Move slot (SML) (MED) (BIG) differences?

For general discussion of Fire Pro Wrestling World topics and news.
QWARKED

Move slot (SML) (MED) (BIG) differences?

Postby QWARKED » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm

So, besides the move availability, I see a lot of inconsistent info going around here.
People say things like higher slots, even with lower moves, give different stun states, downtime etc.
If you're playing with CZ's mods and use the tester bars etc., you see that isn't really true - hit stun amount is variable but a drop toe hold in small will not necessarily have less downtime/stun than a drop toe hold in big. I still see people posting that when we have the tools to test this.
I did notice that there's a groggy state in higher moveslots after groundstun. That's one of the anomalies.
That said, the big guides we've had since returns note that difference move slots have different breath consumption. This seems to hold true.
Is there something I'm missing here or is the game really still just that nebulous to people these days?
Last edited by QWARKED on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Re: Move slot (SML) (MED) (BIG) differences?

Postby TigerSword » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Medium moves cause an edit to stay down longer and not get up stunned. Big moves cause an edit to get up stunned after taking enough health damage. In other words, a medium slot move will keep the edit on the mat until the timer hits zero, while the Big move has the edit get up sooner to set up stunned moves.

Of course, once an edit takes enough damage then most moves will cause an edit to get up stunned due to the length of the timer.

QWARKED

Postby QWARKED » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:39 pm

TigerSword wrote:Medium moves cause an edit to stay down longer and not get up stunned. Big moves cause an edit to get up stunned after taking enough health damage.

and for the (SML) + (MED)?

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Postby TigerSword » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:42 pm

I don't know the specific properties for small med.

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:00 pm

>I did notice that there's a groggy state in higher moveslots after groundstun. That's one of the anomalies.

That's been a thing for ages. 'Moves in BIG setup for standing dives, moves in SML and MED setup for grounded dives', etc. I've personally never tested variances in downtime because it's something easily observable just from the many hours spent simming.

>Is there something I'm missing here or is the game really still just that nebulous to people these days?

If you wanna start making statements like that, back it up with appropriate tests and data. You've got the tools in the lifebars and downstate timers after all.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:12 pm

QWARKED wrote:
TigerSword wrote:Medium moves cause an edit to stay down longer and not get up stunned. Big moves cause an edit to get up stunned after taking enough health damage.

and for the (SML) + (MED)?

Extended down-time, supposedly like medium.

MBXfilms
Community Member

Postby MBXfilms » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:46 pm

I think the only difference is the BIG make them stand dazed under most circumstances other than overkill and they get to pop up.

I was under the assumption early in Fire Pro play that the BIG moves did more damage even if you put a small or medium there but that is false. The moves have set damages.

The two button is suppose to keep you down longest I thought but that may be myth also.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Higher spots tend to get reversed more early on as well (aka a Big move with %s in Small Dmg).

The AI will see them fire off occasionally due to Ukemi is all.

FortunaTheCat

Postby FortunaTheCat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:22 pm

if you put quick moves in higher slots you'll put out harder to counter big moves
"WWE is the Titanic the only difference is the WWE takes years to sink"

https://www.instagram.com/fortunathecat1/

say Hello to my beautiful Black luckbringing Cat :lolcat: