The official "I just marked out thread," now with pictures and videos!

For general discussion of Fire Pro Wrestling World topics and news.
orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: The official "I just marked out thread," now with pictures and videos!

Postby orochigeese » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:32 am

Spoiler: show

Overall it was a great match with a ton of momentum switches but that spot was the highlight. It was also the first time I've seen Tetsu do this move since setting it a few weeks ago :markout:

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Postby TigerSword » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:23 pm

His poor knees.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:59 am

Fignuts
Community Member

Postby Fignuts » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Was simming Jack Gallagher vs Ali Mustafa

Jack knocks Ali down, and does his polite bow taunt. Then immediately gets rolled up for the 3 count.

Beautiful.

October Raven
Community Member

Postby October Raven » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:57 pm

The hits keep coming.

Cap'n Edward Read vs Wesley Winner becomes much better than it had any right to be seeing that Winner is a jobber: https://youtu.be/rFT_GBWHcgQ

And then THIS happened:

No DQ match. Fifty. Eight. Minutes.

Only bad part is when an apron chokeslam gets nosolf :doko:
Proving Ground Championship Wrestling: Weekly TV based E-Fed
#FLSoverMLS

My YouTube Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzhF75 ... TfnVvGi8hw WATCH LIKE SUBSCRIBE RECOMMEND TO PEOPLE PLZ

October Raven
Community Member

Postby October Raven » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:52 am

Bone Collection Wrestling with another smash hit.

The Match: https://youtu.be/IGm_2ZQe4EM
#FLSoverMLS

My YouTube Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzhF75 ... TfnVvGi8hw WATCH LIKE SUBSCRIBE RECOMMEND TO PEOPLE PLZ

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:49 am

When Phoenix Rising goes big, they REALLY go big. Tonight, I ran Showdown's sixth episode, and the co-main event (slightly retroactive) was between the Black Dragon and the demon, Tasharun.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/248677879

This is probably the single greatest match I have ever simmed, and it was LIVE. I am unbelievably proud of how these two have come out at this point.
The edits of Phoenix Rising can always be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1174511351
Phoenix Rising can be found on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/firehawk2289 and on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/Kileas

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:35 am

Firehawk wrote:When Phoenix Rising goes big, they REALLY go big. Tonight, I ran Showdown's sixth episode, and the co-main event (slightly retroactive) was between the Black Dragon and the demon, Tasharun.

This is probably the single greatest match I have ever simmed, and it was LIVE. I am unbelievably proud of how these two have come out at this point.

I can confirm, this was a MOTY quality bout. Not just for Phoenix Rising, but for anywhere in the FPWA continum. Do check it out!

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:25 pm

This match came up and took me by surprise. Josie Jett is the junior member of the Blue Notes in Wacker Drive Revival, she's somewhat fast paced, and gets most of her damage off big boot style kicks. Jamie Tomasi is a Thiago Gracie student in BJJ and pro wrestling, and is in Universal Combat Shoot Style. Like Thiago, he only goes for armbar finishes. As such, this was a bit of a young lion testing match.

Jett seemed to have an early lead when about ten minutes in, Tomasi pulled guard and snapped her arm with a vicious armbar CRITICAL! But they were in the ropes. As such, the match now continued, with a completely different pace, as Tomasi threw suplex after suplex and kept Jett off balance. Josie was determined to keep herself from an ignominious defeat, and started a comeback, hitting a diving front kick, and several big combinations, fighting on the outside and taking control back, only to be put in another armbar...on the ropes again, sliding there just in time for referee Junior Ellis to call for a break.

This seemed to be a rallying call for Jett, as she then proceeded to hit her finisher, the Jukebox Jolt, a running corner boot for a near fall, and then hit two sliding front kicks in a row, one for another near fall, another for the three count.

This match deserved more than the paltry 99% it received...

---

Also simmed an insane bout between freshly created Harry Wills and the Easton Assassin, Larry Holmes. Wills, a contemporary of Dempsey(who never got his rightful shot at the title thanks to racial politics and financial mishaps) pressured Holmes for six incredible rounds, putting him on the mat repeatedly. In the sixth round, however, Holmes finally got his bearings, working the jab and finished the bout with a big right hand. This one was a war.

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Firehawk wrote:When Phoenix Rising goes big, they REALLY go big. Tonight, I ran Showdown's sixth episode, and the co-main event (slightly retroactive) was between the Black Dragon and the demon, Tasharun.

I was on vacation Monday night so i didn't see the show live. But I saw it last night. I was like. :shock: that was one hell of a match.

I second Senator's recommendation to watch it as well.

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:47 pm

orochigeese wrote:

Overall it was a great match with a ton of momentum switches but that spot was the highlight. It was also the first time I've seen Tetsu do this move since setting it a few weeks ago :markout:

What logic settings did you use? I have guys set to do outside dives like this and most of the time they just retreat to center ring to breathe even if the combined logic settings have them doing something to leave the ring 100%.

Love Wilcox
Community Member

Postby Love Wilcox » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:26 pm

heelsinc wrote:
orochigeese wrote:

What logic settings did you use? I have guys set to do outside dives like this and most of the time they just retreat to center ring to breathe even if the combined logic settings have them doing something to leave the ring 100%.

My EDITs that do dives to the outside typically have 90-100% Entertainment and the diving move(s) itself will be set anywhere from 50-100% depending on the wrestler. It also helps to have multiple ways to throw the opponent outside. Every time the opponent is groggy on the outside it counts as a "roll of the dice" on the diving logic, the more "dice rolls" you get the higher the chance of seeing the move.

