Stuff That Doesn't Deserve It's Own Thread

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Re: Stuff That Doesn't Deserve It's Own Thread

Postby Old Baby » Mon May 08, 2017 6:34 pm

I think there's already a thread for smelly hitch hiker stories but your savings account story reminds me of when I found an old wallet with $20 in it that I thought this girl had stolen from me. I started liking her again but it was too late as I would have had to go around explaining to everyone why I was going out with the girl who stole from me. The wallet had a velcro seal.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Thu May 18, 2017 8:50 pm

I have a customer who is an ex-touring musician who met Chris Cornell and Scott Weiland in rehab 15 or better years ago. My guy didn't get clean then but he did later on. He was 8 years clean from the junk. He's using again. I suspect that he won't make it through the year if he keeps up at this pace. Real nice guy but he's hit a rough patch professionally and personally and now he's back on heroin. Really, really sad to see a nice guy get consumed by his demons again after conquering them once before. There's already been an attempt at intervention but it just pushed him further. Hopefully his father doesn't give up on him. 53 years old and relapse.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Fuee
Community Member

Postby Fuee » Fri May 19, 2017 6:10 am

I'm pretty sure there's a thread for this kind of thing somewhere, but I'll be goddamned if I can remember where it is. I don't think threads purge here, either... maybe it was on FPC?

Anyway, I doodled one of my FPR edits earlier, for... reasons.
Mostly I wanted to doodle some irezumi-type stuff and I never practice drawing feet ('cause whotf wants to draw a foot):

Reference snaps:

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 am

you're probably thinking of the FPCPP Art thread.

Fuee
Community Member

Postby Fuee » Fri May 19, 2017 9:42 am

SkullTrauma wrote:you're probably thinking of the FPCPP Art thread.

Aw ye, I knew I wasn't crazy. Thanks.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Tue May 23, 2017 11:39 pm

I just wanted to share that for the last few weeks, I have been having severe at times stomach pain, so two weeks ago I went to the doctor, had blood tests, ultrasound, the works, and Thursday I am having a MRI and other tests in the hospital, in the meantime the test results that I have got are alarming, something is wrong with my pancreas, and they are going to find out what, but until then the pain is getting worse where I can barely handle it, so I may have to check myself into ER before Thursday, not what sure what is going to happen, so if I disappear for awhile, or, god forbid, for good, those that know me will know what went down.....
In between bouts of being scared shit less, I'm trying to stay positive, so just wanted to put down how much fun I have had on here, and how I have and still enjoy the many online friendships I have made! :)
Keep your stick on the ice! 8-) (For those that will get that term ;) ...)

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Wed May 24, 2017 12:58 am

fullbug wrote:I just wanted to share that for the last few weeks, I have been having severe at times stomach pain, so two weeks ago I went to the doctor, had blood tests, ultrasound, the works, and Thursday I am having a MRI and other tests in the hospital, in the meantime the test results that I have got are alarming, something is wrong with my pancreas, and they are going to find out what, but until then the pain is getting worse where I can barely handle it, so I may have to check myself into ER before Thursday, not what sure what is going to happen, so if I disappear for awhile, or, god forbid, for good, those that know me will know what went down.....
In between bouts of being scared shit less, I'm trying to stay positive, so just wanted to put down how much fun I have had on here, and how I have and still enjoy the many online friendships I have made! :)
Keep your stick on the ice! 8-) (For those that will get that term ;) ...)

I work with a guy who went through issues with his pancreas. He also felt very sick and couldn't keep food down. He ended up having to spend some time in the hospital and recovery was a bumpy process but he bounced back and seems to be pretty much 100%. Keep your spirits up. Might be some less than optimal experiences ahead of you, but they'll get it figured out. The anticipation and not knowing is the hardest part to deal with.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Wed May 24, 2017 1:41 am

Thank you OB, just trying to somehow hang in there until Thursday morning, good thing I have pain meds or I wouldn't make it....
If I'm in for a long hospital stay, going to lead to more problems, as I'm my wife's caregiver, I'm actually more worried about her then myself.... :(

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:54 am

Hopefully it's something that doctors can fix. Hang in there. And thanks for letting us know.
Image Image

