How do I...? (Mod questions)

Files for use in the modification of Fire Pro World on PC. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
initek

Re: How do I...? (Mod questions)

Postby initek » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:21 pm

heelsinc wrote:
initek wrote:Does the commentary engine have a way to play audio at the start of the match? Otherwise can you replace the "FIGHT!" audio?

there's a commentary engine? Can you link me to information about it please?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1987

hungerlow
Community Member

Postby hungerlow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:36 am

Is there any way to import ring/arena textures without having to use Carlzilla's mod suite?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it's not possible then cool.

magmadiver

Postby magmadiver » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:13 am

jking234 wrote:I've looked everywhere but can't find anything about this. Can anyone explain how to use the Zin5ki Yurakuen Hall Arena Mat textures such as Gym, Grass and Concrete hall? I hate to admit it because I'm usually fairly competent with these kinds of things, but I'm 100% completely lost when it comes to using these. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quoting because I've the same question and couldn't find an answer anywhere. Thanks for any help!

rey
Community Member

Postby rey » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:15 pm

For Zin5ki's textures, you use them with the Ring Mat mod.

You'll basically need to copy an existing set of textures .png, _floor.png, _stage.png etc and replace the floor one with the grass/gym/etc.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:06 pm

hungerlow wrote:Is there any way to import ring/arena textures without having to use Carlzilla's mod suite?

You can use UABE, but the changes are permanent using that method. You'd also have to dig around for the tutorial and figure out and make whatever adjustments need to be made to it since it hasn't been touched in probably 8 months.

hungerlow
Community Member

Postby hungerlow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Carlzilla wrote:
hungerlow wrote:Is there any way to import ring/arena textures without having to use Carlzilla's mod suite?

You can use UABE, but the changes are permanent using that method. You'd also have to dig around for the tutorial and figure out and make whatever adjustments need to be made to it since it hasn't been touched in probably 8 months.

Thanks.

Spongetown

Postby Spongetown » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:18 am

This is about a mod that DID exist but wasn't updated.

I went a bit mad downloading lots of wrestlers. (Thanks for all your work, creators!) Now the problem... There WAS a program that you could run and it would auto assign most wrestlers to the right place leaving you a few to sort.

Is there anything I can do that with now? I've used the save tool but that doesn't automate anything, just gives a less irritating interface than the game transfer.

So is there anyway I can automate this? Or some easier way to sort them into groups? Or should I just delete everything and start again?

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:34 am

Spongetown wrote:This is about a mod that DID exist but wasn't updated.

I went a bit mad downloading lots of wrestlers. (Thanks for all your work, creators!) Now the problem... There WAS a program that you could run and it would auto assign most wrestlers to the right place leaving you a few to sort.

I don't think any mod existed that did this, you always had to manually create groups and assign wrestlers as needed. Just use the mass deletion tool, then download in batches as you create promotions/stables individually. Either that or create the groups now, sort the edits alphabetically and start moving them in batches.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:36 am

Spongetown wrote:This is about a mod that DID exist but wasn't updated.

Is there anything I can do that with now? I've used the save tool but that doesn't automate anything, just gives a less irritating interface than the game transfer.

So is there anyway I can automate this? Or some easier way to sort them into groups? Or should I just delete everything and start again?

KactusKen's SaveTool did this...it was a python script and is long outdated. There's no current mod that does anything similar.

Spongetown

Postby Spongetown » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:14 am

That's the script I used and it sorted 80% of the wrestlers I downloaded.

Yep, I think it's time to declare wrestler bankruptcy and start again... *sob*

Thanks for the answers.

magmadiver

Postby magmadiver » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:49 am

rey wrote:For Zin5ki's textures, you use them with the Ring Mat mod.

You'll basically need to copy an existing set of textures .png, _floor.png, _stage.png etc and replace the floor one with the grass/gym/etc.

Ah yes, figured it out it out. Thanks!

hqppy

Carlzilla Free Cam mod glitch

Postby hqppy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Hello, im using the carlzilla freecam mod (the one that is in the mod pack) im also using a cam script to change the camera angles automaticly and i have 2 problems/bugs

first, on every start of a match, the camera is lost in the public with a high level of zoom, i cant see the ring all i see is a buggy floor full of crowd...
also, its interesting to note, that the first time i launch my game, on the first match the camera will work fine, bugs will appear only after the first match...

Second : if i create a script to get rid of the black bug at start of matches, every time the camera is changing i have a black flash on my screen, its annoying and feels buggy...

If someone have a solution i would love to know, because that mod looks great !

PensiverealtalkT
Community Member

Re: Carlzilla Free Cam mod glitch

Postby PensiverealtalkT » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:07 pm

odd...have you tried other camai?

Carlzilla
Community Member

Re: Carlzilla Free Cam mod glitch

Postby Carlzilla » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:17 pm

hqppy wrote:Hello, im using the carlzilla freecam mod (the one that is in the mod pack) im also using a cam script to change the camera angles automaticly and i have 2 problems/bugs

first, on every start of a match, the camera is lost in the public with a high level of zoom, i cant see the ring all i see is a buggy floor full of crowd...
also, its interesting to note, that the first time i launch my game, on the first match the camera will work fine, bugs will appear only after the first match...

Second : if i create a script to get rid of the black bug at start of matches, every time the camera is changing i have a black flash on my screen, its annoying and feels buggy...

If someone have a solution i would love to know, because that mod looks great !

Set the default angle setting to that actual default game angle...that's will fix the first problem.

The 2nd problem is just a product of the game doing something it was not meant to do. If it bugs you, don't use it. That will fix that problem.

hqppy

Postby hqppy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:45 pm

It solved my problem, thanks for the quick answer !

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:14 pm

Is there a way to make it so no name and name plate appears during entrances or reduce the time that they are on the screen for? What about a way to turn off pyro for certain wrestlers?
Last edited by heelsinc on Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:27 pm

heelsinc wrote:Is there a way to make it so no name and name plate appears during entrances or reduce the time that they are on the screen for?

You could just bypass the entire namplate...

Would take like 3-5ish lines of code.

I mean I won't do it...as I like nameplates, but yeah, it could be done.