FPW Arena Championship rankings discussion and info(?) thread

The successor of collaborative E-fedding.
fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

FPW Arena Championship rankings discussion and info(?) thread

Postby fullMETAL » Mon May 07, 2018 10:35 pm

It's a bit quiet on the FPWArena front post-ARENA Rising, and I think we need to make sure we're all on the same page as it relates to the championship rankings after the show.

FPW Arena World Championship
CHAMPION: Allen Riggs
Top 10 Contenders: TBD

As we move forward to determine contenders for the World Title, we should at least first agree on HOW we're going to do so, and who's going to book the shows where this happens. While I proffer the possibility of Geese Walker and Axl Evermore entering the hunt following their wins at ARENA Rising, we don't yet have a confirmed pool of contenders to fight it out -- I would probably also offer up the non-winning Heavyweight participants of the Grand-Prix contender battle royal and the Battlefront elimination tag match as possible candidates, since the 3 divisions actually seem to overlap a fair bit.

FPW Arena World Tag Team Championship
CHAMPIONS: The Fire Pro ELITE (The Chon & Tyler Alexander)
Possible Rematch: The League of Liberty (FreedoM & Justice)
Top 10 Contenders: TBD during the Tag Team Title Trials

I've got this one on lock for the moment, don't worry. :) We've already got a robust 14 teams, aside from the ELITE and the League, ready and waiting in the wings for their chance to win the belts. More teams are welcome to request booking for rankings, naturally, and I think the Tag division might have the potential to be one of the hottest-contested divisions in the entirety of the Alliance.

FPW Arena Joshivision Championship
CHAMPION: Marley Hicks
Possible Rematch: Yasuko Mizuki
Top Contenders: possibly TBD by order of elimination in the contendership battle royal at ARENA Rising

This particular scenario could possibly be up for a vote, along with the rest of the JV Main Roster fighting it out for contendership, but we still don't yet have anybody interested in running the division as a whole.

FPW Arena Young EMBER Championship
CHAMPION: Phil Stevens
Number 1 Contenders: Bullsh!t / Justin Starr
Preliminary Contenders, if going by order of elimination in the battle royals:
2: Carl Zilla vs Shen Nguyen
3: Timothy James vs Corazon de Dragon Jr.
4: Paint'd Black vs Jay Walker
5: El Tigre de Vuelo vs Val Morgan
6: Kazuo Saji vs Master Sault
7: Felix Santana III vs Pizza

This particular contendership configuration, along with others not listed/not having been booked on ARENA Rising, is actually dependent on how many of their handlers confirm/deconfirm for the Title Trials shows to determine the ACTUAL rankings. The Trials thread can actually offer a more up-to-date picture on the situation. :)

FPW Arena Grand-Prix Championship
CHAMPION: Sammi Rai
Top 7 Contenders following ARENA Rising: (to be listed once I've looked at the results screen again)

It should be easy enough to determine new contenders, especially if we go with the idea I floated of the Grand-Prix belt only being contested among the newer members who joined after World came out. Regardless, we still have a nicely-sized pool of people to compete for contendership.

FPW Arena Battlefront Championship
CHAMPION: Hiko Sojirou
Top 7 Contenders: TBD

Drawing from the same pool of contenders that are eligible for the GP and World belts, along with a bevy of Free Agents, we're gonna need some way to determine the next 7 contenders. The largest, longest, and most cumbersome way would probably be to take 56 people, divide them into 7 Battlefront-rules elimination tag matches on a multi-night show (that's if we go with the "last-fall" rule I floated), and the 7 people who score the final fall in those matches get put into the next title match? But we'd probably need something more streamlined.

FPW Arena ANARCHY Championship
CHAMPION: Mick Garland
Top 10 Contenders: TBD via however method(s) BFX would be using to do so

Pretty cut-and-dried here -- since BFX is running the division, it'll probably be up to him to determine how the rankings will stack up, and we can probably have a discussion on a separate thread on who wants to be booked for rankings in this division.

FPW Arena DODEKAGON Championship
CHAMPION: "Heavy Devy" Dan Eager
Top 10 Contenders: TBD, probably just by a simple League

This one should be easy and simple enough. I've ported the FPCMMA roster, so we can at least start with those, though I think maybe we should also consider updating and getting more members/alts from the current roster too. I'll probably put up a separate thread about that.

Let's discuss! Please! This should really be a team effort here!
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: FPW Arena Championship rankings discussion and info(?) thread

Postby orochigeese » Tue May 08, 2018 1:07 am

I'll make it easier for you in one way. Geese wants Riggs but he wants him as a holdover from their planned (and heavily promoted) but canceled match at the planned but canceled Ceese Memorial show. That match wasn't meant to be for the World Championship, it was just to honor Ceese and to test themselves against each other. Geese didn't come back from retirement for Championships, but to compete and atone for the damage he has done. He now wrestles for the right reasons and without intentionally maiming or corrupting anyone :lol:

Also, I don't think Geese should be anywhere near Title contention just cause of how long he was gone. That win against Sonny was epic (and deserves to be promo'ed about) but the Arena Scene has changed so much since Geese retired and even if he wanted to go for the belt, he has to do a lot more to go up the standings. I couldn't in good conscience have him face Riggs without facing Zealot first - plus that would be awesome 8-)

That being said, it wouldn't look great for the Championship if Geese pulled off the win and wasn't declared the new Champion. So perhaps we can have their match contested under different rules than standard Championship matches - even a Last Man Standing match or something like that.

Let the new hungry and currently very active e-fed characters compete for the Championships 8-)

Kazuo Saji is happy to compete for the EMBER Title (which I believe is specifically for junior heavyweights) or even the Grand Prix Championship under one of it's old iterations - that of a TV Championship (which would, of course, require constant booking to be effective and can get kind of exhausting).

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Tue May 08, 2018 4:23 pm

orochigeese wrote:Also, I don't think Geese should be anywhere near Title contention just cause of how long he was gone. That win against Sonny was epic (and deserves to be promo'ed about) but the Arena Scene has changed so much since Geese retired and even if he wanted to go for the belt, he has to do a lot more to go up the standings. I couldn't in good conscience have him face Riggs without facing Zealot first - plus that would be awesome 8-)

Please do not let my loss to Riggs affect the title situation by any means. Zealot is taking a hiatus from the Alliance E-Fed stuff to reassess where he goes going forward. His future direction will also be affected most likely following the next SUPER NOVA show coming soon.
ImageImage ImageImage

fullMETAL

Postby fullMETAL » Wed May 09, 2018 9:25 pm

1 - I personally think doing a nice gimmicky non-title match between Geese and Riggs is a fantastic idea (I might even probably put it on an FM2 where World Title rankings are at stake in the undercard), and I absolutely understand and support your reasons for not wanting it to lead to a championship match; maybe this would probably be something of a Big Show-in-2018 situation? Like, faces the champion, but ultimately isn't in title contention, right? I think we would probably need a general consensus on the type of match (I like the LMS idea as a start) that can feasibly work in a not-gonna-be-for-the-belt context. I think it'd still be possible SOMEHOW though for sure.
(On a side note, I think I may have just thought of an angle for this that can start with a match between Geese and Axl Evermore on perhaps the FM2 YE Trials show as a special showcase...)

2 - Damn right, the Sonny match was epic, it got a goddamn 100% rating, after all! (now up on YouTube! - https://youtu.be/XH3i7a2miXk )

3 - So I'll take that as a "confirm" for Saji to be booked in the YE Trials and for GP and Battlefront rankings, then? :)

orochigeese wrote:I'll make it easier for you in one way. Geese wants Riggs but he wants him as a holdover from their planned (and heavily promoted) but canceled match at the planned but canceled Ceese Memorial show. That match wasn't meant to be for the World Championship, it was just to honor Ceese and to test themselves against each other. Geese didn't come back from retirement for Championships, but to compete and atone for the damage he has done. He now wrestles for the right reasons and without intentionally maiming or corrupting anyone :lol:

Also, I don't think Geese should be anywhere near Title contention just cause of how long he was gone. That win against Sonny was epic (and deserves to be promo'ed about) but the Arena Scene has changed so much since Geese retired and even if he wanted to go for the belt, he has to do a lot more to go up the standings. I couldn't in good conscience have him face Riggs without facing Zealot first - plus that would be awesome 8-)

That being said, it wouldn't look great for the Championship if Geese pulled off the win and wasn't declared the new Champion. So perhaps we can have their match contested under different rules than standard Championship matches - even a Last Man Standing match or something like that.

Let the new hungry and currently very active e-fed characters compete for the Championships 8-)

Kazuo Saji is happy to compete for the EMBER Title (which I believe is specifically for junior heavyweights) or even the Grand Prix Championship under one of it's old iterations - that of a TV Championship (which would, of course, require constant booking to be effective and can get kind of exhausting).

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu May 10, 2018 5:30 am

So I'll take that as a "confirm" for Saji to be booked in the YE Trials and for GP and Battlefront rankings, then?

Yes, I’d definitely like him booked for YE Trials and to be considered for GP + Battlefront rankings :numberone:

I’ll respond to the rest of your post in the next two days but just wanted to confirm this part so it wouldn’t hold up any immediate plans 8-)

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri May 11, 2018 6:24 am

Zealot wrote:
orochigeese wrote:Also, I don't think Geese should be anywhere near Title contention just cause of how long he was gone. That win against Sonny was epic (and deserves to be promo'ed about) but the Arena Scene has changed so much since Geese retired and even if he wanted to go for the belt, he has to do a lot more to go up the standings. I couldn't in good conscience have him face Riggs without facing Zealot first - plus that would be awesome 8-)

Please do not let my loss to Riggs affect the title situation by any means. Zealot is taking a hiatus from the Alliance E-Fed stuff to reassess where he goes going forward. His future direction will also be affected most likely following the next SUPER NOVA show coming soon.

Oh that's very interesting :idea:

Looks like you have big things planned for Zealot!! 8-)

fullMETAL wrote:1 - I personally think doing a nice gimmicky non-title match between Geese and Riggs is a fantastic idea (I might even probably put it on an FM2 where World Title rankings are at stake in the undercard), and I absolutely understand and support your reasons for not wanting it to lead to a championship match; maybe this would probably be something of a Big Show-in-2018 situation? Like, faces the champion, but ultimately isn't in title contention, right? I think we would probably need a general consensus on the type of match (I like the LMS idea as a start) that can feasibly work in a not-gonna-be-for-the-belt context. I think it'd still be possible SOMEHOW though for sure.

Yeah, this is a challenge for a few reasons:

1) Most non-title matches with a Champion lack the drama by not having the Championship involved. 2) It begs the question that if the challenger wins, will they then get a title shot? 3) As a result, many non-title matches necessarily suggest the challenger will win to force a title match. This assumption causes a further lack of drama over the biggest mystery you never want the fans to know: who will win a match. But arguably worse than that: 4) A singles Champion losing a non-title singles match hurts the Champion and the Championship.

UNLESS...there's some kind of stipulation involved that protects the champion. This is easier when the Champion is one of a division that holds very specific matches (let's say hardcore matches) and the match with the non-champion is a totally different match (like a standard match or a submission match).

As much as I'd personally love a "Last Man Standing" match, I feel like that's a type of match I could see Riggs wanting to defend his Title in given his character.

The easiest way to protect Riggs while still allowing him and Geese to go at it is either a tag match or maybe an MMA fight. A tag match dilutes their conflict (and allows the possibility that neither are defeated directly) but allows Riggs' side to lose without him or the Championship suffering at all. An MMA match puts this in an entirely different setting and ruleset but one that I honestly think FPW is ill-equipped for (KOC2 yes, FPW no) and that doesn't make any sense for this particular storyline. The tag match just feels like a cop-out though.

Another idea! Triple Threat match. This could work nicely. Whoever becomes the #1 Contender (to the World Title) faces Geese and Riggs in the same match. If the #1 Contender wins, he gets a Title shot at Riggs. If Geese wins, he wins and that's it (well...a very megalomaniacal promo would follow). If Riggs wins, he wins and the #1 contender doesn't get a title shot. Since it's triple threat (and Geese can presumably pin #1 contender to win), Riggs doesn't get hurt even if he does get pinned since that can play into the feud with the #1 contender. The dramatic sense of who will win is preserved and Riggs/Championship is completely protected even if he loses.

Geese can have heat with the #1 contender since the story (not our thinking) is that he wants Riggs 1 on 1. This is kind of like HBK being angry at "He who shall not Be Noitamed" (such a bad pun :lol: ) for using his Rumble Win to get the guaranteed Title shot at HHH at WM 20 when HBK wasn't done with his personal feud with HHH.

:idea:

I know - let's go "Agent Smith" in Matrix 3. Let's use Carl's Royal Rumble mod and have like 50 Geeses and 50 Riggs and just have them come down to the ring and fight each other until a winner is declared :lol:

fullMETAL wrote:(On a side note, I think I may have just thought of an angle for this that can start with a match between Geese and Axl Evermore on perhaps the FM2 YE Trials show as a special showcase...)

Sounds good - I'm definitely open to that 8-)

I aim to get an RP up in the near future with Geese responding to the Sonny match and hinting at a Riggs challenge but mostly just reacting to the Sonny match since what happened was 10 years in the making 8-)

fullMETAL wrote:2 - Damn right, the Sonny match was epic, it got a goddamn 100% rating, after all! (now up on YouTube! - https://youtu.be/XH3i7a2miXk )

Next match on my "to watch" list 8-)

fullMETAL

Postby fullMETAL » Wed May 16, 2018 9:17 pm

I feel dumb for not having remembered to post this sooner, but for any of you planning on booking FPWArena championship matches on your shows, here are the Fight! graphics for them, on my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=134rRR ... qvwogtQeOo

bfx
WARRIORS MAXIMUS DANGEROUS

Postby bfx » Sat May 19, 2018 8:57 am

Guys, I think I'm gonna have to release control of the ANARCHY Championship. I'm having work related issues. Worst case scenario type of shit.. I don't know what's the outcome but I know that I may have to focus on my real life after this. Got 2 daughters depending on me.

So guess this is goodbye for now guys. If and when the dust settle I'll be back. Enjoy WORLD.
CERBERUS LIGA de GUERRA
PLAY OFFS and FINALS are up