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Wed May 24, 2017 11:37 am

fullbug wrote:Thank you OB, just trying to somehow hang in there until Thursday morning, good thing I have pain meds or I wouldn't make it....
If I'm in for a long hospital stay, going to lead to more problems, as I'm my wife's caregiver, I'm actually more worried about her then myself.... :(

Hey fullbug, really hope you start to feel better ASAP. Sorry to hear about your health problems - especially with you and your wife's situation - but I wish it all works out. All the best, truly.
“To Be the Man, You Gotta Beat the Man”

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Wed May 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanx Sooj, Makar, appreciated.... 8-)

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Wed May 24, 2017 10:42 pm

Finally got my court date for my SSI Disability appeal (August 14th) after 3 years!
Now, I just need to get all my medical shit in order (including a current general check-up with my GP), and hopefully the law firm and I will have enough stuff for me to get a positive verdict and qualify.
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Fri May 26, 2017 1:18 am

Hopefully everything goes well, fullMETAL and you get the outcome you're after.
On a slightly-related note, my best friend doesn't much care for wrestling (he associates it with bombastic WWE stuff).

Could the community suggest a handful of matches to watch in my attempt to finally be able to talk wrestling with him?

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri May 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Sooj wrote:Could the community suggest a handful of matches to watch in my attempt to finally be able to talk wrestling with him?

I guess it depends if he's into MMA or any other combat sports in that vein. If he's into grappling, he might like Kurt Angle vs Lesnar at WM19. If he's into more strike based wrestling, he might like NJPW or any wrestlers with a strong striking moveset - I can't really help with that beyond Nakamura, Asuka, and a couple of other guys - I don't know a whole lot about Japanese wrestling, so yeah. If he's into comic books or superhero types, he might like watching lucha libre - WCW crusierweights, AAA, CMLL, or if he's into gritty drama-esque shows, he might even like Lucha Underground - the first two seasons are on Netflix last I checked, if he's got that. I guess he's not big on showmanship, so he probably won't like much of what WWE has to offer, though there's plenty of classic matches, especially in the New Gen era. There's also a ton of classic WCW matches from the pre-NWO times.

Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar at WM19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sEERMMFs-o

Highlight Reel/Music Video of WCW Cruiserweights (various wrestlers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWwJT0wDPW4

Lucha Underground Aztec Warfare III Highlight Reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro9nEpT_OLk

Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat Spring Stampede 1994: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzohtm ... pede_sport
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Fri May 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Misawa vs. Dr. Death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOXYWZt3Fw8

Misawa vs. Kawada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUVA5qchql0

I would say anything with Tenryu or Hansen or those who hit like a sumbitch. I've shown this kinda stuff to people who identify wrestling with Hogan and Andre, and even if they don't end up loving it, they at least walk away with an appreciation.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Fri May 26, 2017 11:49 pm

Excellent - thanks for the links, guys!

Jeru10

Postby Jeru10 » Sat May 27, 2017 8:27 pm

My friend recently got into wresrling over the past year or so.
Botchmania and OSW review really assisted with it though, very funy content.

Id think Lucha Underground would be a great gateway show too

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Sun May 28, 2017 1:07 am

Yeah, he really dug the SteinerMania edition - but it didn't do much to make wrestling seem more credible. He had no sympy- no sympy at all.

But I've never even seen Lucha underground myself. I've holidays coming up so I'll be sure to report back haha

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sun May 28, 2017 4:16 am

Maybe you should hit him with an RKO OUTTA NOWHERE (>_>) and Garvin Stomp his ass until he sees the light.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Sun May 28, 2017 7:00 am

I'll be vying to win the strike exchange on that one. With my hands of stone.

PensiverealtalkT
Community Member

Postby PensiverealtalkT » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:04 pm

So I'm completely sober and back...

Also, New fire pro! Holy shit!

Amirite?

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:00 am

Jodi Arias
Spoiler: show

Baroness

Baroness Jodi Arias

helmar
Community Member

Postby helmar » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:38 pm

There're only three of us here and every other account is an alt created by one of those three.
SPIKE gonna be pissed.
"Just another geek in his midthirties (forties) playing a strange video game in which little men hug each other" -Eisenheim

jartry
Community Member

Postby jartry » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:58 pm

is it truth @@
ImageImage

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:58 am

Happy Fathers Day to any of you guys who are father's. Hope you enjoy your day.