Life's A Bitch, Then I'm Gonna Die, But Surgery First!

Protheanbeacon
Community Member

Re: Life's A Bitch, Then I'm Gonna Die It Seems

Postby Protheanbeacon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:01 am

My dad died of malignant melanoma skin cancer so while I can't speak of the fear you must be feeling to have received such a diagnosis I do understand loss and what a bastard cancer can be.

Anyway I have some possible good news for you or at least a hopeful thought if nothing else.

I used to think pancreatic cancer was always fatal due to always hearing it was in the commercials about it which is pretty much the same case for malignant melanoma (save for if someone gets it cut off when its still small) but my uncle ended up beating the cancer you've got so at the very least it is possible to recover from this one in some cases.

As a fellow Fire Pro Warrior I hope you have the same good results as my uncle, brother.

I'd also advise you to please not do the Steve Jobs method of "wait and see" or "self treatment" if your doctors are ever able to shrink your cancer enough to make it operable.

Get it cut out if that ever becomes a viable possibility for you and live my friend.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:52 am

Protheanbeacon wrote:My dad died of malignant melanoma skin cancer so while I can't speak of the fear you must be feeling to have received such a diagnosis I do understand loss and what a bastard cancer can be.

Anyway I have some possible good news for you or at least a hopeful thought if nothing else.

I used to think pancreatic cancer was always fatal due to always hearing it was in the commercials about it which is pretty much the same case for malignant melanoma (save for if someone gets it cut off when its still small) but my uncle ended up beating the cancer you've got so at the very least it is possible to recover from this one in some cases.

As a fellow Fire Pro Warrior I hope you have the same good results as my uncle, brother.

I'd also advise you to please not do the Steve Jobs method of "wait and see" or "self treatment" if your doctors are ever able to shrink your cancer enough to make it operable.

Get it cut out if that ever becomes a viable possibility for you and live my friend.

The plan as it stands right now is for me to have it removed about a month from now, in a 8-12 hour operation, but the risk for death or serious complications is fairly high, so I hope to be coming home breathing after its over...... :lol:
Thanx for the nice thoughts, it does really help..... :)

joshthejerseyboy
Community Member

Postby joshthejerseyboy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:55 am

Is there anything we can do for you (besides handing Horrid Hood a title t hats not happening :P)

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:33 pm

joshthejerseyboy wrote:Is there anything we can do for you (besides handing Horrid Hood a title t hats not happening :P)

Thanx Josh, I sent you a message on discord, if you want to help, let Hood win some matches! Maybe set him against Barry Horowitz or something..... :lol:

On the bright side, I have gained 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks, considering I lost 8 when I got sick, gaining 5 back is a good omen! :)

IamAres
Community Member

Postby IamAres » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:08 am

It sounds like you're doing better than average for what you're going through, which is great for your odds going forward. Keep on truckin', brother.
Also slightly there's something happy, so enjoy it!

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:38 pm

IamAres wrote:It sounds like you're doing better than average for what you're going through, which is great for your odds going forward. Keep on truckin', brother.

Thanx! Took a rare day off today from treatment, now I have just monday and tuesday to go, then I am done treatments until after my upcoming surgery, in a few weeks (I think) so after those two days it will be so sweet not to have to go to the hospital everyday, except for my pre-op stuff, its weird to be excited about simply not having to go out..... 8-)
Of course, this gives me more time for World, so I can live with that, the last few weeks I have hardly turned the game on at all, just watch online sims.....On the bright side, I can take the game with me during my 2 weeks long stay in the hospital, so hopefully I will feel up to doing it, and can edit a lot of my stuff with all these new updates.....

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:25 am

Thought I would throw out a bit of an update for those who have been asking privately, I was to get my major surgery yesterday, but it was postponed until Dec. 19'th, due to them wanting me to get my strength back after chemo and radiation, which suits me fine for the most part, as I cannot say I was looking forward to it, the lousy news is now I will be in the hospital during X-mas and New years, but what can you do? The crappy part these days is I'm in quite a bit of pain a lot, as my body is getting used to my pain meds, so hopefully they can find a new formula where I am not, thats the toughest part......
Jeez, hard to believe I have been down this road 6 months now, another tough thing was this week, the first patient I met in chemo, and who helped me with what I should expect first chemo treatment, and had the same condition, died this week, she was only 30 years old, not exactly what you want to see while fighting the same thing..... :shock: :cry:
Anyway, thanx to those few that have sent me PM's and those here as well, this forum keeps me sane, not kidding...... :)

Kristofferson
Community Member

Re: Life's A Bitch, Then I'm Gonna Die, But Surgery First!

Postby Kristofferson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:19 am

Another tough time ahead for you FB. Really sorry to hear the bad timing of it all but hopefully they are able to make some significant progress during surgery and things start looking more positive in the new year.

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:16 am

We are here for you, hoping everything goes well. Christmas and New Year are overrated anyway.
Image Image

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Kristofferson wrote:Another tough time ahead for you FB. Really sorry to hear the bad timing of it all but hopefully they are able to make some significant progress during surgery and things start looking more positive in the new year.

Makar17 wrote:We are here for you, hoping everything goes well. Christmas and New Year are overrated anyway.

Thanx guys, looking at the positive I finally got a little more money from disabailty! :markout:

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Stay strong, good sir. At least they're not rushing you into the surgery, and from everything I've read, you've been enough of a fighter to face this head on and keep moving. Easy for me to say, of course, but I just want to encourage you to keep looking forward and beat this.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:46 am

Anyone heard from fullbug at all lately?

I believe he went into surgery on Dec 19th, and that's pretty much the last I've seen of him.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

IamAres
Community Member

Postby IamAres » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:58 am

Looks like he hasn't been on since the 14th.

Hope you're alright, man.
Also slightly there's something happy, so enjoy it!

BakFu888
Community Member

Postby BakFu888 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:39 am

Hopefully the surgery went well and he's on the mend, just taking a bit of a breather before hitting the FPA boards again! Get better soon! :)

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:34 am

Hey bug, best wishes and get well soon.
Image Image

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:44 am

Hope you are ok, Fullbug.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:41 am

fullbug wrote:Anyway, thanx to those few that have sent me PM's and those here as well, this forum keeps me sane, not kidding...... :)

Hope we're still helping you keep sane (and healthy), bug.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

djkm77
Community Member

Postby djkm77 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:48 pm

C-Drive wrote:
fullbug wrote:Anyway, thanx to those few that have sent me PM's and those here as well, this forum keeps me sane, not kidding...... :)

Hope we're still helping you keep sane (and healthy), bug.

Same here, I don't think you can find many nicer people on the boards than Bugg.
"A dollar saved is a dollar wasted." John "Blood" McNally
Links To My Saves
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31
http://www.fpwarena.com/files/djkm77/

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Postby TigerSword » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:09 pm

I keep watching for him to pop up in one of my live streams.

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:39 pm

TigerSword wrote:I keep watching for him to pop up in one of my live streams.

Me too. He was a semi-regular on my stream but he hasn't shown up for a few weeks. I hope he's ok. It's not like him to be out of contact this long. Maybe he is just resting up for a while after his surgery.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:51 pm

He has a Facebook page - anyone able to contact him via that? If not him, maybe someone he's friends with that's local to check on how he's doing?
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:11 am

Mind posting his facebook page?
Image Image

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:27 am

I don't mind PMing it to those interested in trying to contact him.

joshthejerseyboy
Community Member

Postby joshthejerseyboy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:18 am

He passed away, still can't believe your gone Fullbug....