Gentlemen, start your photoshops... (Edit Part Previews and Downloads)

Files for use in the modification of Fire Pro World on PC. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Carlzilla
Community Member

Gentlemen, start your photoshops... (Edit Part Previews and Downloads)

Postby Carlzilla » Tue May 15, 2018 6:24 am

Last edited by Carlzilla on Thu May 17, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Re: Gentlemen, start your photoshops...

Postby Carlzilla » Tue May 15, 2018 6:33 am

...and before any of the small number of the shit-guzzling retards that lurk around these parts accuse me of holding nuclear secrets or whatever...

I'll work up a tutorial at some point in the near future, as this isn't a replacement of an old part, but brand new edit parts, it's fairly involved and requires the use of the actual Unity Engine Editor.
Last edited by Carlzilla on Tue May 15, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nomadder
Community Member

Postby Nomadder » Tue May 15, 2018 7:33 am

And more and more of the dream keeps coming true.

Thank you!!

Spunk
Community Member

Postby Spunk » Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 am

Z O M G.
[ http://www.scflfirepro.com | SCFL Pro Wrestling - A Weekly Wrestling Show in Fire Pro World ]
[ http://www.dvewlsh.com | http://www.liverkick.com ]

Jetlag
Community Member

Postby Jetlag » Tue May 15, 2018 7:49 am

We've really been plunged into a world of madness and possibilities with all this.

craziej2k
Community Member

Postby craziej2k » Tue May 15, 2018 8:29 am

how many different images are required for each part?

AceThatRunsThePlace
Community Member

Postby AceThatRunsThePlace » Tue May 15, 2018 8:34 am

craziej2k wrote:how many different images are required for each part?

Depends on the part. Chest parts require 46 images. Thighs require 68. Heads require 29.
My random non-specific Discord server for anyone who wants to join: https://discord.gg/yysVhK

crippler19
Community Member

Postby crippler19 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:50 pm

AceThatRunsThePlace wrote:
craziej2k wrote:how many different images are required for each part?

Depends on the part. Chest parts require 46 images. Thighs require 68. Heads require 29.

:shock: damn, killing it.

Probably early but...Theoretically would it be possible to rip images of the faces from previous games or just easier to go with all new images? i.e. Road Warrior Hawk’s triangle/blade facepaint head

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:01 pm

Thank you again for everything Carl. Truly amazing work.

So, at this point, this game is timeless isn't it? Arenas, moves, and now attires.

Ok big question, one of my worries from when the custom rings started to show up. Is this going to lead to some guys being spot on while others still look like fire pro because their logos aren't created? I know the answer would be, just create them yourself, and I agree, but will this be too overwhelming?

Like, I loved the custom rings. After Spike fucked the code, I haven't even attempted to add them back, using the mod or the workshop. Seems like a lot.

Maybe I'm lazy.

And babbling.

And stoned. :smoking:

rippermadrox
Community Member

Postby rippermadrox » Tue May 15, 2018 3:03 pm

Fucking game-changer! :markout:

Does the new part have to be symmetrical? Or would a "nWo" shirt or eye-patch be possible too?

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:26 pm

kikrusher99 wrote:Thank you again for everything Carl. Truly amazing work.

So, at this point, this game is timeless isn't it? Arenas, moves, and now attires.

Ok big question, one of my worries from when the custom rings started to show up. Is this going to lead to some guys being spot on while others still look like fire pro because their logos aren't created? I know the answer would be, just create them yourself, and I agree, but will this be too overwhelming?

Like, I loved the custom rings. After Spike fucked the code, I haven't even attempted to add them back, using the mod or the workshop. Seems like a lot.

Maybe I'm lazy.

And babbling.

And stoned. :smoking:

The layout for the new custom rings is better than the original, now you can actually separate the aprons and mats instead of needing one large image that holds everything.

Also, hopefully this will finally put the "no gradients" argument to bed once and for all; just make the texture yourself and apply it.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:15 pm

View619 wrote:
Also, hopefully this will finally put the "no gradients" argument to bed once and for all; just make the texture yourself and apply it.

I'm wondering if asymmetric designs are still impossible or if this is just the beginning.

I just hope someone makes a Super Dragon mask.

This community continues to kill it. Thanks guys.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Tue May 15, 2018 4:41 pm

rippermadrox wrote:Fucking game-changer! :markout:

Does the new part have to be symmetrical? Or would a "nWo" shirt or eye-patch be possible too?

Symmetrical how? There's still only one forearm, upperarm, shin, thigh, foot, hand, etc. spot on an edit...so if you mean can this allow you to make edits with different parts on their arms for example, no. I know that I say that's not possible a lot of the time and then pull it off...but honestly, that's not possible. It would require a complete rewrite of the sprite rendering code from Unity on up to specific FirePro implementations.

The parts work EXACTLY like the parts already in game. So if you mean do they mirror depending on which way the wrestler is facing, yes.

NWO would read OWN if the wrestler was facing left.

rippermadrox
Community Member

Postby rippermadrox » Tue May 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Carlzilla wrote:

Symmetrical how? There's still only one forearm, upperarm, shin, thigh, foot, hand, etc. spot on an edit...so if you mean can this allow you to make edits with different parts on their arms for example, no. I know that I say that's not possible a lot of the time and then pull it off...but honestly, that's not possible. It would require a complete rewrite of the sprite rendering code from Unity on up to specific FirePro implementations.

The parts work EXACTLY like the parts already in game. So if you mean do they mirror depending on which way the wrestler is facing, yes.

Ah, ok. So, Pierre Carl Oullett's eye-patch would probably be the same as the nWo shirt, and invert whenever he changed directions? That'd still be awesome. But, something like Zack Ryder's/Ruby Riott's one-legged pants, Steiners wearing non-matching boots, or someone wearing a glove or an elbowpad on just one side would be impossible?

Amazing stuff to think about. Already looking forward to having more accurate edits. :markout: :markout:

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:22 pm

I forgot the image is singular and mirrored.

Doesn't take anything away from this accomplishment. Will adding more layer parts increase the memory very much?

In say 5 years, will save data and mods be knocking on that 4 gb ceiling?

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Tue May 15, 2018 5:23 pm

rippermadrox wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

Ah, ok. So, Pierre Carl Oullett's eye-patch would probably be the same as the nWo shirt, and invert whenever he changed directions? That'd still be awesome. But, something like Zack Ryder's/Ruby Riott's one-legged pants, Steiners wearing non-matching boots, or someone wearing a glove or an elbowpad on just one side would be impossible?

Amazing stuff to think about. Already looking forward to having more accurate edits. :markout: :markout:

Yep, that's pretty much how it works.

justinp307

Postby justinp307 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:48 pm

rippermadrox wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

Amazing work guys! What a great community. :numberone:

Thinking about the nWo shirt and it needing to mirror, it makes me wonder how they are doing Naito’s Los Ignorables shirt that was shown in the latest Twitter images from Spike....

JP

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 pm

justinp307 wrote:
rippermadrox wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

Amazing work guys! What a great community. :numberone:

Thinking about the nWo shirt and it needing to mirror, it makes me wonder how they are doing Naito’s Los Ignorables shirt that was shown in the latest Twitter images from Spike....

JP

I'm sure it also mirrors.

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Tue May 15, 2018 10:33 pm

Just go the World Tour/VPW64 route and have it say "oWo" instead of "nWo" ;)
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

ninjabrute
Community Member

Postby ninjabrute » Wed May 16, 2018 11:21 pm

View619 wrote:The layout for the new custom rings is better than the original, now you can actually separate the aprons and mats instead of needing one large image that holds everything.

I'm probably in the minority but If we could go back to the old way, I'd take it in a heartbeat (being able to control all 4 aprons individually and not having to work with overlays specifically).

Phil Parent
Community Member

Postby Phil Parent » Thu May 17, 2018 1:09 am

That's amazing, but I think Carl says it right when he says the process is involved. And I don't just mean putting a potential new sprite in the game, I mean creating the actual art.

Your image in 68 different angles to put on the thighs. Worst case scenario, but that's a ton of work, at least from my POV, I'm not a graphics guy, there might be a way to do it faster. Maybe stick your 2D custom sprite on a 3D model and then spin it around and take screenshots, I don't know, that might be complete nonsense.

As far as Unity goes, I managed to open the files and could read my way around them when I originally got the game as a beta, but I forgot what I opened exactly and how I did it and my recent attempt (Trying to create my own Gauntlet Mode mod...) got me fuck all no where...

I readily admit this has gotten too technical for me to contribute. I peaked with FPR, it's all been downhill since then, I feel like a caveman watching you guys work this sorcery, just amazing.

I'll leave this to you experts! I'll promote the hell out of this though, you guys should work together and create graphical expansion packs.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Thu May 17, 2018 1:27 am

My graphical ability is somewhere between the level of Michael J. Fox and an epileptic 1st grader...so I will almost certainly not be contributing art.
Last edited by Carlzilla on Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Thu May 17, 2018 5:16 am

...and in usual Carl fashion, the second I say I won't do something...

Say hello to the newest edit part...Trunk Monogram

Yo_Charlie
Community Member

Postby Yo_Charlie » Thu May 17, 2018 5:28 pm

I hope somebody private messages AcidDragon about this. I'd love to see what he could come up with given the tools.

http://dctoyrevolution.org/images/fpweditparts.html

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Thu May 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Yo_Charlie wrote:I hope somebody private messages AcidDragon about this. I'd love to see what he could come up with given the tools.

http://dctoyrevolution.org/images/fpweditparts.html

I sent him a PM yesterday.