Basic Edit-Making Tips and Tricks

For any guides or helpful information regarding Fire Pro Wrestling World.
DM_PSX
Community Member

Re: Basic Edit-Making Tips and Tricks

Postby DM_PSX » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:53 am

View619 wrote:I agree with DM_PSX, filling slots with duplicate moves should be avoided as this only affects human players when that edit is selected for matches. Setting logic to use certain moves at 0 percent will effectively limit an edit's move set for simulation purposes, while still allowing basic moves to fill out the remaining slots.

Unless you're taking advantage of the properties for different move categories (small, medium, big), this is unnecessary.

They are bad to play as.
They are shitty to play against.
They are worse to watch.

The personal edit I was referring to as an example just spams the stab attack over and over and always does the scythe attack on the ground. What brawling? Use downed attacks and other actual strike moves to soften the guy up and pull out the fork later on during a good time. Also, use the "I got a weapon" taunt to link into the scythe attack to show it up a bit when you do use it. Otherwise, do some rough moves to the head like the elbow grind or the kick to the face etc...

No one wants to see a cyclone whip 50 times in a match. Put the cyclone whip in strong and add in a backswitch and/or strikes. Even use similar moves just to mix it up a bit.

I'll even add that the previous advice of using all the same percentages in move categories is very bad and makes it look like the wrestler has no game plan and doesn't know what they are doing.

When it comes to standing grapples, the button without a direction is often a strike, and the side button is also usually a strike or another plausibly repeatable move. Those should be the highest percentages by far. The others tend to be the bigger spots that happen less often and will have priority link ups.

Your ground moves should also include lots of repeatable limb/general purpose attacks, and the much less used big move(s). Use those

Same with the corner. Have a repeatable move (usually side), and up and down are your big moves to be used at the appropriate time. No one does the repeatable move near the end of the match. That is when you do your big top rope move for sure.

Random spots never looks anywhere near as good as a well thought out gameplan to win a match with a proper move progression.

When you learn proper heel vs face dynamics (shine, heat, comeback), make good use of the moveset, and really think out the logic behind where and when to hit moves, Fire Pro goes from being a good to an amazing game.

Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Postby Professor Voodoo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:10 am

I am aware of what the shine/heat/comeback is, but in a game like Fire Pro, which is built around the RNG (bear in mind I've simmed a crapton of edits), it usually doesn't work as well as one would expect. (unless you're REALLY dedicated to making it work, and even then RNG can crap all over that, with either side dominating a match, or it being a dead even stalemate) Usually what happens is, you get a fairly close match, a somewhat even, but not exactly down to the wire match, or an outright squash. The majority of the time, once the edit starts losing grapple after grapple after grapple, taking every shot in the book, what happens is, they usually lose quite handily, unless the opposing edit has really docile AI (mostly they rarely go for a match ending move), they have an extreme RNG outlier and win every grapple out of nowhere, win a clincher off a strike exchange (which if the damage gap is large enough, the battered fighter will do disgusting amounts of damage), or have some sort of perk like Reborn to allow them to soak up that much damage (and even then, that may not do much if they're taking a ridiculous beating and not fighting back) and those are all big IFs. Which is why my normal output tends to favor methodical, King's Road esque slow building matches favoring back and forth action. (Given how similar Fire Pro itself is to the King's Road style, this kinda writes itself, and even that's not a fail safe due to the way the engine works)

Next point refers to said personal edit, which I assume is Professor Voodoo. Now first, Voodoo doesn't have a weapon stab attack, as it didn't fit him to pull out a fork. Next, the scythe. 4% SML, 9% LRG, 9% ND, with extra bias from his head point taunt. If you saw him spam it to the high heavens, it was RNG. (the usual sim or so will see him pull it out at least 2-5 times, maybe even less) I saw Orange Slush pull out his ultra rare, 1% Burning Hammer 3 times in a single match (much to my extreme chagrin), which is a result of the RNG deciding to use that 1% category 3 times. (Now obviously, this isn't the norm, and higher numbers DO make differences) And as for the brawling, the majority of Voodoo's ground offense is basic stomps, (with the occasional basic stretch hold and dick kick) and I'll probably say you're kinda right on him being a WEE bit aggressive with one particular attack, because Voodoo has a 6% SML 9% MED, 6% LRG Bite % for his front grapple, which I will explain reasons for shortly. The vast majority of his grapple offense comes off punches, headbutts, and judo throws. (first 2 being standard dirty fighter fare) Next, I will say Voodoo slightly differs from my norm, given that he's a hybrid of my normal, King's Road based style, and the more aggressive (but not TOO aggressive for Voodoo, my style takes priority a bit more) FPCPP/FPWA style. The slightly liberal use of biting serves two purposes. 1: He's a dirty fighter, and dirty fighters cheat. In his case, he's also meant for deathmatch use, so he's gonna want to spill some blood. 2: It serves as a decent counterbalance to the MMA mount (the mounts do a fair chunk of spirit damage, moreso when adding extra transitions, and the extra spirit drain from attacks) happy edits that are part of said alliance, as the biting (mostly due to high bleed chance and repeated bleed stacking) will drain spirit fairly well, unless the opponent runs Heel or Mysterious, which will give them a spirit boost instead. His early match corner attacks are standard stomps and knuckle punches, then he'll gravitate towards running dropkicks and sandbag drops (my nickname for Waterwheel drops).

Now on to the neutral and side grapples being strikes, with grappling attacks accompanying the other positions. I can definitely see the logic behind this, it's something I'd use fairly often too, unless there's something else I think I can stick into that position that would fit it and the edit better. (Cases like using a side suplex for the side grapple function, or a front necklock for neutral, although submissions being put in neutral is rather common)

As for the whole put 2 moves with identical/near identical %s thing, I still stand behind this, depending on what you're aiming for. Bear in mind that this game is very much about playing around with the RNG, and if there's no reason to have a major bias for one move over the other (let's say a headbutt, and headlock punches), then it's not wrong to let the RNG decide which move will be used. Case by case basis.

Now for that duplicate move thing. View's probably right in that it COULD be beneficial for human players to not have to deal with duplicate moves, but how many people actually play the game on even a semi regular basis to warrant shoehorning a move in for that purpose? The front grapple slots have enough options to where it isn't really warranted to use duplicates (though if you wanna, go ahead), but what about other slots? Note these are specific examples I am pointing out (which is where such limited movesets would make sense), and don't apply generally. You said "everyone can do a backswitch". What about the extremely obese, out of shape slob who can't legitimately wrestle to save his life? The run counter, uh, yeah you can normally load those with basic strikes if need be, so I'm not gonna dwell too much on this one. What about the straight up Fighter type that's inserted into a wrestling context, and really doesn't know much about running strikes? Would it make sense to add a bunch of pro wrestling-style run strikes? Probably not. (though if you wanna go for it and think it fits well with the character, go for it). Extremely limited fighters do exist. Now these examples are outliers of course, which is how the limited movesets should be utilized, for those uncommon edits, but I'm just saying don't be afraid to use them if you think it makes sense. And now for some EXTREME examples. Barravento from the Amiga game, "Barravento: O Mestre Da Capoeira", who's a martial arts edit. His entire move pool consisted of basic toe kicks, or pump kicks, or maybe both, low sweeps, and a roundhouse. Now obviously I had to add actual moves besides that for things like ground strikes and MMA counters, but he's a source accurate character, and acts as such. Now the most extreme example I can think of is the One-Punch Man, given that he's all about winning with one punch. (granted I think he does lift, so you could put, say some lifting moves in, but One-Punch Man, character wise, is known for well....one punch)

Edit: Your Siberian Stomper edit is a case of using duplicated moves, with his back grapple double knee backbreaker using 2 slots, which as I have pointed out, is perfectly fine if it fits the character to do so.

Really, at the end of the day, it's how you choose to build around your edit that counts most.
Last edited by Professor Voodoo on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not enough to look like an edit to be an edit. You have to act like them too.

(The best limits are no limits)

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Professor_ ... pid=564230

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:20 pm

DM_PSX wrote:
View619 wrote:I agree with DM_PSX, filling slots with duplicate moves should be avoided as this only affects human players when that edit is selected for matches. Setting logic to use certain moves at 0 percent will effectively limit an edit's move set for simulation purposes, while still allowing basic moves to fill out the remaining slots.

