ARENA Rising - *Finished*! Thanks for attending!

The successor of collaborative E-fedding.
fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Re: ARENA Rising - Official info thread - BIG GIANT UPDATE

Postby fullMETAL » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Recording for the show is now COMPLETELY FINISHED and post-production/editing is taking place over this week.
I should have a concrete air-date by Wednesday or late Thursday, but hopefully if things go fast, I should be able to air the show live on Twitch (ideally) this Saturday night!
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

fullMETAL

LIVE SATURDAY NIGHT!

Postby fullMETAL » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:00 pm

AND IT'S OFFICIAL: by hook or by crook, ARENA Rising WILL be airing LIVE on Twitch this Saturday night!

tigermuppetcut
Community Member

Re: ARENA Rising - *LIVE* THIS SATURDAY NIGHT!

Postby tigermuppetcut » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:33 am

Due to time zone shenanigans I can't watch live, will this be available to view afterwards somewhere (where?) thanks :)

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:47 am

Same here (well not the time zone part :lol: ). I'm excited for the show (and finding out who Geese's mystery opponent is only to realize it was old man withers from the amusement park) but definitely won't be available to watch this weekend. In general, it's really hard for me these days to plan in advance to be there for any On Demand shows :oops: Will this be On Demand or perhaps someone live illustrating the show as it broadcasts?

Spoiler: show

fullMETAL

Postby fullMETAL » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:56 pm

tigermuppetcut wrote:Due to time zone shenanigans I can't watch live, will this be available to view afterwards somewhere (where?) thanks :)

orochigeese wrote:Same here (well not the time zone part :lol: ). I'm excited for the show (and finding out who Geese's mystery opponent is only to realize it was old man withers from the amusement park) but definitely won't be available to watch this weekend. In general, it's really hard for me these days to plan in advance to be there for any On Demand shows :oops: Will this be On Demand or perhaps someone live illustrating the show as it broadcasts?

Spoiler: show

I have "Video Archiving" turned on, so yes, the show will be available as a VOD after it's finished broadcasting (it may end up being in 3 parts though -- pre-show as a whole, main show first half plus some intermission, then the end of the intermission and the main show second half -- just so I can make sure it doesn't screw up during the broadcast), and next week, I'll be uploading all the matches (and some of the non-match portions) individually to my YouTube account.

fullMETAL

Postby fullMETAL » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:28 pm

Match card graphics on first post! Check 'em out!

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:49 pm

Looks great! My only quibble, and this one will surely make you laugh, is that for the Internet Title, you use a pic of Felix Santana III in the place of Felix Santana Jr who is the actual title holder. An easy mistake to make, and one that has me chuckle a bit. On the other hand, you DID get Felix III(and his name) right for the battle royale, so that's good:)

fullMETAL

Postby fullMETAL » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:22 pm

(smacks forehead) Fuck me sideways, I keep getting that screwed up.
I'll fix it tonight.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:54 pm

I can't wait for Alastair Slater vs. Buddy Murphy.
ImageImage ImageImage

fullMETAL

Postby fullMETAL » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:58 pm

Zealot wrote:I can't wait for Alastair Slater vs. Buddy Murphy.

Aleister HAWKINS, you mean. ;)

I figured that, for the main event title match that I'd try to 1) duplicate the effects of the IWGP main event match-up from WK, and 2) give the champ and challenger a nice big ol' e-fed style real-person-picbase character graphic (and I was too lazy to draw them myself, and Omen's art for Riggs is a bit outdated even though his art for Zealot is essentially timeless).
Murphy turned out to essentially be the closest visual match to Zealot (at least, in my own eyes, anyway) and I immediately thought of Hawkins for Riggs's face. :)
(tl;dr - I actually had thought-out reasons and rationales behind the various graphical decisions I made :P )

senator wrote:Looks great! My only quibble, and this one will surely make you laugh, is that for the Internet Title, you use a pic of Felix Santana III in the place of Felix Santana Jr who is the actual title holder. An easy mistake to make, and one that has me chuckle a bit. On the other hand, you DID get Felix III(and his name) right for the battle royale, so that's good:)

Also, Felix is now fixed on the graphic. :)

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:19 pm

fullMETAL wrote:Also, Felix is now fixed on the graphic. :)

FINALLY got the right Felix in the right place!! Those graphics had to take forever to make, though, and the fact that I have three characters named Felix Santana has to be rather confusing, heh.

KingRadical
Community Member

Re: ARENA Rising - *Finished*! Thanks for attending!

Postby KingRadical » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:07 am

Spectacular show! Thanks for featuring the Internet championship AND my match with Fishy Joe, along with the rest of the stream. It was worth the weight!
M O S T R A D