Fire Pro Wrestling World Announced!

For general discussion of Fire Pro Wrestling World topics and news.
IamAres
Community Member

Re: Fire Pro Wrestling World Announced!

Postby IamAres » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:20 am

sonny615 wrote:^ Probably my favorite edit maker :mrgreen:

Nice to see you man!

Thanks, man. I think you told me that before, long ago, but it meant a lot to me, actually. Nice to know something I came up with could leave an impression.

If this game is the real deal, I imagine I'll be back in business.

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:20 pm

IamAres wrote:Holy shit, guys. Is this thing the real deal?

I never even thought about getting my hopes up after that avatar game BS.

Holy shit.

Looks like it is. Can't wait for this to come out.

Glad to see you again. I'm still using your edit pack after all these years. :)

Phil Parent
Community Member

Postby Phil Parent » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 pm

I think the WORLD team and the community will make FPW something seminal when it comes to the history of wrestling games.

We are partners, in ways. They create the tools, and get the money for making it all possible, which is fair. We create the content, and we get the game we want, which is what we hoped for.

And since it's on PC, and we have technically gifted members, we can keep it alive basically forever. Not to mention all of the edit makers.

Could be the last Fire Pro, and paradoxically, the one that will live forever.

Lord Worm
Dominus Haplotaxida

Postby Lord Worm » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Phil Parent wrote:I think the WORLD team and the community will make FPW something seminal when it comes to the history of wrestling games.

We are partners, in ways. They create the tools, and get the money for making it all possible, which is fair. We create the content, and we get the game we want, which is what we hoped for.

And since it's on PC, and we have technically gifted members, we can keep it alive basically forever. Not to mention all of the edit makers.

The best part for me is that I had already accepted that Returns was that game. I knew that we could keep the rosters relevant forever. World is a dream come true.

I remember the anticipation of waiting for the mail to come with my copy of 6MS w/ whatever it was that converted the imports. I can't remember was it the memory cart or a disc swap?

The anticipation for World is 10 fold.

Hayamaru
Community Member

Postby Hayamaru » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Saturn used a action replay pro 4 megabit cartridge to play imports. I know I still have my saturn and I have six men scramble. Though I didn't buy my copy of six men scramble until years later and the saturn I have now is my second one cause my first saturn I originally had became defective after years of use. That and the lithium battery was expired of it's usage.

Lord Worm
Dominus Haplotaxida

Postby Lord Worm » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Hayamaru wrote:Saturn used a action replay pro 4 megabit cartridge to play imports. I know I still have my saturn and I have six men scramble. Though I didn't buy my copy of six men scramble until years later and the saturn I have now is my second one cause my first saturn I originally had became defective after years of use. That and the lithium battery was expired of it's usage.

Right, I had two of those carts, I remember them being hard to use.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:37 am

Phil Parent wrote:I think the WORLD team and the community will make FPW something seminal when it comes to the history of wrestling games.

This is a really great post, especially the last line. You've always had a very unique perspective on the game and community that I have appreciated. I'm very happy that you are back and excited about this. I agree with your brand of optimism, mixed with realistic expectations and understanding of the player dynamic for the series 8-)

KitchenSink

Postby KitchenSink » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:41 am

I'm not sure how in the hell I just now found out about this.

At any rate, I need a change of underwear.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:11 am

KitchenSink wrote:I'm not sure how in the hell I just now found out about this.

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oooiknow:

KitchenSink wrote:At any rate, I need a change of underwear.

:nuderdance:

reddragon1444
Community Member

Postby reddragon1444 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 am

I only recently heard about this. And I'm so darn excited! I never thought a new Fire Pro game would come!

SonnyBone
Community Member

Postby SonnyBone » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:43 pm

MY SON!!!
#FetidToads

AcidDragon
Community Member

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:28 pm

I reeeeally want to see how the rope escape crawl functionality works.

remusclaw

Postby remusclaw » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:41 pm

AcidDragon wrote:I reeeeally want to see how the rope escape crawl functionality works.

Obviously not in the know myself, but would anybody be all that disappointed by an Aki/KOC style un-animated slide toward the ropes? It gets the job done with a minimum amount of fuss or reanimation's.

Jason Blackhart
Community Member

Postby Jason Blackhart » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Yeah, I had been thinking that the "KOC slide" was the most likely way to implement it. Otherwise, they'd have to be adding like a hundred new animations just for the rope break crawling alone, so I'm fine with that. It'll probably look better with 2D sprites than it does with 3D models, anyway.

ZeiramX

Postby ZeiramX » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:28 pm

Phil Parent wrote:Could be the last Fire Pro, and paradoxically, the one that will live forever.

So far we've had Final Fire Pro Wrestling for Game Boy Advance (and it's butchered US Version known as Fire Pro Wrestling 2), Fire Pro Wrestling Z (I remember the japanese website saying something along the lines of "thank you fire pro, goodbye fire pro"), Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, a US Release of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, and now Fire Pro Wrestling World. I think with all these "final" games, maybe we should just start calling this the start of a new era instead of the end of an old era. It makes perfect sense this new era starts with a game that can simply be abbreviated as FPW (Fire Pro World).

AcidDragon
Community Member

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:05 am

I'm totally okay with the slide. The first game I ever played that implemented this was the extremely underrated Burning Pro Wrestling for Super Famicom. That game was way ahead of its time featuring the funny lucha dance, wrestlers who look both ways in confusion when their opponent leaps off the top rope to attack them, K-1, Pancrase and Lucha rules and more. Since then, I've seen the slide to the ropes in many games. Looks fine in 2D and 3D to me, I can dig it. A part of me hopes that when you release a hold, it doesn't look like your opponent threw you off, but I guess that's a double edged sword.

ColdCobra
Community Member

Postby ColdCobra » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:29 am

As a life-long lover of the AKI engine, sliding to the ropes is fine by me as well.

Monkboon
Community Member

Postby Monkboon » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:02 am

I'm hoping they remove/ fix that Recovery bug/ glitch that plagued prior Fire Pro titles.
PSN/XBOX: ManiacMonkboon

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:25 pm

Monkboon wrote:I'm hoping they remove/ fix that Recovery bug/ glitch that plagued prior Fire Pro titles.

Since they're rebuilding the engine from the ground up; I would say it's likely this will be addressed.

Hayamaru
Community Member

Postby Hayamaru » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:53 pm

Which recovery bug?

Also, you guys remember how we all complained about this...

NOTE: For some inexplicable reason, Spike decided to invert the
++ values for Personality Traits in FPR, so what was previously "Low"
++ is now "High", and vice versa. Add to this Agetec's own "Yes" or
++ "No" translation and you have one confusing scenario. For the sake
++ of reference, just remember that "Yes" = "Low" and "No" = "High".

That was taken from Bill Wood's General FAQs and Movelist Guide. Hopefully this time that issue will be fixed. If not, I see will let Spike Chunsoft know about it and tell him to stick to the traditional values.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:27 am

The values you set for Recovery are totally ignored.

Any time the game checks against your recovery stat, it takes your breathing stat instead...so essentially breathing controls both recovery and breathing.

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:30 am

Welcome back!

jartry
Community Member

Postby jartry » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:39 am

Prepare to have your hearts broken.

It's time to hear the cold, hard truth.

I'm going to break this down in the best way possible, but I don't expect anyone to cut me any slack here. I knew what I was getting myself into, and I've been prepared for the consequences for quite some time.

Truth: There is no such thing as Fire Pro Wrestling World.

Now let that sink in for a second and get angry about it.

Here's another truth: I HAVE been in contact with some former Fire Pro Wrestling developers.

Now let that sink in for a second and ask yourself why I would make up such a story.

Here's the final and saddest truth: According to my contacts, Spike has no plans to ever make another wrestling game ever again. Period. That's it. It's over. No more Fire Pro. No more KOC. No more Blazing Tornado. No more Iron Slam. Kaput. Finished. THE END. The deep six. etc. etc.
I have an old issue of Geese's imagination where Hordak beat a Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet
#freeworm

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:15 am

jartry wrote:Prepare to have your hearts broken.

I'm going to break this down in the best way possible, but I don't expect anyone to cut me any slack here. I knew what I was getting myself into, and I've been prepared for the consequences for quite some time.

Here's another truth: I HAVE been in contact with some former Fire Pro Wrestling developers.

Now let that sink in for a second and ask yourself why I would make up such a story.

Here's the final and saddest truth: According to my contacts, Spike has no plans to ever make another wrestling game ever again. Period. That's it. It's over. No more Fire Pro. No more KOC. No more Blazing Tornado. No more Iron Slam. Kaput. Finished. THE END. The deep six. etc. etc.

Prove it or gtfo

KingTengu
Community Member

Postby KingTengu » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:41 am

jartry wrote:Prepare to have your hearts broken.

If this is an April Fools Joke, it's in seriously poor taste. :angrymob:
Lucy is crying because of what Roman Reigns tried to do to Braun Strowman at Great Balls of Fire. Too bad for her she doesn't know that it was pre-taped (allegedly), lol. :P