Fire Pro Wrestling World Announced!

IamAres

Re: Fire Pro Wrestling World Announced!

Postby IamAres » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:20 am

sonny615 wrote:^ Probably my favorite edit maker :mrgreen:

Nice to see you man!

Thanks, man. I think you told me that before, long ago, but it meant a lot to me, actually. Nice to know something I came up with could leave an impression.

If this game is the real deal, I imagine I'll be back in business.

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:20 pm

IamAres wrote:Holy shit, guys. Is this thing the real deal?

I never even thought about getting my hopes up after that avatar game BS.

Holy shit.

Looks like it is. Can't wait for this to come out.

Glad to see you again. I'm still using your edit pack after all these years. :)

Phil Parent
Community Member

Postby Phil Parent » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 pm

I think the WORLD team and the community will make FPW something seminal when it comes to the history of wrestling games.

We are partners, in ways. They create the tools, and get the money for making it all possible, which is fair. We create the content, and we get the game we want, which is what we hoped for.

And since it's on PC, and we have technically gifted members, we can keep it alive basically forever. Not to mention all of the edit makers.

Could be the last Fire Pro, and paradoxically, the one that will live forever.

Lord Worm
Dominus Haplotaxida

Postby Lord Worm » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Phil Parent wrote:I think the WORLD team and the community will make FPW something seminal when it comes to the history of wrestling games.

We are partners, in ways. They create the tools, and get the money for making it all possible, which is fair. We create the content, and we get the game we want, which is what we hoped for.

And since it's on PC, and we have technically gifted members, we can keep it alive basically forever. Not to mention all of the edit makers.

The best part for me is that I had already accepted that Returns was that game. I knew that we could keep the rosters relevant forever. World is a dream come true.

I remember the anticipation of waiting for the mail to come with my copy of 6MS w/ whatever it was that converted the imports. I can't remember was it the memory cart or a disc swap?

The anticipation for World is 10 fold.

Hayamaru

Postby Hayamaru » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Saturn used a action replay pro 4 megabit cartridge to play imports. I know I still have my saturn and I have six men scramble. Though I didn't buy my copy of six men scramble until years later and the saturn I have now is my second one cause my first saturn I originally had became defective after years of use. That and the lithium battery was expired of it's usage.

Lord Worm
Dominus Haplotaxida

Postby Lord Worm » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Hayamaru wrote:Saturn used a action replay pro 4 megabit cartridge to play imports. I know I still have my saturn and I have six men scramble. Though I didn't buy my copy of six men scramble until years later and the saturn I have now is my second one cause my first saturn I originally had became defective after years of use. That and the lithium battery was expired of it's usage.

Right, I had two of those carts, I remember them being hard to use.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:37 am

Phil Parent wrote:I think the WORLD team and the community will make FPW something seminal when it comes to the history of wrestling games.

This is a really great post, especially the last line. You've always had a very unique perspective on the game and community that I have appreciated. I'm very happy that you are back and excited about this. I agree with your brand of optimism, mixed with realistic expectations and understanding of the player dynamic for the series 8-)

KitchenSink

Postby KitchenSink » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:41 am

I'm not sure how in the hell I just now found out about this.

At any rate, I need a change of underwear.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:11 am

KitchenSink wrote:I'm not sure how in the hell I just now found out about this.

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oooiknow:

KitchenSink wrote:At any rate, I need a change of underwear.

:nuderdance:

reddragon1444

Postby reddragon1444 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 am

I only recently heard about this. And I'm so darn excited! I never thought a new Fire Pro game would come!

Return to “Fire Pro Wrestling World”