Skills and You (aka old efed rules lulz)

For any guides or helpful information regarding Fire Pro Wrestling World.
daffu
Community Member

Skills and You (aka old efed rules lulz)

Postby daffu » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:59 am

Right now this is just some quick edited text from a list of rules I had in play around 2006ish or so for my efed FPN. I still go by these guidelines when I make a new edit. I wanted to do a guide of sorts but I don't have as much time right now to get something a bit more thorough written down. With a new audience there will - and have been - a lot of questions that may be common knowledge to many but not to those with no clue about what is Fire Pro. Until then, here's this silly edited thing.

First thing I do is assign a weight category, which is directly tied into which fighting style I allow the edit in question to use.

Super Junior Weight
Height: 5' 0" - 5' 5"
Weight: 90lbs - 150lbs

Junior Weight
Height: 5' 7" - 6' 1"
Weight: 151lbs - 220lbs

Middle Weight
Height: 6' 2" - 6' 6"
Weight: 221lbs - 259lbs

Heavy Weight
Height: 6' 7" - 7'
Weight: 260lbs - 400lbs

Super Heavy Weight
Height: 7' 1" - 7' 6"
Weight: 451lbs - 550lbs

Super Junior Weight
  • Junior
  • Luchador

Junior Weight
  • Orthodox - Restricted to heavier juniors only.
  • Technician - Restricted to heavier juniors only.
  • American
  • Junior
  • Luchador
  • Mysterious - Restricted to heavier juniors only.
  • Vicious - Restricted to heavier juniors only.

Middle Weight
  • Orthodox
  • Technical
  • Wrestling
  • American - Restricted to lighter middles only.
  • Heel
  • Mysterious
  • Vicious

Heavy Weight
  • Orthodox - Restricted to lighter heavies only.
  • Technical - Restricted to lighter heavies only.
  • Wrestling - Restricted to lighter heavies only.
  • Power
  • Heel
  • Mysterious - Restricted to lighter heavies only.
  • Vicious - Restricted to lighter heavies only.

Super Heavy Weight
  • Power
  • Giant

The table shown is why I have certain fighting styles limited to certain weight classes. I left out Shooter, Fighter and Grappler because I wanted to sim professional wrestling, not MMA style fights. The information was tallied probably from JB's old site, which thanks to him I got some of it back from the Wayback Machine here (click me!!!) I cannot remember if I did have the info for the missing fight styles at one point or if I never bothered to gather them, but now I wish I still had it available.

I'll go through more and add to this later. I'm just not 100% sure how much of the info I have is still relevant with the new game. I also want to edit out most of my opinions, especially in regard to CPU logic as my thoughts have changed a lot with more information. Especially information regarding what I used to think Entertainment and Flexibility did and what they actually do (THANKS JB!!)

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Re: Skills and You (aka old efed rules lulz)

Postby El Marsh » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:25 am

Nice. I feel it helps to have certain self-imposed guidelines in place for making edits and adhering to them accordingly.

That said, I'm just curious about how you would work with heavyweights or superheavyweights like Mike Awesome and Vader. Would you make exception for their jumping distance and/or breathing or would you just give them the same parameters as other edits that size with the caveat that doing their signature moved would really be detrimental to them (making them "high risk" in another sense)?
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:25 am

Is this based on fight style or return style?

daffu
Community Member

Postby daffu » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Kristofferson wrote:Is this based on fight style or return style?

Fight style. AFAIK return style only affects reversals. Even then I usually keep return style close to fight style if not the same.

El Marsh wrote:That said, I'm just curious about how you would work with heavyweights or superheavyweights like Mike Awesome and Vader. Would you make exception for their jumping distance and/or breathing or would you just give them the same parameters as other edits that size with the caveat that doing their signature moved would really be detrimental to them (making them "high risk" in another sense)?

I'm not quite sure I follow the question here. I didn't bring up anything about parameters so when you brought it up it threw me for a bit of a loop. Are you implying that because someone like Mike Awesome can jump far he shouldn't be limited to certain fighting styles despite his body size? If so then, yeah, change his fighting style if you want. Personally I don't like making edits based on real people so this quandary doesn't pop up often, or if it does I can easily change what I want to change because the edit is fictitious and it won't matter.

The table at the bottom of my initial post is based on behind the scenes info we have no control over (the link to JB's old site shows some of this). If you want to make a Vader that has better breathing abilities than one with the power fighting style then you either raise his breathing skill to compensate or you don't give him the power fight style because that fighting style has a breathing stat that is lower just because Spike decided it so. I really wish the rest of JB's site wasn't down now so I had access to all of this info again ;_;