Basic Edit-Making Tips and Tricks

For any guides or helpful information regarding Fire Pro Wrestling World.
kikrusher99
Community Member

Re: Basic Edit-Making Tips and Tricks

Postby kikrusher99 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:29 am

How do you guys decide what stats to give a real world edit for neck/arm/back/legs endurance (forget the name) when taking into consideration their injuries? And what metric do you use to place it on high?

Cpt. Spaulding
Community Member

Postby Cpt. Spaulding » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:46 am

Maybe it is ony my personal feeling, but i think the way how the Wrestlers/edits whip other wrestlers through the ring has changed from FPR to FPWW a little bit. Despite I have assigned to my spot style Wrestlers high Showmanship (above 75%) and high "Hammer Throw" (= whip Ins) in the Logic, i for my feeling too often see them whip wrestlers only in the corner or back to the ropes but not to outside.
This means I rarely have them set up for outside dives (and yes I know I can also assign bodyslams or vertical Suplexes in the Big Grapples spots to increase that).
But is there any way I can my wrestlers increase whip their opponents to outside? Or how do you all deal with that?
Thanks in advance

MBXfilms
Community Member

Postby MBXfilms » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:05 pm

kikrusher99 wrote:How do you guys decide what stats to give a real world edit for neck/arm/back/legs endurance (forget the name) when taking into consideration their injuries? And what metric do you use to place it on high?

I avoid injury unless it's a major deal for them. Maybe and Andre could have low leg strength as a weakness? You are building in weaknesses for them to be defeated if you give them low. I do wish they had the old Gameboy Advance setting for injury though. Old Wound, it made the part even weaker than low.

Mostly just how high on the card they are, main eventers are getting high in back and neck because those are the most comment parts targeted by moves.

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:02 pm

For my fictional edits I choose limb weakness low for what part of the body should logically be targeted. For example, Freddie Tavern throws lariats like crazy so I set his arm to low, whilst for a giant or a high flyer I would more likely choose legs. This is to reward edits that take a logical strategy with an advantage.

MBXfilms
Community Member

Postby MBXfilms » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Kristofferson wrote:For my fictional edits I choose limb weakness low for what part of the body should logically be targeted. For example, Freddie Tavern throws lariats like crazy so I set his arm to low, whilst for a giant or a high flyer I would more likely choose legs. This is to reward edits that take a logical strategy with an advantage.

I get the idea. BUT I think the body part strengths affect moves the user does. Not sure though. Like your arm strength effects the moves, so lariat using arm, so if you start them with low then you are really handicapping them a lot from the start.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Yes, body part damage affects the strength of certain moves. It's a built-in mechanic for rewarding smart part targetting; Okada's Rainmaker isn't going to put anyone away if he can barely move his striking arm, for example.

The base setting doesn't determine what strength the part starts at though, just how much damage it can take before being worn down. So an edit with an arm strength of low would still do base damage through-out a match if his arm is never targetted.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:36 pm

I'm not sure how much this has changed from FPR to FPW but this is what Jason Blackhart said regarding the Body Part setting for FPR in his System Guide (which is unfortunately no longer online)

Spoiler: show
Body Part Health Meter & Endurances

There are four body part health statistics: neck, arms, back and legs. Damage taken to these parts can lower the strength of your own moves that use those parts for attack power. Body part damage is taken from moves that attack that part in some way...

The body part stamina stats in wrestler edit do affect how much damage is taken to the individual parts. "Medium" would be considered average, with a "high" grade causing 25% less damage to be taken to that part and "low" grade causing 25% more damage to be inflicted. Unlike the first three meters, the body part healths can NOT be replenished at all. Once it's hurt, it's hurt.

Damaged body parts can also have other physical effects on wrestler. Leg damage will slow them down. When the leg health gets below 50%, movement speed is lowered by one; when it reaches zero, speed is lowered by one more. (Note that there are actually three speeds lower than the "Slow" option in wrestler edit that are only used in these situations. If the wrestler's leg health was at zero and breath was below 25%, it would lower the wrestler's usual speed by 4 notches.)

So I think he's saying what View619 said about the settings being more of a "rate" than "base health."

Would love confirmation though that this is how it works in FPW.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 pm

So... Limb health determines how much damage an edit deals to an opponent and also how much damage the limb takes from an opponent then?

I'm confused. :oops:

Say Edit A has high Arm health, and the opponent has low head health, will the opponent take more damage from a lariat?
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Postby TigerSword » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:39 am

Limbs all start with the same amount of health, regardless of setting. At medium, they take the default amount of damage. A limb set to high takes 25% less damage when attacked, and a limb set to low takes 25% more damage when attacked.

When limbs take damage, moves performed that use them are less effective and do less damage the more hurt the body part is.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:28 am

Less a tip or trick, but here is a list of every WWE employee in the last 25 years or so with their billed height and weight.

Just as a possible thing for stats purposes. I know I like to look at the heights/weight of people I'd considered similar sized as a comparison to work with (I ESPECIALLY do this with my gals. They're almost all based on actual female competitors).

http://www.tpww.net/info/heightsweights/

Bowman
ValMorgan

Postby Bowman » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:11 am

Severla 2.0 wrote:Less a tip or trick, but here is a list of every WWE employee in the last 25 years or so with their billed height and weight.

Just as a possible thing for stats purposes. I know I like to look at the heights/weight of people I'd considered similar sized as a comparison to work with (I ESPECIALLY do this with my gals. They're almost all based on actual female competitors).

Could've sworn..Shannon Moore was taller...

Must've got buried to much?

dochappy
Community Member

Postby dochappy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:37 pm

anyone have any tips for making a competent submission edit. I'm trying to make an edit that focuses on the arm and legs throughout the match and finish them off with his finisher arm submission or his rare leg submission.

problem is it takes him around 6 times of applying the finisher to get a sub victory. I'd love for him to work over the opponent enough so that in most cases his submission gets the tapout first try

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:49 pm

dochappy wrote:anyone have any tips for making a competent submission edit. I'm trying to make an edit that focuses on the arm and legs throughout the match and finish them off with his finisher arm submission or his rare leg submission.

problem is it takes him around 6 times of applying the finisher to get a sub victory. I'd love for him to work over the opponent enough so that in most cases his submission gets the tapout first try

Parameters are gonna be important. If they're too high overall and resulting in your edit getting opponents into large damage so early in a match that they're not gonna tap no matter what, there's gonna be more chances for the signature subs to come out and not get the finish.

Which of course also has to do with logic settings for the moves in question. You definitely shouldn't have any points for them at any damage level except near death. And even then, it should be pretty low. In my opinion, around 5-10% should be okay, but 10 might even be too high in some instances, depending on whether it's a face down or face up move and what the rest of your moveset looks like at that damage level regarding moves that set up an opponent in the correct facing.

Also, it could be helpful to link the sub to another move, whether a grapple of some sort or some other position, which move itself should be low logic setting to avoid spam and non-finishes. But if you do, then it would necessitate keeping the random percentages for the sub itself even lower. And don't forget to assign a F or S to the subs you wanna get submissions off of.

I mean the basic idea is to keep settings pretty low to limit overuse and non-finishes. I don't know what params and logic settings for the move you're going with, but if you wanna share those it might be helpful to see if you're on the right track and it might take some more detailed fine tuning, or if it might be a relatively simpler fix. Or if the edit is on Workshop, drop a link and me or anyone else who gets to it might be able to take a look.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:32 am

My submission edits are a bit different.

Mine focus on the targeted limb (or limbs depending on the submissions). By that I mean: Give them moves that target the limb - Armbreakers, etc for armbars, or triangle chokes - Things of that nature.

I also have their Joint and Stretch Parameters jacked way up, usually 8+ if I want the edit to finish a match with their submission. If they have a submission Finisher specifically, I might also give them Superstar so that the move can deal a lot more damage than usual. It doesn't always make the opponent tap immediately, but it usually makes them tap after a few seconds (real time; not match time) of being in the move. This is evident when using Carl's meter mod to show each edit's Health, Spirit, and Breathing meters - That's a part of More Match Options.

If the edit has Superstar, I'll give them a taunt priority sequence. Something similar to this: Armbreaker -> Taunt -> Armbar. The edit takes damage from the starting move, then the attacker taunts (activating the damage bonus from Superstar), and they apply the finishing submission. This enables the attacker to deal a pretty significant amount of damage to health and spirit, provided the defender's ukemi boost hasn't been activated.

I find that spirit nuking is the best way to create a powerful Submission edit. Find moves that deal a fairly good amount of Spirit Damage (using Carl's Move Data Editor to find most of that information out). Unfortunately, most of these moves are "finisher tier" in their own right, so try not to have too many of these in the edit's moveset.

To offset the high Joint and Stretch Parameters, their other Offense Parameters are pretty low, with most categories being 1 to 3 points, max.
Last edited by Dawnbr3ak3r on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

KingTyThe2nd

Postby KingTyThe2nd » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:58 am

Any ideas on how to work a slow paced match? logic wise? I have kinda been making my edits to an indy style, but I honestly prefer rest holds then big moves coming out the last 5 or so minutes

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:04 am

dochappy wrote:anyone have any tips for making a competent submission edit.

S P I R I T N U K E.

It's probably been mentioned up there between wond and emu, but this is the single most important thing a sub finisher needs to work.

For a dedicated nuker, work around these two design goals:

I. The edit's spirit damage will outpace its HP damage.
II. The edit will use the submission finish when the opponent is near 0 spirit.

You then have to pick an avenue for your spirit nuke: rough moves, flash pins, or MMA + MMA transitions. Certain lucha holds and ranas are also good for this. These are moves that generally have high spirit damage. Sometimes they are *pure* spirit damage, as is the case for flash pins and MMA transitions. Feel free to go ham with the relevant parameters governing these moves to begin with: it's much easier to 'fix' a high damage edit than it is to get one to a potent state.

Sub finishers generally have a harder time with things because a.) they don't deal a lot of base damage b.) the spirit boost from escaping subs can actually cancel out the spirit damage they do and c.) you need to nuke the opponent all the way down to 0 as opposed to the <~20% spirit some successful pins can win off.

Word of caution: successful spirit nukers need to be extra careful with their pinning moves. Barring special skill shenanigans, any pin that happens at a low enough combination of spirit and hp will end the match then and there. Fight styles with rollup reversals are pretty risky to use on a nuker, and liberally giving them pinning moves/prios can easily make them seem broken.

KingTyThe2nd wrote:Any ideas on how to work a slow paced match? logic wise? I have kinda been making my edits to an indy style, but I honestly prefer rest holds then big moves coming out the last 5 or so minutes

High defenses, low offenses, contain all big moves to large. Study the Wonderland, Denizen, Tigersword edits. This kind of style is textbook for the classic FPWA personal edit.

dochappy
Community Member

Postby dochappy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:52 pm

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1281430955

there is the edit in question. I upped his joint and stretch and removed any pinning moves

KingTyThe2nd

Postby KingTyThe2nd » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:42 pm

High defenses, low offenses, contain all big moves to large. Study the Wonderland, Denizen, Tigersword edits. This kind of style is textbook for the classic FPWA personal edit.

Fairly simple those guys are elite, but I think I can figure something out.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:53 pm

When World eventually arrives on PS4 I'm for the first time my Fire Pro playing life going to make edits for simming purposes, playing it is over rated. Watching pixelated men and women grapple in their underwear is what I want to do.

So this thread is going to be rather useful.

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:56 pm

KingTyThe2nd wrote:

Fairly simple those guys are elite, but I think I can figure something out.
KingTyThe2nd wrote:Any ideas on how to work a slow paced match? logic wise? I have kinda been making my edits to an indy style, but I honestly prefer rest holds then big moves coming out the last 5 or so minutes

Also can use the stall logic which will make the guy stand back a bit slowing down the match as well. Things like body slams, arm drags and snapmares priority into chin locks, sleepers, arm bars etc.

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:55 pm

wet_dog_smell wrote:So this thread is going to be rather useful.

There are definitely some high-grade knowledge bombs being dropped and I'm learning THINGS.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:30 pm

Severla 2.0 wrote:Less a tip or trick, but here is a list of every WWE employee in the last 25 years or so with their billed height and weight.

I also should mention to add to that if you sign up with Boxrec.com that you can get the height and weight for boxers from practically every fight in the last 100 years or so. That's helped me a ton, since figuring out what weight to put for each boxer is much more of a nebulous job than it is with pro wrestlers, who typically stay billed at the same weight for large parts of their careers.