Though even with relatively high settings I still have matches with 0 dives thanks to my good friend RNGesus.
My original edits: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1140

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Love Wilcox wrote:
heelsinc wrote:
orochigeese wrote:

My EDITs that do dives to the outside typically have 90-100% Entertainment and the diving move(s) itself will be set anywhere from 50-100% depending on the wrestler. It also helps to have multiple ways to throw the opponent outside. Every time the opponent is groggy on the outside it counts as a "roll of the dice" on the diving logic, the more "dice rolls" you get the higher the chance of seeing the move.

Though even with relatively high settings I still have matches with 0 dives thanks to my good friend RNGesus.

I've had matches with 4-5 opportunities for dives and seen 0 even if all 100% is in different dive scenarios. I'll try to up the entertainment and see if that help.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Okay I just saw this. I can't really disagree with you here. We all know how strong Tasharun is, but The Black Dragon pretty much put herself permanently on the map for Phoenix Rising.

This match had some incredible pacing (Even the strike exchanges were paced wonderfully) and that finish is spectactular.
ImageImage ImageImage

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:16 am

Hilarious sequence between Walter Malone and Pizza from Food Fites

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlueModernPizza ... ium=create
ImageImage ImageImage

October Raven
Community Member

Postby October Raven » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:45 am

Another great match from my 'Heavy Metal ECW' fed: "Death Metal Viking" Magnus Skullhammer vs "The Elder Demon" Rallaster

https://youtu.be/0CNR5_ReKaI
#FLSoverMLS

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 am

Cool new spot I just got tonight:

And yes, that's a new Geese attire ;)

I've been testing out an alternate Geese build and made a new attire to easily identify him.

heelsinc wrote:
orochigeese wrote:

Showmanship: 80%
Discretion: 72%

Moves to Outside Category:

Do Nothing: 0%
Leave Ring: 0%
Rope Slingshot: 30% (Swan Dive Missile Kick)
Running to Outside: 0%
Post (SML): 0%
Post (MED): 0%
Post (BIG): 35% (Diving Enzui Kneedrop)
Post (SML) + (MED): 35% Diving Double Knee Press

Honestly, those settings (especially Showmanship and Discretion) aren't ideal for getting an edit who does a lot of moves to the outside but the CPU just happened to get the right positioning here in this match. So much of the potential of cool things happening in Fire Pro comes down to the right things happening at the right times/locations of the ring. One thing we can't control is WHERE in the ring our edits will be. Therefore, an edit with 80% Showmanship who just happens to be in a sim where they are near the ropes a lot can end up doing far more moves to the outside (or to the corner) than an edit with 100% Showmanship who just happens to be in a sim where they are near the center of the ring a lot.

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:03 pm

orochigeese wrote:And yes, that's a new Geese attire ;)

I've been testing out an alternate Geese build and made a new attire to easily identify him.

IT'S BEAUTIFUL I WANT IT

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Wonderland wrote:
orochigeese wrote:And yes, that's a new Geese attire ;)

IT'S BEAUTIFUL I WANT IT

Thanks! :D :numberone:

I created the alt version last week Wednesday, worked on it for about two nights then had to stop. Got back to it last night and am pretty happy with the progress but there are still a few issues (mainly with early-medium down attack logic interacting with dazed standing strikes and back grapples). Once I feel a little better about the flow, I’ll hopefully upload him within the week. Eventually I expect him to replace the existing Geese edit who I started noticing things I now disliked (like winning too many matches off the strike exchange 360 lariat -> pin priority which I now replaced with his Anaconda Vice) or just got tired of (mount powerbomb -> pin now replaced by pop-up powerbomb -> pin). Also got tired of the running STO as I dislike the animation of it for him specifically and feel it dilutes the delayed STO special which I love for him. Overall I am definitely enjoying the matches... AND new attire :lol:

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:59 pm

I'm guilty of not sharing fun stuff from MNW very often but I think this deserves a Twitch clip.

Spoiler from MWN27 below:

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:06 pm

orochigeese wrote:Thanks! :D :numberone:

That all sounds awesome geeseman. I hope you keep both attires though! :D

Kristofferson wrote:I'm guilty of not sharing fun stuff from MNW very often but I think this deserves a Twitch clip.

Holy god all mighty that was unbelievably awesome! WOW :shock:

:markout:

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Kristofferson wrote:I'm guilty of not sharing fun stuff from MNW very often but I think this deserves a Twitch clip.

Poor Alger. Not so Dangerous there... :cry:

---

This happened during my test sims last night.

And this was a crazy fight. With a bit of context, Wilder has said in real life that he'd destroy Tyson in the ring, so I figured I'd give him a shot. He made the best of it. In the closing seconds of R2, Wilder landed his big windmill overhand, and CRITICALed Tyson. I figured that would be it, and that the next solid punch would finish him in the next round. Nope! Iron Mike proved himself to be the Baddest Man on the Planet by coming back in R3, avoiding Wilder's offence and landed a huge combination to put him down for the count before he could take any damage! Love when stuff like that happens.

PensiverealtalkT
Community Member

Postby PensiverealtalkT » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:01 pm

So this happened

not glitched

https://gfycat.com/TinyExcellentKagu

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:03 pm

PensiverealtalkT wrote:So this happened

not glitched

https://gfycat.com/TinyExcellentKagu

Great spot!

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:16 am

Claccic FPCPP on Voodoo's stream with Tiger Sword vs. Wonderland. This was an awesome sequence of events.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealSpotlessRavenBibleThump