FPWA Women's March Madness 2018 Tournament - AWARDS ANNOUNCED!

For Fire Pro Wrestling World-based E-Feds.
Timberwolf
Community Member

Re: FPWA Women's March Madness 2018 Tournament - STREAM DATE ANNOUNCED!

Postby Timberwolf » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Skylar Walker is working out in the gym when her trainer Tasha Wolf walks in the gym.

"Good workout today," said Tasha. "Are you ready for the tournament?"

"Damn straight," said Skylar without hesitation. "You sure you made the right call dropping out of the tournament and putting me in there?"

"Yes," said Tasha. "I'm working on a business arrangement and I don't have time to wrestle at the moment. So you are the perfect choice to replace me."

"Why me?" Skylar asked. "Why not Stephanie or Bertha? Especially why not Natalie? All three are better than I am."

"Don't sell yourself short," said Tasha, putting her hand on Skylar's shoulder in a show of encouragement. "You have a lot of talent and you will go places someday. What better way to get started than in a nationally broadcasted tournament against some of the best that women's wrestling has to offer?"

"Good point," said Skylar. "What do you know about my opponent in the first round?"

Tasha looks over a file that she brought with her.

"Elise Pichon," said Tasha, closing the file shut. "Sounds like a rich girl name. I'm willing to bet she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth."

"Ugh. I hate those snobby rich bitches," said Skylar. "She probably has an iPhone in a gold case. She probably primps and preens in front of a mirror for hours."

Skylar rolls her eyes as Tasha laughs.

"Probably, but don't take her lightly," said Tasha. "She does have talent in the ring despite her small stature."

"I know," said Skylar. "I'm ready for her. I'm ready to shove that silver spoon up her ass and kick her ass so bad that she will go home crying and hugging her mommy's skirt."

"That's the confidence that I wanted to hear from you," said Tasha. "Let's you and me get in the ring for a sparring session."

"Sounds good," said Skylar as she picks up her towel and a water bottle. They walk over to one of the rings in the gym as the scene fades out.

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Don't forget. This Tuesday at 7pm CDT.

Dark matches will begin around 6:30pm CDT or so.

Twitch channel is http://www.twitch.tv/todd300 if you have never been in my streams before. Follow and add to your notifications.

dochappy
Community Member

Postby dochappy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 am

updated Cypress with a attire for the event. it's the silver and black one

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 am

Speaking of edit updates, I do not have Carl's moveset mod and have no plans to install it in the near future though that's on my to-do list.

So if anyone made any updates on their March Madness using Carl's moveset mod, I won't be able to use it. If I sim a match in the tournament and the game freezes on me because the edit was modded, that edit will be disqualified from the tournament. So be sure that you don't make any modded updates to your March Madness edits.

For those of you unable to attend the stream, but would like live updates, I'll have the bracket on Challonge with live updates after each match. Link to be provided once the bracket is set up on Challonge.

And one last thing - due to the time differences across the United States, handlers from the East Coast will see their edits go first in the stream with handlers from the west coast getting their edits appearing last in the show. If a match has edits with handlers from both coasts, I'll try and put that match in the middle of the show to be fair. As for those of you from overseas, sorry, but I'm only available to do this at my own time. I will, however, have a video on Twitch after the stream.

I'll put a lineup of the match order later on this morning as I figure it out. There will be 16 matches for Day 1, all first round matches in exhibition mode. Then Day 2 will go into tournament mode for the Sweet 16 to the final.

Questions, let me know :)

Timberwolf
Community Member

Re: FPWA Women's March Madness 2018 Tournament - TONIGHT 7PM CDT!!!

Postby Timberwolf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Bracket is now at https://challonge.com/cqzcdbgb

Make your predictions. I should have done this sooner as I didn't know Challonge had a prediction option. Tonight, I'll update the bracket in real time.

As for match line up, basically, the Kitty Dee Bracket will go first and I'll go from there.

