SPIRIT FC - Forming Roster Now!

GandalfInSpace
Community Member

SPIRIT FC - Forming Roster Now!

Postby GandalfInSpace » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:25 am

Welcome to SPIRIT Fighting Championship!

With the coming of Fire Pro Wrestling World, it brings unprecedented online play modes. While simming is a mainstay and the backbone of the Fire Pro community, there are those of us who enjoy actively playing the game and are very excited for the chance to pit our skills against one another for pride and glory.

What is SPIRIT FC?

SPIRIT Fighting Championship is an MMA/Shoot type fed that has an unknown but long history. Used traditionally for showdowns between real people in a local multiplayer setting, the time has come for SPIRIT to shine worldwide. Inspired by Pride FC and Pancrase, it takes MMA back to a simpler time, with a ruleset reminiscent of both (subject to change based on FPW's settings and options).

For the sake of simplification, inclusion, and also because I suspect there won't be hundreds of people in line to compete, SPIRIT is completely openweight and mixed gender. The philosophy is that it creates the opportunity for interesting and dynamic match ups, upsets, and compelling action. Also as mentioned above, trying to split up a roster of say, 20-30 fighters into 4 weight classes will make for the same match ups over and over again and bouts will feel stale. The idea is for it to feel like an online fighting game, like Street Fighter, with anyone feeling like their edit is a viable option and has a shot at winning.

NOTE: I would be willing to introduce weight classes and create new titles (but not separate gender rosters) if the roster somehow swells above 50 people or so.

What are SPIRIT's rules?

Spoiler: show
- All edits must obey a 199 point limit
- Closed punches to the head are permitted
- All title matches have no time limit, they are definitive contests
- All fighting styles are welcome, this is truly mixed martial arts
- There is no outside count, but fighting outside of the ring is not permitted (this is to allow people who get thrown out of the ring to have the freedom to choose whether the breathe or rest, weighing the risk of allowing the opponent to rest as well)
- All bouts in all match types are 1 ROUND
- Critical is set to high in all match types
(Dress Code)
- All fighter's must wear open or closed gloves
- No accessories, jewelry, etc. are permitted
- Foot wraps, bare feet, wrestling shoes, ankle tape, kickpads with boots or barefoot are the only footwear permitted
- All manner of tights, shorts, briefs, or singlets are permitted
- Knee and elbow pads are both permitted

What are the different match types?

STANDARD CONTEST - An SWA style match and the main contest type in SPIRIT.
SWA Match - 30 Minute Time Limit
Rounds (One)
TKO (Down 5)
Rope Break (On)
Lumberjack (Off)
DQ (Off)
Outside Count (Off)
Ciriitcal (High)
Conditions for win: TKO, KO, Submission, Ref Stoppage, Judges Decision (On Draw)

GAUNTLET MATCH - SPIRIT's idea of a tag team match, called "Gauntlet" because it is an ELIMINATION match. There is no cut play or team moves permitted.
Normal Match - 60 Minute Time Limit
Over- Rope (Off)
Rope Break (On)
Elimination (On)
Lumberjack (Off)
Tornado (Off)
Cut-Play (Off)
DQ (Off)
Outside Count (Off)
Critical (High)
Conditions for win: KO, Submission, Ref Stoppage, Judges Decision (On Draw)

CAGE FIGHT - No ropebreak, no escape. The electrified cage is where a fighter's merit is truly tested.
NOTE: Providing the exploding cage deathmatch isn't brought back, this event will be altered.
Exploding Cage Deathmatch - 30 Minute Time Limit
Ciritical (High)
Conditions for win: KO, Submission, Ref Stoppage, Judges Decision (On Draw)

If it's openweight, what are the title belts?
*** Title designs subject to change with the coming of FPW ***

Championships

King/Queen of SPIRIT

The main title of SPIRIT FC. Decided by standard SWA rules match.

King/Queen of Gauntlet

The tag-team titles of SPIRIT FC. Decided by Gauntlet rules match.

King/Queen of Cage

The deathmatch title of SPIRIT FC. Decided by exploding cage deathmatch.

Legend Championship

True Fighter's SPIRIT

A special title. The first fighter in the promotion's launch to attain the SPIRIT, Cage, and one of the Gauntlet titles will be crowned the first legendary fighter. Even after losing any or all of the championships, this fighter will retain this legendary title, and can only be challenged by another fighter that collects all three of the main belts. Decided by standard SWA rules match.

