Is there a critical move list?

For any guides or helpful information regarding Fire Pro Wrestling World.
heelsinc
Community Member

Is there a critical move list?

Postby heelsinc » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:09 am

Looking for a list of what moves critical and what setting you need to have. Does setting a critical to "strikes" mean that ALL striking moves can critical? Standing running grappling etc or can only some moves do it.

Thanks for the help!

IamAres
Community Member

Re: Is there a critical move list?

Postby IamAres » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:29 am

It depends on the move. Moves that strike critical, for example, are mostly moves that you could expect to see KO someone in a shoot fight.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/927675-fire-pro-wrestling-returns/faqs/41246

That contains what you're looking for, as well as just about any other data of the moves. I don't know of a list that has JUST the critical info, but that's a good overall reference. It's only up-to-date as of FPR, but it should still give you a good idea of what's going on.
Also slightly there's something happy, so enjoy it!

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:31 am

Awesome just what I needed thank you

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:34 am

? on this

Jump Front High Kick POW KIK CRS KIK 18 2 0 7 0 0 0 NNYY FIN N N 0

so the Fin is the critical category does this mean this move will only critical if it is labeled as my finisher AND my Critical ability is set to finisher or can I use any critical ability so I can have other moves work AND set this move to my finisher and still have it KO someone?

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Postby TigerSword » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:49 pm

If the move is a finisher critical, it will only critical if your critical style is finisher.

bcthomas
Community Member

Postby bcthomas » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:23 am

That list, while a huge help, is a little outdated for World. There are moves that woudn't crit in Returns, that now will. Off the top of my head, the Diamond Cutter out of strong grapple. I know there are a few more, as well.

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:58 pm

bcthomas wrote:That list, while a huge help, is a little outdated for World. There are moves that woudn't crit in Returns, that now will. Off the top of my head, the Diamond Cutter out of strong grapple. I know there are a few more, as well.

This. Diving hip attack crits as a finish despite not being listed. However, i did have an edit using leg lift headbutt rush as a finish and she never got crits with it, which follows the old chart.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:00 pm

bcthomas wrote:That list, while a huge help, is a little outdated for World. There are moves that woudn't crit in Returns, that now will. Off the top of my head, the Diamond Cutter out of strong grapple. I know there are a few more, as well.

Sure about that? Pretty sure Diamond Cutter CRITICALed in Returns, it was the Ace Crusher that didn't do so.

bcthomas
Community Member

Postby bcthomas » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 am

senator wrote:

Sure about that? Pretty sure Diamond Cutter CRITICALed in Returns, it was the Ace Crusher that didn't do so.

Maybe I'm wrong about that one, but one that is for sure is the Guillotine Drop (leg drop) from the top rope. In Returns that couldn't Critical, but does in World.

IamAres
Community Member

Postby IamAres » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:02 pm

senator wrote:Sure about that? Pretty sure Diamond Cutter CRITICALed in Returns, it was the Ace Crusher that didn't do so.

The Diamond Cutter absolutely, 100% could CRIT in FPR. It was actually the basis of one of my favorite FPR moments - I had just made Randy Orton, this must have been back in '05 or '06, and he was among my least favorite wrestlers on the entire planet. (This particular time period of him still is. Love him now. Getting off-topic.) I decided "time to show this punk what the Diamondcutter's all about" and fought him with Page. Brawling outside, fairly early, I decided to pop off a DIamondcutter on the floor, just to give him a taste for what was coming later. And - WHAM - Diamond Cutter CRITICAL on the floor. KTFO. I rolled back in and took the count-out, and I loved every second of that count. :upsidedownlol:

There might be some (intentional AND unintentional) differences between FPR and FPW as far as the Critical list goes. There might even be differences between JB's list and the actual data, although that seems less likely. Probably better used as a general reference than an absolute bible, but still a tool that I've referred to a lot.
Also slightly there's something happy, so enjoy it!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:18 am

IamAres wrote:
senator wrote:Sure about that? Pretty sure Diamond Cutter CRITICALed in Returns, it was the Ace Crusher that didn't do so.

The Diamond Cutter absolutely, 100% could CRIT in FPR.

Yeah, 100% for Diamond Cutter but I can't remember at all about the Ace Crusher. My Regal edit had it but not as his finisher (I gave him the Front Grapple huge lunging punch as the "Power of the Punch") so I never got to see if it CRITICALED. I never picked the Ace Crusher over the Diamond Cutter just due to the animation.

IamAres wrote: I had just made Randy Orton, this must have been back in '05 or '06, and he was among my least favorite wrestlers on the entire planet. (This particular time period of him still is. Love him now. Getting off-topic.)

Exactly how I feel. 2005 Orton was routinely put in my wrestling games just to beat the shit out of :lol:

Now I'd actually use him to deliver a beat-down. Never thought that would happen!

IamAres wrote:There might be some (intentional AND unintentional) differences between FPR and FPW as far as the Critical list goes. There might even be differences between JB's list and the actual data, although that seems less likely. Probably better used as a general reference than an absolute bible, but still a tool that I've referred to a lot.

Yeah, until we really see the actual data or someone puts together a CRITICAL! list from experience, I'm kind of assuming that the FPR list doesn't control. I wouldn't be surprised to see some moves that used to be able to CRITICAL! lose that ability just based on mistakes in porting or decisions to remove that status.

I'm really hoping that Spike will give us like a ton of official data once the game leaves Early Access.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:32 pm

orochigeese wrote:
IamAres wrote: I had just made Randy Orton, this must have been back in '05 or '06, and he was among my least favorite wrestlers on the entire planet. (This particular time period of him still is. Love him now. Getting off-topic.)

Exactly how I feel. 2005 Orton was routinely put in my wrestling games just to beat the shit out of :lol:

Now I'd actually use him to deliver a beat-down. Never thought that would happen!

Probably my favorite Orton moment from recent years. The expression afterwards is hilarious.

djkm77
Community Member

Postby djkm77 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:30 pm

orochigeese wrote:
IamAres wrote:

The Diamond Cutter absolutely, 100% could CRIT in FPR.

Yeah, 100% for Diamond Cutter but I can't remember at all about the Ace Crusher. My Regal edit had it but not as his finisher (I gave him the Front Grapple huge lunging punch as the "Power of the Punch") so I never got to see if it CRITICALED. I never picked the Ace Crusher over the Diamond Cutter just due to the animation.

IamAres wrote:There might be some (intentional AND unintentional) differences between FPR and FPW as far as the Critical list goes. There might even be differences between JB's list and the actual data, although that seems less likely. Probably better used as a general reference than an absolute bible, but still a tool that I've referred to a lot.

Yeah, until we really see the actual data or someone puts together a CRITICAL! list from experience, I'm kind of assuming that the FPR list doesn't control. I wouldn't be surprised to see some moves that used to be able to CRITICAL! lose that ability just based on mistakes in porting or decisions to remove that status.

I'm really hoping that Spike will give us like a ton of official data once the game leaves Early Access.

My DDP edit had more criticals than all my other matches combined. I have zero idea how or why but he leveled every one with it. He was the only one who could take the title off The Giant and he did it with a critical.
"A dollar saved is a dollar wasted." John "Blood" McNally
Links To My Saves
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31
http://www.fpwarena.com/files/djkm77/