Dark matches begin at 6:30pm CDT as follows -

Ayumi vs Molly Cule - two edits who were left out of the tournament get a chance to show their stuff

Tasha Wolf vs Anna Belle - I have decided to retire my Tasha Wolf edit from full time competition as she wil lbe the new owner of a women's fed that I'm kicking back up in May. This is her final official match as an active wrestler. Basically, she is passing the torch to Anna Belle, who will be the featured wrestler in my women's fed.

if time permits, then:

Stephanie Meyers vs Bertha Banks - two hard hitting edits of mine face off in what should be the start of a rivalry once my women's fed kicks off.

See you at 6:30pm CDT for the dark matches and 7pm CDT for the tournament.

If people feel up to it, I can do the whole tournament in one night, but I can resume tomorrow if it comes to it. We'll play it by ear.

Love Wilcox
Community Member

Re: FPWA Women's March Madness 2018 Tournament - TONIGHT 7PM CDT!!!

Postby Love Wilcox » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 pm

I'm really looking forward to it :D It's a bit of a late start for me (I'm in England) but I'll be sure to catch up on everything first thing in the morning. Please Indie at least make it past the first round! xD
My original edits: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1140

Timberwolf
Community Member

Re: FPWA Women's March Madness 2018 Tournament -Now LIVE!!!

Postby Timberwolf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:40 pm

Now live with dark matches under way!

Tournament starts at 7pm CDT.

Timberwolf
Community Member

Re: FPWA Women's March Madness 2018 Tournament - COMPLETE!

Postby Timberwolf » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:27 am

Tournament is over - Full Video at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/238491074 - First half hour are dark matches. I didn't put Ayumi in the dark matches because I lost her spot in my save file at first.

Bracket at - https://challonge.com/cqzcdbgb

Please post all comment in spoilers.

Congratulations to the champion.

I'll announce awards Wednesday sometime.

Thank you to everyone for coming to the stream. Thank you to Zealot for helping me and for the awesome ring design.

DDTKID
Community Member

Postby DDTKID » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:33 am

Drakaina
Spoiler: show
MY FIGHT MONEY!!!!!! hell of a tournament though hope I get to fight with some of you in the future

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:59 am

Anahera speaks following the tournament's conclusion

The Maori fighter is worn out, somewhat, but wears a confident grin. "Kia ora... surprised? Maybe you are, maybe you aren't... but I've proven in Phoenix Rising I've got what it takes to face off against the best of the best... and now, here at this tournament, I proved myself as the best in the field. I did what I said I'd do... I pushed through until someone showed they could stop me, a proud Maori warrior. But I won't say that it was easy. I have all the respect in the world for every single opponent I faced in this tournament. And I'm going to remember this for the rest of my life. Just like I'm sure people are going to remember my name for this victory. I thank you all for the opportunity, for the chance to show what I can do, for allowing me to be a part of such a great event. Until next time, then... I'll continue doing what I do best. And... I hope I didn't cause too much harm at the end."
The edits of Phoenix Rising can always be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1174511351
Phoenix Rising can be found on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/firehawk2289 and on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/Kileas

Bowman
ValMorgan

Postby Bowman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:17 am

Cassandra Wayne & Elise Pichon
Cassandra Wayne is sitting on a chair outside a hall in the backstage area, she has an icepack draped over one shoulder and a towel draped over the other

The clacking of heels can be heard, increasing as Cassandra turns to find Elise Pichon approaching her.

Elise: Votre performance était risible chérie

Cassandra stands to face Elise

Elise: There is a reason lessers like you fail time and time again... You never truly want it bad enough. Just enough to see every hope or dream taken from you while you are inch away.

Elise: You need to break this "Moral high ground". Its disgusting, It made you lose in round 1 to someone I sent to the hôpital! Are you willing to do that you coward!

Cassandra gets visibly angrier

Elise: Oui! c'est ce que je veux voir, fâché!

Elise: That fire is what your gonna need! it needs to be a second skin if you wish to succeed in this life. You will get nothing being the virtuous one, You grab life by the throat and you make it give you everything you want.

Elise: If you are unwilling, join the billions of other lessers in line, join your pitiful blue color parents in line. I have no problem taking advantage of people like that, of people like you.

Elise chuckles and walks down into a nearby corridor as Cassandra slumps back into her chair.

And once again, Thanks Tim for the wonderful tournament. Congratulations Firehawk!
Last edited by Bowman on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dochappy
Community Member

Postby dochappy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:18 am

Cypress
You did it Harley. You beat me fair and square. We both came in and brought it and I would say we gave the fans a show. Got checked out by the doc, there is no permanent damage to my neck or arms. Will be bruises of course but that's fine I consider them easy to get and temporary tattoos. If you ever want another fight or hell to even team up in the future; you know where I'm at.

Love Wilcox
Community Member

Postby Love Wilcox » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:47 am

Damn, looks like I need to go back to the drawing board with Indie if I want to see her win any tournaments anytime soon. I know! I'll just priority sequence every other move she does into a running strike --> pin combo so that she attempts it at least a dozen times per match :D I shall name her Indie Kehoe and SHE SHALL BE UNSTOPPABLE :lol:

Ha, in all seriousness though it was a very enjoyable tournament with a really diverse and highly entertaining cast of characters (even if the finals were a tad predictable). If the Men's MM can be even half as entertaining then we're in for a very good week of FPWA action :D

Oh, and indie made it past the first round at the very least so I'm a happy man :)

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:34 pm

I have to make a last minute run out of town today. When I get back tonight, I'll post the screenshots of the results screens as well as announce the awards.

Anyone whose edits got eliminated, don't feel bad. Pretty much every match was solid and I don't think I had a single match that was a clunker.

Some of you might wonder about the match halfway through the show involving Andrea the Giantess and Large Marge. That was a piss break match following the first round, which took 2 hours. Then I resumed the tournament.

Thanks again to everyone that submitted an edit and showed up for the stream.

Love Wilcox
Community Member

Postby Love Wilcox » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Timberwolf wrote:Anyone whose edits got eliminated, don't feel bad. Pretty much every match was solid and I don't think I had a single match that was a clunker.

Actually, now that I think about it... you’re right :D

Considering RNGesus can bestow duds upon even the most finely tuned edits that’s no small feat with a tournament of this size :) I think the pre-tourney seeding worked wonders.

Well done dude :D

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:46 pm

I like how my busted ass bracket managed to win out (granted there were only 3, but hey! haha).

Nobody should look at early eliminations as bad, no. Hell, I didnt even pick my own edit to win her first match :P

MordecaiXLII
Community Member

Postby MordecaiXLII » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:41 pm

A bit sad I couldn't attend the tournament live but this aired during the late night where I live. I finally watched the replay and WOW... What a tournament that was!

I could read the chat though and I quite enjoyed the creative and numerous nicknames you imagined for CAACRINOLA.

CAWF_Wrestling
Community Member

Postby CAWF_Wrestling » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:15 pm

CAWF President Jimmy Young posts a video online to the FPWA Women's March Madness Champion.
Congratulations on your well deserved victory Anahera! I was very impressed with your in ring abilities and would love to see you compete in the CAWF Women's Division. I would like to sign you to a contract with a guaranteed shot at the CAWF Women's Championship this Summer at Championship Pride on PPV. If you accept please get in contact with me. Again, Congratulations!

To the rest of the competition
Every single one of you were spectacular in the tournament! Each and everyone of you would make great additions to the growing women's division in the CAWF. Get with us and sign some contracts to make it the most competitive division ever!
ALL CAWF TITLE HISTORIES HERE:
https://cawfwrestling.wordpress.com/

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:59 am

From a dirt sheet website.....

Green Bay, WI - During the FPWA Women's March Madness tournament at the Resch Center in Green Bay, male referee Conor McReffer was seen leaving the dressing room of female referee Beth Murphy. Beth was late for the first match of the first round and also was late for the first two matches of the second round.

Both times, Beth came in with her hair being a little disheveled. The witness that supposedly spotted Conor leaving Beth's dressing room could not confirm what Conor was doing in there. It's all speculation at this point.

Referee Sally Gaines from Hellcats Championship Wrestling filled in for Beth in those matches that she missed. No word on whether discipline action has or will be taken on Beth Murphy.

Stay tuned for more developments.

The above explains what happened when I forgot to change referees following the dark matches before the first round and following the piss break match before the 2nd round. Thankfully, the different referees did not affect the tournament as both Sally and Beth have similar referee settings with the only difference in that Sally has a long downtime. Since no collisions occurred in the matches that Sally officiated, it was a non issue.

Zealot sent me more grafix for me to use tomorrow. I still have to go through the screen shots of the results screens, then post them along with the grafix and awards that Zealot sent me. Goal is to have them done Thursday afternoon. I was busy today with real life stuff.

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:39 am

Great show, wolf. Glad I made it in time to see the tail end live, heck of a final.

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Results screenshots have been posted in the second post of the first page of this thread. So glad I got software that can batch edit 31 screenshots to reduce the screenshot size in just seconds for web posting.

Working on the awards now.

MordecaiXLII
Community Member

Postby MordecaiXLII » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:44 pm

And the final brackets spell Caacrinola's name in two different but wrong ways. At least, I got to be the running gag of the tournament...

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:23 pm

And here are the awards. Picking out the awards were tough as there were several deserving candidates, but someone had to win. I named a winner of each award and an honorable mention to go with it.

2018 Women's March Madness Awards

The 21-1 Award - Upset of the tournament - Lily Leopard beating overall #1 seed Kitty Dee in the second round.

Honorable mention - Anahera beating tournament favorite Tiffy Kehoe to win it all.

Under the same guidelines, the Little Mac Award is given to the lowest seed that advances the furthest in the tournament. - Lily Leopard. Lily was a 4 seed in her bracket and the 14th overall seed in the field. She advanced to the final four before losing to Tiffy Kehoe.

Honorable mention - Elise Pichon. Elise was also a 4 seed in her bracket, but was 12th overall. She advanced to the elite 8 before losing to Caacinola.

The Burning Hammer award is given to the most devastating move of the tournament. Usually the one that ends the most matches. - Anahera's Reverse Gory Special Bomb. Anahera won two matches with it, including a crit of Tiffy Kehoe in the final.

Honorable mention - Lily Leopard's Leopard Killer

A new debut trophy for the ladies, like the Fit Finlay Award for the men, The Lasskicker Award goes to the best brawl. No Irish themed fighting competition is without one. - Gutter vs Harley Rose. This was a good fight. An undersized Gutter took it to a bigger Harley for a good 18 minutes before succumbing to the roll fly arm breaker.

Honorable mention - any matches involving Caacinola. She would waste no time in bringing out a barbed wire baseball and use it under the anything goes rule. Her match with Elise was a good example.

The Fighting Irish award is given to the best overall fight in the tournament - Anahera vs Harley Rose in the Elite 8. While the Kiity Dee-Lily Leopard had the highest rating of the tournament, I felt that the Anahera-Harley Rose match brought the house down. These two went tooth and nail for a solid 19 minutes before Anahera put away Harley with the Reverse Gory Special Bomb.

Honorable mention - Kitty Dee vs Lily Leopard

Thank you to everyone who submitted entries and thanks to Zealot for makng the awards graphics and helping me out.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:30 pm

MordecaiXLII wrote:And the final brackets spell Caacrinola's name in two different but wrong ways. At least, I got to be the running gag of the tournament...

I only went by what was originally PMed to me by Timberwolf. Please give my deepest condolences to Carmenelectra for me.
ImageImage ImageImage

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:40 pm

Zealot wrote:
MordecaiXLII wrote:And the final brackets spell Caacrinola's name in two different but wrong ways. At least, I got to be the running gag of the tournament...

I only went by what was originally PMed to me by Timberwolf. Please give my deepest condolences to Carmenelectra for me.

That's my bad. I don't think she's the only one. I might have misspelled other names as well.

Anyways, I highlighted the video and put the link in the 2nd post as well. This will buy me time until I can get a chance to download it, edit it for time, meaning to take out the parts where I was selecting edits, then put it on YouTube. Hopefully, when all is said and done, the final product should be less than 4 hours.

I may also make a high light reel too.