SPIRIT FC - Forming Roster Now!

medisleman

Re: SPIRIT FC - Forming Roster Now!

Postby medisleman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:19 am

Love the potential for this fed as I like to play more than sim. Is a Gi allowed as part of the dress? (a la Gracie) Are headbutts allowed? (a la Mark The Hammer Coleman) Just wondering if we are sticking with pure Pancrase or more Pride style?

Pride Never Die!

BrentDelivine

Postby BrentDelivine » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:09 am

This looks extremely promising. Loving the Pancrase vibe.

GandalfInSpace
Community Member

Postby GandalfInSpace » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:36 pm

MrRezister wrote:Very interesting!
I really hope they get the online functions right so that matches like this *feel* fair.
Are you anticipating doing fixed times for live shows or having players compete when it is convenient for them and stitching matches together to make shows? It might be tough getting 10 or more players to have free time all at once.
Looking forward to participating when Early Access is up.

This is true. I was planning the former but your post is making me rethink the latter as a possibility.

Edit- At the same time, if there is a built in spectator mode, you'd want people to be compelled to watch. Also this is all old school tournament style, no modern crooked booking. (Hopefully) large scale tournaments done in blocks, those blocks stitched together.

And regarding fair online play, i worry people will abuse a point limit alone and stat stack. This is why i made up the (probably not well thought out and should be improved after 5 years) tabletop rpg dice roll thing because my friends choosing thier own stats was problematic at first.

Spoiler: show

It's all really hard to say until we know more of the online capabilities, but I'm open to ideas.

medisleman wrote:Love the potential for this fed as I like to play more than sim. Is a Gi allowed as part of the dress? (a la Gracie) Are headbutts allowed? (a la Mark The Hammer Coleman) Just wondering if we are sticking with pure Pancrase or more Pride style?

Pride Never Die!

Yeah gi for sure, headbutts are also a yes. I know headbutts weren't allowed in either Pancrase or pride but no one is at risk of too many injuries, brain damage, etc. So fuck it, why not? I'll rewrite the rules on my weekend to be a bit more thorough and clear.

Think of this as sort of a pride fed, with a bit of over-the-top, no-holds-barred underground 1970's pit fighting action. It is inspired by my love for those two real world feds, but it will be its own beast.

dokoham wrote:wait for the save ^^

I will post my FPR save with rings, logos, belts, and my/my friends fighters also on my day off after changing some names to protect identities. Just to appease the hamster.

TheMaskedSpanish wrote:Dammit, you stole the name i was considering for my future fed! :P

Care to join me? I was thinking of making a governing body anyway, will need other judges, officials, etc. Especially if this grows into something.

In my defense I've been using this name (well, it used to be called SPIRIT Wrestle Championship) for nearly 5 years now.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:54 pm

I really like the whole concept of this fed, as I'd rather play Fire Pro than sim.

I'll be watching when it all begins hopefully, shame I have a PS4 otherwise I'd join in.

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

GandalfInSpace
Community Member

Postby GandalfInSpace » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:53 am

fullMETAL wrote:Not to burst your bubble, but...
https://www.facebook.com/pg/zbroschampi ... 0304712056

You sum'bitch

Burstin' mah bubble like that

GandalfInSpace
Community Member

Postby GandalfInSpace » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:51 am

Sorry for the double post.

So I wen't back to the drawing board and I think I've chosen a new name...

Behold!

Any takers?

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:15 pm

:lol:

I guess the main event would be Joey Chestnut vs. a kodiak bear.
ImageImage ImageImage

GandalfInSpace
Community Member

Postby GandalfInSpace » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Zealot wrote::lol:

I guess the main event would be Joey Chestnut vs. a kodiak bear.

First one to eat the other wins, no closed fists, no elbows

Return to “Non-Sim & Competitive E-Feds”