Who's Creating What

For general discussion of Fire Pro Wrestling World topics and news.
Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Who's Creating What

Postby Professor Voodoo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Ok so World shouldn't be TOO far away. I'd like to ask to all those that will be creating edits in World, what do you guys plan on making or have ideas for?

As it stands, my current edit plans for World are:

* A good chunk of the Krazy Pro Wrasslin roster (Especially Yummy Japan, the Supahstahz, and the motherfishing Fillet Club)
* Characters from various violent fighting games, like Kasumi Ninja, Way Of The Warrior, etc.....
* Characters from an obscure PS1 sports game
* Characters from anime shows i really enjoy

These are ideas, but nothing concrete:

* A kaiju/mecha based league (everyone is G sized, and moves slowly)
* The cast of Wrestling Revolution (the first one)
I love World.

equals19
Community Member

Re: Who's Creating What

Postby equals19 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:02 pm

I'm gonna be making all sorts of characters from video games and movies and pop culture.

My first projects are gonna be: gi joe, star wars, and Pokemon edits

captain howdy
Community Member

Postby captain howdy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:43 pm

I plan on making some variation of the NES Pro Wrestling edits, Mat Mania, The Main Event and other Arcade and Console wrestling games. I'm not sure if these will have the game accurate simplified move sets and logic like I did with FPR, or if I will end up doing a more custom approach filling all of that out.

I'm not sure how coloring and layers are going to work so I don't know if I'm going to be able to get as creative with the skin/colors as I was in FPR.

I'm also going to be making some Promotion Year packs, my first will be Jim Crockett Promotions 1986. My second will be WWF 1993 or WWF 1987, not sure yet. These will be based off of real life wrestlers with full move sets and logic and will be intended to represent the full year of that promotion, this will include any super show or PPV specific rosters and attires.

If S-1 Mode gets added at some point I will re-make my NES MIke Tyson's Punch-Out Edits, and possibly revisit my boxing edits.
My Fire Pro Returns Edit Packs:
16-Bit Mania!!
16 Bit Mania!! Expansion Pack
NES/Arcade
Heavyweight Boxing
16-Bit Mania!! Promotion Specific Packs

Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Postby Professor Voodoo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Oh sweet! I look forward to your 16 bit edits, Howdy.
I love World.

Tommy Tarantula
Community Member

Postby Tommy Tarantula » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:14 pm

I'm starting with My own personal Edit, Then after that skies the limit. ;)

freem
Everytime I am Particular

Postby freem » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:33 pm

mainly working on tools (so the first few FPWorld edits of mine won't have any basis in reality, nor will they be used and/or uploaded), but I figure I'm going to be converting a number of characters from the Multitap save (as well as my own saves, but that's less important) later on.

Phil Parent
Community Member

Postby Phil Parent » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:46 pm

The Anthology of course. I'm working on formula-ing 2nd-3rd-4th costumes right now.

KingTengu
Community Member

Postby KingTengu » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:51 pm

My plans are to first make the legendary names of pro wrestling like Inoki, Baba, Tsuruta, etc., but in two variations. One will be their real life selves (with accurate attires based on real life), and the other will be their Fire Pro incarnations (with made up attires) based on FPR.

If someone has a zip file of the FPR wrestler stats that I can use as reference points, PM me please. Thanks a bunch!
Last edited by KingTengu on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy is crying because of what Roman Reigns tried to do to Braun Strowman at Great Balls of Fire. Too bad for her she doesn't know that it was pre-taped (allegedly), lol. :P

MBXfilms
Community Member

Postby MBXfilms » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:30 pm

WWE and NXT to start. (I had to be THAT guy first?)
It's what I watch. I kind like making the moveset-less NXT guys and slowly adding and rebuilding them as they grow.
Same with WWE ha ha ha.

Then I like to have late 90's WCW, ECW, WWF.
New Japan after that. I will probably mix it up, especially if other people start making some New Japan and such.

I actually had a lot of Kaiju Big Battel characters made with movesets and AI on FPR, but no way to share, never had the action replay and such. Maybe I could remake them and share easy on World if people would want that.

Phil Parent
Community Member

Postby Phil Parent » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Throwing an idea out there for somebody who might be looking for an original project.

The Cornellverse. The default wrestlers of TEW.

You have a picture to work with for the head, a bio, main moves, and stats so you can scale the wrestlers compared to each other. Community's made some full body renders for some of the main characters, but you'd mostly have free reigns there.

Plus there's what, over a thousand of them now?

crippler19
Community Member

Postby crippler19 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:07 pm

I'll be making real wrestlers but I'm not planning any particular "sets" or anything. I'll share whatever I do make thou, I'll probably start with a few favorites the first couple of days (Okada, KUSHIDA, Kawada, Mutoh, Muta, Liger, Penta)

Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Postby Professor Voodoo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Oh i can tell this is gonna be epic.
I love World.

DM_PSX
Community Member

Postby DM_PSX » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Professor Voodoo wrote:Ok so World shouldn't be TOO far away. I'd like to ask to all those that will be creating edits in World, what do you guys plan on making or have ideas for?
I'm making a whole promotion for every hand scribbled logo I posted in the logo thread recently. I started keeping a text file for my worker ideas so I don't forget anything.

equals19
Community Member

Postby equals19 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Phil Parent wrote:Throwing an idea out there for somebody who might be looking for an original project.

You have a picture to work with for the head, a bio, main moves, and stats so you can scale the wrestlers compared to each other. Community's made some full body renders for some of the main characters, but you'd mostly have free reigns there.

