Which diving moves do the CPU choose for on-shoulder double teams?

For general discussion of Fire Pro Wrestling World topics and news.
Edgely
Community Member

Which diving moves do the CPU choose for on-shoulder double teams?

Postby Edgely » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:39 am

I remember seeing this somewhere but can't find it. Looking to set up logic for a tag team whose finisher is a doomsday move. Need the legal partner to lift the opponent onto the shoulders and then the non-legal to do the appropriate attack. Can't remember which slot is the appropriate one, however. I seem to remember that one certain slot will always be the one the CPU uses.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Re: Which diving moves do the CPU choose for on-shoulder double teams?

Postby fullbug » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:00 am

I believe Sen is right.....
Damm, I wish we had logic for that double team move......If we did, I would create a whole tag team thing on its own......
Last edited by fullbug on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edgely
Community Member

Postby Edgely » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 am

senator wrote:Whatever's set to Large/O will work.

Fabulous, thank you

fullbug wrote:I believe Sen is right.....
Damm, I wish we had logic for that double team move......

We can dream

Edgely
Community Member

Postby Edgely » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:42 am

Has anyone actually seen this occur in FPWW? Come to think of it, I've yet to see it and no matter how much I tweak the cooperation amount, making sure cut play is on, I've yet to see it. I simmed a ton tonight as well.

It used to happen all the time in FPR. Just something that will have to be addressed later, perhaps?

maikeru
Community Member

Postby maikeru » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:48 am

It's more likely to happen with very high cooperation and touchwork, I think. You might also want to use a referee whose involvement time is set to long.

MBXfilms
Community Member

Postby MBXfilms » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Can the partner jump in if they are not tagged in? Like the legal man lifts on their shoulders, the non legal man just comes in and does the flying move if they have it right? Do does the CPU read if their partner has a flying move? How do they really decided because I've never seen it done leading to a failure.

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:00 pm

The Dragonrana does not work. It turns into the Missile Dropkick.

Or in my case, it straight up broke everyone.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:09 pm

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:

The Dragonrana does not work. It turns into the Missile Dropkick.

Or in my case, it straight up broke everyone.

I should amend that to say that any top rope move set to Large that doesn't have a "grapple interaction" will work. So no, the Dragonrana, diving cutter, blockbuster and moves of that sort will not work, but your diving lariats, sledgehammers, missile dropkicks are good.

MBXfilms
Community Member

Postby MBXfilms » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:17 pm

So then does the JUMPER need special logic, like to try to do the move at all? Or can you leave it 0% so they will only do it as a double team?
Is it just up to the partner to lift the opponent?

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:34 am

MBXfilms wrote:Can the partner jump in if they are not tagged in? Like the legal man lifts on their shoulders, the non legal man just comes in and does the flying move if they have it right? Do does the CPU read if their partner has a flying move? How do they really decided because I've never seen it done leading to a failure.

CPU will come in if you hold the opponent for a standing attack or lift them on to your shoulders for a top rope attack. CPU gets the same amount of time in-ring as if he just tagged out, right before he's forced to the apron.

Edgely
Community Member

Postby Edgely » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:52 pm

View619 wrote:CPU will come in if you hold the opponent for a standing attack or lift them on to your shoulders for a top rope attack. CPU gets the same amount of time in-ring as if he just tagged out, right before he's forced to the apron.

I used to see it all the time in Returns but so far in World I have tweaked the CPU logic to allow the maximum probability of it occurring and I have yet to see it. I've also played the P1 position and attempted the spot over and over and my partner never goes for it.

It should be noted that the move I have set to that position, however, is the diving double knee press which has a connection animation so perhaps it isn't being attempted because the move can't actually be done. I'll try switching it to a standard attack and seeing if that triggers it.

Also to note is that I have yet to see the full nelson double team hold as well.

*edit* I finally saw a team attempt the full nelson double team but the partner didn't come in for the attack. Still have yet to see the Doomsday.

IamAres
Community Member

Postby IamAres » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:04 am

Edgely wrote:It should be noted that the move I have set to that position, however, is the diving double knee press which has a connection animation so perhaps it isn't being attempted because the move can't actually be done. I'll try switching it to a standard attack and seeing if that triggers it.

That's definitely at least part of it. It has to be a "hit." A clothesline, dropkick, etc. The Double Knee is more of a "landing on."
Also slightly there's something happy, so enjoy it!