Roster Sign-Up

Create your fighter in Fire Pro Returns, and either take a screenshot yourself and send it to me along with the profile information and overall stat, or send me a save with the fighter on it and I will add it to the roster database here.

ROSTER COMING SOON

I also plan to create a closed STEAM group to keep it to people who will obey the point limit and keep out griefers.

Last edited by GandalfInSpace on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

brick9mm
Community Member

Re: SPIRIT FC - Forming Roster Now!

Postby brick9mm » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 am

Sounds good to me. Are you going to start the fed when Early Access starts or are you waiting for the official launch?

Either way, I'd like to take part in this as it somewhat falls in line with what I wanted to do with the online modes anyway.

GandalfInSpace
Community Member

Postby GandalfInSpace » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 am

Early access or at least as soon as possible. I'm in the camp of being unsure whether my shit will run it. If it won't I plan to upgrade but then I also have a wife. Even if i theoretically couldn't run the game, events could still technically be run i suppose.

Zankman Jack
Community Member

Postby Zankman Jack » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:51 pm

Not a fan of the Match ruleset... Why not just do normal wrestling matches, but, you know, "shoot"?

I don't dig the whole "MMA" shtick and I'd much rather prefer regular Pinfall/Submission standard wrestling matches.

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Zankman Jack wrote:Not a fan of the Match ruleset... Why not just do normal wrestling matches, but, you know, "shoot"?

I don't dig the whole "MMA" shtick and I'd much rather prefer regular Pinfall/Submission standard wrestling matches.

Not to be rude or anything, but it's his fed.
Image Image

chango
YAY! Go Deathsteaks!

Postby chango » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:59 pm

Love the idea...and the edits!

I had a similar(ish) fed called Katana.... with this shoot style I love outcomes that come out of nowhere! I'll definitely keep an eye on this... exploding cage idea sounds cool.... I might steal it! :mrgreen:

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Yay! Another MMA based fed on the boards!

I may have to send over one of the PRELIATOR talents.
ImageImage ImageImage

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Hey this looks great. I'll definitely keep an eye on everything. Best wishes with all of it.

Lexicon
Community Member

Postby Lexicon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:34 pm

The new age of the Fire Pro e-fed is here :lol:

This looks absolutely fantastic, Gandalf. Very well thought out, great logo, interesting rules, fantastic titles. I won't be participating as I'm not really one to PLAY Fire Pro, but I look forward to being a spectator and fan.

Great job 8-)

Leathers
Community Member

Postby Leathers » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:35 am

Lexicon wrote:The new age of the Fire Pro e-fed is here :lol:

This looks absolutely fantastic, Gandalf. Very well thought out, great logo, interesting rules, fantastic titles. I won't be participating as I'm not really one to PLAY Fire Pro, but I look forward to being a spectator and fan.

Great job 8-)

ditto. Anything with the smell of Pancrase on it ill watch/support. I'm not much for playing but you have a fan. Really like the logo as well.
Kevin Seven - Sweet 16 2017 FPWArena March Madness Tournament
Jaeger Flippo - Sweet 16 2017 Testing it Out Tournament
Hanshin Tiger -2017 FPWA BattleBowl: The Lethal Lottery participant

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:36 am

Ah, I didn't read that it would be user vs. user matches. Interesting now that we have online play.

Still, I will probably participate with some pre-existing or new edit.
ImageImage ImageImage

GandalfInSpace
Community Member

Postby GandalfInSpace » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:47 am

Leathers wrote:
Lexicon wrote:The new age of the Fire Pro e-fed is here :lol:

Great job 8-)

ditto. Anything with the smell of Pancrase on it ill watch/support. I'm not much for playing but you have a fan. Really like the logo as well.

I'm with ya there, if i had 200 grand startup I'd bring back pancrase classic for realz.

I had a hunch there'd be a lot of people feeling that way, just with the general simming nature of most of the community. I'm hoping with a new game, new press, etc. There will be a slew of new people joining the community. Hell it made me come out of the lurker shadows after 10 years or so. With new people, hopefully comes new players. We shall see.

That being said, it was hinted that FPW will have mass spectator mode so someone's gotta sit and watch.

Zealot wrote:Yay! Another MMA based fed on the boards!

I may have to send over one of the PRELIATOR talents.

I was reading about PRELIATOR on your site. I love it, so classy. I'm also a fan of your point limit. Over the years of using this fed as a personal multiplayer experience with my friends i used a tabletop RPG dice roll system for stats that i developed but the point overalls for the edits were more in line with your limit. (80-120 overalls generally speaking) i may alter the rules and lower it, i was just keeping it there since 199 is the FPCPP limit so everyone is used to it?

As far as sending talent over, i love the idea of a working partnership. If you weren't into playing the fighters yourself, maybe a sponsorship program where someone else man's your fighter? I dunno. These are things that will be worked out as release comes.

Edit: Yeah, lol you posted that just before my post Z, I'd love for you to bring existing or new edits in and fight for glory! Working relationship between orgs. Maybe i could send fighters over for sim matches at PRELIATOR, etc.

Stix
Community Member

Postby Stix » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:48 am

Count me right in! Looks like I better get "The Original" Ricky Marcus ready for his debut!

Zankman Jack
Community Member

Postby Zankman Jack » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:51 am

Makar17 wrote:
Zankman Jack wrote:Not a fan of the Match ruleset... Why not just do normal wrestling matches, but, you know, "shoot"?

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish by saying that.

GandalfInSpace
Community Member

Postby GandalfInSpace » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:32 pm

Zankman Jack wrote:
Makar17 wrote:

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish by saying that.

I think he's saying if you aren't a fan of shoot or mma feds, don't participate.

I'm not sure from your original comment that you understand what this is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_79_ZsR-mQ

Zankman Jack
Community Member

Postby Zankman Jack » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:50 pm

GandalfInSpace wrote:I think he's saying if you aren't a fan of shoot or mma feds, don't participate.

He is saying that it is your Fed, not mine, so, you get to decide the rules.

Which is a dumb thing to say for two reasons:

1. Duh.

2. I can still criticize it/express my displeasure at the ruleset in question (you don't have to care about that, of course).

GandalfInSpace wrote:I'm not sure from your original comment that you understand what this is.

I do and I want to participate in a "Shoot" aka Player vs Player aka a "Competitive" Fed; it's just that I don't like the faux MMA rules of Pancrase.

Why not just use regular wrestling match rules?

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:10 pm

Zankman Jack wrote:
GandalfInSpace wrote:I think he's saying if you aren't a fan of shoot or mma feds, don't participate.

1. Duh.

2. I can still criticize it/express my displeasure at the ruleset in question (you don't have to care about that, of course).

GandalfInSpace wrote:I'm not sure from your original comment that you understand what this is.

I do and I want to participate in a "Shoot" aka Player vs Player aka a "Competitive" Fed; it's just that I don't like the faux MMA rules of Pancrase.

Because it's his fed. There are going to be dozens of user generated feds when this game comes out. It would suck if they are all the same.

Zankman Jack
Community Member

Postby Zankman Jack » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:11 pm

I just explained myself, Jesus...

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Let me explain myself... We can all agree that you can criticize and like/not like his rules, but you are asking him to change his rules based in your taste in fed settings, which is ridiculous because in the end it's his fed.

If you want a "shoot" aka Player vs Player aka a "Competitive" Fed, create it yourself and have those rules that you want.
Image Image

GandalfInSpace
Community Member

Postby GandalfInSpace » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:54 pm

Zankman Jack wrote:

1. Duh.

Faux MMA?? UWFi was fully worked, but Pride and Pancrase only had a few fixed fights. Probably about as many as UFC has had over the years.

And because I don't like professional wrestling as much as I like shoot wrestling/MMA like Pancrase and Pride, Bellator and UFC.

If you want to play competitive pro wrestling matches, make a fed homeslice

TheMaskedSpanish
Community Member

Postby TheMaskedSpanish » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:54 am

Dammit, you stole the name i was considering for my future fed! :P

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:03 pm

wait for the save ^^

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:52 pm

GandalfInSpace wrote:If you want to play competitive pro wrestling matches, make a fed homeslice

And with that, let's get back on topic of Gandalf's fed and his ruleset he wishes to follow.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

MrRezister
Community Member

Postby MrRezister » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:41 am

Very interesting!
I really hope they get the online functions right so that matches like this *feel* fair.
Are you anticipating doing fixed times for live shows or having players compete when it is convenient for them and stitching matches together to make shows? It might be tough getting 10 or more players to have free time all at once.
Looking forward to participating when Early Access is up.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:54 am

Aww man, this looks so cool! I really dig Pancrase. Need to make an edit ASAP.
“To Be the Man, You Gotta Beat the Man”