Where is this located? I might have a gander

DM_PSX
Community Member

Postby DM_PSX » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:52 pm

MBXfilms wrote:I actually had a lot of Kaiju Big Battel characters made with movesets and AI on FPR, but no way to share, never had the action replay and such. Maybe I could remake them and share easy on World if people would want that.
Did you get good results? It's been awhile since I was able to play my PS2(2009!). 'Kaiju' is one of my promotion logos I want to create. :D

kidcage
Community Member

Postby kidcage » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Just starting off with the current roster for each of my three original edit feds I'm actively running: Wrestling Federation of America, Quad-Cities Classical Wrestling, and if I decide to keep it going, Grand Wrestling Federation.

From there on out, I'll work on bringing in all my other original edits and the like, so even if I don't use them, they are all there just in case. From then on out, it'll depend on how the game is. Diving into more in-depth rings, alternate attires, and the like.

I have a feeling this is going to be a daunting process, but I've set myself up for it. I've been recently going through every original promotion and edit I've ever created, drafted, used, and the near dozen or more promotions I've ran over nearly 20 years through assorted means. I'm then creating an alphabetical directory with stats, fed and title histories, and win-loss records for every wrestler. Through doing this I've realized there are some edits who probably never got a good "shot" at some of my more major promotions that lasted longer than say, 12-15 shows, that I'd like to see work again.

I figure once all those edits are done (probably about 550-600 or so?) I'll think about some all-new edits.

Fignuts
Community Member

Postby Fignuts » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Been considering doing Lucha Underground.

Jetlag
Community Member

Postby Jetlag » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:32 pm

I'm calling dibs on providing the Masayoshi Motegi edit.

Also wrestlers from ARSION, BattlARTS, Yume Factory...

vverhei

Postby vverhei » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:06 pm

I don't know if we needed another guy doing Marvel and DC comic book edits, but that's what I plan on spending my time on.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 pm

vverhei wrote:I don't know if we needed another guy doing Marvel and DC comic book edits, but that's what I plan on spending my time on.

If you have the desire to make it, go for it! We can always use more edit makers, and I know that more comic edits will be welcomed.

As for me, I'm going to try to remake pretty much everything I had in FPR, and update things, too.

1) Modern pro wrestling edits, focusing primarily on WWE, with NJPW and the indy scene covered as well.
2) MMA/Boxing/Kickboxing, I want to recreate a bunch of Pride era guys first, work on finding how to best make boxers that stand out from each other and scale properly in FPW, and make a plethora of kickboxers of today and past.
3) Historic wrestlers dating back to the 1800s, anyone who has my classic save knows where I'm going there, although with unlimited space, I can truly go off the rails with recreating the eras
4) Heroes of History! I'm going to bring it back, with Teddy, Abe, Ronnie, Bill and company taking on the villains of the past!
5) JACK BAUER WILL RETURN AND CRITICAL EVERYTHING IN SIGHT

AP_Epikyur
Community Member

Postby AP_Epikyur » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 pm

equals19 wrote:I'm gonna be making all sorts of characters from video games and movies and pop culture.

Pokemon edits? That should be interesting to see.

Phil Parent
Community Member

Postby Phil Parent » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:05 am

equals19 wrote:
Phil Parent wrote:Throwing an idea out there for somebody who might be looking for an original project.

Where is this located? I might have a gander

TEW is a text-based wrestling simulator. You can find the free demo, which includes the whole database, on this page.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/downloads.php?id=111

I used to work on the team that created EWR/TEW and while the CornellVerse was always to be a stand-in for the REAL rosters (sound familiar? Grey Dog Software never got sued for it, so Spike Chunsoft should be fine...) it has a ton of characters in it.

Mason BK

Postby Mason BK » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:45 am

Depends on the parts.I will definitely make my GI Joes and Cobra Factions and Deep edits I may add!.I will add hasbro style Street Fighter and Mortal Kambat fighters to create more depth to my Joes/Cobra universe.Then I will download who ever does a bad ass job with DC/Marvel Guys.

Rambo and Arnold's Matrix/Dutch Character for a tag team.Riddick,Robocop,Terminators,Universal Soilders,John Wick,rocky and his rivals,King Arthur and Knights of Jutices.Batman Animated Series type Guys.Conan and again if parts help Gargoyles.

Real world guys I will do 1970/80s Wwwf,wwf,NWA,AWA,Shouthern legends,Lucha Libre legends,Puerto RICO Wrestling Legends.

I will do a counter part federations with guys that is based on real wrestler with different names and look.I also got this Broken Universe type idea with The Greatest Jobbers or most well know in wrestling history.This universe will showcase a lot of them as top jobs and contenders to do battle against The real legends.I will have fun with that.

I will not over load any of my edits with points.I want them to be able to have Great matches and not lopsided fights.I remember "Here Comes The Pain" back in the day the edits people made where always superhuman

equals19
Community Member

Postby equals19 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:54 am

AP_Epikyur wrote:
equals19 wrote:I'm gonna be making all sorts of characters from video games and movies and pop culture.

Pokemon edits? That should be interesting to see.

I'm over halfway done with the Pokemon on fpwr

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:04 am

equals19 wrote:I'm over halfway done with the Pokemon on fpwr

Now you need to team up with Spike to create: "Pokemon Fire Go!"

Walk around your city and throw table pieces at Poke-wrestlers to recruit them to your edit pack.

senator wrote:As for me, I'm going to try to remake pretty much everything I had in FPR, and update things, too.

3) Historic wrestlers dating back to the 1800s, anyone who has my classic save knows where I'm going there, although with unlimited space, I can truly go off the rails with recreating the eras
4) Heroes of History! I'm going to bring it back, with Teddy, Abe, Ronnie, Bill and company taking on the villains of the past!
5) JACK BAUER WILL RETURN AND CRITICAL EVERYTHING IN SIGHT

This all makes me very happy :D :markout:

(Also makes me want to re-create Solid Haas to get a rematch against Jack Bauer :lol: )