Unless you're taking advantage of the properties for different move categories (small, medium, big), this is unnecessary.

They are bad to play as.
They are shitty to play against.
They are worse to watch.

My boxers all have duplicate slots of moves in front grapple. Small and especially medium grapple would be ugly indeed if I had to fill every slot with a unique move. Worse yet, with the low number of viable moves for boxers, I'd end up with a big glut of fighters who all had the same moves and felt the same. S-1 matches are a different animal, in any case.

I also think many managers and other non-combatant edits can get away with a simplified moveset at small and medium. They're not supposed to be full fledged wrestlers and aren't going to be working long matches.

DM_PSX
Community Member

Postby DM_PSX » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:18 pm

^Manangers / Valets

Wrist Punch / Face Slap
Slap
Eye Poke
Face Rake
Push Down

Headlock Punches
Low Kick
Headlock
Kick
Low Blow

Don't forget catfighting type valets. They can use the range of Position changes into MMA holds to roll around on the ground and do face punches and slaps, headlocks and the rare piledriver. Then you have the grinding hurricarana, the bronco buster, the hip strikes, and the bouncing hip drop. This isn't anything that Francine, Dawn Marie, Sunny, and etc didn't do on a nightly basis.

Looking to fill those 2 new priority slots?

Use a specific pin to link off your finisher. Then link that pin to a taunt at 100%.You now have a guaranteed win taunt. Use the other slot to link that taunt to another taunt.

Want a false finish reaction? Link a different pin to your false finish move. Than link that pin to a taunt (such as the shrug) with a sound effect like 'what?' or etc... When the opponent kicks out, your wrestler will react in disbelief.

strega
Community Member

Postby strega » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:55 am

good tips DM_PSX, will try those out this evening.

shameless self promotion but if anybody wants to take my edits for a spin and give me any feedback, i'd appreciate it!
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2093

FlashBurton
Community Member

Postby FlashBurton » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:04 pm

I'm testing an Underdog type edit, think sortof Mikey Whipreck/ Spike Dudley type guy.

I'm want him to take a whipping early on & mid match, be somewhat resilient & have a good chance of flash pins

So I've set him low Offensive parameters, mid range Defensive parameters. Tech Critical, Hardbody & High spirit with low everything else

Now Ukemi is something I don't usually mess with, but if I've got it right I want it high to low. So I've set that 30/20/10

Am I along the right lines here?

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Postby TigerSword » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:49 pm

Drop the hardbody if he's supposed to be underdog. Hardbody guarantees he won't lose unless it's to a very strong finisher. I forget the exact numbers but essentially there's a very high damage number that needs to be hit by a single move in order to get a pin with hardbody, and most moves won't get there.

DM_PSX
Community Member

Postby DM_PSX » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:58 am

The new anime eyes are great. They are near the bottom of the OTHER category. They really help with masked or painted faces. They can change the mood on the normal faces as well.

FlashBurton
Community Member

Postby FlashBurton » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:29 am

TigerSword wrote:Drop the hardbody if he's supposed to be underdog. Hardbody guarantees he won't lose unless it's to a very strong finisher. I forget the exact numbers but essentially there's a very high damage number that needs to be hit by a single move in order to get a pin with hardbody, and most moves won't get there.

Worked a treat, thanks Tiger.

I never knew that, that's the stuff I love finding out about in this game

djkm77
Community Member

Postby djkm77 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:52 am

FlashBurton wrote:
TigerSword wrote:Drop the hardbody if he's supposed to be underdog. Hardbody guarantees he won't lose unless it's to a very strong finisher. I forget the exact numbers but essentially there's a very high damage number that needs to be hit by a single move in order to get a pin with hardbody, and most moves won't get there.

For most edits try to stay away from any of the special skills at first. When I first started making edits I got way too carried away using these and still 10 years later I find an edit or two that should not have them.
"A dollar saved is a dollar wasted." John "Blood" McNally
Links To My Saves
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31
http://www.fpwarena.com/files/djkm77/

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:56 pm

djkm77 wrote:
FlashBurton wrote:

For most edits try to stay away from any of the special skills at first. When I first started making edits I got way too carried away using these and still 10 years later I find an edit or two that should not have them.

I think like 5 edits of mine have special skills. I could probably add some more but I think part of me is afraid to throw things to far out of balance. It's really only the super top level guys in a company that I even consider special skills on.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:06 pm

djkm77 wrote:

I feel the same way. For me, "special skills" are almost never given to a new edit unless I have a specific, unique strategy in place that really demands the special skill in order for the strategy to work. For example, "start dash" was a great way to simulate an edit losing strength/offensive effectiveness over a match but I compensated for the early match boost by lowering parameters one point lower than everyone else.

Otherwise, I try not to use special skills to enhance an edit that is already doing what I want them to do, at least not when they are a rookie. Something like "stardom" gives a rising edit a nice push or "1 hit finisher" allows a move to get extra over which can help the character. But that's the thing, it can help everybody. So I try to dole it out selectively otherwise no one really seems distinctive as a result if they all have it.

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Mmmm, I think Finisher is a pretty safe skill to give just about any regular edit, maybe short of jobbers or other low carders. Just makes finisher hit harder and have a better chance of getting the win instead of seeing a kickout. But I can see it being more special if planned long term to evolve an edit's move to be stronger over time, eventually graduating to the skill.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Yeah, there are three situations where I don't like giving "1-Hit Finisher" to a new edit:

1) Enhancement talent or rookies.

2) Edits that I like to apply a more even "impact" of finishers. Kind of like a "splitting face cards evenly" approach where no one special (including the finisher) is more powerful than the others or its purely context. Sometimes that can even be when one move is accessible in a lot of situations - like a Cutter - and they are all meant to be equal. Also there are situations where, due to the very fact an edit has a lot of ways to win, I want to balance them out by not having any one way be too strong. I take that approach for a lot of edits which is why I save "One-hit finisher" for a move that is either super rare for a "splitting face card" edit or for a WWE style edit who has one clear match ender that I want to see decisively win.

3) A situation where I am slowly building/upgrading an edit's finisher until their finisher reaches their highest evolution point. They are still "learning" the type of move so it isn't truly dominating until its final stage.

amsterDAN
Community Member

Postby amsterDAN » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 am

There are two special skills I never use, because I'm not too clear on what kind of edit would make good use of them: Focus and Adapt. According to TheDenizen/Carlzilla's guide, those skills make edits less likely to suffer a critical from some different types of moves. Is that all these skills do, or is there more to it? Do you guys have any advice on using these two skills, or suggestions for the type of wrestler who might have these skills?

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:16 am

amsterDAN wrote:There are two special skills I never use, because I'm not too clear on what kind of edit would make good use of them: Focus and Adapt. According to TheDenizen/Carlzilla's guide, those skills make edits less likely to suffer a critical from some different types of moves. Is that all these skills do, or is there more to it? Do you guys have any advice on using these two skills, or suggestions for the type of wrestler who might have these skills?

The crit prevention ones are very hard to justify using on their own as all they do is prevent a potentially awesome moment from happening. Might be good for shoot/mma/boxing edits who need some extra edge in a very character specific way. Or just on an edit you never wanna see waylaid via a specific genre of critical.

They're bundled in with reborn/monster though, just in case you really want to give an edit a sizeable advantage in a match.

amsterDAN
Community Member

Postby amsterDAN » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:37 am

soak314 wrote:The crit prevention ones are very hard to justify using on their own as all they do is prevent a potentially awesome moment from happening. Might be good for shoot/mma/boxing edits who need some extra edge in a very character specific way. Or just on an edit you never wanna see waylaid via a specific genre of critical.

They're bundled in with reborn/monster though, just in case you really want to give an edit a sizeable advantage in a match.

Thanks for the answer! Looks like I'll just continue to not use those two skills then, because there isn't a single wrestler in the game (and indeed, hardly a human on this entire planet) that I wouldn't enjoy seeing critical'd out of nowhere.

Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Postby Professor Voodoo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:37 pm

If your edit is working a pro wrestling oriented match, and you want them to have ANY chance of a comeback should you get a seed where they get outright dominated, enable the strike exchange. If the beaten fighter wins the clincher strike, the clincher will rip the aggressor's health bar a new one (I have stated this in an earlier post, but cannot stress this enough), allowing for a chance at a possible comeback. If the edit doesn't have the exchange enabled, and they get dominated, barring the EXTREMELY RARE chance that they win grapple after grapple after grapple, or have some sort of perk like Reborn or a special crit ability, they're done like dinner.
It's not enough to look like an edit to be an edit. You have to act like them too.

(The best limits are no limits)

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Professor_ ... pid=564230

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Professor Voodoo wrote:If your edit is working a pro wrestling oriented match, and you want them to have ANY chance of a comeback should you get a seed where they get outright dominated, enable the strike exchange. If the beaten fighter wins the clincher strike, the clincher will rip the aggressor's health bar a new one (I have stated this in an earlier post, but cannot stress this enough), allowing for a chance at a possible comeback. If the edit doesn't have the exchange enabled, and they get dominated, barring the EXTREMELY RARE chance that they win grapple after grapple after grapple, or have some sort of perk like Reborn or a special crit ability, they're done like dinner.

Video of this happening. These edits have 10:1 offenses to defenses, so your results may vary. But this definitly looks like the strike ex damage is based off the difference of health between the two.

dochappy
Community Member

Postby dochappy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:19 am

could anyone give me some tips on tricks and such to create the awesome appearances I've seen on these forums. There are some creations that just blow me away with how good they look but all my edits look amateur compared to the ones posted here. Also I'm having trouble with skin tones and tattoos. I cannot get them to look good.

Jetlag
Community Member

Postby Jetlag » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 am

Well, that depends on what you are going for. If you want to recreate existing wrestlers, all you need to do is look at their pics and try to replicate their designs, using every available part. Much of my edit making is pure trial and error testing the possible combinations and it can take a while. As you get more familiar with the available parts you will be able to find the right ones much faster.

If you wanna do fictional wrestlers, all I can say is don't berate yourself too much because that is counterproductive to creative process. Just try to have fun and don't overthink things in order to impress others. I enjoy edits with simplistic designs, not everybody needs to look like a modern fashion victim loaded with layers.

The best thing to do is to describe the edits personality that you have in mind, and try to create a look that resembles this personality. Try finding a good color or color combination and then experiment with the designs. For example, you can have a color coded roster here every wrestler has their own color (e.g. Misawa = green, Kobashi = orange, Taue = red, Kawada = yellow and black etc.). Or you can try to match the color to a characters personality if you are into that, e.g. red = intense and passionate, black = dark and brooding, green = cool headed and strategic etc.

dochappy
Community Member

Postby dochappy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Jetlag wrote:Well, that depends on what you are going for. If you want to recreate existing wrestlers, all you need to do is look at their pics and try to replicate their designs, using every available part. Much of my edit making is pure trial and error testing the possible combinations and it can take a while. As you get more familiar with the available parts you will be able to find the right ones much faster.

If you wanna do fictional wrestlers, all I can say is don't berate yourself too much because that is counterproductive to creative process. Just try to have fun and don't overthink things in order to impress others. I enjoy edits with simplistic designs, not everybody needs to look like a modern fashion victim loaded with layers.

The best thing to do is to describe the edits personality that you have in mind, and try to create a look that resembles this personality. Try finding a good color or color combination and then experiment with the designs. For example, you can have a color coded roster here every wrestler has their own color (e.g. Misawa = green, Kobashi = orange, Taue = red, Kawada = yellow and black etc.). Or you can try to match the color to a characters personality if you are into that, e.g. red = intense and passionate, black = dark and brooding, green = cool headed and strategic etc.

I prefer making original edits I guess I'm just getting discouraged because it is not coming out like I had hoped. Thank you

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:34 pm

dochappy wrote:I prefer making original edits I guess I'm just getting discouraged because it is not coming out like I had hoped. Thank you

It just takes a whole lot of time and trial and error, like Jetlag said. You say it's not coming out like you had hoped, which is a good thing because it means you have something in mind for what you want it to look like. It's just that it'll take time to get it there, but having that vision is a great first step.

