The Senator's World of Edits! Booker T, El Samurai, Fujinami, Spinks Bros

Showcase your Fire Pro Wrestling World Creations - Edits, Belts, Rings & More.
View619
Community Member

Re: The Senator's World of Edits! (Buster Douglas, Jimmy Young, Sam McVea, Joe Jeanette)

Postby View619 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 pm

senator wrote:
View619 wrote:Probably a better approach to treat that Tyson win like it was a rare/freak sim result and base Douglas on his career average, tbh. That's just my opinion though.

A fair point to be made, and I always like hearing different perspectives. With most of my fighters, I want to take a snapshot of them at their best, especially with Fire Pro, seeing that I'm working in broader terms instead of being able to work in finite detail, I would prefer to accentuate things that set fighters apart.

With Douglas, it's tough because his best was several leagues better than his usual. He wasn't an outright journeyman, and did earn his shot with some decent wins, but reached another level once in his career. Do we want to see that rare peak version of Douglas take on the greats? Or do we want to make sure that he's only occasionally competitive against the true all-time greats? Both are valid targets to reach, and I might give Douglas a slight revision to ensure that he's a bit less consistent in reaching that top level, through some AI and stat work.

I'll have the same issue when I get around to Braddock, Rahman and some others, so I should be mindful of getting my stance down on this now.

I think of it like a freak sim result because we should consider the state of Tyson/his performance at the time as well. Was Buster truly amazing in the fight? Was it a combination of Mike's poor performance vs a solid opponent who capitalized the cause of the result? Maybe a final edition where if Buster reaches his optimal execution against a great boxer who is performing sub-optimally for w.e. reason, then Buster will be able to pull off the win? But he still remains competitive against boxers within his range/class and loses consistently to the greats performing at an average level?

In Fire Pro, you can have a sim vs two characters but the random elements such as grapple timing/criticals/cuts/etc can result in rare upsets for the weaker fighter. With a bit of imagination, you could tell a story behind it while keeping the majority of matches within an expected result range based on how you set-up parameters/ai/etc; like Douglas being fired up due to the death of his mother and performing at peak potential while Tyson was having a bad night with incompetent cornermen who only made it worse.

:P

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Re: The Senator's Creations

Postby fullMETAL » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:39 am

senator wrote:summon

Can you PM me the list of themes for the Santanas, especially Jr. and IV, for ARENA Rising?
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

senator
Community Member

Re: The Senator's World of Edits! (Buster Douglas, Jimmy Young, Sam McVea, Joe Jeanette)

Postby senator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:23 pm

Lots of new edits for Wacker Drive Revival, the Senatorial Office's Chicago affiliate.

-Junior Ellis (Referee)
-Bodybreaker Brown (Former PEWA hardcore legend)
-D-Man Daunte Thomas (Street fighter with an MBA and a big punch)
-Freight Train McMichaelson (Former NFL player who teams with the D-Man)
-Bebop Tiger Eiji "Jay" Sato (Jazz trumpeteer turned pro wrestler, one half of the Blue Notes)
-Big Robert Montgomery (Bluesman who founded WDR, the other half of the Blue Notes)

senator
Community Member

Re: The Senator's World of Edits! (Carlos Monzon, Jerry Quarry, Buster Douglas)

Postby senator » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:12 am

Added all time Middleweight great Carlos Monzon to my boxing roster. A volatile, unfortunate figure away from the ring, but a truly brilliant fighter who was a hero of Argentina in his time.

senator
Community Member

Re: The Senator's World of Edits! (Charley Burley, Ingemar Johansson, Fit Finlay)

Postby senator » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:32 pm

Got two more boxers done for the weekend, too:

-Ingemar Johansson, the Sweedish HW champ of the late 50s into the early 60s, known for his three fight series with Floyd Patterson, and a right hand nicknamed Ingo's Bingo among other names.

-Charley Burley, MW king of the Black Murderer's Row of the 30s and 40s, ducked by anyone who could duck him to the point that he never could pick up a proper title shot. A true defensive genius.

Timberwolf
Community Member

Re: The Senator's World of Edits! (Charley Burley, Ingemar Johansson, Fit Finlay)

Postby Timberwolf » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:46 pm

When you're on a roll, you're on a roll ;)

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:33 pm

Hopefully move-modding opens up a whole new world for your boxing edits, Sen. Always look forward to your edits!
“To Be the Man, You Gotta Beat the Man”

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:50 pm

Sooj wrote:Hopefully move-modding opens up a whole new world for your boxing edits, Sen. Always look forward to your edits!

My thought here is that I'll do one of two things:
1) Keep all edits on the WS unmodded, but add in move/logic change suggestions for using custom moves
2) Upload separate versions of edits that have modded stuff as friends only

Also, uploaded the X-Treme Kid, a Wacker Drive Revival edit who's far from a kid at this point...but still likes to keep it hardcore.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:30 pm

I like the second option, that way I can send you a friend request and get access to your edits early.

:D

senator
Community Member

Re: The Senator's World of Edits! (Bernard Hopkins, Charley Burley, Ingemar Johansson, Fit Finlay

Postby senator » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Added one of my all time favorites, a man who holds the record for being the oldest to win a World title(at 49!), the Executioner, the ageless Alien, Bernard Hopkins.

This seems like a singularly unproductive weekend, but I've done more setup work than finished edits, having worked on the Internationale stable for Wacker Drive Revival, and will be aiming for a four edit release in the next few days as such.

Wonderland
Community Member

Re: The Senator's World of Edits! (Bernard Hopkins, Charley Burley, Ingemar Johansson, Fit Finlay

Postby Wonderland » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:40 pm

senator wrote:Added one of my all time favorites, a man who holds the record for being the oldest to win a World title(at 49!), the Executioner, the ageless Alien, Bernard Hopkins.

Mine too! I've been meaning to delve into your fisticuffers ever since it came up a couple times in chat lately. I think I'm close enough to the precipice of action to tip over and find myself neck deep in a punching tourney. 8-)

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Wonderland wrote:
senator wrote:Added one of my all time favorites, a man who holds the record for being the oldest to win a World title(at 49!), the Executioner, the ageless Alien, Bernard Hopkins.

Mine too! I've been meaning to delve into your fisticuffers ever since it came up a couple times in chat lately. I think I'm close enough to the precipice of action to tip over and find myself neck deep in a punching tourney. 8-)

And quite the tournament that was! Jersey Joe vs. Vitali was an epic bout, and all hail Vitali Klitchko, the champion of the Wonderland Dojo!

Got all four members of the Internationale up last night, the Communist team from Wacker Drive Revival.

-The Marxist, Joseph Harpo: The leader of the group, the speaker, and a straight forward brawler who takes much of his influence from 80s WWF style. Harpo has had numerous run ins with the Capitalists, Anthony Kalb and Kevin Fitsharris in the past.
-The Revolutionary, Humberto Ortega: Harpo's long time associate, a Cuban export who bears a passing resemblance to Che Guevara in appearence. Ortega is the worker of the group, able to put on Jr. Heavy classics with anyone in the division. He's uber-laid back(probably because of his love of certain substances), and not as interested in "The Cause" as the rest, but can turn it up when needed.
-The Stakhonovite Warrior: The powerhouse of the group, his family immigrated from Russia after the fall of the USSR, and he took after the likes of the Ultimate Warrior and Sid Vicious in his in-ring style, wishing to demonstrate Soviet Strength in his matches. His Ironhammer press powerslam can put anyone away.
-Sarita Jean Watkins: An activist social work student at the University of Chicago, Watkins discovered the Internationale one day, and decided she needed to join. Green as grass, but as enthusiastic as a squad of cheerleaders, Watkins is learning the ropes, her undeniable energy giving her a chance against more skilled, experienced opponents.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:50 pm

While I'm far from done with the Welters, and still have some heavies to make, I've been chomping at the bit to start in on my Lightweight boxers, and as such, here's my target list to start with for the division. Do keep in mind, this category is basically fighters from Welterweight on down in a combined informal weight class, so there'll be plenty of fighters left out for some time who deserve inclusion.

Joe Gans
Willie Pep
Sandy Saddler
Henry Armstrong
Barbados Joe Walcott
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Manny Pacquiao
Khaosai Galaxy
Fighting Harada
Jimmy Wilde
Benny Leonard
Alexis Arguello
Aaron Prior
Julio Cesar Chavez
Oscar De La Hoya
Erik Morales
Marco Antonio Barrera
Shane Mosely
Prince Naseem Hamed
Arturo Thunder Gatti
Mickey Ward
Ray Mancini
Pernell Whitaker
Vasil Lomachenko
Terrance “Bud” Crawford

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:55 pm

Dude, you are gonna get burned out. Take your time ;)

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Timberwolf wrote:Dude, you are gonna get burned out. Take your time ;)

Haha, don't worry about that, I'll take my good time! After all, I don't have a 32 man Lightweight tournament that I'm deadset on running sooner than not. Many of these aren't going to be made for a long while. Still got plenty other edits to make in many categories.

Speaking of boxing, I have two upcoming shoot style boxers for Thiago Gracie/Dangerous Nicholas Alger's Ultimate Combat Shoot Style fed:

-Ricky "Violence" Valdez: a Mexican Light Middleweight with lightning fast fists, a vicious temper and wild lifestyle. Valdez wants to prove the supremacy of his all-action style of boxing, and impose it upon the world of pro wrestling. He also has no problem using every cheap shot under the sun.
-"Jumbo" Joseph Butt: an English former Heavyweight boxer with heavy handed one punch KO potential, and was expected to become a potential champion. Instead went into pro wrestling, preferring the lifestyle to that of endless training, sensible diets and high expectations. Jumbo's jovial nature disguises some real toughness, and few people have ever enjoyed powerbombing an opponent more than him.

I do have to say, Edit Burnout is certainly something to be wary of, I've certainly slowed down a good deal since the Early Access days, where I was churning out multiple edits per day. I'm still trying to average one per day, but it needs to be targeted, motivated work. If I have an original fed to work on, or a real life roster spot to fill, I'll jump on it, but simply editing to edit will burn me out very quickly if I've reached that point.

senator
Community Member

Re: The Senator's World of Edits! (Wilfred Benitez, Bernard Hopkins, Charley Burley, Ingemar Johansson)

Postby senator » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:08 pm

After a torturous day plagued with a massive headache, I got through it and made Wilfred Benitez last night. Try El Radar vs. Charley Burley for an all-time defensive masterclass battle at MW.

Wonderland
Community Member

Re: The Senator's World of Edits! (Wilfred Benitez, Bernard Hopkins, Charley Burley, Ingemar Johansson)

Postby Wonderland » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:38 am

You a fan of James Toney? :D I finally got the mod suite cause I needed no tie ups for all this boxing, and I can see some slick inside work coming from Lights Out.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:05 pm

Wonderland wrote:You a fan of James Toney? :D I finally got the mod suite cause I needed no tie ups for all this boxing, and I can see some slick inside work coming from Lights Out.

I do plan on making two versions of Toney, at MW and HW, they're different enough(and both important) to justify that. Might even see if I can get one or both up this weekend. Only other fighters I'll do that for are Big George and Tyson, both of whom had very different career phases with different styles.

Got my two shoot style boxers up for the Office/UCSS. Valdez is a crazy man, more interested in KOing someone than pinning them, and Butt is as much a grappler as he is a striker. I like how both of them turned out, they're well balanced with the rest of my Office roster.
-Ricky "Violence" Valdez
-Jumbo Joseph Butt

senator
Community Member

Re: The Senator's World of Edits! (Bobo Brazil, James Toney, Fat James Toney,Wilfred Benitez, Bernard Hopkins)

Postby senator » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Had a reasonable weekend output this time around:

-James Toney (MW)
-James Toney (HW)
-Bobo Brazil
-Downtown Lucy Brown (Wacker Drive Revival original edit, wife of Bodybreaker Brown, hybrid high flyer/hardcore fighter)

Sooj
Community Member

Re: The Senator's World of Edits! (Bobo Brazil, James Toney, Fat James Toney,Wilfred Benitez, Bernard Hopkins)

Postby Sooj » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:51 am

Hey Sen (as per request), I’m officially bugging you as a reminder if you’ve any time to give us edit-ordering folks a guide to how you’ve your promotions and stables set-up? World of Wrestling and World of Martial Arts, specifically.

Definitely wouldn’t mind seeing the WoMA save ordered first, as your fightin’ edits are world-class - also figured weight-class/fight style and/or era might be a bit of an easier task than settling on wrestling promotions, eras, etc. Big thanks, good buddy!

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Sooj wrote:Hey Sen (as per request), I’m officially bugging you as a reminder if you’ve any time to give us edit-ordering folks a guide to how you’ve your promotions and stables set-up? World of Wrestling and World of Martial Arts, specifically.

Definitely wouldn’t mind seeing the WoMA save ordered first, as your fightin’ edits are world-class - also figured weight-class/fight style and/or era might be a bit of an easier task than settling on wrestling promotions, eras, etc. Big thanks, good buddy!

I'll try to get around to that in the next few days, wouldn't be too tough to order World of Martial Arts, either. Appreciate the reminder.

Also, got two more originals up:

-Gang Wong: Trained at the Shaolin Temple in his youth, became a Kung Fu stunt man in Hong Kong in his early 20s, now moved to the West to challenge himself in competition against other styles of fighting. Wong is a top tier athlete with blindingly fast hands and feet, and will be a featured member of Thiago Gracie/Dangerous Nicholas Alger's Universal Combat Shoot Style fed.

-Josie J. Jett: Big booting long legged retro soul singer who teams with the Blue Notes in Wacker Drive Revival. She was a bit of a project, where my usual edit making process is to have a backstory in mind, and let that build the character, this time, I intentionally worked in reverse, coming up with an edit first, and then coming up with the backstory. Also, finishing her means that I finally finished all the initial projected members of Wacker Drive Revival, ensuring that all teams in the fed have at least three members. Here's all the teams for anyone who's interested. (or not)

The Blue Notes:
Spoiler: show
Big Robert Montgomery
"Bebop Tiger" Eiji "Jay" Sato
Josie J. Jett

The D-Team
"D-Man" Daunte Thomas
Mr. Moonsault
Freight Train McMichaelson

No Blood, No Fun:
Bodybreaker Brown
Downtown Lucy Brown
The X-Treme Kid

The Internationale
"The Marxist" Joseph Harpo
"The Revolutionary" Humberto Ortega
The Stakhonovite Warrior
Sarita Jean Watkins

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:24 pm

Great to hear - and more edits to add to my game’s Sen’s Odds and Ends promotion. Cheers!

KillHamski
Community Member

Postby KillHamski » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:32 am

senator wrote:Had a reasonable weekend output this time around:

-James Toney (MW)
-James Toney (HW)
-Bobo Brazil
-Downtown Lucy Brown (Wacker Drive Revival original edit, wife of Bodybreaker Brown, hybrid high flyer/hardcore fighter)
I'd request UFC James Toney, but I doubt there is logic for him to be taken down and instantly submitted.