Moving forward, post-ARENA Rising -- let's discuss!

The successor of collaborative E-fedding.
fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Moving forward, post-ARENA Rising -- let's discuss!

Postby fullMETAL » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Now that ARENA Rising is in the books, and it looks like at least few things have been set up for future storylines and matches...how do you all think we should move forward from here?

Ideally, each of the championship divisions would be run by one or two people (or 2 divisions being handled by that/those person/people), with those division-runners booking matches and running storylines/angles, etc, regardless of who ends up recording those simmed matches.

I've already expressed interest in getting the new Young EMBER division off and running (this would probably be the occasion where I may end up "doing whatever the fuck I want" but ideally, this would be a good way to showcase the increasing amount of junior-heavies here on the Roster), BFX is handling the meat-and-potatoes of the Anarchy (aka also DETHMATH) division, Level has shown interest in some aspect of official Arena running capacity, and running of the Joshivision division is currently definitely up for grabs for basically anybody that's not me who wants to take a shot at handling the fiery ladies of the Arena (it may also require a huge overhaul, in that the original roster operated under "same as FPCPP but only 160 points and under", and while there are a number of current females who meet that, there are still plenty of new females who run 161-200 points).

Which leaves the DODEKAGON (formerly FPCMMA), Battlefront, Grand-Prix, Tag, and World Title divisions a bit up in the air.

For the Battlefront and Grand-Prix title matches at ARENA Rising, I'd used a ruleset a fair bit different from the original rules for each (if somebody can find those original rulesets and post them, that'd be super helpful) -- Battlefront was simply defended in a last-fall 8-tag and the new Grand-Prix contenders were pulled from any new members who joined in July 2017 or later (which meant no more Person Pack people qualify) -- but either that was a one-time thing for AR since I didn't know/find the original rules, OR it can be something we can vote on as the new official rule(s) for those 2 belts.
(I'll put up a voting thread for each)

Booking the DODEKAGON division should be easy enough for the moment, since I've ported those alts from the Person Pack...though we may obviously need some new blood with newer MMA alts to join up.
However, we would still need an official person (or pair) to actually handle running it so there's continuity and such.
AR had the title match going 3 rounds at 5 minutes/round, but should we stick with that, and what should the format for NON-title matches be?

And while I've been doing a couple things booking-wise with the Tag division(like with Armbars/Chaps and Wacky Deli/MoE for Ranking positioning, and planning an FM2 show either end of April or beginning/middle of May focused around continuing those Ranking seedings) that are all being set up by the matches on ARENA Rising, but as mentioned above, we'll still need somebody who's preferably not me to actually run it and keep everything cohesive.
Ideally, some of the recent tag-focused events from some of the other feds in the Alliance can perhaps also feed into the Arena tag contendership rankings (which can also be its own discussion thread).

And naturally, we need to worry about new rankings/contenders for the World Title division -- for the longest time, Zealot was the only contender because we never really held events to determine new ones after the Zealot/Riggs match, and now we'll need new contenders. While one of the simple solutions would be to use the singles wins from the AR show (Daniel Shine defeating Fishy Joe in the pre-show's opening match, Axl Evermore defeating Wonderland in the 2/3 Falls, Geese defeating Sonny X in the Legendary Champions match), and pulling potential contenders from the Battle Royals and the Battlefront match, we'll still need something to tie it all together that preferably wouldn't just be a Tournament or League (though, obviously, those 2 styles are the easiest ways to determine a #1 contender, etc), and we'll still need somebody (or a couple/few somebodies) to handle the day-to-days of running this division.

I'm exciting to hopefully see the Arena moving forward with more frequent Arena-branded shows, with the Arena belts (and perhaps occasionally belts from other feds in the Alliance) being defended more actively.

So then...what are you guys's thoughts and suggestions concerning moving forward?
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

bfx
WARRIORS MAXIMUS DANGEROUS

Re: Moving forward, post-ARENA Rising -- let's discuss!

Postby bfx » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:41 pm

fullMETAL wrote:Now that ARENA Rising is in the books, and it looks like at least few things have been set up for future storylines and matches...how do you all think we should move forward from here?

Ideally, each of the championship divisions would be run by one or two people (or 2 divisions being handled by that/those person/people), with those division-runners booking matches and running storylines/angles, etc, regardless of who ends up recording those simmed matches.

I've already expressed interest in getting the new Young EMBER division off and running (this would probably be the occasion where I may end up "doing whatever the fuck I want" but ideally, this would be a good way to showcase the increasing amount of junior-heavies here on the Roster), BFX is handling the meat-and-potatoes of the Anarchy (aka also DETHMATH) division, Level has shown interest in some aspect of official Arena running capacity, and running of the Joshivision division is currently definitely up for grabs for basically anybody that's not me who wants to take a shot at handling the fiery ladies of the Arena (it may also require a huge overhaul, in that the original roster operated under "same as FPCPP but only 160 points and under", and while there are a number of current females who meet that, there are still plenty of new females who run 161-200 points).

Which leaves the DODEKAGON (formerly FPCMMA), Battlefront, Grand-Prix, Tag, and World Title divisions a bit up in the air.

For the Battlefront and Grand-Prix title matches at ARENA Rising, I'd used a ruleset a fair bit different from the original rules for each (if somebody can find those original rulesets and post them, that'd be super helpful) -- Battlefront was simply defended in a last-fall 8-tag and the new Grand-Prix contenders were pulled from any new members who joined in July 2017 or later (which meant no more Person Pack people qualify) -- but either that was a one-time thing for AR since I didn't know/find the original rules, OR it can be something we can vote on as the new official rule(s) for those 2 belts.
(I'll put up a voting thread for each)

Booking the DODEKAGON division should be easy enough for the moment, since I've ported those alts from the Person Pack...though we may obviously need some new blood with newer MMA alts to join up.
However, we would still need an official person (or pair) to actually handle running it so there's continuity and such.
AR had the title match going 3 rounds at 5 minutes/round, but should we stick with that, and what should the format for NON-title matches be?

And while I've been doing a couple things booking-wise with the Tag division(like with Armbars/Chaps and Wacky Deli/MoE for Ranking positioning, and planning an FM2 show either end of April or beginning/middle of May focused around continuing those Ranking seedings) that are all being set up by the matches on ARENA Rising, but as mentioned above, we'll still need somebody who's preferably not me to actually run it and keep everything cohesive.
Ideally, some of the recent tag-focused events from some of the other feds in the Alliance can perhaps also feed into the Arena tag contendership rankings (which can also be its own discussion thread).

And naturally, we need to worry about new rankings/contenders for the World Title division -- for the longest time, Zealot was the only contender because we never really held events to determine new ones after the Zealot/Riggs match, and now we'll need new contenders. While one of the simple solutions would be to use the singles wins from the AR show (Daniel Shine defeating Fishy Joe in the pre-show's opening match, Axl Evermore defeating Wonderland in the 2/3 Falls, Geese defeating Sonny X in the Legendary Champions match), and pulling potential contenders from the Battle Royals and the Battlefront match, we'll still need something to tie it all together that preferably wouldn't just be a Tournament or League (though, obviously, those 2 styles are the easiest ways to determine a #1 contender, etc), and we'll still need somebody (or a couple/few somebodies) to handle the day-to-days of running this division.

I'm exciting to hopefully see the Arena moving forward with more frequent Arena-branded shows, with the Arena belts (and perhaps occasionally belts from other feds in the Alliance) being defended more actively.

So then...what are you guys's thoughts and suggestions concerning moving forward?

I agree about the meat and potatoes comment only the ANARCHY Championship is not a deathmatch championship.. at least not this version. :mrgreen: I would like to think that I've established the title, and much thanks to TMC and his champion being the driving force behind it, as an alternative to the FPCPP Championship, much like the IWGP IC title as the alternative / equal to the IWGP world title. Ya still long way to go for us.. One day, both ANARCHY Champion and World Champion will sit down and see who the better champion is :mrgreen: Both GP and BG titles maybe need to be revamped as either a tournament specific title or match specific title. Example, GP could be contested in a 2 out of 3 match

As per moving forward, I believe whoever is doing anything related to a specific title should get the freedom to determine their own #1 contender. Example, I could assign a future #1 contendership spot to the current ANARCHY Tag Team Champions, The Pitbulls, for a chance to challenge the FPWA Tag Team Champs. ELITE or The League.

Apart from this, there are the tournaments that we could and have done. WMD hosted the tournament that lead to the crowning of the FPWA Tag Team Champs, for the record is canon. WMD also hosted a Trios tournament, CERBERUS: Liga de Guerra, with SRS BSNS crowned as champs.

Point is, since we do not have actual booking committee, it is basically up to us to make sure our community's fed keep moving. We got guys willing to shoulder the responsibility to keep things going, we just need participations.
CERBERUS LIGA de GUERRA
PLAY OFFS and FINALS are up