Do you use the individual part rotation feature to see the details as you work on them? You know how you can select the preview part you're working on and rotate it, gives you pretty good look at how things are coming together.

But really I just think it comes down to endless scrolling through different pieces and either finding something like what you have in mind, or getting inspiration, and just moving layers around and trying colors and experimenting and seeing how it all comes together, watching them in the ring to see what it actually looks like in action... it's really a process.

Also, hi! I remember your edit from the FPCPP, big yellow/black/white masked guy with the spikey hair. Welcome to World! Try not to get discouraged, just have fun. Start with simple overall appearances and let them evolve over time. TIME

dochappy
Community Member

Postby dochappy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Wonderland wrote:
dochappy wrote:I prefer making original edits I guess I'm just getting discouraged because it is not coming out like I had hoped. Thank you

It just takes a whole lot of time and trial and error, like Jetlag said. You say it's not coming out like you had hoped, which is a good thing because it means you have something in mind for what you want it to look like. It's just that it'll take time to get it there, but having that vision is a great first step.

Do you use the individual part rotation feature to see the details as you work on them? You know how you can select the preview part you're working on and rotate it, gives you pretty good look at how things are coming together.

But really I just think it comes down to endless scrolling through different pieces and either finding something like what you have in mind, or getting inspiration, and just moving layers around and trying colors and experimenting and seeing how it all comes together, watching them in the ring to see what it actually looks like in action... it's really a process.

Also, hi! I remember your edit from the FPCPP, big yellow/black/white masked guy with the spikey hair. Welcome to World! Try not to get discouraged, just have fun. Start with simple overall appearances and let them evolve over time. TIME

I didn't know that was a feature. Thanks for the heads up. Really?? I don't remember making that lol

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:13 pm

dochappy wrote:I prefer making original edits I guess I'm just getting discouraged because it is not coming out like I had hoped.

I usually don't like to shill my own edits, but in this situation, I think they're a good example of what's possible with all of the available features.

I've created everything from regular schlubs, to people who've honed their craft over the years, to literal superhumans, monsters, and mythical creatures. Some of them are over-the-top flashy in everything they do, while others are dull or bland looking, but can go harder than any other person in the ring. Some of my least interesting looking edits have put on matches comparable to the greatest 5+ star matches that exist in the real world.

Making an original edit is all about building that character from the ground up.

What I find that really helps me is to research a bunch of wrestlers I think my original character could be based upon. Once I've got their personality figured out, I can move onto their moveset - Are they flashy? No-nonsense? Something in between? Then I figure out their appearance - My flashiest edits are oftentimes heavily inspired by lucha libre - Mil Mascaras, Blue Demon, Rey Mysterio, Mistico, Aero Star, etc. On top of that, many of my edits are based on characters in TV shows and movies, video games, and even some of those are parodies of already existing characters. There's so much that can be used as an inspiration that I don't even care about "it's been done before" and make my own interpretation of it.

As a general guideline when it comes to appearances:

I try to stick to a small palette, usually no more than 4 colors for an attire, and if the edit doesn't wear a mask, their hair color will be something that pops out. Start with complimentary color schemes - if those don't work, play around with analogous color schemes. Find a color scheme that doesn't clash too much together. Something like purple, yellow, with some other colors sprinkled in. Don't go overboard on colors and designs because "too much" can often make the edit difficult to look at. Too little variation and it can also be difficult to look at. I seldom use two-tone color schemes - I personally think they look ugly - oftentimes I'll take two colors and pair them with a gold or silver accent color and then use white or black to fill in. Rarely do I use both white and black in the same color scheme.

The same applies to the Highlight function. Most of my edits use it. I use 25% to add depth to the parts and on the body parts it gives the allusion of subsurface scattering, or being wet or oiled - 50% to make more shiny tights (a-la Velveteen Dream) - 75% leathery materials - and 100% for shiny objects like velour (See Rey Mysterio's more recent attires) or metals. The only times I use 0% is for dull fabrics like plain tights, jeans, khaki, etc.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.