I will pay money for a sound mod.

Files for use in the modification of Fire Pro World on PC. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
KingMob4313
Community Member

I will pay money for a sound mod.

Postby KingMob4313 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:35 pm

FOR TL:DR I NEED A CROWD NOISE MOD PUT TOGETHER FOR ME. WILL PAY 60 DOLLARS. I HAVE ALL THE SOUNDS ALREADY.

Heya guys.

Right now I'm working furiously on an grotesquely over-produced e-fed right now and due to my own stupidity, I've had to manually edit in crowd sounds to my video over an hour+ long video.

It came out awesome, but I can't deal with this anymore. It took me multiple evening to get the crowd reactions and sounds right just for one video.

Now, I can't seem to get unity to work with the game packages and I'm too frustrated to fight with it any longer to replace the sounds in the game myself.

So I'm willing to pay someone 60 bucks to put together a sound mod for me. I have all the sounds, I just need it put together for the damn game.

Can anyone HBO?

KingMob4313
Community Member

Re: I will pay money for a sound mod.

Postby KingMob4313 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:03 am

Farkinstino.

Okay, I guess back to fighting with Unity.

Zin5ki
Community Member

Postby Zin5ki » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Hello KingMob4313.

Have you converted the audio files into Unity .resource files? If so, the remaining procedure isn't especially difficult. I could give you some guidance if you would like.

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Zin5ki wrote:Hello KingMob4313.

Have you converted the audio files into Unity .resource files? If so, the remaining procedure isn't especially difficult. I could give you some guidance if you would like.

I can't get the decompiler to open any of the files. That's my first problem

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:52 pm

But any assistance would be appreciated.

Zin5ki
Community Member

Postby Zin5ki » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:27 pm

What exactly do you mean? Are you referring to the stage at which you import .resource files into UABE, or before then?

maikeru
Community Member

Postby maikeru » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:58 am

I could've sworn someone actually changed some of the sound effects in the game to the old sound assets from Returns.

Sparktimus, I believe?

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:11 am

Zin5ki wrote:What exactly do you mean? Are you referring to the stage at which you import .resource files into UABE, or before then?

I was just trying to get UABE running the assets.

Zin5ki
Community Member

Postby Zin5ki » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Do you have both a set of individual .resource files and a set of AudioClip.txt files?

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Zin5ki wrote:Do you have both a set of individual .resource files and a set of AudioClip.txt files?

Could you please link me out to the run down again, I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Zin5ki
Community Member

Postby Zin5ki » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:22 pm

KingMob4313 wrote:Could you please link me out to the run down again, I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I made part of a guide here, I recall. If you've passed this stage already, I'll instruct you on how to build the .txt files needed for UABE.

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Zin5ki wrote:
KingMob4313 wrote:Could you please link me out to the run down again, I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I made part of a guide here, I recall. If you've passed this stage already, I'll instruct you on how to build the .txt files needed for UABE.

Much appreciated, Will be able to attack this tomorrow night.

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 am

Zin5ki wrote:

I am stuck at the same spot: when trying to preview sounds, I get an 'FMOD" error.

Zin5ki
Community Member

Postby Zin5ki » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:56 am

KingMob4313 wrote:I am stuck at the same spot: when trying to preview sounds, I get an 'FMOD" error.

Where are you trying to preview the sounds? UABE cannot do this, unfortunately. Once you have created the assets in Unity, you have to give them memorable names to serve you for the rest of the process.

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Zin5ki wrote:
KingMob4313 wrote:I am stuck at the same spot: when trying to preview sounds, I get an 'FMOD" error.

Where are you trying to preview the sounds? UABE cannot do this, unfortunately. Once you have created the assets in Unity, you have to give them memorable names to serve you for the rest of the process.

How can I output the sounds to check what they are? I exported them to .s** files (not at my machine, can't remember the file name).

How do I check volume levels on the originals to make sure mine are on the level? I mean, are they brick walled at 0db or are they at like -4db, -8db?

Zin5ki
Community Member

Postby Zin5ki » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 pm

KingMob4313 wrote:How can I output the sounds to check what they are? I exported them to .s** files (not at my machine, can't remember the file name).

How do I check volume levels on the originals to make sure mine are on the level? I mean, are they brick walled at 0db or are they at like -4db, -8db?

I see, you mean the samples already present in the game! You will need Unity Studio (as distinct from Unity itself) for such a purpose. The samples themselves, at least for crowd audio, appear to be normalised and compressed to 0db.

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Zin5ki wrote:
KingMob4313 wrote:How can I output the sounds to check what they are? I exported them to .s** files (not at my machine, can't remember the file name).

I see, you mean the samples already present in the game! You will need Unity Studio (as distinct from Unity itself) for such a purpose. The samples themselves, at least for crowd audio, appear to be normalised and compressed to 0db.

Alright! Got it understood. I'll open them up with the studio to see what I'm dealing with (how deeply compressed they are) and will go from there.

Awesome, you def know your stuff.
-f

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Zin5ki wrote:

I see, you mean the samples already present in the game! You will need Unity Studio (as distinct from Unity itself) for such a purpose. The samples themselves, at least for crowd audio, appear to be normalised and compressed to
0db.

Seems I need this fsbextractor

Investigating. EDIT

Seems that's a bust as well.

I still need to kinda preview the sounds so I know how long they are, the ASDR on them and so on.

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:02 am

Okay, so I'm using the studio to basically create resource files out of my aiff sound files.

