_4L_EAB34MQMlb5M_QWIR8At2/view?usp=sharing


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests