the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Edit Showcase | Small debut update

Showcase your Fire Pro Wrestling World Creations - Edits, Belts, Rings & More.
C-Drive
Web Ninja

Re: the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Edit Showcase | Takeover Asuka update

Postby C-Drive » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:19 am

NickMD wrote:The edits look great and I'm sure they'd be fun to play. I just can't understand why you'd post pictures and talk about it when you have no intention to share. I'm not taking it this way, but it almost seems like you're teasing people by making such edits for seemingly your own enjoyment. If it's just gradients then I can't see why that's a big barrier in putting them online. Maybe at least have a Steam page for the ones you're actually happy with so people can at lease use those. I'm not meaning to sound like a dick but it's more a general curiosity about the whole thing.

thesmark88 wrote:I agree 100%

because everyone can do what they want to

There's a reason this thread is titled "showcase" - as in it's only showing. Don't muck up this thread with conversations about people's choices.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Re: the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Edit Showcase | Takeover Asuka update

Postby DakotaK » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:34 am

Thanks C-Drive.

NickMD wrote:If it's just gradients then I can't see why that's a big barrier in putting them online.

To keep it short, in this sentence lies the issue.
It's fine if you don't understand why gradients are a big deal, but you should accept the creator's stance on their own creations.
As for why post at all? To illicit feedback. On the off-chance someone has come up with ways to circumvent the lack of gradients in a way I haven't come up with yet.
And, well, I'm a member of this community and a Mod of this board. Why wouldn't I use it?
the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Showcase
the Gallery "R" | Dakota's Fire Pro Returns Showcase
orochigeese wrote:Dakota's World of Joshi Puroresu turns FPR into Fire Pro R: Queen's Special.

NickMD
Community Member

Postby NickMD » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:46 am

DakotaK wrote:Thanks C-Drive.

NickMD wrote:If it's just gradients then I can't see why that's a big barrier in putting them online.

To keep it short, in this sentence lies the issue.
It's fine if you don't understand why gradients are a big deal, but you should accept the creator's stance on their own creations.
As for why post at all? To illicit feedback. On the off-chance someone has come up with ways to circumvent the lack of gradients in a way I haven't come up with yet.
And, well, I'm a member of this community and a Mod of this board. Why wouldn't I use it?

My apologies then. Considering many on here have posted edits with the intent to share I didn't realize this was also a chance to showcase stuff you may or may not post. Sorry about that.

But the edits do look great though. Wish I could be of help with circumventing the gradient issue, but I'm hoping if this takes off here and elsewhere for PS4 they might considering adding that in later on. In the meantime I'm not certain how easy it is to make this part of a mod but could see that being a pain to try and do.

JamUpGuy
Community Member

Postby JamUpGuy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:49 am

I, for one, am very much enjoying the look at these edits, regardless of if they're uploaded or not. Takeover Asuka looks great, especially considering the limitation of symmetrical parts. (OT: Very sad to hear about her collarbone injury, luckily she's only out 6-8 weeks)

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Postby DakotaK » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks Jam.

And I'm finally done with the next promotion. Work got in the way of this quite a bit.
Anyway, here's the entire Wave roster and several of their regular guest wrestlers.
(click the image and then zoom in to see the full-sized version)

And again it's been.. weird. Creating is obviously fun, otherwise I'd just stop, but the lack of gradients continues to infuriate.
Anyway, next up are probably OZ and Pure-J, but not sure when.
orochigeese wrote:Dakota's World of Joshi Puroresu turns FPR into Fire Pro R: Queen's Special.

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Re: the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Edit Showcase | Full Wave & 1st banner update

Postby DakotaK » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Also, since it's my preferred way of showing off my edits, here's the first banner for Fire Pro World. 110 edits strong.
Only about 1/5 of the way to getting the edits on the current/final version of my Returns Save over to World. This will take a while still...

ninjabrute
Community Member

Postby ninjabrute » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:23 pm

DakotaK wrote:Thanks Jam.

And I'm finally done with the next promotion. Work got in the way of this quite a bit.
Anyway, here's the entire Wave roster and several of their regular guest wrestlers.

And again it's been.. weird. Creating is obviosuly fun, otherwise I'd just stop, but the lack of gradients continues to infuriate.
Anyway, next up are probably OZ and Pure-J, but not sure when.

Dude... these look better than FPR edits by far across the board.

dokoham
@@

Re: the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Edit Showcase | Full Wave & 1st banner update

Postby dokoham » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:23 pm

what is your steam workshop page :D

KingTengu
Community Member

Postby KingTengu » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:12 pm

dokoham wrote:what is your steam workshop page :D

This is an edit showcase, and are not meant for downloads.
Lucy is crying because of what Roman Reigns tried to do to Braun Strowman at Great Balls of Fire. Too bad for her she doesn't know that it was pre-taped (allegedly), lol. :P

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Postby DakotaK » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:45 pm

And here's the complete Pure-J roster.

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Re: the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Edit Showcase | Full Oz Academy update

Postby DakotaK » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Here's Oz Academy:

I've found a few little tricks to help me overcome the lack of gradients somewhat.
But there are still attires that just make me long for FPR's system, simply by knowing how much better they could look with even just 2 or 3 layers with altered gradients. That remains a source of frustration.
On the other hand I'm actually really happy with the gameplay tweaks that came with the latest patch. So that's cool.

ninjabrute
Community Member

Re: the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Edit Showcase | Full Oz Academy update

Postby ninjabrute » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Awesome work!

Trexasle
Community Member

Postby Trexasle » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Goddamn, when all of this is finally placed on the workshop it's gonna be insane!

Great Work.

MBXfilms
Community Member

Postby MBXfilms » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:30 pm

DakotaK wrote:I've found a few little tricks to help me overcome the lack of gradients somewhat.

Any mini guides or write ups on this would be welcome also if you have any interest.
Showing design combos ect.

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Postby DakotaK » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Here's a quick but fairly remarkable update.
3 new edits, 2 of which are the very first wrestlers I have created in World and not Returns.
Asahi, Syuri, Yuki Kamifuku

Also, here's a new banner!

I've also updated the first post with a statement on gradients and uploading, for those interested.

MBXfilms wrote:Any mini guides or write ups on this would be welcome also if you have any interest.
Showing design combos ect.

The earlier post probably did sound like more than it actually is, I'm afraid.
So far it's really only a couple wrestler-specific workarounds. Nothing worth making a guide for. Maybe down the line, but not yet.

View619
Community Member

Re: the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Edit Showcase | Quick update

Postby View619 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:50 pm

If these are all limited by a lack of gradients, I can only imagine how good they would look if you had access to gradients. Nice work!

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 pm

what is the meaning of gradients :?:

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Postby DakotaK » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:48 am

Here's Kairi's attire from the MYC finals.

Eisenheim
Community Member

Postby Eisenheim » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:53 am

dokoham wrote:what is the meaning of gradients :?:

Gradients was the possibility in Returns to adjust the colours by yourself. You had 4 panels in which you could compose yor own colour. This is in World not longer possible.

View619 wrote:If these are all limited by a lack of gradients, I can only imagine how good they would look if you had access to gradients. Nice work!

Nonetheless, you are a real magician with those colours, not just an illusionist, like me.
These are mindblowing!
It`s magic! Image

"I imagine Eisenheim living in a cartoon castle on a magical floating mountain in the clouds high above Germany, every room stuffed to the brim with a billion unique smilies. With Eisenheim wandering the halls, contemplating new and wonderful uses for them all." - TheDenizen

facebook'd

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Postby DakotaK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:35 am

Eisenheim wrote:Nonetheless, you are a real magician with those colours, not just an illusionist, like me.
These are mindblowing!

Haha, thank you. That's high praise coming from you.
Happy you like them.

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Re: the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Edit Showcase | MYC Kairi update

Postby DakotaK » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Here are two more promotions.

Reina (including some regulars)

SEAdLINNNG

hungerlow
Community Member

Re: the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Edit Showcase | Full Reina & SEAdLINNNG update

Postby hungerlow » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:31 pm

These look so good, which makes it torturous that they're not available for download on the workshop. It's unfortunate because there's no one on the workshop that even comes close to a collection of women like yours.

I understand and respect the gradient thing, but I'd gladly use them even without it as I'm sure mostly everyone else on this board commenting on the thread.

Anyway, great work. There's a clear amount of effort and care that went into making these.

Wonderland
Community Member

Re: the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Edit Showcase | Full Reina & SEAdLINNNG update

Postby Wonderland » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:34 pm

Wow, yeah this is a veritable SMORGASBORD of gorgeous looking ladies of the ring. The day they're released will be the day much more is released throughout the World.

Hikari☆Hana
Community Member

Postby Hikari☆Hana » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:53 pm

I really, really, really love your design work. I feel like I remember you from somewhere, but I can't recall where. Regardless, your work is definitely top notch. Love seeing all and everyone you create.

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Postby DakotaK » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:43 am

Thanks for the nice comments.

Hikari☆Hana wrote:I really, really, really love your design work. I feel like I remember you from somewhere, but I can't recall where. Regardless, your work is definitely top notch. Love seeing all and everyone you create.

That would be because we had some interactions several years ago (7, maybe 8) on a different site due to one of the old SD!vsRAW games. I think we also added each other on XBox Live back then, but have no means of checking that, my old XBox 360 is like halfway around the globe.