Phoenix Rising

For Fire Pro Wrestling World-based E-Feds.
Firehawk
Community Member

Phoenix Rising

Postby Firehawk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Started in the mid-2000s by Firehawk Sentarl, the company now known as Phoenix Rising began life as something else... a decidedly more generic promotion in the Pacific Northwest that simply didn't have the staying power to endure. Nevertheless, the company clung to life until 2015, when all seemed to be lost and the doors were shuttered. Firehawk and the Sentarl family went dark for two years, but in early 2017, rumors began circling... and hints began to drop of a revival. A second chance. Now, from the ashes of a fallen promotion comes Phoenix Rising, poised to succeed where Firehawk once failed, and carve out their own niche.

Alongside Firehawk is his entire family: his wife, Shiana, and their three children, Eri, Kellaron and Kaelara. The company, for a number of years, simply consisted of family and close friends, chief among them the Kintelas family headed by Kileas, whose rivalry with Firehawk was widely considered one of the more successful moments of the earlier promotion. Other mainstays included the demon, Tasharun, the Tonorian family consisting of Binak and his nephew Kanjirin, and a name that one would expect to be known throughout the Northwest: Rilantha De Nav, the only female world champion in the company's history. With newcomers joining the newly crowned Phoenix Rising, Firehawk has his sights set high... and no amount of technical mishap or struggle will stop the fledgling company this time around.

This is something that's been in the works for a while, as I've alluded to in my edit thread. Phoenix Rising is something I've always wanted to do, and the closest I ever got was running Universe Mode in WWE 2K14, which is... limited, at best. Fire Pro World has given me the freedom to finally work out exactly how I want to do things, book storylines, write promos, adapt to the matches instead of nudging things one way or another... I am 100% hands-off on matches in this fed. If an intended top star goes on a losing streak, I won't tip the scales for them. If an unexpected upset occurs to make a new rising star, I won't cut their legs out from under them. The results will stand as they happen... even with my own personal, sometimes emotional stake in these characters. To start out, match cards probably won't be recorded (I'm still figuring out what to do about that), so it'll probably be solely results screenshots and recaps. If and when I get a successful recording setup going, matches will likely be uploaded to a Youtube channel, or... something, I'll figure it out later.

Phoenix Rising's first official show will hash out like this:

Co-Main Event: Firehawk and Kellaron Sentarl vs. Binak and Kanjirin Tonorian

Co-Main Event: Rilantha De Nav vs. Alexandria Kirison

Tasharun vs. The Phantom Thief

Shiana and Eri Sentarl vs. Laenara Kintelas and Natasha

Telan Kintelas vs. Kyle Anderson

Kaelara Sentarl vs. Angel Leblanc

4-Way Elimination: Blake Dynamite vs. Kileas Kintelas vs. Lance Marshall vs. Victor Kintelas

4-Way Elimination: Urani Whitemist vs. The Black Dragon vs. Xiu Mei Li vs. Sophia Moretti

The roster will continue to expand to a full 16 wrestlers for both the men's and women's divisions. Crossover is possible, women may challenge for the men's championships (when they're commissioned), although most see the prestige of the women's division as satisfactory enough. Winners on this first card will earn a place in an 8-person tournament to crown each division's first champion, including the tag matches, adding heavy stakes to every match on the card: this means five wrestlers in each division will be earning a shot at the inaugural title. Remarks from the competitors will be forthcoming.

Feedback is always appreciated... and I do hope my lack of technical know-how doesn't diminish any enjoyment of what Phoenix Rising will hopefully become. I'll continue trying to work out and ensure that everyone can actually watch and enjoy the matches rather than just reading about them.

Blehschmidt
Community Member

Re: Phoenix Rising

Postby Blehschmidt » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Sounds cool man!

I am also working on a fed full of original edits, some of which I also have a personal and emotional stake in. So I totally get what you mean about A) Finally getting to see things play out as you have always imagined them, and B) Not getting involved no matter how much you wanna see things go a certain way for certain characters.

I am also trying to figure out how to record, and YouTube and stuff as well, so I will definitely be watching your progress!!

Looking forward to the first show and checking out your edits.

Good Luck Man!!

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Love that you're getting this started properly. Looking forward to the Sentarl family drama sure to follow.

joshthejerseyboy
Community Member

Postby joshthejerseyboy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:54 pm

I'm happy your guys get a chance to shine. If you need booking help or jobbers feel free to raid my workshop

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:45 pm

The moment the Phoenix Rising roster was asked to share their thoughts on the upcoming show, we got some very eager responses... but perhaps none more eager than that of the Phantom Thief, who, in his usual style, left a calling card in the main office along with a small flash drive, containing a video.

The Phantom Thief
Spoiler: show
The feed is dark... a vague silhouette of the Thief is visible, but little else. He speaks, and his words are helpfully subtitled... <Tasharun claims himself a demon. A monster, reveling in his darkness, taking pleasure in causing terror, pain, misery... and rarely does anyone rise to stop him. You, Tasharun, are now found guilty of more than I could state on my own... and no matter how strong you think you are, no matter how long you've held sway over this place, as the Phantom Thief, I will change your heart... it's only a matter of time, now.> At this point, the Thief steps more into view, though only his masked face becomes visible... and his last words are spoken in English. "Things will change around here, demon. And I'll be the one to do it."

Tasharun
Tasharun's response was predictable. "So... the newcomer wants to make an early impact. Strike a blow against the greatest villain of our time. 'Change my heart', he says... he truly believes he can do such a thing? I've seen what he -can- do... and, while impressive, he will not even be winning this match, much less changing me. You've issued the challenge... dropped your little card... but you're far from prepared to face a true demon, Thief."

The Black Dragon
The Black Dragon seemed... agitated, when the interviewer approached. Her gaze quickly moved towards the camera, and she growled softly... but seemed to know exactly what would be asked. "I'm sure you want to know about what I think... of this match they've put me in. Trying to be 'cultural'? Putting me in with miss spiritual Cherokee, that crazy Chinese woman that's gonna try and kick everyone's head off... and Sophia, oooh, the scary Italian wants to choke me out. Let her try it. None of those women has what it takes to stop a dragon. Nobody on this roster has anywhere near what it takes. You watch, I'll drive their heads through the damn mat if I have to, but I am winning this match and getting the respect I should've been given in the first place!"

Shiana and Eri Sentarl
Our interviewer caught up with Shiana and Eri in the midst of a strategy talk, though both were able to share a few words. "I mean, of course I'm excited for this one. Not only am I getting in there with a Kintelas, y'know, the whole Sentarl-Kintelas rivalry going on, but I get to team with my mom in there, too! I've been waiting for the chance here for ages now! And we know we're gonna win this one... we're a real team, the best team around!" Shiana placed a calming hand on Eri's shoulder and offered a small nod. "I won't discount the talent of either of our opponents. Both Laenara and Natasha have made great strides as freelancers before coming back here. But this isn't a deathmatch tournament, or a proving ground. If you don't give us your best, you don't have a hope of beating us. Just try to keep up, if you would..."

Laenara Kintelas and Natasha
"Keep up? Of all the things she coulda said, she wants us to KEEP UP." Natasha grumbled, punches raining down on the heavy bag in front of her, Laenara nearby sitting cross-legged, silently. "Sure, I'll keep up with the old lady and that living sugar-rush she calls a daughter. Just give me one little opening and I'll knock 'em both out cold! They don't want any part of these arms, I'll tell 'em that!" Natasha snarled, and took her leave... Shiana's remarks, somehow, seemed to have gotten to her. Lae simply rose to her feet, and cast a look towards the camera and crew... she said nothing, but the look in her eyes told it all, that she was looking to fight, and someone was likely to get hurt...

Most of the other wrestlers seemed content to let their actions speak for them on the card... though Firehawk Sentarl made a short statement regarding the show and his match. "It's good to finally get Phoenix Rising up and running properly. Finally seeing our hard work paying off, even in a small way, is satisfying in a way I can't really explain. And as we move into a new era of the company, getting the chance to team with my son in a main event match is something I've been looking forward to for a long time. We'll be finding more ways to improve these shows soon enough... so keep an eye on things in the near future."

I'm still simming the last couple of matches for this one... but by god, there's been some shockers. I can already say one thing, without spoiling who did it: PRW already has its first CRIT on the books, and boy it was a fucking BIG one. I'll get the results up as soon as I finish these last three matches. In the future I'll probably try to get more promos done as well, but I'm still getting a feel for some of the characters, and didn't want to half-ass some of them.

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Match 1: 4-Way Elimination: Urani Whitemist vs. The Black Dragon vs. Xiu Mei Li vs. Sophia Moretti

The inaugural match for Phoenix Rising. It was a rough debut for the Black Dragon in this one... nothing seemed to go right for the powerhouse in the first ten minutes of the contest, taking multiple double-team moves and face-planting on a missed diving headbutt. Couple this with both Sophia and Urani attempting to break her arm and her body, and it adds up to a rough day for her. Xiu Mei's size disadvantage also proved to be her downfall: trying to use her agility over the other three, she was caught by the veteran Sophia, and eliminated with the bane of all lucha: the rana-bomb counter. Sophia would then fall victim to Urani's massive powerbomb, leaving only Urani and the Dragon in the ring... a bad start for the Dragon, but she steals this one with her finisher planting Urani face-first, and claiming the first tournament for herself!

Match 2: 4-Way Elimination: Blake Dynamite vs. Kileas Kintelas vs. Lance Marshall vs. Victor Kintelas

There were a lot of stories coming into this one. Father vs. son. Three rising stars vs. the veteran heel. The sole junior vs. three tough heavyweights. And it all came together in what proved to be a very even contest. Perhaps most shocking was Blake Dynamite not only holding his own in the ring, but eliminating Lance Marshall, who in recent weeks has made a name for himself as a freelancer. This may pale in comparison, however, to Victor Kintelas utterly DESTROYING his own father with a Package Piledriver! With that twist, the two rising stars looked to claim their place in the tournament... and it was Victor Kintelas with a Death Valley Driver that would find himself victorious, and the first entrant in PRW's inaugural championship tournament! Kileas's condition will be looked at... but it is expected he will miss some time, a slight blow to take in the first week of operation, but the price that's paid in this line of work.

Match 3: Kaelara Sentarl vs. Angel Leblanc

Kaelara's earlier matches have not gone well for the young rookie... and it was expected that even against Angel, that would likely continue. This reputation didn't stop Angel from playing dirty... or Kae from fighting back. Still, this match went about as expected... Kae simply didn't have the resilience to handle Angel's offense, and despite putting up a fair bit of resistance, was put down for the pinfall with relative ease.

Match 4: Telan Kintelas vs. Kyle Anderson

The veteran, an undersized powerhouse with some anger issues to work out... the newcomer, an All-American athlete that Vince McMahon would kill to have as his "next big thing". This one was destined to be a hard-hitting war from the start... There was very little downtime, the only lulls happening when one or the other got dumped out of the ring and let the other take a breather. Kyle survived a scare relatively early off a Telan spear, garnering a 2.9 around 9 minutes in... a testament to just how strong Telan really is. Things only got worse as the match went on: Telan, already firmly in control, introduced a chair to the party, which only seemed to anger Kyle, who planted him and locked in his signature Triangle Scissors hold... but only moments later, once Telan had slipped free, Kyle ate a chokeslam and couldn't fight back any longer. Telan now joins his nephew in the championship tournament... and it has to be expected that he'll put on a good showing there.

Match 5: Shiana and Eri Sentarl vs. Laenara Kintelas and Natasha

A battle between two teams... the high-fliers against the strikers. Once again, it was one veteran in the ring with three of the "newer generation"... but Shiana quickly showed everyone that she's far from finished with her career, hanging with Lae and Natasha early on. Both teams seemed to cooperate well in this one, with each team member getting their time to shine, though it was Shiana and Natasha that seemed to be the ones that signaled the match going into high gear. Ultimately, though, the Sentarls' teamwork proved just a bit too much, double-teaming Laenara and isolating her in the wrong corner, where Shiana was able to land a big frog splash, and with Eri keeping Natasha occupied, that was all it took to claim the win. A good debut for all four women, and Eri avoided concussing anyone with her finisher tonight: a good sign for the future. Also, like an idiot, I forgot to screenshot this match results screen, the rating was about an 85% or so. Blargh.

Match 6: Tasharun vs. The Phantom Thief

The plan was pretty simple: the Thief using his agility to keep Tasharun off-balance, and hit him from all angles, keep him guessing, just keep picking away until he could hit the Change of Heart and end it. Of course, he had to avoid taking a beating in the process... Probably should've added that to the plan. Oops. The Thief gave it a fairly good run, but Tasharun isn't exactly someone you can just pressure... he gives it back hard. The Thief never got a chance at his finisher... Tasharun's not going to be changing anytime soon. One bit of weirdness... I could swear I set Tasharun to pin 100% after the fuckin Buzzsaw and he didn't. Hurrr.

Match 7 (Co-Main Event): Rilantha De Nav vs. Alexandria Kirison[/spoiler]

The intriguing matchup between the technical wrestling prowess of Ril against the strike-heavy brawling style of Alex. A LOT of quick reversals, trading back and forth early on. It got wild, though, as the match approached ten minutes: Ril began to do her best Brock Lesnar impression with a series of German suplexes, while Alex started dishing out every signature she could think of, hitting Stunners, piledrivers, and even locking Ril in her cross-arm camel clutch hold at one point, though Ril survived with a foot on the ropes. Ril ultimately would try to get something flashier, hitting the flying dragon suplex off the top rope, but couldn't capitalize, too worn out to get up and pin Alex. And after even more back-and-forth action, including a few spots where it looked like Alex had her beat, Ril finally saw her chance... and climbed to the top, coming off with a cross-body that finally kept Alex down! Rilantha De Nav once again proving why she has so much staying power, and now has a shot at holding gold once again.

[center]Match 8 (Co-Main Event): Firehawk and Kellaron Sentarl vs. Binak and Kanjirin Tonorian

To be blunt, this matchup is just plain scary. A giant and a powerhouse taking on the founder of the company and his son... that's probably what it takes to stand against that level of power, really. But it never stops Firehawk... he'll take on anyone, anytime. It was a wild back-and-forth affair, with plenty of tags on both sides, though Kanjirin was forced to do much of the work for his team with Binak's age showing through a bit. Not terribly much double-team efforts occurring in this one, either... just some hard-hitting action by both the veterans and the newcomers, ending in a Phoenix Dive to Binak (an impressive feat in itself)... right in front of Kanjirin in their own corner! And to add insult to injury, Kanjirin completely ignored his uncle as the three-count came down... is there already trouble brewing between the two, so soon?

Takeaways from this one: It's hard to remember everything that needs to be done in order to recap a match, as shown by my forgetfulness regarding the match results screen for the women's tag match. I tried my best to give a sense of how each match progressed. Given how awfully the Black Dragon started in her match, I fully expected she was going to be taken down first, but instead she wound up in the final two and got the opportunity of her life. Victor CRITing his own FATHER is probably the highlight of the show, and will likely lead to some fierce strife between the two. Kaelara did pretty much what I expected her to do... although I didn't think she'd get squashed by Angel, of all people, that's why I put them together. Telan's likely to wind up a lot more popular than his brother at this rate, which means I may need to do something about Kileas. I had hopes that the Thief would repeat his earlier success against Tasharun, but that storyline's going to have to wait, I suppose. And in terms of singles action, Ril/Kirison was probably MOTN. Absolutely fantastic from both of them, and I'll be making sure they both get some good shots in the future. Finally, the main event tag match... Binak didn't get to the point of gasping for air at any point, which is a good sign. But I'm serious in the write-up. Firehawk hit the Phoenix Dive, pinned Binak, and Kanjirin just stared from his corner five feet away. There's something going on here, and it's not the ref's fault, either.

I'll be looking into recording stuff over the next week to see if I can't figure it all out. Otherwise I'll run another show in this same format, which should hopefully be the last time I have to do that.

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:07 am

Still haven't set up any recording stuff yet. If I figure it out before I decide to run this card, I'll record it for Youtube, otherwise, the format will remain the same as the first.

Phoenix Rising: Week 2

Co-Main Event: Leander Grey vs. Firehawk Sentarl, "A Legend Rides Again"

Co-Main Event: The Black Dragon vs. Rilantha De Nav

Binak and Kanjirin Tonorian vs. Victor and Telan Kintelas

Anahera and Xiu Mei Li vs. Natasha Clover and Rachel White

Lance Marshall vs. Tasharun

Kaelara Sentarl vs. Laenara Kintelas

Kellaron Sentarl vs. Kyle Anderson

Urani Whitemist vs. Alexandria Kirison

The Phantom Thief vs. Blake Dynamite

Sophia Moretti vs. Winifred Wright

Eri Sentarl vs. Shiana Sentarl

Due to there being more women currently finished than men, the card is slightly lopsided in their favor. Card order is far from final, as well. With the incident involving Victor and Kileas on the first show, Kileas is being held off for this show, as it is suspected he may have suffered some form of injury. Phoenix Rising's medical team is second to none, but federation policy going forward will be to keep a wrestler out for a minimum of one show after suffering a CRIT on an official Phoenix Rising card. CRITs suffered on other streams and the like will be looked at on a situational basis, but probably won't have an impact.

Intriguing matchups on this card: the main event is sort of a "dream match", of sorts. Leander Grey is decidedly not nearly as tough as he used to be, but for this card, I will be using his "legend" incarnation, which I am unlikely to be releasing publicly, because he is intended to be... not quite BROKEN, but really, REALLY fucking nasty. Firehawk was trained by this guy, and it's likely to go very badly for the student, but we'll have to see. Binak and Kanjirin are giving teaming one more shot, taking on Victor and Telan (who team much more often than Victor teams with his father), we will see if Kanjirin leaves his uncle high and dry for the second show in a row. Anahera and Rachel White make their debuts with a trusted partner... Rachel with her best friend, Natasha, and Anahera calling in none other than the dangerous Xiu Mei.

Tasharun sets his sights on more dangerous fare: Lance Marshall, meanwhile, seeks to re-establish his dominant streak by taking down the toughest, baddest man in PRW. The Phantom Thief seeks to change his fortunes against a very game Blake Dynamite, who came just moments away from a battle royal win. Winifred Wright steps out of semi-retirement to fill a spot on the card... taking on the immensely terrifying Sophia Moretti. And after the extremely successful tag match, Eri Sentarl should be quite satisfied with continuing to team with her mother... but instead, has issued a bold challenge to Shiana, wanting to test herself one-on-one with one of PRW's living legends!

I'll be writing up some promo work before I record the show. Already, it's starting to prove tricky to fit everyone onto a card: you'll notice Angel Leblanc isn't anywhere to be found. And I have a perfectly logical explanation that I will not be giving-

it's the world cup we'll just say she was busy getting rekt by Will Craddock ok

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:21 am

Phoenix Rising officials caught up with Eri Sentarl, following her bold challenge.

Eri is seen in the midst of what seems to be a brisk workout routine, the young wrestler running on a treadmill before stepping off and wiping her face with a towel. "So there's probably a lot of questions about why I'm going from teaming with my mom to challenging her to a match the very next show. But I mean, it's pretty simple. It's really clear we're gonna be the best women's team around. But I'm not just looking to be a star off the back of my mom's legacy. I want to be my own person. Forge my OWN legacy. And I want to know where I stand. And you know what, if mom wasn't a wrestler, then my attitude wouldn't be any different: I'd just challenge Dad instead. Because that's my real goal. Making my own name, instead of piggybacking off the family name. And I'm gonna make a promise. Win or lose, I'm gonna make this match a memorable one. Cause I'm not gonna go down without a fight." Eri continues to keep the confident look on her face, before returning to what she'd been doing... she's clearly taking her challenge seriously.

The Black Dragon:

"So now they get it. Trying to set me up for failure, shoving me in a battle royal for what I can only assume were the REJECTS, thinking I'd just crash and burn. But look at what happened. Big surprise, I beat them all. I'm the one that stood tall at the end of the night. I'm the one that's getting a spot in the tournament. I'm the one that, suddenly, gets to be in the BIG match on the next show. Because finally you realize, too late, how stupid it was to overlook me at all! And now, I imagine, you think you're setting me up again. Three other women couldn't stop me. Three of the biggest, baddest, toughest people in this business came together and I'm the one that beat them all, and you think just ONE is gonna be enough this time? Sorry to say, 'Miss De Nav', but your time ran out years ago, and you're nothing what you used to be. I'll beat your ass so badly you'll LIMP into your little World Cup match, and you'll lose that too! Hell, I'll give you a little souvenir for when you head in there... some nice scorch marks to show off when I burn your pretty face!" She gives a chilling smile... Strong words towards one of Phoenix Rising's most beloved wrestlers.

Ril's response:

"The Dragon wants to scare me, apparently. Intimidate me." Ril is sitting in the locker room, though soon rises to her feet. "Probably thinks I'm carrying too much weight on my shoulders, with this company, and the World Cup, and my recent rematch with Josh Belmonte... matches that have, I'll admit, taken a bit of a toll. I'm the hardest-working person in this company right now, and throwing another main event match on the top of the pile... well, most people would pause a little at that workload. But you know by now I excel under pressure. I'll take any match, any time, any stipulation. So before I go to face Phil Stevens in the World Cup... I'll warm up on you. Because I'll tell you right now... if you think this is going to be easy, if you think you can steal a win by getting your ass kicked for the whole match... the moment I lay you out, you'll realize how wrong you were."

(Perhaps more promos on the way soon, otherwise, look for results sometime tomorrow night.)

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:58 am

Good stuff, looking forward to the results!

Phantom vs. Blake is my sleeper pick for match of the night, and I'm also interested quite a bit in seeing how Lance vs Tasharun goes. Main event is intriguing, can the student surpass the master? Also keeping an eye on Rilantha and Eri, always liked both of them.

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:50 am

Good news: I've got OBS recording working beautifully, now. Card #2 will now officially have recorded matches. I'll be recording them throughout tomorrow, with any luck, though in the interest of hopefully not murdering my hard drive with massive filesizes I'll be uploading each match separately. Seeing as my first test match uploaded to Youtube without a hitch (and very quickly at that), I now have very high hopes for the future of Phoenix Rising.

Now, so this isn't just a minor announcement post, I'm gonna give a quick overview of one of the most important parts of Phoenix Rising: the referees.

Head Referee Emma Travers

Probably the longest-tenured non-wrestler in the company. Emma is the head of the referee team as well as Phoenix Rising's doctor, which does lead to her having to pull double-duty some nights (Night #1 saw her have a bit of a workload tending to Kileas, though she still managed to work the main events.) She's the fed's main event referee, and doesn't tolerate much horseplay in the ring, although she's quite generous with countouts, knowing that nobody likes to see those. She's also, decidedly, NOT a wrestler, and not a physical woman, so if she's bumped, she's going to stay down for a while. She's relatively quick on her feet, but holds a somewhat steady, dramatic count (Medium Slow).

Senior Referee Jon Holt

Holt, by contrast, is a former wrestler-turned-referee after being forced into retirement. Not willing to leave the business entirely, he opted to put on the stripes. He's the fed's everyday ref: he works your typical singles matches, though can also sometimes step in to run a tag match if necessary. Thanks to his background, he doesn't suffer ref bumps like your typical fragile flower referee... he's usually back up on his feet in a flash, ever the professional. He counts fairly quickly, and stays on top of the action, and has the same no-nonsense approach to DQs and countouts that Emma does.

"Luchadora"

Annoyingly, this masked girl doesn't even give us a first name to go by. She's not that much different from Holt, though she's a little more tolerant of people screwing around in the ring when they're not supposed to be (she's primarily a tag match ref). But she certainly does NOT have Holt's resilience, as despite her lucha mask, she has no wrestling training and is thus very easy to take out for an extended period of time.

So there's my goofy-ass referee team. You'll probably be seeing all three of them throughout the card, I try to mix them all in throughout a show (although Emma will likely only be working the co-main event matches, as usual.)

Now if you'll excuse me I need to actually finish Leander Grey's logic so I can actually record his match with Firehawk properly. x.x

Firehawk
Community Member

Phoenix Rising Official Card #2

Postby Firehawk » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Good LAWDY have there been some matches in this thing. Unfortunately just before I got to the main event matches, my computer decided it wasn't happy with recording anymore, with the game starting to lag. So that'll have to wait until later tonight, I think. But in the meantime... I have NINE of the eleven matches recorded and ready to upload... and I swear I will get Ril/Black Dragon and Firehawk/Leander done as soon as I possibly can. (I really do hate this computer. I HAD a Ril/Dragon match recorded, but it was eight fucking minutes and ended in a schoolboy, and... ugh. I'm regretting messing with Ril's flash pin logic, let's put it that way.) Also note the spoiler tags below are ACTUAL SPOILERS, so if you don't want to know the results before watching the video, don't click the tag.

Match 1: Kaelara Sentarl vs. Laenara Kintelas: https://youtu.be/OumWNlugvQU

Well, the youngest Sentarl put up a better fight against Lae this week than she did against Angel. Unfortunately, she's just not resilient enough to be taking Death Valley Drivers too regularly... still, she very nearly stole this one a couple of times! With a few buffs, Kae could legitimately become a real competitor... if someone doesn't concuss the poor girl before she improves.

Match 2: Anahera and Xiu Mei Li vs. Natasha Clover and Rachel White: https://youtu.be/w4vybWZl_D4

The dreaded "partner stares at you while you get pinned" thing reared its head again in this match. Poor Rachel. Still, both teams looked really good in this match, and it was a doozy. All four ladies are looking like contenders... we may have to see Rachel and Anahera in singles action soon to really get a sense of how they handle themselves.

Match 3: Blake Dynamite vs. The Phantom Thief: https://youtu.be/NVxBnjYlt5Q

I know this is a match that I was looking forward to seeing... and boy, did it deliver. Blake may have been the first edit I made on FPW, but damn if he still knows how to bring it when push comes to shove. These two KILLED it, and Blake looked like a total badass in the process taking down the Thief. Let's hope Kaitou can get his head in the game before he has to face Hiko Sojirou in the World Cup, or Phoenix Rising is only gonna have one rep left to carry their torch.

Match 4: Urani Whitemist vs. Alexandria Kirison: https://youtu.be/8UZ42DDtaj4

Good god, this was a brawl. I wouldn't have expected anything less. I didn't see what move Urani busted Alex open on, but suffice to say, Kirison just established herself as a fucking beast in this matchup. The Greek is going on to BIG things, I think... meanwhile, Urani has yet to really find her footing, and might have to take a long, hard look at herself tonight.

Match 5: Kellaron Sentarl vs. Kyle Anderson: https://youtu.be/9Gu2v6nCvWs

Kyle Anderson is a stud. He took everything in this match and just kept coming back for more, and had a few strong opportunities. But Kellaron is definitely his father's son. Both of these guys are gonna need big opportunities in the future. Just a great showing. I really enjoyed this one.

Match 6: Eri Sentarl vs. Shiana Sentarl: https://youtu.be/MM_BisFNEm8

I. LOVED. this match. Both women absolutely brought their best to this one, and they knew it was necessary. Eri, being the cheeky young woman she is, actually tried to finish Shiana off with her own finisher... a huge superkick that drew probably the best near-fall of the night. But as if to tell the kid "This is how you do it", Shiana fired back with her own superkick, and laid Eri out for the three-count. As good as Eri is... tonight, she was not as good as her mom.

Match 7: Lance Marshall vs. Tasharun: https://youtu.be/gE9HzQc0HY8

I am SO sorry, Lance.

Match 8: Sophia Moretti vs. Winifred Wright: https://youtu.be/2Beimyc6dTc

Something tells me Winifred was not prepared for the submission-fest that was this match. Sophia now establishes herself as downright SCARY in the ring... if she can force a legend like Winifred to tap out (or, perhaps pass out, as the case might've been), then who on earth could ever stop her? One-on-one, Sophia may be the most unstoppable person in the entire company, save potentially Ril, or Tasharun... which is definitely good company to be in.

Match 9: Binak and Kanjirin Tonorian vs. Victor and Telan Kintelas: https://youtu.be/qNDZxrrcbuQ

Well, this was about exactly what I would've expected from these two teams. Binak, once again, didn't find himself gassed out, which is a good sign. Hard-hitting, and the size advantage clearly seemed to be in play as the Tonorians took this one pretty handily. And hey, no abandoning tag partners! Victor tried to make the save but Binak had positioned things JUST right. Bravo.

Main event matches will be recorded soon, I promise. For now, enjoy the undercard. There are some real gems in this one, guys, I really do mean it.

Firehawk
Community Member

Phoenix Rising Card #2 Continued

Postby Firehawk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:41 am

Well, I've got the main events recorded and uploaded now, and... well, let's put the spoilers under the tag, shall we?

Match 10: Rilantha De Nav vs. The Black Dragon: https://youtu.be/wZ_PvfJJcuk

Oooooh, boy. OK. At least the re-record didn't end in a schoolboy pin, but this match has exposed one NASTY flaw in the Dragon's very being: she cannot, for the life of her, handle anyone remotely technical. Surviving last week's battle royal while Sophia was in the ring must have been a minor miracle, because Ril picked her apart with absolutely ruthless precision. Hardbody would not have helped her in this one (she's getting it going forward), because Ril would've easily drawn a tapout victory instead. I was hoping the re-record would be a lot more... er, competitive. But it seems that Ril is just that damn good.

MAIN EVENT: Firehawk Sentarl vs. Leander Grey: https://youtu.be/1EtB4hWgXlw

Well, as far as my first two recorded main events go, I think I've got some work to do. Leander felt a hell of a lot less like a legend in this one, despite giving Firehawk a few scares, and more like his modern incarnation. We'll chalk this one up to ring rust, or something. Still, it was a solid match, with a fantastic spot mid-match, Leander kicking out of the Phoenix Dive. I just feel kinda shitty, now, having to wait to record these matches, and both of them turning out... well, far from living up to the standard I was hoping for. But in this case, I probably should not have jumped into putting Leander on the card so quickly. So, just to ensure I don't wrap this show up on a lame, sour note...

BONUS MATCH: Rilantha De Nav vs. Tasharun, a blast from the past: https://youtu.be/__GzcA1tyb8

Before Phoenix Rising rebranded itself into what it is today, it was a small company known simply as Sentarl Wrestling (The name sticking despite Firehawk later realizing attaching his own name to the company probably wasn't the best of plans). But its most famous matches didn't tend to involve a Sentarl at all... indeed, the legendary championship feud between Rilantha De Nav and Tasharun was probably the most memorable of the company's tenure. And this is just one of their many encounters for that championship gold.

Now that's a fucking main event. Ril gave it everything she had in this one, and by god, she makes you believe she can handle someone who looks to be twice her size. I'll lay the excuse of why she didn't go for submissions in this one on this being a younger, more reckless Rilantha... thinking she could make a bigger statement by pinning the demon outright. And that near-fall! I legitimately thought she had the match won there! Alas, Tasharun is made of tougher stuff than that, and our all-American heroine just couldn't muster anything more. But this is exactly why their rivalry was such a great one... Rilantha as the underdog face, Tasharun as the psychotic monster heel, both willing to do whatever it took to hold that championship gold.

This is why Rilantha is probably my favorite edit.

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:00 am

After a brief layoff from running shows due to one computer dying, and the next stepping in to take its place, I think it's about time I prepped Phoenix Rising's third show... I'm not yet sure whether I'll be trying to stream this one, or simply recording it as before, but I've learned a fair bit since the last one, and will be cutting the show into larger parts this time (if I cut it at all, haha.) Themes likely won't be fully implemented for anyone just yet, I need to gather my music together again, but anyway. Let's take a look at the card, shall we? (As always, order is subject to change.)

MAIN EVENT: Sophia Moretti vs. Rilantha De Nav

Firehawk Sentarl vs. Tasharun

Anahera vs. Haruka Matsura

The Phantom Thief vs. Kileas Kintelas

The Black Dragon vs. Shiana Sentarl, AKA “The White Dragon”

Kanjirin Tonorian vs. Kellaron Sentarl

Angel Leblanc vs. Urani Whitemist

Lance Marshall vs. Telan Kintelas

Laenara Kintelas vs. Cassie Rose

Eri and Kaelara Sentarl vs. Natasha Clover and Rachel White

Victor Kintelas vs. Kyle Anderson

Alexandria Kirison vs. Xiu Mei Li

A number of these matchups have very serious implications for the future of Phoenix Rising. In particular, your main event (and yes, this is the SOLE main event this time out, because nothing could overshadow this monster of a match) is a sort of... test. Given how thoroughly Ril has dominated, well, just about everyone she's been facing for the last month or so... despite the competitive nature of her matches, the impressive performances she's put on have resulted in both Ril herself and PRW management starting to think the women's division may not prove to be enough to handle her. As a result, she's put out a challenge to the best of the best the division has. Sophia Moretti has also been a frightening force wherever she's appeared, and now the two are set to clash in what may result in PRW's biggest matchup to date.

This is not to say that the other matchups are unimportant. Binak Tonorian will be taking a night off, true, though he may make an appearance in Kanjirin's corner as he tackles Kellaron Sentarl... Lance Marshall looks to bounce back from a devastating defeat at the hands of the demon, Tasharun, but taking on Telan Kintelas is a tall order (despite Telan being quite short. lolololol) The Phantom Thief now sets his sights on another of PRW's villains as Kileas makes his return, having now recovered from his son's vicious piledriver on the first show... and Tasharun himself has demanded the top man in the company himself, and thus we will see the first Firehawk vs. Tasharun match of the new era.

Angel Leblanc also makes her return on this show after her exit from the World Cup, but she has a tough road ahead of her as she takes on what is certain to be a very motivated Urani Whitemist. The Sentarl sisters will team up to take on Natasha and Rachel, who look to pick up some momentum after a disappointing debut. Anahera, meanwhile, makes her singles debut against the also-debuting Haruka Matsura... and the Black Dragon, furious after her humiliating defeat by Rilantha, has issued another challenge, one she's stated is wrenching something from the company's past. She had this to say:

"You asked if I was upset, no I'm not fucking UPSET, I'm pissed off. Embarrassed, by someone half my size, and she had the gall to claim she didn't even break a sweat. So, fine. To hell with her, she can go beat the piss out of Sophia and then go fight the men, I don't give a damn. What I want this week matters a whole hell of a lot more. I want the White Dragon. And for those of you who don't know what that means... 'but there is no White Dragon!' Oh, you better believe there is, and you know her. Pretty little Mrs. Shiana Sentarl. When the old company was running out of time, she discarded her name, put on a mask, and became the White Dragon, but she spent the entire time under that mask avoiding me, because she was AFRAID. Sure, I don't blame her. I'd break that little lady in so many different ways... but she never gave me the match I wanted. Well now, you don't have any excuses. You're active. You're healthy. And you're GOING to face me as the White Dragon... because I have been waiting for far too long."

I'll figure out how I'm doing this soon, and if I decide to attempt a stream, I'll set a date, otherwise, look for the show by next Wednesday at the latest.

EDIT: Added an extra match: Cassie Rose is finished, and thus she'll be making her debut on this show, taking on Laenara Kintelas.

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:19 pm

Phoenix Rising #3 is in the books, fully recorded, and it's safe to say we've got a pretty good one this time out. I've cut the show in halves this time around, so the videos are around 45 minutes, timestamps for each match are in the video descriptions. For whatever reason, OBS insists on capturing the mouse cursor on the menus... I thought I'd turned that shit off, but I'll figure it out for next time.

First half: https://youtu.be/x2d5q9HiqT8
Second half: https://youtu.be/6EgaCmm4JkI

Match results and my thoughts on each:

Xiu Mei Li defeats Alexandria Kirison: Holy shit this was a brawl and a half. The only match on the card with any blood, Alex bled buckets in this one with Xiu's stiff strikes busting her open early, but to her credit, she gave Xiu one hell of a fight in the process. Still, it's tough to beat the Chinese fighter when she gets her momentum running, and Alex just couldn't give quite enough in this one to pull off the comeback. A solid opener, for sure.

Kyle Anderson defeats Victor Kintelas: This show started off SO FUCKING STRONG you guys. This is absolutely in the top three matches for the show, and probably takes MotN honors, because it was fucking incredible. The back-and-forth between Kyle and Victor was nothing short of fantastic, both of them pushing hard for the win, but it was Kyle that finally caught Victor in his signature Triangle Scissor hold that finally put this one to rest... but neither man has anything to be disappointed over. This match might have been a star-making one for both of these guys.

Kaelara and Eri Sentarl defeat Rachel White and Natasha Clover: The only flaw in this match was Natasha, for the second week in a row, abandoning Rachel to be pinned. But by god did this match deliver in so many ways. If Victor/Kyle hadn't been so incredible, this one probably would have been THE match to beat. Everyone got their licks in, and as the biggest shocker of the night, it was KAELARA that held her team together and picked up the win! You can anticipate a very, VERY happy promo in the near future for Kae's first ever official victory.

Laenara Kintelas defeats Cassie Rose: A rough debut for Cassie, although she gave it a pretty good run against one of PRW's toughest ladies. She did put up one hell of a fight, and likely nearly had her beat with that late-match Torture Rack... but Lae fought her way out, and hit a big-time moonsault to put the match to rest. Cassie's not going to disappear quietly, though... she's definitely got a future in this company.

Lance Marshall defeats Telan Kintelas: Size differences. Boy did they rear their head in this one. Telan's a tough guy, pound-for-pound he's probably the strongest and toughest guy there is. But there's only so far you can get with that before you run into a man like Lance Marshall. The Texan cowboy clearly had the upper hand all the way here, and he's finally got himself in the win column in official PRW competition... with any luck, we'll start seeing flashes of the Lance we've seen over in AAW.

Urani Whitemist defeats Angel Leblanc: I mean, do I really need to say much about this? I booked this match for one very specific reason: Urani needed a damn win, and she sure as hell got it here. Late-match it really looked like Angel was trying to run away from her, as she's quicker on her feet than the Cherokee powerhouse, but you can't really escape... odd quirk, this was the second match in a row to end in a Tower Hacker Bomb. Weird.

Kanjirin Tonorian defeats Kellaron Sentarl: The game didn't think this was as good a match as I did. These guys brought it to each other really hard, and boy was it fun to watch the back-and-forth game... Kellaron nailed a few good shots, but Kanjirin is one hell of a beast in singles competition. Binak wasn't a factor in this one... but maybe his presence alone threw Kellaron off along the way?

The Black Dragon defeats Shiana Sentarl: Oof. Black Dragon seems to find herself in squash matches lately... at least this time she was on the right side of it, but poor Shiana didn't look much like the White Dragon of years past. She just doesn't have the same resilience she once did... and the Black Dragon took full advantage of that.

Kileas Kintelas defeats The Phantom Thief: I kind of anticipated this result again. The Thief's been having a really rough time of it as of late, his wins mostly coming against fellow juniors, and even some of those felt kind of flukey. But we've finally got Kileas back in action, and he does not disappoint... finally looking like the "Alpha Villain" he claims himself to be.

Anahera defeats Haruka Matsura: Solid debut for both women here. Fast-paced, VERY aggressive, but Haruka didn't really bring much of her flying offense to bear in this match, allowing Anahera to overpower her. My only disappointment is that there wasn't nearly enough of Haruka yelling out "HISSATSU". I love that voice clip. :V

Tasharun defeats Firehawk Sentarl: I'll say here what I said earlier: Tasharun seems to be finding himself in squash matches a fair bit himself. This wasn't as bad as some others have been, Firehawk held up pretty well... for a while. But Tasharun is definitely establishing himself as the man to beat. The Demon is still undefeated in Phoenix Rising... including an archive match!

Rilantha De Nav defeats Sophia Moretti: Unreal. Not quite MotN for me, but these two killed it, for sure. An incredible main event that saw Sophia breaking out nearly every submission in her arsenal to try and put Ril away, only for the soldier to keep coming back for more, eventually landing a Complete Shot that kept Sophia down for good.

Suffice to say, I really enjoyed making this one, technical issues be damned. I'll figure out how to clean things up for the next one, and maybe Phoenix Rising will start looking like a more legit production, hm? Maybe I need to make some of those loading screens for myself (or have someone make 'em for me.) Hide the setup and all that. Lemme know what you guys think of this one...

And if you only pick ONE match to watch off this card, first off, you're nuts and should watch at least three :P

Match of the Night honors go to Victor Kintelas and Kyle Anderson, runner-ups go to Eri/Kae vs. Rachel/Natasha and Ril vs. Sophia. Post-show promos will be coming soon.

Firehawk
Community Member

Phoenix Rising #3 Fallout

Postby Firehawk » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Thoughts from Phoenix Rising's wrestlers following the show:

Xiu Mei Li

"Don't ever overlook me again. Phoenix Rising management saw fit to shove me in a battle royal, and then a tag match... and while I do call Anahera my closest friend here, it's about time I got to show myself in singles competition, and Alex never stood a chance. Let that be a lesson to everyone in this division: if you cross me, you'll end up the same as Alexandria Kirison did."

Alexandria Kirison

Alex is sitting up on a table with a towel over her head, blood still staining it and her face. "I got outplayed. That's all there is to it. Xiu came out swinging and I wasn't ready for it. And I admit, I felt the blood flowing, and it threw me off my game. It won't happen again. Xiu Mei... I'll beat your ass next time we meet, I promise you. You're not getting away with this again."

Kyle Anderson

"My thoughts? I'm on top of the world right now! Victor and I went out there, nobody had any expectations, and we tore the house down! Match of the Night, man, it doesn't get much better than that... maybe a championship shot, huh? One thing's for sure, the rest of you guys are on notice now, cause I'm gonna push my way to the top whatever it takes!"

Kaelara and Eri Sentarl

The atmosphere from the moment the camera enters the locker room is that of celebration. Kae has a huge grin on her face, and her entire family is there with her, cheering. "My little sister's first win! And you earned every bit of it!" Eri grabs Kae in a giant hug, and it seems like there isn't going to be much of an interview... but it's very clear what the general thoughts are regarding Kae picking up the pinfall.

Natasha and Rachel

"I THOUGHT you were all right!" Natasha's voice opens things up with a snappy tone... a sharp contrast to the jubilant Sentarl sisters. "I trusted you to have it..." Rachel snaps back in a hurry. "We're a TEAM, Tasha, and if we can't start working together properly we're not gonna get anywhere. Look, let's take a week off, get in there for some singles stuff and regroup. I don't want us to break up the team over this, all right?" Rachel gives a heavy sigh, and the argument finally seems to end, for now...

Lance Marshall

"Ya'll, I was startin' to wonder what was goin' on. All this success I've been gatherin', it ain't been happenin' here. Takin' down Telan, though, I think is finally gonna get my head on straight in Phoenix Risin', so the rest of ya' better watch out, 'cause I've found my footin' and I'm gonna push to be a champ in more than one place, now..."

The Black Dragon

"Is this supposed to be some kind of fucking joke? I asked for the fucking WHITE DRAGON, not some shell wearing her mask! So, fine... I should be satisfied! A win is a win, but it's hollow, crushing you that way, breaking your body and leaving you shattered. I want a CHALLENGE, dammit... and I know exactly what I want for the next one. Winifred Wright, I want you to drag your ass out of "retirement" already... you already showed you're capable of it, so I want YOU. I want to show these people that I can utterly destroy anyone and everyone that steps in my path, and I WILL BREAK YOU, WINIFRED!" The Dragon practically roars the final words, and shoves the camera away, storming off in a seething rage.

Tasharun

"Is there anyone who still doubts? Anyone who still thinks I'm anything short of the single most dangerous man on this roster? I've left a trail of destruction of the best and brightest you have to offer me... The Phantom Thief, a joke. Lance Marshall, left a ragdoll in my wake. Firehawk Sentarl... destroyed. Your precious heroes will fall, one by one... there is NO ONE capable of challenging me. But you are welcome to try."

Rilantha De Nav

"I may be out of the World Cup... I may have dropped one of the biggest matches of my life to Marcus Montgomery just a few nights ago. But it's hard to dwell on a loss like that when I've just brought down one of the toughest women in the world, Sophia Moretti... I can't help but feel pretty damn good about it. I think it confirms one thing to me... Sophia might be one of the only women in this company that's capable of pushing me. And that's why, starting next week, I'm going to offer up an open challenge to anyone who thinks they can prove me wrong. Man, woman, I don't care. Show me what you've got."

Planned matches for Phoenix Rising #4 thus far

Rilantha De Nav issues an open challenge (I have someone in mind to answer it, but speculation is certainly welcome. :V)

The Black Dragon vs. Winifred Wright

Tasharun vs. Mystery Opponent

Rachel White vs. Xiu Mei Li

Other matches TBA

It'll be a while before Phoenix Rising #4 happens, but I will post a full card when the show's closer to ready. Ril's open challenge is something I'm still debating regarding whether I'm gonna take challengers from outside PRW or not. Tasharun's mystery opponent WILL be PRW, though.

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:47 am

Phoenix Rising #4 is still in the works, but I'm already looking towards the event afterwards: the first major event in the fed's short history. Titled simply "Birth of Champions", it will consist solely of the inaugural World Championship and Women's Championship tournaments, where the eight men and women that have proven themselves most deserving over the past four shows face off to be declared Phoenix Rising's first-ever champions.

This plan has, however, run into a minor snag. Eight men proved themselves more than deserving of a place in the tournament, but with Rilantha's withdrawal from the women's division, there's no place for her to slot into the tournament with all of the positions filled. As a result, Phoenix Rising management has made the decision that whoever wins the championship in the tournament will have their first challenger lined up immediately... and that challenger is, of course, Ril. With this in mind, the brackets have already been set ahead of Phoenix Rising #4... unless something very unusual happens on that show, of course.

Inaugural Phoenix Rising World Championship Tournament

Kyle Anderson vs. Kileas Kintelas

Tasharun vs. Victor Kintelas

Firehawk Sentarl vs. Telan Kintelas

Lance Marshall vs. Kellaron Sentarl

Inaugural Phoenix Rising Women's Championship Tournament

The Black Dragon vs. Angel Leblanc

Shiana Sentarl vs. Xiu Mei Li

Eri Sentarl vs. Sophia Moretti

Laenara Kintelas vs. Anahera

These matches are far from set in stone with one more show left before it occurs... but the matchups that are there, are certainly intriguing ones. The potential second-round matchups all seem like fascinating draws: namely, the chance for a few rematches from earlier shows, such as the downright incredible Kyle vs. Victor, or a second clash of Dragons. And with nearly every member of the Phoenix Rising roster having been in training to prepare for these two upcoming events, it's nearly impossible to tell who may come out on top in the end... wrestlers that have perhaps struggled since earning their place in the tournament may very well come roaring out of the gate when everything is on the line.

Finally, regarding Phoenix Rising #4, Ril's open challenge and Tasharun's mystery opponent will both only be revealed when the time comes for their matches, no earlier. I will say that I know exactly who each one will be facing, but I'm gonna keep that under wraps for the time being... suffice to say, though, that both are going to be facing quite the challenge.

I'll have the full card up for #4 by the weekend, and run the show probably on Monday, with the tournaments the following week. And finally, the tag qualifier-turned championship tournament will also be run without recording, and should be complete before the next show.

I'm creating so much damn work for myself but I love this game too much for it to FEEL like work, heh.

Firehawk
Community Member

Phoenix Rising Tag Tournament Complete!

Postby Firehawk » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:54 am

The tag team tournament is over, and I stand by my decision to enter Xiu Mei and Anahera in the upcoming FPWA Tag League. Those two consistently put on fantastic matches and never looked too vulnerable, despite not winning the tournament (ha, spoilers, even though I'm telling you the results in just a moment). Still, another team absolutely distinguished themselves: Lance Marshall and Cassie Rose were also consistently incredible throughout their matches, and are definitely going to be seeing a little bit of consideration in the future.

We start the proper coverage, picking up from the loser's bracket, second round.

Two matches in this round: Lance and Cassie took on Firehawk and Kellaron, while Xiu Mei and Anahera faced Telan and Kileas.

Once again, Cassie made a name for herself in this match by taking everything that father and son had to give, and kept coming back for more... making her even more resilient than her big brother. Alas, the damage had taken its toll by the end, and Cassie didn't have the strength to break up the final pinfall, eliminating the brother and sister duo from the tournament, but giving them a superb showing that will go down as perhaps a turning point for their careers.

This match was brutal. It was nothing short of a car crash between these two teams, and it looked like the Kintelas brothers had it well in hand. Not halfway through the match, a headbutt from Telan opened a nasty cut across Xiu's face, and at that point, it seemed like their hopes were dashed. But Xiu Mei is made of tougher stuff than that... and despite being bloodied and worn out, she still mustered the strength to bring Kileas down, and collect her team's second win against one of Phoenix Rising's true staples.

The semifinal and equivalent loser's match, then, came next... and only cemented an issue I have with one team in particular.

Oh my god I'm starting to fucking hate watching those two. I know, Binak and Kanjirin are designed to fucking bully the shit out of any other team they meet, but this match was basically a long, drawn-out beating, and it was just plain boring and deserved the rating it got. Suffice to say, the moment an opportunity comes to break these two up and retire Binak, it's probably going to happen, because uuuuuuuuuuugh

A rematch from the first round of the tournament. Xiu and Anahera won that match, but Firehawk and Kellaron fought their way back all the way to get this second shot at them... and this time, they were just too much. Xiu was a step too slow to save Anahera, who simply had nothing left in the tank, but both of them put on an incredible showing in this tournament against overwhelming odds. They'll represent Phoenix Rising to the best of their ability, I am certain of that much. But they won't be tag champions, yet.

Which brings us to the final two matches: the loser's final, and the grand final, which, despite the double-elimination format, would be a one-shot match... no winner's advantage for this one.

Well, let's face it, this was probably inevitable. Firehawk and Kellaron were originally THE team to beat... so, comes the finals. Victor and Lae gave it one hell of a run though: Victor managed to hit his Patricide piledriver on both Firehawk and Kellaron, not to mention the Kintelas Drivers being handed out, the gutbusters landing, but Firehawk was just too tough this time around to handle. Which brings us to our champions:

YES YES YES YEESSSSSSSS! I was holding my breath through this entire match, I really, REALLY didn't want Binak and Kanjirin to take it. Sure enough, Kellaron's gameplan was to neutralize Binak by keeping the big man off his feet, and ensure that Kanjirin had to pull his weight. And it paid off big-time... Firehawk put in plenty of work himself, but it was Kellaron with THE best finish of the tournament, CRITTING Kanjirin with his double-arm DDT, and ending the tournament with a BANG.

Firehawk
Community Member

Phoenix Rising #4 Card

Postby Firehawk » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:45 am

Phoenix Rising #4

Main Event: Rilantha De Nav's open challenge (Opponent already determined but will not be revealed until match-time)

The Black Dragon vs. Winifred Wright (now officially exiting retirement to become active once more)

Tasharun vs. Mystery Opponent

Rachel White vs. Xiu Mei Li

Firehawk Sentarl vs. Kileas Kintelas

Shiana Sentarl vs. Haruka Matsura

Victor Kintelas vs. Kyle Anderson, the rematch

Kaelara Sentarl vs. Natasha Clover

Telan Kintelas vs. The Phantom Thief

Anahera vs. Sophia Moretti

Kellaron Sentarl vs. Blake Dynamite

Alexandria Kirison vs. Angel Leblanc

Match order, as always, subject to change. A few reactions from our competitors:

Winifred Wright

"So you want to drag me out of retirement again. This time not for the sake of filling the place of someone hurt, or busy... just because the Dragon wants it. Fine. You want me out of retirement so badly? You want a glimpse of the single most dominant force that Sentarl Wrestling ever saw? You're not ready for it, kid... you meet me with power, I'll push back twice as hard. You try to throw me around, I'll throw you further. You're going to find out soon enough why they put so much trust in me, why people still remember my name, why I inspired an entire GENERATION of wrestlers to come and join this company."

Angel Leblanc

"My tenure in this company has been... trying. My matches outside of it, equally so. And perhaps, I find, that this is a problem. That I am... perhaps, too weak. This is, of course, unacceptable. And this is why I have recaptured some of what allowed me to get this far. When next you see me in that ring, I will not be the pathetic, sniveling pushover I once was. I will be the woman that is tearing miss Kirison's leg out of its socket."

Sophia Moretti

"Defeat... is not an option. Rilantha De Nav escaped me... and now she runs off from the division, in order to avoid a rematch. But there will be one. For now, however... I am told that miss Anahera is my next opponent. I already beat your precious hero in Winifred. Forced her to admit I was the better woman. What chance do you think you have, my little Maori warrior? I will show you, young rookie... why they call me the Italian Monster, why I was able to make such a dangerous woman tap out... why I am THE force in this division. Per l'italia. And for the future of this division... your soon-to-be crowned... champion."

Firehawk Sentarl

"I've been hearing a lot lately. About why I don't speak much, so far. Why I haven't looked like... well, the top man in the company. And maybe it's just me hitting the end of my rope. Maybe I'm just not on the same level I used to be. Or maybe... I've just had an off day. Maybe squaring off with Tasharun would take its toll on anyone. But that's no excuse. All I know is, I need to be more open. To speak out more. And I'll tell you this much... going from Tasharun to Kileas? I'd take the latter any day... and you better believe I'm gonna bring it this time out, and I'm NOT going into Birth of Champions on a down-note. Kileas... you better be at your best."

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:19 am

Phoenix Rising #4 is in the books, and the videos are uploading as I type. Once again, a stellar first half ran into a somewhat... disappointing second half, in a few ways. Good news is, I had a nice bonus match in mind for just such an occasion... card spoilers beneath the tag.

Part 1: https://youtu.be/wDfd-P2HpsM
Part 2: https://youtu.be/-cCWDXi-8kM

Part 2, due to the mystery opponent and open challenge intended to remain hidden (this is a major reason why the results are under spoiler tags), I've made a (very cheap) loading screen of sorts. I do want to try and make a set of loading screens along the lines of what other people have made, but I am not a graphic artist by any means. Still, it does add some, er... SLIGHT production value, I guess?

Shit, one of these days I might even get to include promos between matches instead of just before/after shows.

What a first outing for the new and improved Angel Leblanc! This match never would've happened before her training took place, and by god, did she absolutely take it to Alexandria even after being left bloody less than five minutes in. If not for all those underhanded moves, you could almost root for the Frenchwoman as a fantastic underdog face! This match absolutely heralds a new era for Angel... and she even won with her brand new submission, picked up from her soon-to-be tag partner, Elise Pichon.

This one brought the kind of action you'd expect from these two. Blake showed that he can hang with one of PRW's best rising stars, and Kellaron showed exactly why he's one of those stars to begin with. A great back-and-forth that left both men looking real good.

The weakest match of the first half, but certainly not a bad one. This match was a clear statement made by the Maori warrior: you do NOT want to cross Anahera if you know what's good for you. Taking down Sophia Moretti is no small feat, and she's made it very clear why she's earned a place in the women's championship tournament... Laenara Kintelas may want to watch her back, after having this week off.

This was fast, and it was brutal. It may also give us a good sense of why the Phantom Thief was destroyed so quickly at the Super Juniors tournament by Chryst... he may have been rattled from the harsh, powerful offense that Telan brought to this match. However, the Thief did have some words after his match with Chryst which will be reported below the match results...

New and improved Kae might be, but Natasha was just a bit too much in this one. She gave it all she had, though, and while Natasha walked away with the win, she definitely had to fight for every inch, as Kae came out of the gate swinging hard and trying to put Natasha away early... alas, it wasn't to be, and Kae is still hunting for her first singles victory.

After last week's clash between these two, there were high hopes for the rematch. But this was not the marathon that these two had before... this was a hard-hitting, downright vicious affair that showed that Victor was in no mood for a repeat of last week's result... and an absolutely EMPHATIC Patricide package piledriver cemented that finisher as perhaps the most dangerous move in all of Phoenix Rising. Victor has absolutely made himself a favorite for the upcoming world championship tournament... there's just one problem. Tasharun.

This match ties for match of the night. Shiana showed that she is nowhere near ready to retire, keeping pace with the much younger and faster Haruka every step of the way. But make no mistake, Haruka has made her case tonight as one of the more dangerous women in the company. Showing that she's fully capable of flying around the ring at will, the moment she caught Shiana with her signature poison mist, everyone had to know it was just about finished. A final moonsault put this one away, and Haruka now has a victory over the face of the women's division... but for how long can Shiana hold that accolade?

Your other match of the night candidate. There is no surprise here: Firehawk and Kileas are long-time rivals, dating back YEARS. They know each other perhaps better than two wrestlers in all of Phoenix Rising. Kileas brings out a side of Firehawk that isn't often seen... a vicious streak that he doesn't like to show. But it sure as hell came out tonight... Kileas's luck simply gets worse, as he takes an absolutely BRUTAL CRITICAL off the Phoenix Dive. He'll be good in time for the tournament, but that is twice, now, that he's been CRIT in just three matches... and you have to wonder, can Kileas keep going on like this?

A match that probably should've been lower on the card. Natasha had to fight for her win, but let's be fair, it was still Kaelara Sentarl, rookie wrestler. Rachel had no such luck, facing off against the incredibly tough Xiu Mei... and to the redhead's credit, she put up one hell of a fight. Still, Rachel's claim that her kicks are the strongest in Phoenix Rising seems to be on shaky ground next to the power of Xiu Mei.

The decision for Tasharun to face the returning Argent was one made shortly after Phoenix Rising #3. It was thought that Argent would provide the best challenge: demon vs. demon, the noble reformed villain against the ultimate evil.

Tasharun does not subscribe to your ideas of happy endings and heroic willpower. It seemed clear that he was downright LIVID over Argent's appearance, and absolutely ripped him apart in a beatdown for the ages. There's really only one question remaining: can ANYONE beat this man? Can anyone take him out of the tournament? Or is he going to be Phoenix Rising's first ever world champion?

This was everything I expected it to be. The Black Dragon came out throwing EVERYTHING at Winifred. Tearing into her with everything she could think of: fireballs, big bombs, trying to impose her will by throwing the legendary trainer around the ring. Problem is, Winifred backed up her words. You throw her around, she comes back and throws you twice as hard... which she absolutely did, making the Black Dragon look like a ragdoll with some of the biggest German suplexes Phoenix Rising has ever borne witness to. Winifred Wright is back... let the women's division be afraid.

Fuck me, Lance. I love you, man, but you didn't do this shit in testing. I could've turned this into a 2/3 falls match, but after that result, I think it was best to move to a bonus match instead... I've never seen Rilantha take a beating like that before, and I hope we never do again.

Now that's how you close out a show. Consider this an "encore" match. Urani was the best candidate I had on hand to face a hardly-winded Lance... and she brought it a lot harder to him than Ril did, despite still taking the loss. Still, Lance Marshall has made his claim: if you want to make a splash in the World Championship division, you'd better be ready to go through him.

Statements below:

The Phantom Thief

"Well, when things get bad, they really do get bad, don't they? Not a single win in Phoenix Rising as of yet. But there's no sense in giving in now. A Phantom Thief never gives up just because things are tough... they come back, stronger than ever. And that's exactly what's going to happen... soon, life will change for everyone in Phoenix Rising, because I am coming back twice as strong as before. You can count on that."

Angel Leblanc

"Did I ask for your camera in my face? No, I did not. I am not presentable right now, thanks to that... ANIMAL, Kirison. But you notice. I stood the winner, she did not. You did not believe me. You thought I was still a joke, did you not? And yet, now you see... soon, everyone will see. Angel Leblanc is no joke. No pushover. And if it takes me trying to pull your legs from their sockets to open your eyes... so be it."

Lance Marshall

"Miss De Nav... I ain't sure what happened out there, but ya' sure didn't come out the woman I challenged. You want to stand with the world championship again, you best figure out where yer head's at in a hurry, cause I ain't the type to take it easy no matter who I got in the ring. I'd be willin' for a rematch down the line, but until ya' get yerself figured out again... I'm gonna keep my focus on winnin' that championship tournament. And as for Miss Whitemist... well, yer probably one of the toughest gals I've ever seen out there. And I'm sure we're gonna meet again."

Tasharun

"You're not satisfied yet, are you? More names from the past you dredge up, thinking they stand a chance. Argent is a fool, and always has been, and YOU are a fool for pulling him back in. There is nothing you can do to stop me any longer. Nothing you can do to stand in my way. Not only will I claim the championship, I will take a STRANGLEHOLD on it, that nobody else ever even sniffs it ever again... prove me wrong, if you can."

Winifred Wright

"I told you, whelp. I told you from the start you didn't want this match, and you demanded it anyway. Breathe your fire, throw everything you like at me. But you don't measure up, and you never will. Count yourself lucky I didn't do more to you. Take your loss like a real woman and don't make such a stupid challenge ever again."

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 pm

So now that I've had a little time to think about this whole thing, it's clear that my judgment as to who belongs at the top of the card might be a bit flawed. This was probably the strongest show I've had thus far, but still had its issues, although at least some of these were brought on by matchups that just didn't work out. Both "mystery" matches wound up flopping for the most part, and while I do intend to keep Rilantha's open challenges going, I may be opening those up a little in the near future to see if I can't find opponents for her that match up really well. Tasharun is starting to prove... problematic. I've voiced this before, but he has run absolutely roughshod over everyone he's faced, which was of course my original intention: but now I run into the problem of him perhaps being TOO strong, in that respect. My solution may be to simply dump his defensives to at least give people a chance of blitzing him before he completely annihilates his opponent. To put into perspective how utterly dominant he was on this show: his opponent was given WARRIOR for a skill to give him the best opportunity, and he still got obliterated.

Still, this overall card showed me one thing for sure: every edit is fully capable of putting on a solid match if given half a chance. A few of them have been on shaky ground over the first three shows, but they came roaring out of the gate for this one, whether through their buffs and improvements, or simply matching up against the right opponent. Card position needs to be something I think about a lot harder, going forward: edits that I felt were best served being in the first half of a show are almost trying to prove they belong higher, while those I put in and near the main event are slumping. Phoenix Rising #5 is going to take a lot of thought as to who gets to go where... however, right now my attention isn't on that show, but on the upcoming championship tournaments, which I am going to attempt to actually stream instead of simply recording. I haven't nailed down when I'm going to try it, but I may shoot for sometime over the weekend (I'd do it on Monday but there's shit going on that day that'd spoil the whole thing unless I do it earlier in the day.)

Reminder on the championship tournament brackets, to be run for the Birth of Champions event:

Inaugural Phoenix Rising World Championship Tournament

Kyle Anderson vs. Kileas Kintelas

Tasharun vs. Victor Kintelas

Firehawk Sentarl vs. Telan Kintelas

Lance Marshall vs. Kellaron Sentarl

Inaugural Phoenix Rising Women's Championship Tournament

The Black Dragon vs. Angel Leblanc

Shiana Sentarl vs. Xiu Mei Li

Eri Sentarl vs. Sophia Moretti

Laenara Kintelas vs. Anahera

Predictions are welcome... I know who my favorites to win are, but there's really no telling what might happen given how wild things have been.

KingRadical

Postby KingRadical » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Whatcha gonna do when Tasharun runs wild on you, brother
M O S T R A D

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:40 pm

A short message from Cowboy Johnston to Lance Marshall

From one Cowboy to a 'nuther, ya got sum big momentum goin' yer way! Keep up that good work, an' keep crushin' yer way to that big title! I got sum confidence an' some bucks behind ya, you hear! Phoenix Risin' is gonna know what a real Western Outlaw can do after ya win that there World title! I'll raise a cold one to that!