[MOD] Carlzilla's Move Data Editor - Updated for V1.02

Files for use in the modification of Fire Pro World on PC. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
AceThatRunsThePlace
Community Member

Re: Carlzilla's Move Data Editor

Postby AceThatRunsThePlace » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:21 pm

ninjabrute wrote:
AceThatRunsThePlace wrote:
dochappy wrote:Could you share the process in how you did these ? can it save to the edits or will I need the mod active each time I use the edit

The fatigued animation was kinda just a novelty test thing as it's not really practical for them to collapse after every single time they hit the move, but setting them to fall out of the ring for moves is easy. Just go to the AnmData tab and the opponents animation is usually number 2, but it could vary depending on how many numbers there actually are, but just set the Terrain Collision Type to "FallToOutOfRing".

And no you can't have it for individual edits, it's kind of a global thing and yes you'll have to have to mod active at all times if you want to use it.

Not practical of course, but if I want my guys to collapse every every knuckle arrow they throw, that's my business.

Fair enough XD

Under 1, it's the "Animtion End State". I think you can set it to "Down" if you want them to fall down instantly, but there's one which has a stumble first. Can't remember exactly which one, might be "Furara"?

IamAres
Community Member

Re: Carlzilla's Move Data Editor - Updated for V1.01

Postby IamAres » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:02 am

Finally started to play around with this. Seems like an invaluable tool for re-balancing the game how I see fit. Much appreciated, Carl. A few questions about how it does work and/or could work in the future:

Is it normal that modifications I make to a move (what parameters are used, etc) aren't reflected in the move set screen? They do seem to be applying in matches, as far as I can tell, but I found that odd at first.

Is it (could it become, I suppose I should say, unless it already is and I'm missing it) possible to edit the range of a diving move? As some of them have wildly different ranges, I assume this would have to be in the data for the move somewhere, wouldn't it?

Is there any feasible way to affect the speed of an animation? Like, say I want to slow a move down to 80% of its current speed, or I want to speed up a strike by a bit - is there any means of doing that easily, short of figuring out how to edit the animation frame-by-frame?
Also slightly there's something happy, so enjoy it!

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:12 pm

IamAres wrote:Finally started to play around with this. Seems like an invaluable tool for re-balancing the game how I see fit. Much appreciated, Carl. A few questions about how it does work and/or could work in the future:

Is it normal that modifications I make to a move (what parameters are used, etc) aren't reflected in the move set screen? They do seem to be applying in matches, as far as I can tell, but I found that odd at first.

Is it (could it become, I suppose I should say, unless it already is and I'm missing it) possible to edit the range of a diving move? As some of them have wildly different ranges, I assume this would have to be in the data for the move somewhere, wouldn't it?

Is there any feasible way to affect the speed of an animation? Like, say I want to slow a move down to 80% of its current speed, or I want to speed up a strike by a bit - is there any means of doing that easily, short of figuring out how to edit the animation frame-by-frame?

1) Yes, there's actually 2 locations for a lot of move data SkillData (this is what is modified by the tool) and SkillInfo (This is not). Skill info is used in some of the menus to pull up information without having to also load all the animation and form data contained in a move. So changes are reflected when the SkillData is called in a match, but not when a SkillInfo is used to get the parameters or name or something.

2) Yes, that information exists in the SkillData, but isn't exposed by the tool. The issue with exposing any additional data at this point is that it will by it's nature invalidate everyone's MoveEditor data...so I probably won't add this unless a lot of people start asking for it.

3) No, messing with animation data would be required, and the tool doesn't really do that. It's not impossible, but for that sort of thing you'd be better off asking spike for some sort of official solution, as there's still a lot I don't know about the actual animation data at this point, so editing them might lead to big issues.

IamAres
Community Member

Postby IamAres » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Carlzilla wrote:2) Yes, that information [diving move range] exists in the SkillData, but isn't exposed by the tool. The issue with exposing any additional data at this point is that it will by it's nature invalidate everyone's MoveEditor data...so I probably won't add this unless a lot of people start asking for it.

What if it was like, a separate small add-on, with its own data, rather than a change to the overall editor? Possible, or too unwieldy?

Thanks for the clarification on the other points, and for the modding work in general.
Also slightly there's something happy, so enjoy it!

Carlzilla
Community Member

Re: [MOD] Carlzilla's Move Data Editor - Updated for V1.02

Postby Carlzilla » Tue May 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Updated.

Added refresh button.

Link in the usual spots.

Cannonwolf

Postby Cannonwolf » Thu May 17, 2018 12:28 am

Hey thanks Carl, I know you have a bunch of newer things to work on so I appreciate it!

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Thu May 17, 2018 1:28 am

Cannonwolf wrote:Hey thanks Carl, I know you have a bunch of newer things to work on so I appreciate it!

No problem. This has been finished for ages...I just forgot to upload it, so it wasn't any extra work really.

Keep in mind that changes made to MovePack moves will not save do to the load order of PWGR Patcher.

If you want to make them save, you need to load the Move Data Editor after the MovePack, and the only way to do that is to rename the MoveEditor.dll so that it comes after MovePack.dll alphabetically, patch, then rename whatever you called MoveEditor.dll back to MoveEditor.dll before launching the game.