So after I've converted them, what's the next step?

Zin5ki
Community Member

Postby Zin5ki » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:25 am

KingMob4313 wrote:Okay, so I'm using the studio to basically create resource files out of my aiff sound files.

What you now need to do is to rename each .resource file to something you can remember, as you'll need to refer to each file manually later.

The next step is rather technical. Within UABE, locate the sounds in resources.assets that you wish to replace (CHLP0_000 for example), and select Export Dump for each. Doing so will create a set of corresponding .txt files. These are "dump files" that specify the location and size of a single asset within the resources.assets file.

What we need to do is update these dump files, such that instead of identifying an item within resources.assets, they refer to your new .resource files instead. This is how the audio replacement actually occurs.

Keeping their file names intact, modify these .txt files. Only three lines need to be adjusted for each one:

• 1 string m_Source — Change the value here to the name of the corresponding .resource file you wish to import. For example, if you were editing the dump file for CHLP0_001 with the intention of replacing the CHLP0_001 asset with the crowdLoop1.resource, you'd enter crowdLoop1.resource as the value here.
  • UInt64 m_Offset — Set this to zero. Since all of your .resource files only contain a single asset, there is no offset necessary.
  • UInt64 m_Size — Change the value here to the size in bytes of the corresponding .resource file. You can find this from the right-click Properties menu in Windows.
(I am grateful for Sparktimus's instructions here.)

Once these changes have been made, you will now have a set of dump files ready to import. We can cover this step once you've obtained the dump files.

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Zin5ki wrote:
KingMob4313 wrote:Okay, so I'm using the studio to basically create resource files out of my aiff sound files.

What you now need to do is to rename each .resource file to something you can remember, as you'll need to refer to each file manually later.

The next step is rather technical. Within UABE, locate the sounds in resources.assets that you wish to replace (CHLP0_000 for example), and select Export Dump for each. Doing so will create a set of corresponding .txt files. These are "dump files" that specify the location and size of a single asset within the resources.assets file.

What we need to do is update these dump files, such that instead of identifying an item within resources.assets, they refer to your new .resource files instead. This is how the audio replacement actually occurs.

Keeping their file names intact, modify these .txt files. Only three lines need to be adjusted for each one:

• 1 string m_Source — Change the value here to the name of the corresponding .resource file you wish to import. For example, if you were editing the dump file for CHLP0_001 with the intention of replacing the CHLP0_001 asset with the crowdLoop1.resource, you'd enter crowdLoop1.resource as the value here.
  • UInt64 m_Offset — Set this to zero. Since all of your .resource files only contain a single asset, there is no offset necessary.
  • UInt64 m_Size — Change the value here to the size in bytes of the corresponding .resource file. You can find this from the right-click Properties menu in Windows.
(I am grateful for Sparktimus's instructions here.)

Once these changes have been made, you will now have a set of dump files ready to import. We can cover this step once you've obtained the dump files.

Okay, so I noticed there seems to be some looping settings in the files as well, any idea of how to set those? Should they be (somehow) set in the audio file, or should it be set in the text file?

Zin5ki
Community Member

Postby Zin5ki » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:34 pm

KingMob4313 wrote:Okay, so I noticed there seems to be some looping settings in the files as well, any idea of how to set those? Should they be (somehow) set in the audio file, or should it be set in the text file?

The looping of samples is determined by the code in Fire Pro, as opposed to any properties of the assets. So long as your loops sound seamless, you can import them as you would do for any other samples.

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Zin5ki wrote:
KingMob4313 wrote:Okay, so I noticed there seems to be some looping settings in the files as well, any idea of how to set those? Should they be (somehow) set in the audio file, or should it be set in the text file?

The looping of samples is determined by the code in Fire Pro, as opposed to any properties of the assets. So long as your loops sound seamless, you can import them as you would do for any other samples.

Front to back looping, not 'loop point' looping. Got ya. That's for all the help.

KingMob4313
Community Member

Postby KingMob4313 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:41 am

Zin5ki wrote:

\

Okay, now I'm stuck back at another issue.

I have 6 files

Code: Select all

IdleCrowdLow
IdleCrowdMedium
IdelCrowdHigh
Surprise
EarlyFalls
FinishCrowd

Which covers the ones I want to change, unless there are more sounds involving crowd reactions.
I don't care about the 1,2,3 or the booing right now.

But I'll need to know which files to export to get those dumb files and without a list from you, or the ability preview, I'm kinda lost.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:05 am

KingMob4313 wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:

\

Okay, now I'm stuck back at another issue.

I have 6 files

Code: Select all

IdleCrowdLow
IdleCrowdMedium
IdelCrowdHigh
Surprise
EarlyFalls
FinishCrowd

Which covers the ones I want to change, unless there are more sounds involving crowd reactions.
I don't care about the 1,2,3 or the booing right now.

But I'll need to know which files to export to get those dumb files and without a list from you, or the ability preview, I'm kinda lost.

All audience cheer clips start with the following prefixes:
CHOS0_
CHOS1_
CHOS2_
CHOS3_
CHOS4_

All audience loop clips start with the following prefixes:
CHLP0_
CHLP1_
CHLP2_
CHLP3_
CHLP4_

As far as I can tell the numbers 0-4 refer to the audience's excitement level. So for each clip you want to replace, you'll have to have replace it 5 times with varying levels of excitement.

You can use UABE to export a sound by selecting in the list and using the Plugins button. You'll have to find the sound you're looking for and then use the method Zin5ki described above.